[Guide] Mammoth Method v2.00 - HP DVx 10.6.x: Fast, Easy, Comprehensive Installation. /// NEW MAMMOTH BOOT CD for i5 & i3 \\\

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
1527 replies to this topic

nic.mroc

nic.mroc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Actually I successfully changed my FakeSMC but I experienced these problems with the mouse and graphics lags. Also no popping sound when turning sound off...I dont know why. So I got back to the Mac3.1 FakeSMC and everything is running smoothly again.

Zell Dinch

Zell Dinch

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Nope, only changed Vendor10deDevice0a29 to Vendor10deDevice0a28 under MacBookPro6,1..... because that is what my SMBios is set to.

When you changed your SMBios from 6,1 to 6,2....did you change the rest of the info in your SMBios to match?

This is from MBP6,2 DMI

dmi.bios.date: 07/26/10
dmi.bios.vendor: Apple Inc.
dmi.bios.version: MBP61.88Z.0057.B0C.1007261552
dmi.board.asset.tag: Base Board Asset Tag#
dmi.board.name: Mac-F22586C8<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Look Here
dmi.board.vendor: Apple Inc.
dmi.board.version: MacBookPro6,2
dmi.chassis.type: 10
dmi.chassis.vendor: Apple Inc.
dmi.chassis.version: Mac-F22586C8
dmi.modalias: dmi:bvnAppleInc.:bvrMBP61.88Z.0057.B0C.1007261552:bd07/26/10:svnAppleInc.:pnMacBookPro6,2:pvr1.0:rvnAppleInc.:rnMac-F22586C8:rvrMacBookPro6,2:cvnAppleInc.:ct10:cvrMac-F22586C8:
dmi.product.name: MacBookPro6,2
dmi.product.version: 1.0
dmi.sys.vendor: Apple Inc.

This is from MBP6,1 DMI
dmi.bios.date: 07/26/10
dmi.bios.vendor: Apple Inc.
dmi.bios.version: MBP61.88Z.0057.B0C.1007261552
dmi.board.asset.tag: Base Board Asset Tag#
dmi.board.name: Mac-F22589C8<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Look Here
dmi.board.vendor: Apple Inc.
dmi.chassis.type: 10
dmi.chassis.vendor: Apple Inc.
dmi.chassis.version: Mac-F22589C8
dmi.modalias: dmi:bvnAppleInc.:bvrMBP61.88Z.0057.B0C.1007261552:bd07/26/10:svnAppleInc.:pnMacBookPro6,1:pvr1.0:rvnAppleInc.:rnMac-F22589C8:rvr:cvnAppleInc.:ct10:cvrMac-F22589C8:
dmi.product.name: MacBookPro6,1
dmi.product.version: 1.0
dmi.sys.vendor: Apple Inc.

The motherboards have different Model numbers. The serial number's are different too, and help identify your Hack (About This Mac). Here is one for MBP6,2 Mid 2010 "FC032BJAAGW". Made it from this app. It has a serial generator. Check this page to confirm serial. Change these in your SMBios and see if that helps. I don't have the delays with the pointer. :) I can upload the .kext I'm using if you want....

As for the layout id.... sorry, my mistake. :wacko: They are the same. It was the layout ID from NIXon's patch that was different when I was comparing your DSDT.

The SSD's replaced the stock one. They work great. Instantly recognized by OSX and Windows. Easy setup and very fast. :)

Yeah. I used champlist to edit my SMBios so everything is corrected. But still there are delays... Here is my SMBIOS:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com...yList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Copyright</key>
<string>SMBios by 7ender @ InMac.org Created with Champlist.app</string>
<key>SMbiosvendor</key>
<string>Apple Inc.</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MBP61.88Z.0057.B0C.1007261552</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-F22586C8</string>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>MacBook Pro</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacBookPro6,2</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>C0033ZFCAGW</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Actually I successfully changed my FakeSMC but I experienced these problems with the mouse and graphics lags. Also no popping sound when turning sound off...I dont know why. So I got back to the Mac3.1 FakeSMC and everything is running smoothly again.

Really? Could you upload FakeSMC please. And if you don't mind, the AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext as well. Thank you very much.

nic.mroc

nic.mroc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Yeah. I used champlist to edit my SMBios so everything is corrected. But still there are delays... Here is my SMBIOS:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com...yList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Copyright</key>
<string>SMBios by 7ender @ InMac.org Created with Champlist.app</string>
<key>SMbiosvendor</key>
<string>Apple Inc.</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MBP61.88Z.0057.B0C.1007261552</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-F22586C8</string>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>MacBook Pro</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacBookPro6,2</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>C0033ZFCAGW</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Really? Could you upload FakeSMC please. And if you don't mind, the AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext as well. Thank you very much.

The FakeSMC is the original one which is preset to MacPro3,1.

My AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext * is coming in a moment (MacBookPro6,2-->GT 230M).

*Note that I am running Lion 10.7.2 and all updates installed. I'm telling that in case this kext has changed.

UPDATE: Just noticed this:

I changed my SMC version back to the MacBookPro6,2 one.
I noticed the mouse lag.
Then open youtube and played a full 1080p video.
The system doesn't lag at all. When I pause it the lag is back again...
Maybe because of the video card power management? That's why MacPro works better: different power management.

Attached Files

dgrx

dgrx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 75 posts

My AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext * is coming in a moment (MacBookPro6,2-->GT 230M).

*Note that I am running Lion 10.7.2 and all updates installed. I'm telling that in case this kext has changed.

I noticed the mouse lag.
Maybe because of the video card power management? That's why MacPro works better: different power management.

That's interesting. Never tried it with MacPro3,1. SMC. Have had it as MBP6,1 for quite a while. I'll give it a go, and see what happens here.
I still am not seeing the lag with MBP6,1 :)

Edit: So just to be sure... you are using MacPro3,1 SMC and MacBookPro6,2 SMBios?

nic.mroc

nic.mroc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Yes. Check the lag using the "Abou my Mac". Select more info and try changing tab. Then see when its smoother! Also try playing a video in full HD and see what happens.

dgrx

dgrx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 75 posts
Just tried MacPro3,1 SMC and MacBookPro6,1 SMBios. Tried "About This Mac" and 1080P YouTube. On my DVx I'm not seeing any real difference. No stuttering video or mouse lag with either. Even Geekbench checks are the same.

Maybe the SMC version will just depend on your version DVx. -_-
One of those.... Use what works best for you setup .... Things.

nic.mroc

nic.mroc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
I will leave it as it is. The only lag I can see is sometimes with the mouse pointer ( not easy to notice it) but the battery life is better. When I am playing videos etc. everything runs smoothly. So no problem. The only problem left is the HDMI audio...

dgrx

dgrx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 75 posts
I'm gonna give the MacPro3,1 SMC a go for awhile and see if I notice any differences in every day use....

As for HDMI sound, that would be great. -_-

torrija44501

torrija44501

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Help please, i can't boot My Mac OSx DVD Retail Snow.

I posted it in page 58...... -_-

Please help

Thank you

nic.mroc

nic.mroc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Try bootflag pciroot=1. Also give tonymacx86's boot cd a try. Its called #####. I have been always using it without any problem!

Zell Dinch

Zell Dinch

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

I noticed the mouse lag.

I tried your kext file, with original FakeSMC (1.30f3), there are still obvious mouse lags. Which FakeSMC do you use again, I use the rev 493 from here:

http://www.projectos...?showtopic=1643

If you don't mind, can you upload your FakeSMC with SMBios please >_<. It's so nice to have HD Video working but this glitch is just crazy...

nic.mroc

nic.mroc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Im writing from the iPhone so I cannot post any files now. It is included in the Kexts.zip posted by Taptun some post before. Try searching it.

Zell Dinch

Zell Dinch

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Im writing from the iPhone so I cannot post any files now. It is included in the Kexts.zip posted by Taptun some post before. Try searching it.

I've just checked that post but the kext file has been removed. If you have time please upload it. Thank you!!!

osmosizzz

osmosizzz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I tried that given kext as well and no luck. At first, 720p worked and then when i switched back to a 1080p video, the lag came again.

---also being curious, I deleted the boot file that is in the same directory as the mach kernel. does anyone want to done thairs so i can have mine back up and running. because of this, i have not windows or os x running. Im thinking of reinstalling chameleon but im not sure if that will solve the problem

bulldog1990

bulldog1990

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Please can you fix my clean DSDT so that I am able to use my brightness slider again?

I am using the dv8 with the nvidia 230

Attached Files

osmosizzz

osmosizzz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Please can you fix my clean DSDT so that I am able to use my brightness slider again?

I am using the dv8 with the nvidia 230

Im not sure if this will work but try pressing the FN key with the page up key thats located on the number pad section of the keyboard and let me know how that goes

bulldog1990

bulldog1990

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
didn't work, used to work in 10.6.8 but now im on 10.7.2 :)

HaTToR

HaTToR

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Hi HaTTor,

For SD Cards the kext in this post from RxNix worked for me.

For your video, your setup is very close to MacBookPro 6,2 (15 inch). Mine is MacBookPro 6,1 (17 inch). Check out this thread. My SMBios is MacBookPro 6,1, as is my FakeSMC. MBP 6,1 and 6,2 use nVidia GT320M. The nVidia chipset is the same for our GT230M video cards. With the info from the stated thread..... Open the AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext in S/L/E. (Show package contents)...Contents... Open info.plist (with a .plist editor). IOKitPersonalities.... AGPM..... find MacBookPro6,2.... Vendor10deDevice0a29 (nVidia GT320M). Change to Vendor10deDevice0a28 (nVidia230M). Save, repair permissions,reboot. It enabled native AGPM (with DSDT Injection for GT230M) on my DVx :rolleyes: Video performance greatly improved :)

hi dgrx,

Thank you for helping,, now 1080p videos on flashplayer working with Hardware Acc. too,, but Card reader being stubborn,, that kext doesnt work for me, tried with DSDT injection and w/o it,, iam uploading my DSDT can you check it if there is a wrong injection,, or if you can upload yours i will compare mine with your DSDT??

BTW i need latest Bios Rom version of 6,2 to edit SMbios,, anyone knows where can i find it,, tried Champlist App. and Chameleon Wizard to update but no chance,, iam checking if its the latest or not via Bootcamp it says need to update latest Bios Rom...

Attached Files

pablo101

pablo101

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
has anyone else lost sound since upgrading from 10.7.1 to 10.7.2??

Komano

Komano

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Hello,

Help me please the folks of this forum for install lion on this laptop HP DV7 6090ef.

Thanks advance.

It's not that we don't want to help you. We CAN'T help you. There is a difference. CAN'T and Don't WANT to has a big difference. First of all, you're on a Sandy Bridge, this Mammoth thread isn't meant for Sandy Bridge CPU's at all. I don't have a Sandy Bridge laptop either and therefore i can't help you with whatever problem you have. Unless you want to ship your whole laptop to someone and let the person figure out, you're on your own. So would you please stop complaining about no one helping you and spend the time doing more research on solving your problems?

Also just so you know, you're not the only one having Graphic Resolution. i have the same problem and still haven't been able to find a fix for it.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy