LifeOnRice

46 posts in this topic

MADE BY DEETOX:

So… I have a Lion working with the following :

- XPC

- NVEnabler (for dual boot on 9800 GTX)

- FakeSMC v.1.0.

What I did :

I used a preconfigured XPC found on applelife.

All files are available here : http://www.fileserve.com/file/MSEcs5H

USB Preparation :

1 – Use “XPC Boot Prepare Tool” to make usb dongle bootable (WARNING : choose the good usb dongle in installer)

2 – Put “bootdisk” content in the usb dongle

3 – Copy my dsdt.aml in efi/xpc in the dongle

Install Preparation (same as usr-sse2 (thank you again)) :

1 – Mount 10.7 image

2 – Found a finder that allow you to show hidden files

3 – Restore “BaseSystem.dmg” (hidden file) from install disk to an external usb drive

4 – Remove “Packages” alias from System/Installation on the usb drive

5 – copy /Packages from 10.7 image to /System/Installation in external usb drive

6 – copy kexts folder from workingxpc to / in external usb drive

Boot :

1 – Boot usb key (it is preconfigured so you do not have to change anything in config ^^)

2 – choose the usb drive where you put BaseSystem.dmg

3 – when the command line prompt, type :

/sbin/mount -uw /

chown -R root:wheel /kexts/FakeSMC.kext

kextload /kexts/FakeSMC.kext

exit

4 – After exit, lion install should start !

Installation :

You are now in Lion Install so follow the steps.

After Installation :

When you reboot after install, you must type in command :

exit

When desktop come, as usr-sse2 said, copy /kexts/FakeSMC.kext to /System/Library/Extensions (to load it after next reboot without command).

After configuration, you can type “M” in XPC to remove -v -s options.

Alright, sorry again for my bad english : I am french But I hope this help !

I DO NOT TAKE CREDIT FOR THIS: MADE BY DEETOX at NETKAS.org

NEED TESTERS

USB Preparation :

1 – Use “XPC Boot Prepare Tool” to make usb dongle bootable (WARNING : choose the good usb dongle in installer)

Thank you very much for the guide!

but could you please clarify for me this?

WARNING : choose the good usb dongle in installer

as on some reasons I cannot make proper usb dongle

I have tried all existing usb dongle preparation instructions with 4 very different PCs and nothing works for me.

So… I have a Lion working with the following :

- XPC

- NVEnabler (for dual boot on 9800 GTX)

- FakeSMC v.1.0.

What I did :

I used a preconfigured XPC found on applelife.

All files are available here : http://www.fileserve.com/file/MSEcs5H

USB Preparation :

Install Preparation (same as usr-sse2 (thank you again)) :

1 – Mount 10.7 image

2 – Found a finder that allow you to show hidden files

3 – Restore “BaseSystem.dmg” (hidden file) from install disk to an external usb drive

4 – Remove “Packages” alias from System/Installation on the usb drive

5 – copy /Packages from 10.7 image to /System/Installation in external usb drive

6 – copy kexts folder from workingxpc to / in external usb drive

Boot :

1 – Boot usb key (it is preconfigured so you do not have to change anything in config ^^)

/sbin/mount -uw /

exit

Installation :

You are now in Lion Install so follow the steps.

After Installation :

When you reboot after install, you must type in command :

exit

When desktop come, as usr-sse2 said, copy /kexts/FakeSMC.kext to /System/Library/Extensions (to load it after next reboot without command).

After configuration, you can type “M” in XPC to remove -v -s options.

Alright, sorry again for my bad english : I am french But I hope this help !

I DO NOT TAKE CREDIT FOR THIS: MADE BY DEETOX at NETKAS.org

NEED TESTERS

I'm trying to create a modified version of this guide to work with either a single thumb drive and a hard drive partition or two hard drive partitions, as some folks have hard drives, but not thumb drives, like moi.

The difference is that the source drive (where all the files in BaseSystem.DMG are going), will be a hard drive partition. It's basically a variation on the hard drive method used to install Snow today.

While I will be picking up at least one flash drive this week, I'm putting together the testbed for my hard drive based method.

The source-files HDD will have:

1. First partition (preferably bootable) configured like the bootable thumbdrive in your guide. (FAT32)

2. Second partition - BaseSystem.dmg, suitably modified. (GPT)

Because of the size of the drive I am using for this (40 GB PATA), I am using a six-partition scheme:

1. Able - SL DVD restoration target (per the current vanilla HD install method): I already have tonymac's [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] on CD for this.

2. Baker - Usable kexts and utilities ([url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], latest Firefox 4 beta, etc.)

3. Charlie - Source for unmodified BaseSystem.dmg from Lion.

4. Delta - eventual target for Lion DVD restoration

5. Echo - thumbdrive images (DMG format) and bootable CD/DVD images (for use with Disk Utility)

6. Foxtrot - working partition for building bootable thumbdrive/hard-disk-boot kickstarter.

Only the last partition will be FAT(32) - the others are all GPT and deliberately that way.

However, I am curious - has anyone used the method on a small hard-drive partition (as opposed to a thumb-drive)?

I *have* noticed that multiple SATA drives have been an issue with USB thumb drives and your guide, depending on the motherboard. I normally have two SATA HDDs, and a SATA optical drive, so I may have to disconnect the Windows HDD, whether I use your guide, or my modification.

Thoughts? Observations?

I'm trying to create a modified version of this guide to work with either a single thumb drive and a hard drive partition or two hard drive partitions, as some folks have hard drives, but not thumb drives, like moi.

The difference is that the source drive (where all the files in BaseSystem.DMG are going), will be a hard drive partition. It's basically a variation on the hard drive method used to install Snow today.

While I will be picking up at least one flash drive this week, I'm putting together the testbed for my hard drive based method.

The source-files HDD will have:

1. First partition (preferably bootable) configured like the bootable thumbdrive in your guide. (FAT32)

2. Second partition - BaseSystem.dmg, suitably modified. (GPT)

Because of the size of the drive I am using for this (40 GB PATA), I am using a six-partition scheme:

1. Able - SL DVD restoration target (per the current vanilla HD install method): I already have tonymac's [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] on CD for this.

2. Baker - Usable kexts and utilities ([url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], latest Firefox 4 beta, etc.)

3. Charlie - Source for unmodified BaseSystem.dmg from Lion.

4. Delta - eventual target for Lion DVD restoration

5. Echo - thumbdrive images (DMG format) and bootable CD/DVD images (for use with Disk Utility)

6. Foxtrot - working partition for building bootable thumbdrive/hard-disk-boot kickstarter.

Only the last partition will be FAT(32) - the others are all GPT and deliberately that way.

However, I am curious - has anyone used the method on a small hard-drive partition (as opposed to a thumb-drive)?

I *have* noticed that multiple SATA drives have been an issue with USB thumb drives and your guide, depending on the motherboard. I normally have two SATA HDDs, and a SATA optical drive, so I may have to disconnect the Windows HDD, whether I use your guide, or my modification.

Thoughts? Observations?

its kinda confusing.. i followed this guide made by deetosx http://netkas.org/?p=624#comment-152925

Hi PGHammer,

Would you be able to go in to more detail on the sizes of each partition and more about what they are being used for?

1. I presume partition 1 will be used for SL DVD restore

2. I understand partition 2

3. What do you mean unmodified? do you mean just a exact copy of the BaseSystem.dmg contents?

4. I presume this is where Lion will be installed?

5. What do you mean by Thumbdrive/CD images? of what type of image? i.e Do you mean Boot CDs?

6. what do you mean by "building bootable thumbdrive/hard-disk-boot kickstarter"?

I am asking for clarification so I understand exactly what you mean as I am looking into creating a better boot HDD with SL and eventually Lion.

Thank you for your time.

All the best

NSCXP2005

PS If you would like to discuss this in more in depth detail you can PM me.

hey guys i was just wondering, i read somewhere that bootloaders, and dsdt's may need to be modified to work on a hack running 10.7, also i read audio could be a problem... i installed from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]/vanilla (10.6.3, then updated), and have a very functional dsdt.. shouldnt i wait for a more stable release of 10.7 before i try to use it as a daily computer?

I didn't get any bootloader working on my machine. I tried installing [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and XPC using Mac OS and Windows. Always with the same result: I'm stuck on a black screen with a white underscore ant the top left of the screen. It's not flashing, it just freezes and nothing else happens. Does anyone have an advice for me?

I didn't get any bootloader working on my machine. I tried installing [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and XPC using Mac OS and Windows. Always with the same result: I'm stuck on a black screen with a white underscore ant the top left of the screen. It's not flashing, it just freezes and nothing else happens. Does anyone have an advice for me?

See known issues with Lion Install at bottom of this page.

http://3rr0rists.net/macintosh/how-to-inst...lion-on-pc.html

See known issues with Lion Install at bottom of this page.

http://3rr0rists.net/macintosh/how-to-inst...lion-on-pc.html

I already knew this guide. The only option in my BIOS that comes close is "Onboard Serial Port 1" with six options:

Disabled

3F8/IRQ4

2F8/IRQ3

3E8/IRQ4

2E8/IRQ3

Auto

None of these options solved my problem. I tried two different USB-Sticks (formatted with FAT32). Still stuck on the white unserscore... Please help...

I'm also running into the same issue with the white blinking cursor at bootup. I did have the option to disable the serial port in my BIOS and I've already done that. I unplugged my USB Drive and plugged it back in. It still goes to the blinking cursor. So I'm wondering if I prepared the USB drive correctly. Is it supposed to be formatted a certain way prior to running the XBC Boot Tool? The instructions say "Put “bootdisk” content in the usb dongle". Am I supposed to drag the whole "bootdisk" folder to the USB or am I supposed to put the contents of the folder (EFI Folder, Efildr20 file) in the root of the USB Drive? With the last step, it says to take dsdt.aml that is in the efi/xpc folder and put it on the USB drive. So I am supposed to go into the EFI folder that I just copied to the USB drive and copy the dsdt.aml found inside to the root of my USB drive?

Lastly, on the step that says "copy kexts folder from workingxpc to / in external usb drive"... Am I supposed to copy the kexts folder to the XPC USB Boot Drive, or the BaseSystem drive? If it is the BaseSystem drive, is the Kext folder just supposed to be in the root of the drive?

I'd appreciate any answers that you guys can provide!

When I boot into [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] I get a black screen after the cursor goes away. I have found that If i press 'u' or 'd' The GUI comes up. It will not display unless I press U or D. Dunno if this helps anyone.

I found a solution for my particular problem: I did a BIOS-update to version "f6" (i had "f5" before) and did a CMOS reset. Now it works!

Is it supposed to be formatted a certain way prior to running the XBC Boot Tool?

Yes. FAT32. Unfortunately my MAC always formats it in FAT16 if I choose FAT. So I did that in Windows.

The instructions say "Put “bootdisk” content in the usb dongle". Am I supposed to drag the whole "bootdisk" folder to the USB or am I supposed to put the contents of the folder (EFI Folder, Efildr20 file) in the root of the USB Drive?

No, not the Folder. The contents of the folder.

So I am supposed to go into the EFI folder that I just copied to the USB drive and copy the dsdt.aml found inside to the root of my USB drive?

No, copy the dsdt.aml you find in the zip-archive to the folder efi/xpc on the usb-stick.

Lastly, on the step that says "copy kexts folder from workingxpc to / in external usb drive"... Am I supposed to copy the kexts folder to the XPC USB Boot Drive, or the BaseSystem drive? If it is the BaseSystem drive, is the Kext folder just supposed to be in the root of the drive?

To the root of the BaseSystem drive.

attention: when you format the usb-stick, it must be mbr. okay. And then !! the new folder on the stick must also be formated/erased as MS-DOS (FAT) !! Otherwise the stick will not work ! Now copy all of the efi-folden onto stick

Andreas

hello guys, I wanted to ask aid is involved if possible. The problem is when i start the bootloader from USB device, XPC (0.82) and [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] (1.4a) will not start. I've tested two USB drives, FAT 32 formatted MBR, then installed Boot XPC prepared, or even [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] by the utility in Windows (I also added on, my and several other DSDT, and some kext which included fakeSMC). When I boot from USB-HDD there is "MBR start", and after black screen, the USB does not load and nothing happens. But if I connect the HDMI port the screen says "loading GUI, please wait. " now, what do you think?

I also tried with U, D or W key but nothing change!

http://img27.imageshack.us/i/pict0002sg.jpg/

Sorry for my English.

attention: when you format the usb-stick, it must be mbr. okay. And then !! the new folder on the stick must also be formated/erased as MS-DOS (FAT) !! Otherwise the stick will not work ! Now copy all of the efi-folden onto stick

Andreas

Hi..

Sorry ,I did't understand.. "the new folder on the stick must also be formated/erased as MS-DOS (FAT) !! Otherwise the stick will not work ! "

How I suppose to do this? the stick is on MBR yet...

sorry my english

thak you..

c.frio

@C.Frio i just copied the files ove to the usb stick after formatting was done,boot works fine here.

but when ever i try to run these commands

have a good one :huh:

@C.Frio i just copied the files ove to the usb stick after formatting was done,boot works fine here.

but when ever i try to run these commands

"""

Boot :

/sbin/mount -uw /

exit

"""

i get the error no sutch file or directory exists.

i have repaired the permissions for the fakesmc.kext severel times.

i can also boot without the -s -v commands and it gets to the first boot screen and then stops.

it just show a full resolution image of a mountain with clouds or somthing like that.

but irekognices my ati radeon hd 4870 so its not there .Also the mouse gone to. any thaughts woul be mutch appreciated.

have a good one ;)

Hi..

thanks, I'll try...

c.frio