ULTIMATIVE wakeup the Lion from sleep topic

longtom

75 posts in this topic

So, I will guess you are getting power-button sleep too!

yup as i said it always was here even without the CID correction, but now with CID it correctly see it as a Power-Button (and not just reading the device name from the DSDT - PWRB)

Just the ordinary one for my board, it's really common.

It just works, without any enabler, and with appleintelcpumanagement for sure.

I have to click twice to wake up my computer though.

Yes, just adding this to your DSDT doesn't fix the double click to wake problem.

Strangly, on a friends GA-P55A-UD3 i have same problem although i know for sure lion used to report the real wake reason.

i now this cause when firstly moving his system from snow leo to lion (that BTW on that time SL started to get fricki when sending to sleep) so after some trails on changing his DSDT, i finally solved his problem on both Lion and SL with the new DSDT, and i 100% remember seeing on lion the wake reason (i.e UHC1, can't remember what about Power button report).

BUT

he told me he having some troubles with sleep again, so i came over to see what's about. guess what

8/24/11 11:53:26.000 AM kernel: Wake reason: ? (Network)

no matter from where i'm waking the PC (either mouse, power button), it will show this message and i need to push the power button once again to complete the wake (or do disconnect the screen and connecting back)

i will go deeper on this problem this weekend hoping to solve this (as i KNOW it did work last time i checked here)

so weird

Seems like A LOT of gigabyte boards are affected by this. Tbh they should NOT be recommended for builds until a solution is found (there might not be one? Could be a BIOS bug not fixable by DSDT?). So I guess I'd rather recommend people going for ASUS (or maybe Intel) boards...

I can confirm this issue on my Gigabyte GA-P35-S3G. Waking up without HID interaction won't work, if I click the mouse or bang on the keyboard like a monkey my system wakes up again.

Aug 27 10:29:56 envy kernel[0]: Wake reason: ?
Aug 27 10:29:56 envy kernel[0]: The USB device USB2.0 Hub (Port 6 of Hub at 0xfa000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)
Aug 27 10:29:56 envy kernel[0]: The USB device wired keyboard (Port 1 of Hub at 0xfa600000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (3)
Aug 27 10:29:56 envy kernel[0]: HID tickle 134 ms
Aug 27 10:29:57 envy kernel[0]: 0		0 AppleUSBCDC: start - initDevice failed

Without HID interaction I get "Graphics surpressed" and it goes back to sleep

Hey guys,

think I am having a similar issue to you all.

I have a studio fps 435mt, with some proprietary dell mono in it, core i7 920 and gtx 260.

my issue is that sleeping the machine works fine, although it does also stop power to my wireless keyboard and mouse so need wired keyboard to wake.

however when it does wake, i think i get the graphics suppression issue, where the monitor does not wake. I can hear the fans and drives spinning up, but no monitor. Ive had a look to try and find my sleep and wake events in the console but not 100% on where to look for them.

I have an auto patched DSDT, but the issue was the same even before I started using that.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Eds

chiming in on my ep35-ds3l with 10.7.1

power button sleeps. nothing shows in logs that i can see. it just sleeps.

wake on power button: getting "wake reason: ?" and if i click the mouse or keyboard (non-apple) it wakes with HID tickle, otherwise no screen, goes back to sleep, 'graphics suppressed' with time in log.

wake on key/mouse: "wake reason: UHC6" HID tickle is there, and all is well.

i had not noticed this before, as i usually go to menu -> sleep because tower button isn't convenient, and always wake with keyboard or mouse. interesting.

FIXED

i used an unknown applertc.kext,

i used genuine kext with the perl patch

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x44\x89\xf8|\xeb\x30\x44\x89\xf8|; s|\x75\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|\xeb\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

Now wake works well with power button ;)

chiming in on my ep35-ds3l with 10.7.1

power button sleeps. nothing shows in logs that i can see. it just sleeps.

wake on power button: getting "wake reason: ?" and if i click the mouse or keyboard (non-apple) it wakes with HID tickle, otherwise no screen, goes back to sleep, 'graphics suppressed' with time in log.

wake on key/mouse: "wake reason: UHC6" HID tickle is there, and all is well.

i had not noticed this before, as i usually go to menu -> sleep because tower button isn't convenient, and always wake with keyboard or mouse. interesting.

could I have your dsdt? Have the same mobo, am not sure is sleep is working as the fan is spinning. previously when miracle it work sleep stops the fan... what do you have in /E/E and boot.plist?

FIXED

i used an unknown applertc.kext,

i used genuine kext with the perl patch

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x44\x89\xf8|\xeb\x30\x44\x89\xf8|; s|\x75\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|\xeb\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

Now wake works well with power button ;)

Not working anymore ???!!!!!! why does it work yesterday using this tip ??? still seeking...

sleep works fine for me, Dell Inspiron 6400 with Intel core 2 duo and Nvidia 7300 GO, i used the 10.7.0 kext from kexts.com, and it works flawlessly only having issues with my screen going blank when i turn to wake up after the system turns it off due to inactivity, but once it sleeps and wakes back up, everything works without hiccup :rolleyes:

After sleep speedstep won't work anymore, just the turbo states & the minimum multiplier (16-42-43-44-45). To wake the system I have to press several keys or mouse buttons. First key = fan & disks, next key(s) = monitor.

I can now see the "wake reason" because I added the DSM method inside EHC1 & 2:

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
			{
				Store (Package (0x0B)
					{
						"AAPL,current-available", 
						0x0834, 
						"AAPL,current-extra", 
						0x0A8C, 
						"AAPL,current-extra-in-sleep", 
						0x0A8C, 
						"AAPL,max-port-current-in-sleep", 
						0x0834, 
						"AAPL,device-internal", 
						0x02, 
						Buffer (One)
						{
							0x00
						}
					}, Local0)
				DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
				Return (Local0)
			}

Besides that I've only patched AppleRTC, among many DSDT stuff but nothing out of the ordinary.

EDIT: almost forgot, another issue I have is that I have to replug the webcam after sleep, see below the "initDevice failed":

Before:
kernel[0]: Wake reason: ?
kernel[0]: Graphics suppressed 10468 ms
kernel[0]: HubDevice::terminate(kIOServiceSynchronous) timeout
kernel[0]: 0		0 AppleUSBCDC: start - initDevice failed

After:
kernel[0]: Wake reason: EHC1
kernel[0]: HID tickle 2755 ms
kernel[0]: HubDevice::terminate(kIOServiceSynchronous) timeout
kernel[0]: 0		0 AppleUSBCDC: start - initDevice failed

• 2 weeks later...

Seems dead in the water unless someone really skilled with DSDT/BIOS editing drops by.

Until then people should stop recommending Gigabyte boards for perfect MacOS compatibility.

I mean, not having the power button and WoL work is pretty far from compatibility in my book.

• 2 weeks later...
Seems dead in the water unless someone really skilled with DSDT/BIOS editing drops by.

Until then people should stop recommending Gigabyte boards for perfect MacOS compatibility.

I mean, not having the power button and WoL work is pretty far from compatibility in my book.

I've read in an other topic to press the power button twice to wake up the computer, and it works !! On the second time, the monitor wakes. :)

i don't know how much it will help you guys, but s mentioned in above post of mine

a friend with GA-P55A-UD3 had some troubles with the wake reason

"8/24/11 11:53:26.000 AM kernel: Wake reason: ? (Network)"

while i was SURE that when i finished his Lion installation, i did saw a wake reason

so, i started messing with things up, and eventually it was the easiest thing (but don't know if it will help, it help me at least)

the thing was chameleon got loaded from somewhere else, can't say for sure, maybe SL partition or another one on same disk. (i was doing it through screen sharing so i just told him to pull each of the drives to see if it solve it)

after MANUALLY installing chameleon on the Lion partition, and set it to active, also made sure it's loaded from BIOS. and Yaaa! wake problem gone all together (he also had some mysterious USB issues upon wake)

so just check if there isn't any other chameleon that load your Lion :)

BTW, also make sure your SATA drives are on the SATA2(Intel) and not the SATA3(Marvell) connections, first are best choice

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm having the same problem on 10.7.3

I've got - Asus p6t deluxe v2, i7 920

When I'm waking up the lion it freeze and then I need to restart it.

I tired everything:

And SleepEnableer

Even when I wake it via the power button it freeze

But nothing helps.

Did anyone managed to solve this problem?