[Guide] Installing Apple Bluetooth Module in your Hackintosh

Swhay

106 posts in this topic

Snow Leopard DVD, Drivers-Apple-x64-AppleBluetoothInstaller64.exe when adding bluetooth device right click on keyboard and select "install HID drivers" it pairs right up and works in Windows7x64, with usb keyboard disconnected it works at Chameleon boot menu to select OS or other boot options no luck at BIOS level yet, will keep reading and experimenting

A1114 Works great in Lion but I can't get it to work in Windows 7 64. I installed Apple Bluetooth Driver from Boot Camp and Apple Bluetooth Built In shows up as a device and sees my keyboard but won't connect to it. I see that others have had success and wonder what I'm missing? Thanks to everyone for the info that got me this far.

Pair the devices with Windows side first. If you've already done pairing with Mac, remove all devices in Bluetooth prefpane.

Then go into Windows and you would make it good.

Remember that you may need to turn the power supply of the devices off once when you boot Windows.

I also use the BCM92046MD hack and everything works like a charm at BIOS level or Chameleon boot menu or the crossing between Mac and Windows.

sorry for my poor English. Good luck :thumbsup_anim:

• 1 month later...

Pair the devices with Windows side first. If you've already done pairing with Mac, remove all devices in Bluetooth prefpane.

Then go into Windows and you would make it good.

Remember that you may need to turn the power supply of the devices off once when you boot Windows.

I also use the BCM92046MD hack and everything works like a charm at BIOS level or Chameleon boot menu or the crossing between Mac and Windows.

sorry for my poor English. Good luck :thumbsup_anim:

Hello, I also have the A1114 working in everything except windows 7 64bit. How did you install the drivers from bootcamp i would very much like to try that out. Also on a side note was anybody able to access the bios and/or bootloader with this bluetooth chip ? I am under the impression the BCM92046MD is supposedly working but not the A1114 is this true?

Hi, I am using the a1114 modul everything is nice. Wake up from sleeping, gestures with the MagicMouse etc. but can't use it in Chameleon. So I looked for a BCM92046MD (a1181) but I didn't find one on eBay or so. Just find a modul from Dell with the

BCM92046MD chip, would this work nativly in Lion? Could anyone tested one?

Do you (20S7737) use an a1181 Apple Bluetooth Modul?

Thanks in advanced.

soma

• 5 weeks later...

I read this with great interest since my cheap Rocketfish BT dongle up and quit while attached to my Hackintosh. I had thought the Bluetooth support in OS X 10.7.4 was a no-brainer because the first time I stuck the dongle into a USB port, bluetooth configured itself in no time and without any special kext driver loading that I could see. I really have no clue as to why it stopped working.

Just for giggles, I booted up Win7 Pro for the first time in a couple of months and sure enough the BT dongle LED did not light up in Windows either. However I downloaded and installed the Rocketfish Windows driver for the device and it came alive. I did not try to pair up with my Magic Trackpad in Windows but made sure the settings were on for pairing.

On reboot to OS X, the dongle LED was lit and my Magic Track Pad paired up just fine. I'm only guessing, but it seems that the Windows driver update did something at a firmware level for the device and that is why it works again on the Hackintosh.

System information now has this in it: http://d.pr/i/R4gT

BCM2046B1

Composite Device

Rocketfish Bluetooth Adapter

If this turns out to be a recurring problem, this thread at least points what I hope is a more permanent solution.

I used a BT module from a 2008 Macbook Pro which had the wire harness configuration like iStigPL on post #33 and can confirm his wiring configuration for the different color wires. I merely wired mine to an extra USB cable and plug it into an external port on my tower. It's been a couple days now and it's working much better than the IOGear USB GBU421 I had been using, it's paired with a Magic Trackpad, an Apple keyboard and even the cheaper ProHT mini keyboard from Inland (like the Apple keyboard but in a nice black) that I'm typing on now quickly and no signal drops so far. I was having many problems with the IOGear dongle which had been perfectly stable up till Lion 7.3. Sorry - no iPhone or iPad to try pairing it with for those of you with those issues.

This picture shows it assembled with the correct wire sequence before I put a big band of shrink tubing on it.

AppleBT.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi peeps, Everything works 100% perfect.

However, when I bought the usb header cable ( a 9 pin one) All the colours / colors were different / wrong (added for google keyword search terms) to the ones listed in the instructions. So I found an internet page that lists the pin assignment for the header cable and could work out what went where, using this page:

http://www.frontx.com/cpx108_2.html

Cheers. Thank you for awesome instructions. My hackintosh bluetooth module is awesome ! And wakes from sleep as others have said.

• 4 weeks later...

I made one exactly like the one pictured two post above me and I can pair my trackpad, shows enable bluetooth device to wake the computer.

However when I wake up the computer using Trackpad or bluetooth, all my USB port is dead after wake including bluetooth. When I wake the computer using USB mouse or wireless keyboard (logitech diNovo-USB wireless), every port is back including bluetooth. Bluetooth is greyed out at first after wake for about 2 second, then comes back, then pairs with trackpad.

Does the Apple Bluetooth module has to be connected directly to board using USB pins, not USB connector?

• 4 weeks later...

If you have the driver for bluetooth installed in windows it switches your adapter to HCI mode and breaks tge native RF-like pairing thosr keyboard stops working at bios level .... until you completely cut power to your PC, which will reinitiate the adapter in HID mode and allow you to regain this functionality.<br />

My setup is Mountain Lion only, there's no Linux or Windows on the box at all. The system will wake on Bluetooth and it works perfectly once booted, but the keyboard will only randomly work in the BIOS, but there's no perceivable pattern to it. I have the A1181 wired to one arm of a 9 pin USB header (with a 5V->3.3V step down board in-line).

Hi,

I did this mod, using:

- an apple bluetooth module (for macbook 13" core duo)

- an audio usb 4 pins connector supplied with motherboard (gigabyte)

- a 3,3v dc convertor like this one:ld1117 series

- soldering iron...

Here is the result, working perfectly with magic mouse and keyboard:

dsc00334v.jpg

dsc00341cr.jpg

dsc00338hm.jpg

sanstitrezdz.png

I now need to insulate my wires :)

I highly advise you check your mobo manual to see how your usb is wired.

Bluetooth not waking up is fixed by patching my DSDT.

BTY, apple BT mod is well worth is as now I can wake my computer using mouse, trackpad, keyboard, whatever.

can you use the bluetooth keyboard on bios?

If you have a motherboard that uses UEFI type bios (eg: gigabyte H61M-DS2 rev 2.2), YES :), you just have to strike F12 key and enter setup.

You can not do that (I tried) with a bluetooth dongle (e.g.: TARGUS), so this is an other good reason to go for this mod.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone been able to get this hack to work at POST, so either to bring up the BIOS or enter the settings option in the bootloader (I don't believe this is a key press issue for me since chameleon will repond to any key press, not just f12)? My Apple BT Aluminum Keyboard works great in OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2) and Windows 7, but in the pre-boot environment I am forced to use a wired USB keyboard to enter the bios or change boot options in Chameleon. I'm curious if anyone has overcome this challenge.

Also, with regards to Error 10 in the Device Manager in windows, install the Apple bluetooth driver or updating the driver via the "Update Driver" button under the device properties tab will fix the issue.

------------------------------------

Mother Board: P8Z68-V Pro

Processor: i7

Custom DSDT: Yes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks a lot for your guide. I haven't tried any bluetooth devices yet, but it seems to work (bluetooth shows up etc)

I used the following items from the German ebay:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/380466264357?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

http://www.ebay.de/itm/221164732285?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_1362wt_1141

• 2 weeks later...

Why are all using this overpriced DC/DC Converters? If i'm right 2 Zener Diodes would do the same cheaper, smaller, with an smaller power consumption and better (for example 1N4728A, on ebay they cost 3€ including worldwide shipping for 50pcs...) because it prevents the Bluetooth Controller from the 5 Volt D+ Signal...

eBay is always your best bet for this king of things, tere are plenty of 820-1829-A modules for as cheap as 8$ including the cable and antennae... not sure how you ended up with a bare module.

I know, I got it from there and now I want to buy a cable for it, but I'm not sure which one is compatible. There are several cables for Apple Bluetooth modules in eBay.