nForce OS X Lion (10.7) APP STORE DOWNLOAD INSTALL GUIDE on a Series 6 or 7 nForce chipset / Intel CPU MOBO

• Please log in to reply
435 replies to this topic

Poll: Lion on nForce + Intel CPU MOBO in Desktop (42 member(s) have cast votes)

Have you successfully installed a working, bootable Lion system?

1. Yes, on a Series 7 (750i, 780i, or 790i) nForce chipset Intel CPU MOBO, using the USB flash drive installer method (15 votes [25.42%])

Percentage of vote: 25.42%

2. Yes, on a Series 6 (650i or 680i) nForce chipset Intel CPU MOBO, using the USB flash drive installer method (13 votes [22.03%])

Percentage of vote: 22.03%

3. Yes, on a Series 6 (610i or 630i) nForce chipset Intel CPU MOBO, using the USB flash drive installer method (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Yes, on a Series 7 (750i, 780i, or 790i) nForce chipset Intel CPU MOBO, using the verdant_nForce_OSX_Lion_Installer_DVD_Booter (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Yes, on a Series 6 (650i or 680i) nForce chipset Intel CPU MOBO, using the verdant_nForce_OSX_Lion_Installer_DVD_Booter (3 votes [5.08%])

Percentage of vote: 5.08%

6. Yes, on a Series 6 (610i or 630i) nForce chipset Intel CPU MOBO, using the verdant_nForce_OSX_Lion_Installer_DVD_Booter (0 votes [0.00%])

7. Yes, on a Series 7 (750i, 780i, or 790i) nForce chipset Intel CPU MOBO, using Snow Leopard from an Installer volume to another HDD/volume (1 votes [1.69%])

Percentage of vote: 1.69%

8. Yes, on a Series 6 (650i or 680i) nForce chipset Intel CPU MOBO, using Snow Leopard from an Installer volume to another HDD/volume (2 votes [3.39%])

Percentage of vote: 3.39%

9. Yes, on a Series 6 (610i or 630i) nForce chipset Intel CPU MOBO, using Snow Leopard from an Installer volume to another HDD/volume (0 votes [0.00%])

10. No, none of the above methods has worked for me (6 votes [10.17%])

Percentage of vote: 10.17%

11. I have sold or plan to sell my nForce chipset MOBO to go over to the "light" side....Intel chipset MOBO..... (1 votes [1.69%])

12. I have sold or plan to sell my nForce chipset MOBO to buy a "real" Mac (1 votes [1.69%])

13. Are you running 10.7.x successfully , having auto-updated without any problems? (7 votes [11.86%])

Percentage of vote: 11.86%

14. Are all the standard Apple applications running OK? (10 votes [16.95%])

Percentage of vote: 16.95%

Would you say that your Lion system is working to your satisfaction (e.g. compared to Snow Leopard)

1. 100% on (17 votes [27.87%])

Percentage of vote: 27.87%

2. Series 7 - 750i, 780i, or 790i (5 votes [8.20%])

Percentage of vote: 8.20%

3. Series 6 - 650i, 680i (9 votes [14.75%])

Percentage of vote: 14.75%

4. 90% on (7 votes [11.48%])

Percentage of vote: 11.48%

5. Series 7 - 750i, 780i, or 790i (5 votes [8.20%])

6. Series 6 - 650i or 680i (5 votes [8.20%])

7. 80% on (4 votes [6.56%])

Percentage of vote: 6.56%

8. Series 7 - 750i, 780i, or 790i (2 votes [3.28%])

Percentage of vote: 3.28%

9. Series 6 - 650i or 680i (3 votes [4.92%])

Percentage of vote: 4.92%

10. 70% on (1 votes [1.64%])

Percentage of vote: 1.64%

11. Series 7 - 750i, 780i, or 790i (0 votes [0.00%])

12. Series 6 - 650i or 680i (0 votes [0.00%])

13. 60% on (0 votes [0.00%])

14. Series 7 - 750i, 780i, or 790i (0 votes [0.00%])

15. Series 6 - 650i or 680i (1 votes [1.64%])

16. 50% on (1 votes [1.64%])

17. Series 7 - 750i, 780i, or 790i (1 votes [1.64%])

18. Series 6 - 650i or 680i (0 votes [0.00%])

19. < 50% on (0 votes [0.00%])

20. Acceptably on 610i or 630i (0 votes [0.00%])

Is your Lion system working 100% on

1. SATA HDD (33 votes [13.47%])

Percentage of vote: 13.47%

2. SATA DVDRW including burning disks (6 votes [2.45%])

Percentage of vote: 2.45%

3. PATA (IDE) HDD (8 votes [3.27%])

Percentage of vote: 3.27%

4. PATA (IDE) DVDRW including burning disks (9 votes [3.67%])

Percentage of vote: 3.67%

5. Video (25 votes [10.20%])

Percentage of vote: 10.20%

6. Onboard LAN (Ethernet) (26 votes [10.61%])

Percentage of vote: 10.61%

7. USB devices (mounting/unmounting), plus USB keyboard and USB mouse (28 votes [11.43%])

Percentage of vote: 11.43%

8. Firewire (10 votes [4.08%])

Percentage of vote: 4.08%

9. PS/2 keyboard and mouse (6 votes [2.45%])

10. Audio including Front Panel headphones and microphone (14 votes [5.71%])

Percentage of vote: 5.71%

11. Audio except Front Panel headphones (4 votes [1.63%])

Percentage of vote: 1.63%

12. Audio except Front Panel microphone (5 votes [2.04%])

Percentage of vote: 2.04%

13. Sleep including waking from sleep (6 votes [2.45%])

14. PCI NIC (4 votes [1.63%])

Percentage of vote: 1.63%

15. eSATA (3 votes [1.22%])

Percentage of vote: 1.22%

16. Bluetooth (10 votes [4.08%])

Percentage of vote: 4.08%

17. WiFi (11 votes [4.49%])

Percentage of vote: 4.49%

18. Time Machine (8 votes [3.27%])

Percentage of vote: 3.27%

19. Overclocking (12 votes [4.90%])

Percentage of vote: 4.90%

20. Auto Software Update e.g. to 10.7.x (17 votes [6.94%])

Percentage of vote: 6.94%

Vote Guests cannot vote

verdant

verdant

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,527 posts
  • Interests:At home, I have the following computers......
    >
    >
    >
@ Everyone

There have been key updates to post #1..........

[1] Setting root ownership on the mounted USB flash drive installer volume after unlocking a 'locked' boot.efi file......see PART B - Steps 9. and 10.

[2] More detailed explanation of booting the USB flash drive installer in Step. 2 of PART C and PART D......

[3] Explanations of how to install OS X Lion on GPT (see PART E) and on MBR (see PART F) partitioned HDDs from the Mac OS X Lion Installer app on DVD, using my OS X Lion Boot CD (download link posted) and a Mac OS X Base System DVD......

abhilash

abhilash

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

abhilash here is my DSDT. If you need anything else send me a PM or message me here.

DSDT HDEF section is same for both of us. I don't understand why LegacyHDA.kext and ALC885.kext are making difference on same mobo. :P

Hi Vinnymac, just checking if everything is still working 100% for you.....?

@ abhilash You can compare two dsdt.dsl files using DiffMerge....... ;)

Thanks..and sleep is working but making cmos reset.

verdant

verdant

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,527 posts
    >
    >
    >

DSDT HDEF section is same for both of us. I don't understand why LegacyHDA.kext and ALC885.kext are making difference on same mobo. :)

Thanks..and sleep is working but making cmos reset.

