• Please log in to reply
613 replies to this topic

Prot

Prot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
I just bought a new Realtek 8169 card (Compusa)

I install boot up and have a connection. All of a sudden I get the Restart screen. I reboot and when I go back I have 9 PCI3 Slot Realtek cards and I cannot get connected once again. Is there a fix for this?

Thank you

Overdriven

Overdriven

Formerly Neospy; 2005 was fun.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
All linksys cards do not work <_< . but that is expected, as linksys is a PC only card manufacturer. Looks like I need to shell out on a Realtek card. Does anyone know if there are any Realtek's that support Ubuntu 5.04, windows, and OSX86? Cause networking is essential in Linux :rolleyes: .

neutralman

neutralman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
my Broadcom 57xx Onboard NIC does NOT WORK
I have Dell Optiplex GX280

please, if someone can remove that card from supported list, because IT DOES NOT WORK, and I have tried virtualy anything possible to make it work...

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,612 posts
  • Interests:Techie gadgets
SMC 1211TX is a Realtek 8139 Compatible Card, so Mac OS X recognize it as RTL8139

gordo

gordo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
My broadcom 57XX onboard does not work, interestingly it works fine under Darwin 8.0.1. When I boot in single user verbose mode it complains about not being able to get an interrupt

got it working by disabling plug'n'play OS in my bios - also fixed onboard ac97 sound.

wheels2040

wheels2040

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
I have tried the following cards with no success:

Cheapo PC Club Card - Realtek RTL8139D
3COM 3C905C-TXM - Broadcom 5904
3COM 3C90B-TX-NM - Lucent Chipset
Asanta Tech - DEC 21140-AE

I thought the Realtek and the 3COM's would just come up, but they dont. Maybe I am missing something.

asdffdsa

asdffdsa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
This sounds great, but I haven't got it working :P

Windows part all worked out, but how do I setup a Null Modem PPP connection in OSX? System Preferences / Network just shows a non-working 'Built in Ethernet', trying to add a ISP connection fails.

[quote name='Saturn49' date='Aug 17 2005, 08:43 PM']
VMWare works with a serial port / PPP connection. I used a demo of Virtual Serial Port Driver XP v5 to create a pair of serial ports. I bound one of them to Incoming Connections, no flow control, 115200. Allow directly connected users to connect without a password, give it a pair of IP addresses under TCP/IP config.

The other serial port I bound to the Virtual Machine. Within OSX select the Null Modem at 115200 as your modem, unselect compression and wait for dial tone. Under PPP Options, select use terminal window. Click Connect. When the terminal window appears, type in CLIENTCLIENT and hit enter (you won't see anything in the window as you type). The XP side should respond with CLIENTSERVER. Click connect. If all goes well you'll be connected via PPP.

Guide_Gnu

Guide_Gnu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
My Marvel Yukon 88E001/8003/8010 doesn't work.
And it's the same for my wirless card (Asus 802.11G)

opq

opq

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Marvell 88E8053 PCI-E gigabit ethernet controller DOES NOT WORK...

Found on the revised P4C800/P4P800 boards (with the -E suffix).

Fuzzlet

Fuzzlet

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Intel 82557 10/100 SHOULD work, but I have been unable to in all my efforts.

AgentOrange

AgentOrange

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
PCI 3Com 3C905C-TXM NIC (Broadcom 5904 chipset)

That's what I have, and they are quite common. Also, you may look into something with a "digital" chipset. I haven't tried my DLink (w/ digital chipset) in the OSx86 box yet, but it's a hybrid card that works in PCs and Apple hardware natively.

maltloaf

maltloaf

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
my broadcom 440x built into my inspiron 9100 laptop works fine right out of the box

hooozer

hooozer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Adaptec ANA6911A/TX - works in native mode

Mr. Bond

Mr. Bond

The man with the golden gun.

• Retired
  • 881 posts
I've written up a quick guide on the wiki on how I set up my network card using the Darwin Tulip kext. See here

rohde

rohde

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

I've written up a quick guide on the wiki on how I set up my network card using the Darwin Tulip kext. See here

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately it didn't work with my VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter <_<

CapAmerica

CapAmerica

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cool thanks that worked... well at least with one on my Network cards =P

It worked great with my Linksys LNE100TX card.

But it didn't work with the NVidia nForce Network built into my motherboard and it didn't work with my Belkin Wireless G Network Card.

Also it seem to have broken Safari, It uses to start before I added Tulip but now it won't. =/

Sykaryce

Sykaryce

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Accton EN1017 works...however..with weird problems....i can like numerous PCI Ethernet detected and a built-in ethernet option in networks lol...

thesleeper

thesleeper

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I got some erros of file not found in the installation is that normal?

arthurz

arthurz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
My marvell yukon 88E8001/8003/800 PCI Gigabit Ethernet Controller (on Asus P4P800 SE) doesn't work :D

AutoStatic

AutoStatic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

my Broadcom 57xx Onboard NIC does NOT WORK
I have Dell Optiplex GX280

please, if someone can remove that card from supported list, because IT DOES NOT WORK, and I have tried virtualy anything possible to make it work...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Same setup here and the same problem. Tried the Tulip kext also, to no avail.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy