Lion installation via USB stick using Chameleon

MaLd0n

1,466 posts in this topic

Added generate P & C states to com.apple.boot.plist no difference

Added PCI root to com.apple.boot.plist still no difference

Added GraphicEnabler and Graphic mode to com.apple.boot.plist still no difference

Anyone got any suggestions?

I had to add FameSMC into /e/e and the it all seems to fall into place. I goes I was assuming incorrectly thet was already in the kextcahce

hi MaLd0n

The USB Installer works great and Lion is running well on my desktop, however i cannot get it going on my laptop, it starts allright, goes through a bunch of stuff and after DSMOS arrived, near the end (i guess it should start the installer GUI) it hangs on this line twice: nstat_lookup_entry failed: 2. any help with this error?

i have the same issue

i did some digging, bootcache.playlist is generatedon boot, so the kext might be the problem i will replace it and tell you what happened, if that's not the case the bootcache should be the same it differs just if it's a 32 bit or a 64 bit one, so someone who did boot and install look in your pendrive and post the BootCache.playlist for us just say what it is 32 or 64 bit, i am now searching for a way to manually create it during single mode.

More feed back after i try replacing the kext

LE: you can find it in /var/db/ on the pendrive

that did not work maybe it's the pendrive's fault the bootcache is not activated the kext is not working

Trying to install Extra Lion DP4 on the USB stick partition gives me the note: Extra Lion DP4 can't be installed on this disk. You can only install this software on the disk that is running Mac OS X.

WTF? Chameleon installed w/o problems.

Trying to install Extra Lion DP4 on the USB stick partition gives me the note: Extra Lion DP4 can't be installed on this disk. You can only install this software on the disk that is running Mac OS X.

WTF? Chameleon installed w/o problems.

eject USB stick or reboot

this should work

Has anyone successfully installed Lion onto an ASUS Maximus/Rampage Formula? I can install Lion without problems and keep booting it from the USB Drive, but the system refuses to boot on its own. It shows the apple logo for a split second, then the screen sort of artifacts and restarts instantly. Verbose mode is useless because I can't even determine where the problem lies. AFAIK it has to do with the DSDT, but my old one (which worked perfectly under SL) doesn't fix the problem, and the one that the DSDT Autopatcher gives me (using the "generic" profile) doesn't either. Any help?

My 5770 ATI HD card not fully working. Got resolution and animations to launchpad look ok but no ripples on widgets..

Please help.

XFX ATIHD 5770 1GB

My 5770 ATI HD card not fully working. Got resolution and animations to launchpad look ok but no ripples on widgets..

Please help.

XFX ATIHD 5770 1GB

Hi MaLd0n,

I would like to ask you .. about the Sleep in Lion .. You made DSDT for me (ASRock Wolfdale 1333 Glan/M) and it works superb in SL and Lion.. I have Sleep in SL, but haven`t in Lion .. Is it from DSDT, to need new edits,.. or something else. :)

Hi MaLd0n,

I would like to ask you .. about the Sleep in Lion .. You made DSDT for me (ASRock Wolfdale 1333 Glan/M) and it works superb in SL and Lion.. I have Sleep in SL, but haven`t in Lion .. Is it from DSDT, to need new edits,.. or something else. :)

same DSDT in Lion/Snow

What happens to sleep?

same DSDT in Lion/Snow

What happens to sleep?

Yes .. I have SL and Lion to another partition .. I use same DSDT in EFI Partition .. for both .. and this is only diference ..(Sleep).

In Lion when I press "Sleep" .. the monitor is going OFF .. but the fans continue to spin .. and I cant do anything then turn off the PC form ShutDown botton on the Case .. :)

In SL .. dont have any problems with anything ..

Yes .. I have SL and Lion to another partition .. I use same DSDT in EFI Partition .. for both .. and this is only diference ..(Sleep).

In Lion when I press "Sleep" .. the monitor is going OFF .. but the fans continue to spin .. and I cant do anything then turn off the PC form ShutDown botton on the Case .. :)

In SL .. dont have any problems with anything ..

send me kextstat in Lion

I have 2 problems when I'm trying to install Lion with this guide: when i'm trying to type any flag (-v, -f - doesn't matter) it just reboots in 2 seconds. Without typing flags it just stucks at this picture. Please help. (Acer Aspire 4720z, 10.6.6 installed)

post-817522-1308466839_thumb.jpg

NullCPUPowerManagement???

I`ll try without it ..

But its not like SL .. In SL i dont need NullCPU .., but in Lion if dont use it .. my temperatures are over 45 degrees .. for each component .. CPU, VGA, Chipset...

I`ll post the result of removing the kext..

NullCPUPowerManagement???

Works like charm without it .. -_-;)

Now I have to find .. why the temperatures are so higher without NullCPU in Lion .. In SL without NullCPU are normal..

PP: After wake up in Lion -> Graphics (HD4670) OpenGL fps drop from 21 to 8.. After restart .. immediately reset bios :D .. This just in Lion.

Trying several methods to get DP4 on a Gigabyte Z68 board. Keep coming up with network not working. See attached screenshot for error message saying that "Ethernet unrecognized." I've used both Tseug and MaldOn's methods and both giving same situation. I'm using a DSDT from TonyMac for my specific board. I can boot into the OS, but aside from that not much else seems to be working - No Sound, No Networking, etc. My config:

DP4

Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 with F3 Bios update

Core i7-2600k

Corsair 8GB RAM

Intel 3000HD on board memory (will add discrete gfx later once I get this stable)

I've tried using Lnx2's separate installer for the latest 0.67+ which I had read might be needed to recognize the latest Realtek ethernet on this board. Any other ideas?

Dave

post-414561-1308511061_thumb.jpg