@abhilash

Have you compared LegacyHDA.kext and ALC885.kext using DiffMerge.....?

abhilash

abhilash

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

@abhilash

Have you compared LegacyHDA.kext and ALC885.kext using DiffMerge.....?

yes.. DSDT's of both are same..:( Both ALC885 and LegacyHDA are working for me. But, ALC885 doesn't have front panel working. As vinnymac said, if he uses LegacyHDA sound is greyed out resulting in no audio devices and 100 % sound with ALC885 kext.

verdant

verdant

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,527 posts
    >
    >
    >

yes.. DSDT's of both are same.. :( Both ALC885 and LegacyHDA are working for me. But, ALC885 doesn't have front panel working. As vinnymac said, if he uses LegacyHDA sound is greyed out resulting in no audio devices and 100 % sound with ALC885 kext.

What I meant was comparing the ALC885 and LegacyHDA kext Info.plists......are they the same?

ErOSx86

ErOSx86

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Firstly many thanks verdant for a very extensive guide! I thought I would check in here as a nForce 780i Motherboard user (more complete specs listed in my sig).

I used the guide to install OSX via a USB stick, on a single GUID partition, though I have seemingly been hit by two problems (not sure how related they are) 1) Graphics, and 2) Finder freezes.

[EDIT] I should also note that in my case, i started from fresh. I have a MacBook Pro running lion, my PC never had OSX installed on it. I did try back when i built it, and failed miserably. So in my case its a totally fresh install.

On the first issue, I have searched around the forums and the reams and reams of scattered material online and tried the following.

a) EFI String, seemed like a straight forward one to do, so i spent a bit of time trying to be sure i did it correctly using an EFI string pack for generating the string with my GPU (a Dual PCB GTX295), Things appeared to go smoothly and make sense, I turned the string into hex and pasted into the relevant plist, but found no success unfortunately. Im not sure if i did something wrong, or if in Lion with my rig, its going to be a bit difficult.

;) I used the nvenabler.kext this actually got the GTX295 to work, I believe with acceleration, I have certainly been able to play EvE online and play with some 3D rendering applications at respectable frame rates... *However* suffered from crashes about 70% of the time during a particular session. (ie if i played eve, 70% of the evenings would end with a crash)
The other notable thing is that, it would only list one of the cards of the GTX 295 as having VRAM, not sure if this is part of the issue.
c) I haven't tried DSDT modding to enable the GPU... though did do a DSDT extraction for my motherboard, and the parts that require editing appear to not suffer from the issues listed (ie... pretty much no editing or CMOS resetting occurs in my case)

On the second issue i have never been able to fix it or improve the behaviour, and it appears to happen regardless of if i am in safemode or do a normal boot. The freezes usually happen if im copying a large number of files, though does happen when ocationally if im loading a new directory (i tend to use column view in finder) so it has failed a number of times when im clicking about trying to check or search files.

I am quite new to all of this, but, once more many thanks for allowing me to run OSX on my PC :) and ill keep searching for possible solutions.

verdant

verdant

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,527 posts
    >
    >
    >

Firstly many thanks verdant for a very extensive guide! I thought I would check in here as a nForce 780i Motherboard user (more complete specs listed in my sig).

I used the guide to install OSX via a USB stick, on a single GUID partition, though I have seemingly been hit by two problems (not sure how related they are) 1) Graphics, and 2) Finder freezes.

[EDIT] I should also note that in my case, i started from fresh. I have a MacBook Pro running lion, my PC never had OSX installed on it. I did try back when i built it, and failed miserably. So in my case its a totally fresh install.

On the first issue, I have searched around the forums and the reams and reams of scattered material online and tried the following.

a) EFI String, seemed like a straight forward one to do, so i spent a bit of time trying to be sure i did it correctly using an EFI string pack for generating the string with my GPU (a Dual PCB GTX295), Things appeared to go smoothly and make sense, I turned the string into hex and pasted into the relevant plist, but found no success unfortunately. Im not sure if i did something wrong, or if in Lion with my rig, its going to be a bit difficult.

