Supported Graphics cards with Full QE/QI

kludgedean

253 posts in this topic

4650 vga/dvi/tv 1gb sapphire works, qe/ci ok. second monitor active without a real monitor connected :( . 4890 works, but no qe/ci (need binpatched atiR_X2000 by netkas).

PNY GeForce 9400 GT 512MB works fine at full 1080p HD resolution (DVI -> HDMI - using GraphicsEnabler=yes or NVEnabler64.kext), videos play fine in QuickTime and via iTunes but iTunes trailers won't play at all (they did with DP2). You get the sound but no video. Patched DSDT for 9400 GT 512 not working.

ASUS GeForce 210 Silent 512MB works OOB. No injector/enabler, no GraphicsEnabler=xxx, no DSDT. Just works.

Edit: you might need GraphicsEnabler. It's weird. Chameleon RC5 903 needs GraphicsEnabler=yes, but RC5 846 (I think) that I have on my Snow Leopard 10.6.7 HDD doesn't.

Anyway, try it without GraphicsEnabler, if it works, great! If it doesn't just add GraphicsEnabler=Yes to com.apple.boot.plist.

post-238230-1306616230_thumb.png

Has anyone gotten the GTX 460 working with NVEnabler? I've got it working with ATY_Init, but it shows up as a generic 512MB geforce. If I try to boot in any way without the ATY_Init, with or without NVEnabler, the system hangs on boot at "PCI Configuration Begin".

• Like 1

GeForce GTS 450:

Modelo de chipset: GeForce GTS 450

Tipo: GPU

Bus: PCIe

Ranura: Slot-1

Anchura de canal PCIe: x16

VRAM (total): 1024 MB

Fabricante: NVIDIA (0x10de)

ID del dispositivo: 0x0dc4

ID de la revisión: 0x00a1

Revisión de la ROM: 70.06.1F.00.01

all good, not freezes.

plays games, video, all good, I'm happy in snow not good working.

only use graphics enabler.

Evga GTX 460 SE works, sort of. Full resolution but no QE/CI.

Performance is pretty bad, only scores 5fps in cinebench.

Has anyone gotten the GTX 460 working with NVEnabler? I've got it working with ATY_Init, but it shows up as a generic 512MB geforce. If I try to boot in any way without the ATY_Init, with or without NVEnabler, the system hangs on boot at "PCI Configuration Begin".

Got my 460 working without ATY_init and nvenabler, using Graphicsenabler=y ,DSDT ,viderom (extracted from windows) and device id in nvdagf100hal.

For Pci configuration begin see here

1. Sapphire ATI Radeon 6870 Vapor-X: both DVI and MDP ports work but DVD application crashes “unexpectedly”.

2. Sapphire ATI Radeon 5870 Vapor-X: DVI ports work but ACD 27" attached to DP goes black after the boot-up sequence. (The same DP + ACD 27" combination work fine with SL 10.6.7.)

3. Genuine Apple ATI Radeon 5870 - works OOB - no issues, apart from being twice as expensive and more noisy than any Sapphire video card!

4. EVGA GTX 285 works (GraphicsEnabler=Yes)

Update June 5, 2011:

After extensive testing I've done turns out that Sapphire ATI Radeon 5870 Vapor-X and XFX 5770 - Single slot HD-577X-ZMF3 are working fine including MDP as long as you don't use Apple Cinema Display 27" with them.

For more details see: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=258514

Edited by Crna Brada

works just fine here on dp2 update 2

(system profiler reports HD5000 but everything seems right performance wise)

Have you tried mini display port on your XFX 5770?

I tried that last night on an already functional DP3 with Sapphire 6870 without a success! When I put 5770 instead of 6870 and attach Apple monitor to MDP only one resolution (something around 1000 x 780) is offered.

5770 use to work with the same HW setup under SL 10.6.6. But it doesn't work now with SL 10.6.8?!

I use the latest version of Chimera boot loader. Tried with or without GraphicsEnabler=Yes, AtiConfig=Vervet (Uakari, and couple of more) but always exactly the same outcome: 1000 x 780 resolution in Lion DP3 and black screen in SL 10.6.8.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Have you tried mini display port on your XFX 5770?

I tried that last night on an already functional DP3 with Sapphire 6870 without a success! When I put 5770 instead of 6870 and attach Apple monitor to MDP only one resolution (something around 1000 x 780) is offered.

5770 use to work with the same HW setup under SL 10.6.6. But it doesn't work now with SL 10.6.8?!

I use the latest version of Chimera boot loader. Tried with or without GraphicsEnabler=Yes, AtiConfig=Vervet (Uakari, and couple of more) but always exactly the same outcome: 1000 x 780 resolution in Lion DP3 and black screen in SL 10.6.8.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks

yea, the minidisplay port is working fine - however I was unable to run 3 screens at the same time I guess a bit of editing is necessary in that case.

yea, the minidisplay port is working fine - however I was unable to run 3 screens at the same time I guess a bit of editing is necessary in that case.

A: Thank you for the encouragement! I've almost given up on the card I like very much and started preparations to sell it.

Could you please give me more details of how you configured it and which boot loader etc you are using.

From that I might get a clue what I am doing wrong.

A: Thank you for the encouragement! I've almost given up on the card I like very much and started preparations to sell it.

Could you please give me more details of how you configured it and which boot loader etc you are using.

From that I might get a clue what I am doing wrong.

Hi, I am just using the native drivers - nothing else. (I also use the Lion Ati Drivers in Snow Leopard)

DVD Player also crashes for me but I couldnt care less at them moment (almost never used it) - I think you need to use Graphics Enabler + a different Framebuffer to make the dvd player app work.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=9000 Have a look there regarding your Display.

Man, I would love one of those 27" Displays :(

P.s I use the latest Chameleon with Lion support

Hi, I am just using the native drivers - nothing else. (I also use the Lion Ati Drivers in Snow Leopard)

DVD Player also crashes for me but I couldnt care less at them moment (almost never used it) - I think you need to use Graphics Enabler + a different Framebuffer to make the dvd player app work.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=9000 Have a look there regarding your Display.

Man, I would love one of those 27" Displays ;)

P.s I use the latest Chameleon with Lion support

A: Thanks for your help.

The way you set up 5770 is exactly the same how I get it to work with ACD 27" under SL 10.6.7: plug them in, and everything works beautifully OOB!

But there is something strange happening with XFX 5770 + ACD 27" combination after the latest Mac OSX development.

All over the sudden, with the introduction of SL 10.6.8 and Lion, ACD goes black after completing the boot and startup session in SL 10.6.8. Or it comes with the default 1000x768 resolution only in Lion after reporting error that it couldn't load ATI5000Controler kext - link failed due to a number of unresolved linking symbols (__ZN12ATIControler... etc).

Standard DVI Samsung monitor works both through DVI port or through MDP and MDP->DVI passive adapter under 10.6.8 but lack of ATI5000Controler kext causes that even Samsung DVI monitor works only with 1000x768 resolution in Lion.

I have very similar experience with Sapphire 5870 Vapor-X, ACD goes black after the start-up while Samsung DVI monitor works just fine under both 10.6.8 and Lion.

And finally, to make things even more interesting, Genuine Apple 5870 video card and Sapphire 6870 work with ACD beautifully under any SL and Lion DP version - all the tests mentioned above are done with the same Hackintosh HW. Additionally, all these combinations work perfectly well under Windows 7 - dual boot on the same Hackintosh HW.

I have to figure out what to do next to understand if I am making a systematic error with XFX 5770 and ACD or Apple has a problem too. Is there a way to somehow debug this step by step?

Regards,

Thank you also for the link at TonyMacOsx86 forum but those guys are struggling with the issues I faced some 9 months ago and resolved for SL up to 10.6.7.

And yes, ACD 27" is a beautiful piece of work - almost a piece of art. I bought it with MacBook Air 11" but then started using it with my Hackintosh. User experience with Magic Trackpad and Apple keyboard is like working on a monster iMac while being faster that most of Mac Pros (i7 990X Extreme, 24 GB Corsair Dominator 2000 MHz RAM, 3 OCZ Vertex 2 in RAID 0 involved too.)

Update June 5, 2011:

After extensive testing I've done turns out that Sapphire ATI Radeon 5870 Vapor-X and XFX 5770 - Single slot HD-577X-ZMF3 are working fine including MDP as long as you don't use Apple Cinema Display 27" with them! :)

For more details see: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=258514

And yes, ACD 27" is a beautiful piece of work - almost a piece of art. I bought it with MacBook Air 11" but then started using it with my Hackintosh. User experience with Magic Trackpad and Apple keyboard is like working on a monster iMac while being faster that most of Mac Pros (i7 990X Extreme, 24 GB Corsair Dominator 2000 MHz RAM, 3 OCZ Vertex 2 in RAID 0 involved too.)

Sounds awesome - I bought the XFX with minidisplayport with Cinema Display support in mind - would be great to use it with both my MBP and Hack(which I can always upgrade etc.. you know the deal)

So I guess you have already seen this:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=237686

If you finally figure it out - hit me back! :)

GeForce GTS 450:

Modelo de chipset: GeForce GTS 450

Tipo: GPU

Bus: PCIe

Ranura: Slot-1

Anchura de canal PCIe: x16

VRAM (total): 1024 MB

Fabricante: NVIDIA (0x10de)

ID del dispositivo: 0x0dc4

ID de la revisión: 0x00a1

Revisión de la ROM: 70.06.1F.00.01

all good, not freezes.

plays games, video, all good, I'm happy in snow not good working.

only use graphics enabler.

Just what I wanted to know.. thanks. ;)

GTX 480 out of the box including dual display with Lion OS X update 3. Check the net on how to enable OpenCL.

Cuda working perfectly (the latest Cuda for OS X release)