intel hd graphics cards success 10.8

nmano

182 posts in this topic

Yes, but why has he got the native resolution in the VESA table and we no? Maybe an EFI String, a module, a patch for Chameleon because it detect the native resolution not the Mac.

Because the vendor of his mainboard/notebook actually cared and customized it, instead of just using the intel provided sample code.

He doesn't need EFI strings or kexts, he will always get the max. resolution in his VESA table.

thanks for your reply. So we have no chance to get native resolution! But i have also a dedicated video card (5470M) which is full supported by OS X but i can't activate it because my notebook boots up with Intel HD. Anyway a Youtube User made a video where he shows the functionality of his Hackintosh. The model of his notebook is not mine but it is also a G62.

Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obb1P2Iy_-8

I tried to answer some informations to activate 5470M video card but he doesn't reply.

Please analise the video.

Bye,

-giofrida

10.7 supported kexts

10.6 supported kexts

10.8 supported kexts

Thanks Manor,

i have used your 10.7 kexts and i got native res. Everythink looks nice except the fact that i cant get youtube to play videos (i can hear sound but no video, just a grey window)

any help? How do i fix this?

thanks guys

Thanks Manor,

i have used your 10.7 kexts and i got native res. Everythink looks nice except the fact that i cant get youtube to play videos (i can hear sound but no video, just a grey window)

any help? How do i fix this?

thanks guys

You must enable QE/CI. That's not possible in Lion, only SL for now. Can you tell me the steps you use to get native resolution please?

Thanks,

-giofrida

You must enable QE/CI. That's not possible in Lion, only SL for now. Can you tell me the steps you use to get native resolution please?

Thanks,

-giofrida

just installed the kexts with kext Kext Utility.

and added my native res to com.apple.Boot.plist.

1-Open terminal

type:

sudo -s

insert password.

2- Type:

sudo pico /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

in com.apple.Boot.plist add this files:

<key>Graphics Mode</key><string>1280x1024x32</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key><string>Yes</string>

1280x1024x32 is my native res.

save it

close it

download install last chameleon bootloader.

i have installed:

Chameleon-2.1svn-r1769.pkg

reboot.

just installed the kexts with kext Kext Utility.

and added my native res to com.apple.Boot.plist.

1-Open terminal

type:

insert password.

2- Type:

in com.apple.Boot.plist add this files:

1280x1024x32 is my native res.

save it

close it

download install last chameleon bootloader.

i have installed:

reboot.

v.good.finally solved reso1280x1024x32.

if you can test with out this line <key>GraphicsEnabler</key><string>Yes</string>

v.good.finally solved reso1280x1024x32.

if you can test with out this line <key>GraphicsEnabler</key><string>Yes</string>

done it, but i don't see any difference.

With 10.8 runs much better?

still no video on youtube. Do you have video on youtube manor?

done it, but i don't see any difference.

With 10.8 runs much better?

still no video on youtube. Do you have video on youtube manor?

and manor you need to write some kind of tutorial. Just droping files here its not enough, people get confused and no one understands how to use your work.

So if you can try to write a simple tutorial. It would help lots of people im shure.

PS: I am stuck with this laptop for 3 years now and believe me when i say: There will never be true qe/ci on this card. It would take months for someone to port drivers. And that is just insane. Nobody did it, nobody will do it, well maybe someone can find a way to tweak other drivers to work with this card but anything beyond that will not happen im shure.

Sorry guys

Hello Manor,

First of all, sorry about my bad english, i´m from Brazil.

Well, i have a Sony Vaio VPCEA23FB with almost same configs of your laptop described here. I really need to install OSX on my lap for working with audio programs. I can install Lion 10.7.2 with iatkos l2 DVD. I got everything working but intel HD graphics. I have installed all yours drivers, and with one of then the video driver its better than before.

I saw yours screenshots running 10.8 with full resolution and recognized intel HD. Can you explain me the steps for make it? I really need so much.

My specs:

- Vaio VPCEA23FB

- i3 330m (busratio=16)

- HM55 chipset

- 4Gb Ram DDR3

- intel HD Graphics 5700 iron lake (arrandale) 0x0046 (like yours)

So, i can't get native resolution. But, i have also a dedicated video card: can someone tell me how to activate it? Please it's very important because my dedicated card is fully supported by OS X but i can't boot up in OS X with it, only with integrated unless i do a BIOS modification.

Hi,

I unsuccesfully tried to adjust my resolution and intel 8086:0046 hd graphics arrandale problems using this topic. I have a samsung qx410 and so also an geforce 310M.

I dumped my bios and edited it to show all possible settings. One of them is changing primary display into PEG and the resolution settings. Also muxing settings and optimus settings are avalaible. But I am too scared to flash it.

EDIT:

I think I figured out how we all can get custom resolutions. We need to edit the vbios with the intel BMP (binary modification program) utility to add resolutions, flash it and go..

See: http://wenku.baidu.c...2fb4da4ca3.html

and download location: http://edc.intel.com...re/Default.aspx

Edit 2: Mano could you maybe provide us your vbios, we could compare it if we dont get the intel bmp?

The problem: we don't have access.

maybe its possible to insert the patched vbios with chameleon or has that been tried?

Doesn't work, neither does patching the vbios at boottime work unfortunately.

i would try but i dont even know how to dump and even how to edit a vbios... maybe someone can explain that

It would be worth taking a look at the Intel BMP, but afaik it's only available for developers.

But even if we get full resolution to work, there is still no real acceleration available, and ci/qe is unstable at best.

i guess we're screwed. Ive been following this thread for a while as i was successfully able to install Lion on my Samsung q430 w/o QE/CI. My combo is the hd5700/nvidia 310m, now i just wish i could find a way to activate the nvidia card

adding in my two cents since I spent the last two days reading through various threads about the Intel GMA 5700 which so happens to be my card as well. Laptop is the Lenovo z360 with Intel 5700/Nvidia 310m Optimus combo. Manor's method works in so far that the card is recognized which is progress. Also if I connect an external monitor I have no problems getting the correct resolution. I have tracked this down due to the Rev ID. There seem to be two floating around. Mine is x0012 and from what I've seen on Manor's screenshots and one or two others that are lucky with the right resolution and all they have Rev ID x0002. I am no expert at this, I do rely on people way smarter than me to figure this out so I have no idea what exactly those number mean or do but they are the only difference I could find in all the posts.

Cheers!

Hey guys! I succesfully installed snow leopard 10.6.7 and i managed to enable partially QE/CI. There's a lot of distorsion lines when i use Finder or other application and also i get some KP when i put fullscreen in applications like iTunes (Cover Flow). So now, i have Lion (10.7.3, QE/CI:no, 1024x768), Snow Leopard (10.6.7, QE/CI:yes, 1024x768) and Windows 7. Awesome! :guitar:

Hey guys! I succesfully installed snow leopard 10.6.7 and i managed to enable partially QE/CI. There's a lot of distorsion lines when i use Finder or other application and also i get some KP when i put fullscreen in applications like iTunes (Cover Flow). So now, i have Lion (10.7.3, QE/CI:no, 1024x768), Snow Leopard (10.6.7, QE/CI:yes, 1024x768) and Windows 7. Awesome! :guitar:

Congrats, still no native resolution?

Congrats, still no native resolution?

Unfortunately, no. Tried also manor's kexts but when i boot to SL, i find a message that says: The Graphic card Power connector it's not connected, Shut down and connect it. :blink:

Unfortunately, no. Tried also manor's kexts but when i boot to SL, i find a message that says: The Graphic card Power connector it's not connected, Shut down and connect it. :blink:

There's no use without native resolution. I think we're out of luck this time. I'm gonna find another machine with similar hardware to macbook pro.