;) I used the nvenabler.kext this actually got the GTX295 to work, I believe with acceleration, I have certainly been able to play EvE online and play with some 3D rendering applications at respectable frame rates... *However* suffered from crashes about 70% of the time during a particular session. (ie if i played eve, 70% of the evenings would end with a crash)
The other notable thing is that, it would only list one of the cards of the GTX 295 as having VRAM, not sure if this is part of the issue.
c) I haven't tried DSDT modding to enable the GPU... though did do a DSDT extraction for my motherboard, and the parts that require editing appear to not suffer from the issues listed (ie... pretty much no editing or CMOS resetting occurs in my case)

On the second issue i have never been able to fix it or improve the behaviour, and it appears to happen regardless of if i am in safemode or do a normal boot.

I am quite new to all of this, but, once more many thanks for allowing me to run OSX on my PC :) and ill keep searching for possible solutions.

Glad the guide was helpful......:)

1) Graphics and EFI string - did you generate this in Leopard (rather than in Snow Leopard, and even perhaps Lion?) as recommended in post #2......?

Post #2 also tells you how to confirm operation of CI and QE in Lion.....

2) Finder freezes - could be MOBO / GTX 295 related.....see here

ErOSx86

ErOSx86

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Glad the guide was helpful......;)

1) Graphics and EFI string - did you generate this in Leopard (rather than in Snow Leopard, and even perhaps Lion?) as recommended in post #2......?

Post #2 also tells you how to confirm operation of CI and QE in Lion.....

2) Finder freezes - could be MOBO / GTX 295 related.....see here

The EFI string i generated in Lion, on the PC after the initial install. On the surface things seem to look ok, and the string appears to be very similar to those posted in a few of the forum threads.

On checking if i have CI and QE support, before use of the enabler kext, i would see horizontal tearing and stuttered performance, also, the resolution was naturally locked at 1280x1024 as probably expected. After the enabler I would get full resolution settings control for my monitor, and a much smoother experience. I didn't check out any other apps other than EvE online (shamefully enough) And i should do this when next near the computer.

Thanks for the links, i will check it out

iLeopod

iLeopod

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • Interests:ileopod.wordpress.com
First Pretty amazing and Stunning Knowledgeable.

Thanks about the PM, but i had no Problems with windows so i assume it was no Hardware Config/Defect related Problem.

1 AppleHDA
Interesting fact that that some boards Have Audio codec with address 2 (Like the Gigabyte and original Apple ) and zero Like mine and others. There are different Pros and Cons about using the old open 10.6.2 AppleHDA (Open for All codecs, working Frontpanel) or a later one (HDMI Audio for GFX with integrated HDMI audio). With codec Address (first Number in pinconfig) 2 u can use the new AppleHDA. Using the Lion Apple HDA is not recommend because there are a lot of sound assertions and it take 1 min. or more till you hear sth.

I Will edit my Legacy for Front Panel later.

For Firewire there is fix but i will be disable Hotplug.
Will add it later here.

Best Regards

iLeopod

verdant

verdant

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,527 posts
    >
    >
    >

First Pretty amazing and Stunning Knowledgeable.

Thanks about the PM, but i had no Problems with windows so i assume it was no Hardware Config/Defect related Problem.

1 AppleHDA
Interesting fact that that some boards Have Audio codec with address 2 (Like the Gigabyte and original Apple ) and zero Like mine and others. There are different Pros and Cons about using the old open 10.6.2 AppleHDA (Open for All codecs, working Frontpanel) or a later one (HDMI Audio for GFX with integrated HDMI audio). With codec Address (first Number in pinconfig) 2 u can use the new AppleHDA. Using the Lion Apple HDA is not recommend because there are a lot of sound assertions and it take 1 min. or more till you hear sth.

I Will edit my Legacy for Front Panel later.

For Firewire there is fix but i will be disable Hotplug.
Will add it later here.

Best Regards

iLeopod

Hi iLeopod

Many thanks for the nice words........ :)

I have the same view of you on DSDT modding / Legacy kexts etc. for nForce MOBOs..... ;)

Owing to the time taken to prepare and support my nforce OSx86 guides for OS X Leopard, Snow Leoaprd and Lion, I just have not had/do not have enough time to research into DSDT modding as deeply as you...... thus, I use auto-generation of C-States and P-states by Chameleon RC5 for SpeedStepping, rather than modding my DSDT for C-States and P-states etc.....

