[Guide] Mammoth Method v2.00 - HP DVx 10.6.x: Fast, Easy, Comprehensive Installation. /// NEW MAMMOTH BOOT CD for i5 & i3 \\\

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
1507 replies to this topic

Firanolfind

Firanolfind

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
why you don't notice me.
please any help!

Firanolfind

Firanolfind

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
I do not know.
I can run OS X from ##### Legacy in safe mode, without right graphics and via one core.
Nobody helps me.

yurchik92

yurchik92

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
i have same problem with nanosedonds

hope some one will help us in this thread http://www.insanelym...howtopic=274466

Firanolfind

Firanolfind

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Yeh, same {censored}.
Try to install using ##### Legacy. I booted but next steps fail.

IHackz23

IHackz23

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Hey guys - I have a DV6-3181NR and I'm booting Lion 10.7.2. It has an i7-720qm and ATi 5650 graphics. So far I have all 8 threads and native power management working. However I can only get audio to work through VoodooHDA and the headphones port doesn't work. Also sleep is a no go even though power managment is working with AppleLPC loaded. I've tried editing the dsdt to fix these issues up with no success so if I post my clean DSDT could someone take a look?

Ok so apparently Taptun is the person to go to - so please if you read this Taptun I'd be extremely grateful!

Attached File  DSDT.dsl.zip   45.2KB   9 downloads

kurtosavros

kurtosavros

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
This nanoseconds thing is called a kernel panic, but don't panic.
When you update your version of mac you should do two things:
1) Change the kernel located in the root folder and change the kernel, with the one provided from (tamptum usually) for your particular version, These kernels are located in previous comments.
2) Change the .plist file. The newer versions of chameleon don't use the com.apple.plist, but the org.chameleon.plist...
There inside change the name of the kernel.
3) Change the DSDT uppon upgrade. This DSDT I usually steel from people who post them here, and have the same computer with mine.

kone_dejota

kone_dejota

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
Don't try to install Lion with this laptop: HP Pavilion dv6-3152ss
What i got and couldn't fix it is a 10.6.8 installation without sound, good graphics, wireless, bright control, etc...

IHackz23

IHackz23

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
@kone_dejota

are you saying you have snow installed without sound or graphics??

Have you tried fixing your dsdt? I've gotten pretty good results with Lion so far and it seems we have similar hardware. From what I've read Snow should be more compatible overall. I need someone to check my dsdt though as I'm not sure I patched everything correctly.

Firanolfind

Firanolfind

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Right! So I need dsdt for dv7t 6100 please!

IHackz23

IHackz23

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
@ Firanolfind

I'm pretty sure this thread is dedicated to older DVx series laptops - all 6000 series like yours have a sandy bridge cpu which means completely different hardware. If the people here were even to work on your dsdt they couldn't be sure to know what patches actually work. I think your best bet is to find the thread on tonymac regarding the HP sandy bridge ProBooks as they would offer more similar specs to yours. You shouldn't need to boot from the legacy kernel for lion as it has native support for sandy bridge. Stay away from Snow Leopard as only special 10.6.8 builds fully supported it. Although if you have an Insyde bios you will also be affected from the lapic error so to install you will still need to boot with cpus=1 until you apply the 10.7.2 lapic kernel by taptun. As far as graphics go I think the 6770m is compatible with OSX but I don't think anyone has gotten it to work through any means yet. So do you have switchable graphics? You may have to stick with the HD3000 if you do.

Jugz

Jugz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:A challenge.
I would like to share my success story with everyone here in the HP forum.

I had had 10.6.3 for a year, because every time I upgraded to something higher (i.e. 10.6.7) I could never boot despite having edited the apple.plist or org.chameleon.plist file.

I had finally discovered that the problem was the infamous graphics card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650. This card had also given me troubles in my Lion installation. I could install Lion just fine as long as I used
PCIRootUID=0
but it would never boot up correctly until last week. Last week, the intro video played for me but I was still stuck on the verbose screen which was very weird but I new it worked. The funniest thing was that I hit
Command(alt) + f5
and activated the verbal help assistant and actually set up my account from the verbose screens through the voice in the Mac :|

Anyway, several people had told me to delete kexts then try again. What I had failed to do every time was do exactly that. I ended up deleting every single graphics kext that came with Lion through my Snow Leopard installation and voila, it booted up to the desktop!

I then applied this concept to 10.6.8 and would you look at that?! It booted just fine.
What's working:

1. Bluetooth (automatically)
2. Sound (VoodooHDA modified kext)
3. Keyboard (obviously)
4. Touchpad (I want Lion multi-gesture though... where do I get that from?)
5. Webcam, 4 USB, Headphone and Mic jack (custom DSDT applied.. thanks Maldon)
6. i5-450M is a dual core with 4 threads and they all work from Taptun's kernel's. (just search for them)

What is not working:

1. ATI Radeon HD 5650M Graphics Card. Since It is a switchable graphics card, I think there is no hope.
2. Brightness
3. Sleep
4. WiFi (but not supported and never will so I don't even know why I put here)
5. Possibly others.

So, if anyone has a fix for my issues above, help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You InsanelyMac Community.

-Jugz

vedisQUO

vedisQUO

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Just found this thread. Looks like I have a lot of reading to do, but I do have a question.

I currently have an HP 6910p laptop, and I also have Snow Leopard. Would it make sense to give it a go to try and install on this machine, or would you recommend a purchase of another laptop and/or Lion? Or just give this a shot anyway?

What would you guys do?

Jugz

Jugz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:A challenge.
Alright taptun, time for your genius kernel patching skills. 10.7.3 is out so that means us HPers need a new kernel!

Thanks for all your hard work. The update is good for vanilla installers and iAtkos users :)

nyabs2005

nyabs2005

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Here is What I have done while we all wait for Taptun's patched kernel
Download the 10.7.3 combo update
copy your current 10.7.2 kernel to your desktop
copy your current audio Kext ( patched apple HDA) etc to your desk top
Run the combo update and reboot with flag cpus=1
delete the new apple HDA kext and install your previous audio kext copied earlier
delete the mach_kernel from root and replace it with the 10.7.2 mach_kernel (Taptun's patched 10.7.2 kernel renamed mach_kernel)
run kext utility to repair permissions and rebuild cache
reboot as normal and all your 4 cores will be working this time
:thumbsup_anim:

HP DV8 1080 EA (UK version) core i7 with Nvidia GT 230 graphics

Noticed a slight geek bench score rise 6089 pre update and 6403 post update

Attached Files

Taptun

Taptun

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
mach_kernel patched for 10.7.3

http://www.osx86.net..._lapic.fix.html
or made in Taptun :rolleyes:
http://www.mediafire...swz9x9dp5mtryb4

Attached File  Geekbench_10.7.3.png   154.99KB   60 downloads

@Taptun

Peter_sm

Peter_sm

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
Thanks Taptun :star_sunglasses: :star_sunglasses: :star_sunglasses: :star_sunglasses: :star_sunglasses:

macq

macq

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
@Taptun.
many thanks for your efforts,wonder where would this project be ,if it was not for your fixes.!!!

Cheers
Thanks again :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

nyabs2005

nyabs2005

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
@ Taptun
Very many thanks

manmal

manmal

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
hi,
i upgraded to 10.7.3 and everything is fine, geekbench is the same at 5762 and now i have wifi no more working...any idea to get it working again? Any solution for latest 10.7.3 applehda too for dv8?
thanks!
mal

EDIT: i replaced IO802Family.kext with 1072 one and it works now...any reason why my geekbench is the same , and lower than yours guyz?

dgrx

dgrx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 75 posts
@ Taptun

Thanks for the continued support :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy