intel hd graphics cards success 10.8

nmano

182 posts in this topic

KEXTS LOADED: Geforce; NVDAGF100Hal; NVDAResman

KEXTS NOT LOADED: AppleIntelHDGraphics; AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB; Natit (but if i boot OS X in verbose mode i see: Natit: found ID 0046)

dont worry about intel hd kexts but natit have to lodded.

what about screen resoution?

dont worry about intel hd kexts but natit have to lodded.

what about screen resoution?

Only 1024x768. Tried to boot with flag: "Graphics Mode"="1366x768x32" and "Graphics Mode="1366x768x32@60" but doesn't work.

Only 1024x768. Tried to boot with flag: "Graphics Mode"="1366x768x32" and "Graphics Mode="1366x768x32@60" but doesn't work.

I have HM55 SONY.I thing asus/sony they are blocked your resolution.

I was ERase sony windows 7 and install retail windows( only microsoft os ) so boot with usb harddrive fomats internal.this might be help u.

So i have an HM55 from HP. And i haven't the original Windows 7 with HP. I installed, after Lion installation, Windows 7 Ultimate. With the Lion Installation, i formatted all the HDD and then, i created two partition: one for Lion and another for Windows 7 Ultimate. I don'tunderstand how HM55 blocks my resolution. :huh: :huh: :huh:

10.7 supported kexts

10.6 supported kexts

10.8 supported kexts

I tried 10.7 Kexts but not working: only a bit of acceleration. I noticed you have the resolution (1366x768x32) in chameleon boot loader. I have instead only the following resolutions: 1024x768x(32,16,8); 800x600x(32,16,8) and 640x480x(32,16,8). Maybe you used an EFI String or something that chameleon reads and then you have the resolution 1366x768x32!

I tried 10.7 Kexts but not working: only a bit of acceleration. I noticed you have the resolution (1366x768x32) in chameleon boot loader. I have instead only the following resolutions: 1024x768x(32,16,8); 800x600x(32,16,8) and 640x480x(32,16,8). Maybe you used an EFI String or something that chameleon reads and then you have the resolution 1366x768x32!

i can´t test it since im not at home, but you have options for resolutions???

Thats a huge sucess!

You have to add it in the chameleon bootloader...here is for example an tutorial how to change resolutions

http://www.osx86.net...der-basics.html

look near here:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1680x1050x32</string>

Manor has the 1366x768 in his video BIOS VESA table, thats why he get's native resolution. It doesn't involve any of the 10.6/7/8 kexts.

If you don't have the native resolution of your panel in your VESA table, there is currently no way to get native resolution. And there probably never will be...

Manor has the 1366x768 in his video BIOS VESA table, thats why he get's native resolution. It doesn't involve any of the 10.6/7/8 kexts.

If you don't have the native resolution of your panel in your VESA table, there is currently no way to get native resolution. And there probably never will be...

Yes, but why has he got the native resolution in the VESA table and we no? Maybe an EFI String, a module, a patch for Chameleon because it detect the native resolution not the Mac.

However with the new kexts installation i have done a little update:

Now in "PCI Cards" tab i can see this:

Intel HD Graphics:

Name: NVDA,Display-B

Type: Display Controller

Driver Installed: Yes

MSI: No

Bus: PCI

Slot: Built In

Vendor ID: 0x8086

Device ID: 0x0046

Subsystem Vendor ID: 0x103c

Subsystem ID: 0x143a

ROM Revision: 0x00

Revision ID: 0x0002

Anyway only 1024x768... @Manor: Suggestions?

EDIT:

NEW UPDATE!

Chameleon build 1900 (not yet released):

Go HERE and see! Our Intel ID is now supported by Chameleon!

• Like 1

EDIT:

NEW UPDATE!

Chameleon build 1900 (not yet released):

Go HERE and see! Our Intel ID is now supported by Chameleon!

i tried building chameleon from svn... GraphicsEnabler now seems to do something and with that i can load original 10.7.3 Intel HD kexts but the screen is completely messed up! 1366x768 graphics mode doesn't work at all, with 1280x800 i can see something but there is plenty of horizontal lines, with 1024x768 the screen is replicated 4 times and everything is scrambled.

i tried building chameleon from svn... GraphicsEnabler now seems to do something and with that i can load original 10.7.3 Intel HD kexts but the screen is completely messed up! 1366x768 graphics mode doesn't work at all, with 1280x800 i can see something but there is plenty of horizontal lines, with 1024x768 the screen is replicated 4 times and everything is scrambled.

would you mind sharing your bootfile?

From a quick inspection - the only difference from trunk version is that ID for IntelHDGraphics is added whose only benefit is to show right name of the card when bootloader is loaded. How did you draw any conclusion that something useful is done for intelhd?

oki

i never said that, i'm not a developer, i don't know what it's changed... but i can see that now intelgraphicshd.kext and intelgraphicshdfb.kext load without kp, so i think that something is happening.........