I would be happy to include any AppleHDALegacy kext mods / binary patching of AppleHDA etc. by you in my Audio post #5.....

I really like what you have started to do with your DSDT Tutorials on a German OSx86 forum because as good as Master Chief's post's are, they do not explain with reasons what is being done by each DSDT change in a way for nForce MOBO users new to DSDT modding to easily learn and understand.....and then translate onto their own nForce DSDT.aml files.....

So, I would happily include an English version of your DSDT tutorials in post #4 or #7 of my guide if you wanted to prepare one.......

Best wishes
verdant

abhilash

abhilash

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

What I meant was comparing the ALC885 and LegacyHDA kext Info.plists......are they the same?

no they are not same... LegacyHDA has BuiltinHDA addition and configdata is different.

iLeopod

iLeopod

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
In Pinconfig it's the codec address 0 versus 2 and the front mic and I saw u replaced Digital out with 7.1 Line out.

Here is my update:Attached File  ALC885.kext_test.zip   8.65KB   20 downloads
HP should work via auto-detect like before. Try if front mic is working maybe Built in HDA its he solution for that (not yet added).

If u get with my previous working Audio:try it if u used abhilash version stay with it.

@ verdant I'm only a beginner in DSDT editing. I was only the first one who applied not only RTC and HDEF patch.

verdant

verdant

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,527 posts
    >
    >
    >

In Pinconfig it's the codec address 0 versus 2 and the front mic and I saw u replaced Digital out with 7.1 Line out.

Here is my update:Attached File  ALC885.kext_test.zip   8.65KB   20 downloads
HP should work via auto-detect like before. Try if front mic is working maybe Built in HDA its he solution for that (not yet added).

If u get with my previous working Audio:try it if u used abhilash version stay with it.

@ verdant I'm only a beginner in DSDT editing. I was only the first one who applied not only RTC and HDEF patch.

@ iLeopod you may view yourself as a beginner but, excluding myself, you appear to be the only IM member writing detailed DSDT guides for beginners based upon your experiences with an nForce MOBO, and so, your fuller knowledge of DSDT editing is invaluable to the nForce MOBO community....... :P

Vinnymac

Vinnymac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Computer Creation and Destruction
This is all very strange. Verdant you make a good point about the amount of ram, especially because back in Snow Leopard you helped me realize the installer hated having more than 2 GBs. I'll play around with that idea, and see what my results are like.

I think I'll give iLeopard's kext a test and see how it runs :/
abhilash, is their anything else you did to your system with the LegacyHDA.kext + AppleHDA.kext + HDef Fix?
If there was one difference then it might explain why I cannot get that setup working, and then we would know for sure. I feel like I must have done something while fixing usb, or you must have done something while trying to get audio to work, that made our configurations differ using Legacy and ALC885.

verdant

verdant

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,527 posts
    >
    >
    >
Hi Vinnymac,

It is definitely worth knowing if the amount of RAM and/or having only the same memory size RAM modules is important in terms of the stability of the 680i chipset MOB), and possibly others too.......so I look forward to your experimental results...... :P

In my Asus 650i I have: 2GB RAM modules in slots A1 and B1 plus 1GB RAM modules in slots A2 and B2..........I have no problems with random freezes but I also have Northbridge chipset and Southbridge chipset fan cooling and so do not know if this is a contributory factor to the running stability........so perhaps RAM module location is important too depending on the MOBO.....

Vinnymac

Vinnymac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
@iLeopard I tried that kext, same results as the ALC885.kext I originally used from abhilash. Lets wait and see what his system does with it.

@Verdant, I used to have more RAM in this PC, but now I am only running 2 GB of Ram in A1 and B1. I will try different combinations though.

@abhilash, I am gonna install LegacyHDA and see what I can do.

