[Guide] Dell XPS 15 L502X (Early 2011) Snow Leopard Install (possibly L702x too)

wen1

3,030 posts in this topic

Same scenario as with the rest of the Audio kexts... sound is just skipping. I've diff the 2 DSDT... i see differences in HPET and CRS method, does those modifications affect sound?

OKay, i'll port them to my own DSDT and see what happens.

It's clover's fault!, somehow it messes with the audio. On chameleon sound is working perfectly, with irq or without.

Any type of CPU settings in Clover's config.plist breaks sound. In case someone encounters the same problem :)

Edited by DoiX

@Ahmed, make sure it's plugged in the USB2 port and that you have drivers installed. Although USB peripherals are natively supported as far as i know.

• Like 1

I believe i replied to this exact question from you a while back. Patch the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

The other is benign.

help after update lion 10.7.0 to 10.7.4

system freeze and black screen

please help

Ok your last two posts could be answered if you read the thread.

You cannot currently enable the nvidia card.

The black screen/crash after 10.7.4 is probably down to how you updated - did you use the combo update and update your Kexts before reboot- if not you need to do that I think it's mainly the aicpupm but you can always drop nullcpupowermanagement in to get you back running

how install Mountain lion GM on mylaptop

Hey! Why not check the mountain lion 10.8 installation forum!

If you can get the GM you follow the guides there - Only install from *beast* the following kexts for install:- Nullcpupowermanagemnt and FakeSMC - you may also install PS2 keyboard mouse kext at this point.

Once mountain lion gets released...ie on/after the 25th July I'm sure more guides will show up.

I'm looking for people interested in testing a new Rescue/Boot Image. OS Version required would be any Snow Leopard, and Lion above 10.7 except 10.7.4 (i have it installed)

Hello, I am a new user here. I own an l502x (and a macbook air 11, and will buy an ivy bridge hackintosh soon), I tried the guide at page 6 but I've got bad results. If I want to try again what are the correct steps? Is that the most updated guide or there is a simpler-shorter way?

Hello, I am a new user here. I own an l502x (and a macbook air 11, and will buy an ivy bridge hackintosh soon), I tried the guide at page 6 but I've got bad results. If I want to try again what are the correct steps? Is that the most updated guide or there is a simpler-shorter way?

Welcome! A few things have moved on but the guide on page six gets updated frequently, and is the best start point. Can you define bad results? Do you get the installer to boot? What errors etc then we can help you!

Hi, thank you for the answer, I've got mostly problems with usb3 (but I read in last pages it is common and non-fixable), no battery status indication, then I don't remember cause I tried about a month ago, but if you say page 6 guide is OK I can try again tonight. What about installing 10.7.4 directly? is iatkos l2 ok for this computer?

thank you!

Hi, I am trying again.

iatkos l2 installs fine, but to get it booting I have to boot in terminal and delete AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext

then I run doix's package but when I install anything (tried only fullhd display support and nothing else) I get this on boot

Unable to find driver for this platform: "ACPI"

any advice?

thanks

Hmm, I used aitkos l1, selected options from the guide, use the lion battery.zip in this thread (search for it it's there somewhere) and all is good. I'm not sure what the error is... I always get told then forget it lol

I think that kext is needed for accelerated graphics... Not too sure never had to remove it myself.

USB 3 is hit and miss, with the Kexts in the pack it works ok for a while then seems to stop, never looked into it properly. Might be worth going straight to mountain lion anyway if you have access to a mac to build an install USB...

hi, I reinstalled osx about 5 or 6 times and I found the offending package! If I load battery kext my installation breaks with message

Unable to find driver for platform: "ACPI"

any idea? battery indicator is the only thing missing now. I am running 10.7.4 of course :)

I've stated in the past 2 pages that for some reason, installing battery kexts from my package, breaks the whole install and to avoid such hassle, it's better to manually install it.

As for the "why it does that" i don't know. The standalone script is fully working, so it must be something from the .pkg tool from Apple. I'm waiting for the new version from ML to release the next version.

Hello, sorry I read the last few pages but I missed that. Maybe if you edit your page 6 guide someone will not reinstall osx 6 times like I did, I couldn't give up :D

huge thanks to you, osx on this laptop is awesome!!!

where can I find battery kexts to install with kext wizard?

thanks again!!

another problem: on youtube, with chrome, I get audio from videos about 1 time every 5. any advice?

If you look a ways back, might be easier to search my posts, I uploaded my battery kext I used.

I believe it was the lion_battery.kext, I can upload it when I get home if you can't find it. It may be the same kext included in the installer, just like Doix said manually install it with kext wizard. Worked fine for me.

thank you. I have found another problem: home and end keys are not working correcly (they scroll the page instead of reaching top and bottom of current line). what's the easiest way to change this behiavour?

thanks guys :)

also what's the best bios for use with osx? sleep is not working, should I get A06?

and how do I get good screen colors (they look "washed") and full brightness?

I solved wifi issue with an atheros card I had but now I'm without bluetooth, do you solve this with a small usb bluetooth key or do you use one antenna for intel card and one for atheros/broadcom?