• 74 posts
http://www.insanelym...p...t&p=1655159

Hexidecimal

Hexidecimal

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
You are a god. This is the only thing I've been missing to get SL running on my i7 machine again. I'll be testing these tomorrow night.

doof

doof

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

I've had QE/CI working with my 6870 with a few days now, so I thought I'd share. Attached are the kexts you'll need -these are taken from the latest MBP's and work with Snow Leopard (tested with 10.6.6). Remember to disable any injector (e.g. GraphicsEnabler=no if you're using Chameleon as a bootloader).

Lion users should also should have working 6870/6850's (and probably others) out of the box without any injectors.

Anyone try this with 6970? Will it work?

jeanlain

jeanlain

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
It has its device ID in the drivers, so it should work.

Nuphor

Nuphor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
Strangely, the latest build of 10.6.7 (from yesterday) still doesn't have an ATI6000Controller.kext

Renegade

Renegade

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Doesn't work for 6950.
I'll try to fiddle with the device ID.

TH3L4UGH1NGM4N

TH3L4UGH1NGM4N

(~_~)

• Retired
  • 1,156 posts
  • Interests:(~_^)

Strangely, the latest build of 10.6.7 (from yesterday) still doesn't have an ATI6000Controller.kext

meh I think Apple is just teasing in 10.6.7 I dunno why since the kext is in 10.7 really is no point in still holding out.

Speaking of which Nuphor, your 6870 OOB is stable within 10.7 I'm assuming.

jpa

jpa

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
link your model?? 6870...

Nuphor

Nuphor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

meh I think Apple is just teasing in 10.6.7 I dunno why since the kext is in 10.7 really is no point in still holding out.

Speaking of which Nuphor, your 6870 OOB is stable within 10.7 I'm assuming.

Yep, I've been using it for a few days with no issues.

link your model?? 6870...

HIS 6870 Turbo

jpa

jpa

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
thanks

is http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814161349
or http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814161350

or http://www.newegg.co...1-350-_-Product

Please, novabech points, cinebech points

thanks

AutumnJazz

AutumnJazz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
Damn... does this mean that we won't have to flash cards or buy Apple-tax cards at a premium anymore?

I've been holding off on a graphics upgrade for a long time. Maybe I'll get a 6870 with Lion. :D

verdi1987

verdi1987

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Damn... does this mean that we won't have to flash cards or buy Apple-tax cards at a premium anymore?

I've been holding off on a graphics upgrade for a long time. Maybe I'll get a 6870 with Lion. :D

I am having issues shutting down and restarting after installing the new ATI kexts and OpenGL.framework. Shutdown and restart appear to complete (the monitor turns off), but fans are still running in my computer, and the machine never turns off or restarts. I toyed with the power saving settings in the BIOS and also tried EvoReboot, OpenHaltRestart, and SleepEnabler to no avail. If I revert back to the old kexts or even the Lion kexts, shutodown and restart work normally. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Hexidecimal

Hexidecimal

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
Tried the kexts in your pack last night. Aside from telling me they couldn't be used because they were installed improperly about a dozen times (even using kext helper). I couldn't get them to work. Then I installed the driver pack for DX58SO motherboards and rebooted and they magically kicked in at boot. However I think they tried to use Chameleon w/ Graphics because it would let me select an HDD to boot from, if I chose my SL drive, the screens blacked out and the fan went to maximum till the machine shut down.

I'm going to attempt this again tonight (the process of going from iATKOS S3 v2 to 10.6.6 while keeping full USB support is a total PITA) and not use Chameleon as the loader this time. I'll repost my findings then.

Nuphor

Nuphor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Tried the kexts in your pack last night. Aside from telling me they couldn't be used because they were installed improperly about a dozen times (even using kext helper). I couldn't get them to work. Then I installed the driver pack for DX58SO motherboards and rebooted and they magically kicked in at boot. However I think they tried to use Chameleon w/ Graphics because it would let me select an HDD to boot from, if I chose my SL drive, the screens blacked out and the fan went to maximum till the machine shut down.

I'm going to attempt this again tonight (the process of going from iATKOS S3 v2 to 10.6.6 while keeping full USB support is a total PITA) and not use Chameleon as the loader this time. I'll repost my findings then.

The fan thing was something I encountered with Chameleon's injector enabled alright.

dickhouse

dickhouse

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
not working for mobility 6470 :unsure: {censored}

Hexidecimal

Hexidecimal

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

The fan thing was something I encountered with Chameleon's injector enabled alright.

That's promising then. As soon as work is over I'll give it another shot.

jpa

jpa

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
hi, install methods?

steps for used this driver... o install..

you card is http://www.newegg.co...1-350-_-Product

?
thanks

jeanlain

jeanlain

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

not working for mobility 6470 :) {censored}

Radeon cards referenced in the drivers (Device IDs):
- radeon HD 5770 + 5870
- radeon HD 5850
- radeon HD 6850
- radeon HD 6870
- radeon HD 6970

For other cards, Device IDs must be added to the controller kext.

benjmole

benjmole

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Got the same as the guy above. 6850, installed kexts and got the installed improperly message. I used Kext Helper to install btw. Proceeded to install Chameleon RC5, and a modded boot file I found in another thread. It also advised me to dump my ROM, and place it in the Extra folder.

Edited the .plist to show UseAtiRom=Yes, and GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

Booted up, and got black screen, and full fans.

Would it have worked with GraphicsEnabler=No

Cheers.

Nuphor

Nuphor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Got the same as the guy above. 6850, installed kexts and got the installed improperly message. I used Kext Helper to install btw. Proceeded to install Chameleon RC5, and a modded boot file I found in another thread. It also advised me to dump my ROM, and place it in the Extra folder.

Edited the .plist to show UseAtiRom=Yes, and GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

Booted up, and got black screen, and full fans.

Would it have worked with GraphicsEnabler=No

Cheers.

You can remove UseAtiRom & GraphicsEnabler from your boot plist to disable the injector.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy