Asus P8P67 Pro install guide

Guest ^Andy^

663 posts in this topic

you think your bootcd will find the osx installer on a usb stick?

if i eject the cd and insert the usb.... will it find it?

i could give you device ids and hardware specs for a deluxe motherboard so you could have files for deluxe if u want.

only difference is i got an nvidia card.

You could just install the package onto the usb stick and copy the extra folder from the cd image over to the usb stick - that should make the usb bootable.

You could just install the package onto the usb stick and copy the extra folder from the cd image over to the usb stick - that should make the usb bootable.

i will try that, prob is i only got 1 usb stick, 8gb... i have some probs getting the osx image onto it... if your cd works on the usb i will try to burn 10.6.3 onto my last dvd... or if u got a better solution...

i will try that, prob is i only got 1 usb stick, 8gb... i have some probs getting the osx image onto it... if your cd works on the usb i will try to burn 10.6.3 onto my last dvd... or if u got a better solution...

Should be straightforward getting the image onto it - create an image from the install dvd, scan the image for restore data and then restore the image to the usb stick. After that try the above to make it bootable etc.

When you say install the package onto the usb stick... what do you mean?

im on windows. no mac's here

got installed, after combo update system hangs on boot, AppleSMCBusPCI start failed to get acpi path,

ACPI.SMC.Platformplugin start waitforservice ((AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

just wonder can i fix this from Windows? i got Macdrive and can access the drive in windows

Hi Andy!

I would be so happy for some help to get my gear up and running with Lion and my p8p67 pro!

I have downloaded your Andy boot-CD and have a [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] USB-stick with Lion

Do I need to use my Snow Leopard CD to install that first and then the combo and then use the Lion update if I want to use your CD?

As I have the p8p67 Pro I guess that your CD would rock! :-)

Maybe you have a link to a page or two cause I cant find a guide for this?

History:

Before I found your CD, guide and this thread I tried with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] but did not reach all the way thru. But!! I actually got my GTX-580 to work with the "C43" kexts from iparsifal.org/osx before I messed my system up ;-)

I think I messed everything up when trying to post-install your package onto LION. After restart I got this annoying freeze screen, is it called KP? Well, even if I choose to start from your CD in BIOS it freeze like that again. So, the only solution I seem to have is to start from the USB with the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], format the disk and install LION again. But, in that way I guess it is the iBootloader which is present and.. that might interfere with your bootloader on your CD? Or how is this working?

EDIT: Now I found the guide for dummies to install LION now! So, I will try that! Thx!

Best regards

• 2 months later...

hello,

First of all, thank you to Andy for this tutorial. It works well.

I bought a magic mouse is recognized thanks to the integrated Bluetooth of my P8P67 Pro but it sometimes freezes.

Does anyone have the same problem?

Thank you to you and google trans :)

bye

• 8 months later...

Hi everyone,

I know i'm not dumb but, I follow all this tutorial, but something was wrong with my config (Asus P8P67 Pro revB3 bios 3207, 16 GB, GTX670 Stock). When I want to boot with andy's bootcd or regae's bootcd nothing happen, until the computer reboot itself at all time.

Anyone have an idea to solve this problem ?

Thanks

tapeton

Hi everyone,

I know i'm not dumb but, I follow all this tutorial, but something was wrong with my config (Asus P8P67 Pro revB3 bios 3207, 16 GB, GTX670 Stock). When I want to boot with andy's bootcd or regae's bootcd nothing happen, until the computer reboot itself at all time.

Anyone have an idea to solve this problem ?

Thanks

tapeton

I suspect it's an issue with that bios version - i did recommend NOT using a 3000 series bios