• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

cj737271

cj737271

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
For anyone interested, these are available on ebay in a pre-assembled package, all you have to do is plug it in. The antenna is even included

Ebay Listing

Attached Files

• Attached File  web.jpg   139.58KB   146 downloads

LSchlitz

LSchlitz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

No one? any suggenstion?

My answer is unfortunately a little late, but I had exactly the same problem before…

In my case the problem appeared when using two diodes as power supply.
With two diodes it is impossible do get 3,3V constantly and the bluetooth module is not working properly. When I replaced the diodes with a constant 3.3 V power supply LD1117V33 for 1€ the problem was solved and the bluetooth modul was working as it should :)

KidCastro

KidCastro

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

For anyone interested, these are available on ebay in a pre-assembled package, all you have to do is plug it in. The antenna is even included

Ebay Listing

Hey, can you ship to Sydney Australia? please.

bcotnam

bcotnam

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Yes, same Gigabyte board. Module model sold for an A1181
but on chip is signed as model A1114, don't know the difference.
The module is connected to head usb on motherboard and wake reason is UHC2.
my Log:
Wake reason: UHC2
Oct 24 19:03:03 my-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: The USB device WirelessControllerDevice (Port 2 of Hub at 0x3d000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)
Oct 24 19:03:03 my-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: EIR is not supported.
Oct 24 19:03:04 my-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController]WARNING !!!! [DeviceRequestCompleteHandler] error e00002ed -- kIOReturnNotResponding
Oct 24 19:03:04 my-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController][BulkInReadHandler] Received kIOReturnNotResponding error - retrying: 1.
Oct 24 19:03:04 my-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: [ClearFeatureBulkEndpointHalt] DeviceRequest failed 0xE00002ED.
Oct 24 19:03:04 my-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: [AppleUSBHCIController][ClearFeatureInterruptEndpointHalt] - ClearPipeStall returned e00002ed
Oct 24 19:03:08 my-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: [[0xffffff8015a49000] OpCode 0x0C01 from: kernel_task (0) status: 0x00 state: 2 timeout: 5000] Bluetooth warning: An HCI Req timeout occurred.

Anyway i don't have trackpad. Wake from magic mouse or aluminum keyb gave me the error you are reporting too. After wake Mouse and Keyb does not respond till restart.
Can you post you dsdt and bios setting? i'm on bios ver f11.... if i could wake right for keyb and mouse it would be a good think!! :D
Is there anyone who can give a good tips?
Thanks.

I am having the same problems as described above. When i wake from sleep using bt keyboard or mouse computer wakes, but bluetooth is unresponsive. It requires a reboot for bt to function properly.

I get similar error codes from kernel as above. I have the same setup as in this guide using a converter and plugged into usb bus on motherboard.

Any suggestions?? everything else works, but wake from sleep..

faithie999

faithie999

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
i did the mod. BT works fine with apple keyboard and trackpad, but when i put it to sleep, it powers down for just a fraction of a second, then wakes back up. it is like one of the BT devices is sending a wakeup signal as soon as sleep starts. any ideas?
thanks

JamesLittler

JamesLittler

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

i did the mod. BT works fine with apple keyboard and trackpad, but when i put it to sleep, it powers down for just a fraction of a second, then wakes back up. it is like one of the BT devices is sending a wakeup signal as soon as sleep starts. any ideas?
thanks

What is the wake reason in console?

junk900

junk900

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Pre-built OEM Apple Bluetooth Modules Get em Here!!!

Ships Worldwide!!!

http://www.ebay.com/...=1&_from=&_ipg=

th3r3turn

th3r3turn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Ebay Listing

Dam it, they dont ship to New Zealand!!!

7stinkycats

7stinkycats

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
A1114 Works great in Lion but I can't get it to work in Windows 7 64. I installed Apple Bluetooth Driver from Boot Camp and Apple Bluetooth Built In shows up as a device and sees my keyboard but won't connect to it. I see that others have had success and wonder what I'm missing? Thanks to everyone for the info that got me this far.

DrBones

DrBones

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hello, I also have the A1114 working in everything except windows 7 64bit. How did you install the drivers from bootcamp i would very much like to try that out. Also on a side note was anybody able to access the bios and/or bootloader with this bluetooth chip ? I am under the impression the BCM92046MD is supposedly working but not the A1114 is this true?

7stinkycats

7stinkycats

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Snow Leopard DVD, Drivers-Apple-x64-AppleBluetoothInstaller64.exe when adding bluetooth device right click on keyboard and select "install HID drivers" it pairs right up and works in Windows7x64, with usb keyboard disconnected it works at Chameleon boot menu to select OS or other boot options no luck at BIOS level yet, will keep reading and experimenting

20S7737

20S7737

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

A1114 Works great in Lion but I can't get it to work in Windows 7 64. I installed Apple Bluetooth Driver from Boot Camp and Apple Bluetooth Built In shows up as a device and sees my keyboard but won't connect to it. I see that others have had success and wonder what I'm missing? Thanks to everyone for the info that got me this far.

Pair the devices with Windows side first. If you've already done pairing with Mac, remove all devices in Bluetooth prefpane.
Then go into Windows and you would make it good.
Remember that you may need to turn the power supply of the devices off once when you boot Windows.

I also use the BCM92046MD hack and everything works like a charm at BIOS level or Chameleon boot menu or the crossing between Mac and Windows.

sorry for my poor English. Good luck :thumbsup_anim:

somagfx

somagfx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Pair the devices with Windows side first. If you've already done pairing with Mac, remove all devices in Bluetooth prefpane.
Then go into Windows and you would make it good.
Remember that you may need to turn the power supply of the devices off once when you boot Windows.

I also use the BCM92046MD hack and everything works like a charm at BIOS level or Chameleon boot menu or the crossing between Mac and Windows.

sorry for my poor English. Good luck :thumbsup_anim:

Hello, I also have the A1114 working in everything except windows 7 64bit. How did you install the drivers from bootcamp i would very much like to try that out. Also on a side note was anybody able to access the bios and/or bootloader with this bluetooth chip ? I am under the impression the BCM92046MD is supposedly working but not the A1114 is this true?

Hi, I am using the a1114 modul everything is nice. Wake up from sleeping, gestures with the MagicMouse etc. but can't use it in Chameleon. So I looked for a BCM92046MD (a1181) but I didn't find one on eBay or so. Just find a modul from Dell with the

BCM92046MD chip, would this work nativly in Lion? Could anyone tested one?

Do you (20S7737) use an a1181 Apple Bluetooth Modul?

Thanks in advanced.
soma

20S7737

20S7737

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Do you (20S7737) use an a1181 Apple Bluetooth Modul?

Thanks in advanced.
soma

Hi, yes I'm using the Apple's one from Macbook Pro.

somagfx

somagfx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you.
I've found a dealer on eBay who sells a BCM92046MD for an a1261. So I would buy it and test your description above.

alert5

alert5

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
I read this with great interest since my cheap Rocketfish BT dongle up and quit while attached to my Hackintosh. I had thought the Bluetooth support in OS X 10.7.4 was a no-brainer because the first time I stuck the dongle into a USB port, bluetooth configured itself in no time and without any special kext driver loading that I could see. I really have no clue as to why it stopped working.

Just for giggles, I booted up Win7 Pro for the first time in a couple of months and sure enough the BT dongle LED did not light up in Windows either. However I downloaded and installed the Rocketfish Windows driver for the device and it came alive. I did not try to pair up with my Magic Trackpad in Windows but made sure the settings were on for pairing.

On reboot to OS X, the dongle LED was lit and my Magic Track Pad paired up just fine. I'm only guessing, but it seems that the Windows driver update did something at a firmware level for the device and that is why it works again on the Hackintosh.

System information now has this in it: http://d.pr/i/R4gT

BCM2046B1
Composite Device
Rocketfish Bluetooth Adapter

If this turns out to be a recurring problem, this thread at least points what I hope is a more permanent solution.

CJP2

CJP2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
I used a BT module from a 2008 Macbook Pro which had the wire harness configuration like iStigPL on post #33 and can confirm his wiring configuration for the different color wires. I merely wired mine to an extra USB cable and plug it into an external port on my tower. It's been a couple days now and it's working much better than the IOGear USB GBU421 I had been using, it's paired with a Magic Trackpad, an Apple keyboard and even the cheaper ProHT mini keyboard from Inland (like the Apple keyboard but in a nice black) that I'm typing on now quickly and no signal drops so far. I was having many problems with the IOGear dongle which had been perfectly stable up till Lion 7.3. Sorry - no iPhone or iPad to try pairing it with for those of you with those issues.

This picture shows it assembled with the correct wire sequence before I put a big band of shrink tubing on it.
Posted Image

kyetech

kyetech

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi peeps, Everything works 100% perfect.

However, when I bought the usb header cable ( a 9 pin one) All the colours / colors were different / wrong (added for google keyword search terms) to the ones listed in the instructions. So I found an internet page that lists the pin assignment for the header cable and could work out what went where, using this page:

http://www.frontx.com/cpx108_2.html

Cheers. Thank you for awesome instructions. My hackintosh bluetooth module is awesome ! And wakes from sleep as others have said.

todesto

todesto

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Interests:golf
    computer
    hacking
    movie
    Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Police, Queen, St...
I made one exactly like the one pictured two post above me and I can pair my trackpad, shows enable bluetooth device to wake the computer.
However when I wake up the computer using Trackpad or bluetooth, all my USB port is dead after wake including bluetooth. When I wake the computer using USB mouse or wireless keyboard (logitech diNovo-USB wireless), every port is back including bluetooth. Bluetooth is greyed out at first after wake for about 2 second, then comes back, then pairs with trackpad.
Does the Apple Bluetooth module has to be connected directly to board using USB pins, not USB connector?

CodF4ther

CodF4ther

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
has anyone been able to get an Apple wireless keyboard to function reliably in the bios & boot loader? Mine will work maybe 5-10% of the time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy