• 2,509 posts
bahh no disk ? i make one. netinstall image :thumbsup_anim:

HBP112358

HBP112358

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
lol have non of you looked at the installer from the app store? all it has is an DMG and code to mount and activate the install process. no reason you can't make your own DVD from the DMG inside the 'installer' just option click and select view package contents...

XLR

XLR

2cores1cpu.mov

• Donators
  • 921 posts

lol have non of you looked at the installer from the app store? all it has is an DMG and code to mount and activate the install process. no reason you can't make your own DVD from the DMG inside the 'installer' just option click and select view package contents...

Posted Image

ZenGiga

ZenGiga

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

lol have non of you looked at the installer from the app store? all it has is an DMG

yeah, we know, read the rest of the thread :)

I think the issue is the app store. I just updated to 10.6.8, ran the app store app and on login got:
"No GUID is available. Contact Support for assistance"

And it wont let me in. Looks like apple are starting to get a bit more strenuous about checking for real macs.

And it wont let me in. Looks like apple are starting to get a bit more strenuous about checking for real macs.

Scratch that, looks like the GUID error is due to my pci network card.

Alessandro17

Alessandro17

Chief of Security

• Administrators
  • 8,346 posts

after nearly 20 years, and a journey through System 7 to OSX Snow Leopard I'm finally thinking of moving my main work machine off the mac :/

[Slightly OT] I am going the opposite direction. Linux is not too bad, but with KDE and Gnome getting less user friendly and less loved all the time (except of course by the "geek" minority), patchy hardware support and with a severe shortage of quality applications, it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. With other words, I lost confidence that open source developers can create a coherent, usable OS.
Windows has the most applications, but it has also more problems than I care to mention or to remember, a real nightmare which severely affects your productivity.
After 5 years as an hackintosher, I have finally bought a real Mac. I aim to make it my main computer.
IMO, OS X still offers the best overall user experience , even with its minor glitches (whether hack or Mac). [/OT]

User1608

User1608

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

[Slightly OT] I am going the opposite direction. Linux is not too bad, but with KDE and Gnome getting less user friendly and less loved all the time (except of course by the "geek" minority), patchy hardware support and with a severe shortage of quality applications, it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. With other words, I lost confidence that open source developers can create a coherent, usable OS.
Windows has the most applications, but it has also more problems than I care to mention or to remember, a real nightmare which severely affects your productivity.
After 5 years as an hackintosher, I have finally bought a real Mac. I aim to make it my main computer.
IMO, OS X still offers the best overall user experience , even with its minor glitches (whether hack or Mac). [/OT]

Exactly my opinion!
Wether I like the direction OS X goes now with Lion or not, it's still the best choice for me.
I started with a hackintosh and then got a MBP after some time. And now I also consider getting one of the new Minis in the near future, entirely switching to real Macs. It just proved to be the most reliable and beautiful OS for me, making it worth the money if I compare it to the almost 10 years of Windows usage (and a bit Linux here and there).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy