How to tell if QE/CI is working in Lion DP4 ?

zone3

14 posts in this topic

I like lion seems to be very stable on my Computer.. I was wondering if my video card is running the way it should be like QE/CI How can I tell if this card is fully working?

GeForce 9800 GT 512MB

Open Dashboard and add a widget, it should make a ripple effect (like waves). Or, open System Profiler and click on PCI Cards, and under your card, look for "Driver Installed".

Damn, then i guess my gtx 260 with EFI strings isnt working correctly. No ripple in dashboard and nothing in "pci cards"

even with chameleon graphics enabler i never saw the ripple effects... any advice???

Well I do have this:

GeForce 9800 GT:

Name: NVDA,Display-B

Type: Display Controller

Driver Installed: Yes

MSI: Yes

Bus: PCI

Slot: Slot-1

Vendor ID: 0x10de

Device ID: 0x0614

Subsystem Vendor ID: 0x1682

Subsystem ID: 0x0010

ROM Revision: 62.92.88.00.73

Revision ID: 0x00a2

Link Width: x16

Link Speed: 5.0 GT/s

------------

How ever I do not have the ripple effect under Dashboard, but maybe they have not added that yet in Lion? could someone have a look in DP4 thanks

Damn, then i guess my gtx 260 with EFI strings isnt working correctly. No ripple in dashboard and nothing in "pci cards"

even with chameleon graphics enabler i never saw the ripple effects... any advice???

I am on a 460 and I don't get a ripple effect in dashboard either. However, I get 29 fps in cinebench open gl test, so I am not sure if mine is enabled or not. Also, I can play TF2 for a little bit, but usually my card will freeze.

I do get the ripple effect with my 460 in DP4 (11A494a). Graphicsenabler=Yes. Chameleon build 1020.

GeForce GTX 460:

Name: NVDA,Display-B

Type: Display Controller

Driver Installed: Yes

MSI: Yes

Bus: PCI

Slot: Slot-1

Vendor ID: 0x10de

Device ID: 0x0e22

Subsystem Vendor ID: 0x10de

Subsystem ID: 0x0010

ROM Revision: 70.04.1C.00.01

Revision ID: 0x00a1

Link Width: x16

Link Speed: 2.5 GT/s

uncheck show dashboard as a space in mission control and you get the ripple effect

How is this done? I do not see any options in mission control to "uncheck show dashboard as a space"

dp4 it's system preferences > mission control, first box to check... in earlier dps it was still labeled as expose in system preferences...

Alright thank you, I now see the ripple effect... So I guess my card is working 100%

Thanks again :-)

uncheck show dashboard as a space in mission control and you get the ripple effect

Thanks for the tip. The only thing I ever use dashboard for is to check the status of my video card by looking for the ripple. haha.