I have a question, it may seem dumb, but after using the DSDT I did not see ANY system improvements, so it is quite possible my DSDT is not being used. Is their a way I can prove it? I know verdant says to put the DSDT in root but I keep it in Extra, because I like it that way. Basically what I am saying is, if the DSDT is NOT being used, then it is possible that is why LegacyHDA.kext is not working for me, because I also need the HDEF fix which may not be happening.

How can I be 100% sure the DSDT is being used in my system?

iLeopod

iLeopod

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
Chameleon dos not care if DSDT is in / or in /Extra.
You can verify if DSDT loads by checking if in System Profiler is the Audio-Id you injected with Layout-id in HDEF Device in DSDT.
or

Type in Chameleon: Wait=Yes

Then you can see Chameleon recognizing your hardware and showing what tables like DSDT and SSDT being loaded.

Vinnymac

Vinnymac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
I know the DSDT doesn't need to be, I just want to know if it is being loaded for sure :P
I see that it says it is loaded in the Chameleon log at the beginning of boot. Is this saved somewhere?
I wish I knew why LegacyHDA wasn't working, so I am going to post some information here, and see what we can solve from it.

This is a list of the kexts I have loaded via Kext Wizard:
Attached File  Vinnymac___s_Mac_Pro.txt   20.18KB   6 downloads
This is my boot.plist in my /Extra folder:
Attached File  org.chameleon.Boot.zip   421bytes   5 downloads
Here is my DSDT again if anyone wants it:
Attached File  DSDT.zip   7.76KB   5 downloads

This is my kernel.log file:
Attached File  kernel.zip   2.53KB   1 downloads

iLeopod

iLeopod

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
Yes bdmesg. It can also accessed via Chameleon Wizard.

verdant

verdant

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,527 posts
    >
    >
    >
@ Vinnymac

The reasons I personally like having the DSDT.aml in / like the mach_kernel, are because {1} that way I do not have to worry about accidentally trashing it while experimenting with different /Extra folders and {2} I like the DSDT.aml file to have the same path address as the mach_kernel as it is read after the kernel is loaded.....

bdmesg output extracts:

Chameleon 2.0-RC5 (svn-r1191) [2011-07-20 10:32:54]

Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,1)/Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist] 566 bytes.

Read GPT

Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,1)/Extra/Themes/Default/theme.plist] 2709 bytes.

Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,6)/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist] 290 bytes.

Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,6)/Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist] 667 bytes.

Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,6)/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist] 478 bytes.

Loading Darwin 10.7
Loading kernel mach_kernel
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,6)/mach_kernel] 4096 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,6)/mach_kernel] 7948352 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,6)/DSDT.aml] 31181 bytes.

Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,6)/Extra/smbios.plist] 662 bytes.

Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,6)/DSDT.aml] 31181 bytes.
ACPI table not found: SSDT.aml
FADT: Restart Fix applied!
FADT: Using custom DSDT!
Found ACPI CPU: CPU0
Found ACPI CPU: CPU1
Found ACPI CPU: CPU2
Found ACPI CPU: CPU3
SSDT with CPU C-States generated successfully
SSDT with CPU P-States generated successfully
RSDT: Added 2 SSDT table(s)
FADT: Restart Fix applied!
FADT: Using custom DSDT!
Added 2 SSDT table(s) into XSDT
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,6)/Extra/Extensions/ACPIMonitor.kext/Contents/Info.plist] 2005 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,6)/Extra/Extensions/AD1998b.FIX.kext/Contents/Info.plist] 77489 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,6)/Extra/Extensions/AppleNForceATA.imk64bit.kext/Contents/Info.plist] 2902 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,6)/Extra/Extensions/EvOreboot.kext/Contents/Info.plist] 1358 bytes.

If you compare this with the bdmesg output when DSDT.aml is in /Extra, you will see that you still have

Loading Darwin 10.7
Loading kernel mach_kernel
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,6)/mach_kernel] 4096 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,6)/mach_kernel] 7948352 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,6)/DSDT.aml] 31181 bytes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy