WiFi-Stick for Lion?

FuManchu84

64 posts in this topic

just install the driver for 10.6 (USBRT257X) .... then plug the stick ....

hi ive brought the wifi stick on your recommendation but cant get it to work.....

please help.

Downloaded the driver, plugged in stick and says device not present.

I noticed you replied to someone earlier saying you used kernalcache=yes in your plist

is this what i need to do?

the device shows up in my mac like this

802.11 g WLAN:

Product ID: 0x2070

Vendor ID: 0x148f

Version: 1.01

Serial Number: 1.0

Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec

Manufacturer: Ralink

Location ID: 0xfa300000 / 2

Current Available (mA): 500

Current Required (mA): 450

TPLink TL-WN321G ...work fine in Lion .....

nice 1 this ones £5 on ebay!

I'm going to get this what driver/patches do I need to install?

thanks

I ordered the genuine apple card + adapter now. But shipping will take a few weeks from the US to Germany...

believe me SMART move, works just awesome no problems with reception whatsoever!

Does anyone know a WiFi USB-Stick that works with Lion? My current one that works with SnowLeopard (LCS-8131N USB Wireless, Chip = Ralink RT2870F) doesn't work with Lion (Wireless utility freezes). I don't know if it's simply the missing driver support from Ralink or if there is some general incompatibility...

visit my Lion Guide ( see signature ) - I have a Rt2870 USB stickfrom Sitecom. The kext from June 2011 is working in Lion, The ralink utility is also causing issues to me ( when using Lion fullscreen feature ) , so I searched for a replacement and found one.

A prefpane/menuitem combo that manages the networks. Works absolutely with Lion and ralinks official kexts.

the prefpane you put in /Library/prefpanes and the app into /applications. Repair permissions with Apples diskutility.Then go to Users control panel and activate the app to launch on login. Prefpane is accessible from within "system Settings" later.

I put together a zip, find in my Toshiba Guide - just try it.

Ralink will sooner or later release Lion compatible utility. Until then this is a working solution.

visit my Lion Guide ( see signature ) - I have a Rt2870 USB stickfrom Sitecom. The kext from June 2011 is working in Lion, The ralink utility is also causing issues to me ( when using Lion fullscreen feature ) , so I searched for a replacement and found one.

A prefpane/menuitem combo that manages the networks. Works absolutely with Lion and ralinks official kexts.

the prefpane you put in /Library/prefpanes and the app into /applications. Repair permissions with Apples diskutility.Then go to Users control panel and activate the app to launch on login. Prefpane is accessible from within "system Settings" later.

I put together a zip, find in my Toshiba Guide - just try it.

Ralink will sooner or later release Lion compatible utility. Until then this is a working solution.

the same driver and utility for version 4 of TPLink TL-WN321G

Mate this is perfect thankyou!

:worried_anim:

"is AirDrop working?"

nope

Thanks a lot my friend...im so glad that you never mind!!!!

Im really put this card too work on Lion without KP

My TP-LINK adapter TL-WN321G !!!!

But I'm not get "airport" show's up on desktop panel....

Thank you so very much...and if you can let me know how I'm put this start up item to work correctly....im not get it!!!

Congratulations from Brazil!!!!

Asus G1S

Lion & 7 on MBR

post-411738-1311132604_thumb.png

hi max as the "a" says

unzip the contents of his file and put in the right locations

as shown in the extracted folder then goto

application /system preferences /users /login items

press + and add the new installed app in application folder

I ticked the box saying hide. that's it

make sure you drag your old raalink utility to trash

if you have it installed .

this app looks like airport but isn't compatible with

the real apple airport app if you understand what I mean

The Netgear WG111v3 works. Must use the 10.4 installer from their site.

EDIT: Should mention I'm running 32bit

Is yours deleting all your profiles after reboot as well? Glad my internet works but man its annoying...

Does anyone know a WiFi USB-Stick that works with Lion? My current one that works with SnowLeopard (LCS-8131N USB Wireless, Chip = Ralink RT2870F) doesn't work with Lion (Wireless utility freezes). I don't know if it's simply the missing driver support from Ralink or if there is some general incompatibility...

If you want another option, I can guarantee that the Asus WL-167G V3 works perfectly. Link Speed 150(Mbps).

wink_anim.gif

And another thing, it comes with the driver for Mac OS X. ..

• 2 weeks later...

Anything Ralink based sucks under OSX. Constant dropouts which means having to unplug sticks or restart connection applications. I have washed my hands of these.

The best card to get is a Broadcom BCM94322MC. Put that in a PCI-e adapter and you should get Airdrop under Lion.

Anything Ralink based sucks under OSX. Constant dropouts which means having to unplug sticks or restart connection applications. I have washed my hands of these.

The best card to get is a Broadcom BCM94322MC. Put that in a PCI-e adapter and you should get Airdrop under Lion.

To quote the recent Metamucil TV ads in the US, to make such a generalization about Ralink-based USB sticks is, to put it simply, *wrong*.

I've used the *same* Ralink-based USB stick in Lion that I've used in Snow Leopard (in fact, in Snow Leopard, it replaced an SMC USB-based stick) with nary an issue. What bites isn't the driver support, but the old utility (which is not pure x64, which naturally causes conniptions in Lion). There is a newer utility that is purely x64 and is compatible with AirDrop (but still works in both Lion and SL); there's a link to a package (that also includes the most recent driver kexts) in the LAN and Wireless forum.

The Netgear WG111v3 works. Must use the 10.4 installer from their site.

EDIT: Should mention I'm running 32bit

I can confirm that the Netgear WG111v3 works in Lion 32-bit using the driver for 10.4

I am using the ASUS WL-167G V3 usb wireless dongle it works perfectly.

Hope that helps

• 2 weeks later...