maxey, on 14 March 2012 - 11:43 AM, said:
Well i just restored the iAtkos Image to it. I think i used Mac OS extended journaled for formatting the USB. I didnt install Chimera on it. Thought the IAtkos itself should have chameleon pre installed? (Thats how i can boot from DVD i guessed) Something else i found : A Program called "Champlist" . It is somehow related to chameleon but tells me "Boot cannot be read! It may be damaged or has root:wheel permissions." Could that be the reason for my boot problems?
That's the way I did it too... And yes, Chimera/Chameleon is already installed on the DVD... If chimera is installed, it's normal you get a "boot damaged" with Champlist...
But just to be sure, wouldn't you try to install Chameleon on it once it's been restored.
And maybe, before restoring the dvd to your USB stick, make sure that it's MBR table.
- Open Disk Utility and select the USB stick (not the partition, but the stick itself, with the commercial name of the stick : 8Go Rainbow Lite Intenso
or something like this)
- Click the Partition tab on the right column and select "one partition" then "settings" and there set MBR table and not GUID)
- It will ask you to erase the volume, click yes
- Restore iAtkos L1/L2 to your stick and try booting from it
- If you can't, then try installing Chimera or Chameleon on the stick and retry
- If doesn't work, I really don't know
I suppose you use iAtkos L2? Because I gave it a try about now and I get the same "No Operation System found" message as you get... I read somewhere that someone fixed this issue by installing Chimera 1.6.0 on the freshly restored USB drive... Didn't try it for now but in a few minutes, I'll give it a try and let you know
With iAtkos L1 : No problem on USB key...! Weird
Edited by Rockball73, 14 March 2012 - 07:29 PM.