1572 replies to this topic

NSCXP2005

NSCXP2005

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

hi guys !!! :P

that's it , I succeeded in installing Lion on a partition MBR and starting her without key usb !!! :wacko:

In made to be able to install it in MBR, I used the tuto of installation of DP 2 which I installed on DD in GPT!!!
This cool installation I cloned it with CCC (Carbon Copy Cloner) and made a .dmg picture (I have only the single DD as Lion) that I put on Snow!!!

Then I formated my DD of Lion in MBR, create 2 partitions over (one for Bootloader in MS-DOS and other one for picture clones in HFS journalised)

Under Snow I cloned picture towards the second partition with CCC and for the first one, I used DueToHdd to make my partition bootable and I copied the last version of XPC over!!!

Boot Lion without problem and without key usb, upturn walks very also !!! :)

fantomas1,

With your lion install on MBR, can you dual boot Snow Leopard and Lion with the same bootloader?

All the best,

NCXP2005

madcabbit

madcabbit

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Finally got my GTX 570's to work and get past the PCI CONFIGURATION error. I was using HDMI and it didn't even cross my mind to use DVI, but once I did the system stuck on PCI CONFIG for a few seconds then flashed and worked perfectly. Didn't even see the rest of the verbose mode output. All I needed was ATY_Init 64 bit and my devce ID (1081) in the NVDAGF100.kext.

Where would I get the ATY_Init you are using?

Would the device id for a GTX 460 768 MB already be in NVDAGF100.kext, and if not, how would I find it so I can add it?

Where would I get the ATY_Init you are using?

Would the device id for a GTX 460 768 MB already be in NVDAGF100.kext, and if not, how would I find it so I can add it?

Okay, so I looked at the file, I take it the ID goes here?
<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>			<string>				0x06c010de&amp;0xffe0ffff				0x0dc010de&amp;0xffc0ffff				0x0e2010de&amp;0xffe0ffff				0x0ee010de&amp;0xffe0ffff				0x0f0010de&amp;0xffc0ffff				0x104010de&amp;0xffc0ffff				0x124010de&amp;0xffc0ffff			</string>

In windows, my GTX 460 shows the first hardware id as PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0E22$SUBSYS_080410DE&REV_A1, which reminded me of something I read about the id of the card being 0e22, would that mean I would want to add "0x0e22010de$amp;0xffe0fff"?

artur-pt

artur-pt

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 4,427 posts
  • Interests:TechManiaco

Ok, Graphic is working with the rightone NVEnabler.kext and the "originals" GeForce.kexts...
No Changes an NV50HALxxx and NVResman.kext needed... 8)

But still this Error, i think it is not dependend from DSDT.aml, because, Booting without DSDT its the same...

USBF: 2.263 EHCI controller unable to take control from BIOS
USBF: 2.267 AppleUSBEHCI[0xffffff80099ca000]: unable to obtain ownership: 0xe00002be
USBF: 2.273 AppleUSBEHCI[0xffffff80099ca000]::UIMInitialize - Error occurred (0xe00002be)
USBF: 2.281 AppleUSBEHCI[0xffffff80099ca000]::UIMFinalize isInactive(0) _pEHCIRegisters(0) _device(0xffffff800a0b8700)
USBF: 2.288 AppleUSBEHCI[0xffffff80099ca000]::start unable to initialize UIM

Anyone have this too?
No Highspeed USB-Ports only USB 1.1.

How to resolve this?

Rene

hi , i have the same error resolved with iboot 1.5

now all working only problems with video

madcabbit

madcabbit

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
So I tried putting "0x0e2210de", "0x0e2210de&amp;0xffe0fff", and "0x0e2210de&amp;0xffc0fff" one at a time into the Info.plist for NVDAGF100.kext, alternating between using the 64-bit ATY_Init netkas released in february and not, and it didn't get me by "PCI Configuration Begin" for my GTX 460. :/

M0rpheus

M0rpheus

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

M0rpheus, that sounds promising! :)

In my case though even with XPC 0.82.33 it's stuck at [PCI configuration begin]
I'd like to test with HDMI, but I don't have mini HDMI Adapter right now.

Are you using ATY_Init.kext from 28th February 2011?
What kernel flags?

Did you add
0x108110de&amp;0xffe0ffff
or
0x108110de&amp;0xffc0ffff

to NVDAGF100Hal.kext?

Are there any other steps or kexts you were using?
I used NullCPUPowerManagement and FakeSMC as well.

Single GPU installed in your PC?
Edit: Oh, wait I see it in your sig. You have two GTX 570 SLI config.

I have two installed: GTX 570 and ATI 5770
GTX 570 is at Slot 1 and ATI on Slot 2

Maybe that's why it doesn't work? Should I remove the ATI?

I'll reply in parts to answer every question lol

Firstly yes I'm using Netkas' Aty_init he released a couple of months ago for 64 bit Lion. FakeSMC is the only other kext I need to make it boot. I did however use my Macbook to boot the system first, correctly install the kexts and then put the HDD back in my Hackintosh (I was having some troubles with FakeSMC not loading, installed incorrectly it said).

I'm only using the kernel flag -v so I could check output, nothing more.

I replaced the 0x104010de code (I think it was) and just put 81 in for my card. I think that made it 0x108110de&amp;0xffc0ffff.

And yes the problem could be stemming from having 2 different GPU's installed. The ATI card will automatically try to load the RadeonFramebuffer which could conflict with your nVidia framebuffer loading.

Jordan2Delta

Jordan2Delta

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
M0rpheus, I thank you for your quick response and detailed answer! :D

I'll try it with removing the ATI card asap.

I am very much interested in selling the ATI card and saving some 20-30 watts of energy. It isn't much but hey, there is a reason why I decided to water cool my GTX 570 and not the ATI 5770. I only bought the latter to get my work done. QE/CI is a must for me.

Edit:
Unfortunately it doesn't work for me. It still hangs on PCI config begin.
Maybe it's working for you, because you have two nvidia cards installed. Rominator also has one nvdia helper card to get it to work on his MacPro.

I tried to boot from my cloned MacBook drive and a new Lion Base System. I also tried to use NVEnabler and not ATYinit.

Maybe it's a BIOS thing? I didn't alter it though, because I haven't had any problems on Snow Leopard.

My motherboard and graphics card are from Gigabyte, if that matters.

madcabbit

madcabbit

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
So, I found out the permissions problem. For me, its showing anything other the boot drive as no owners, and permissions aren't sticking. I had to manually set it from the command line with "vsdbutil -a" to get them to work. In the end, I reformatted, set up the install drive again with the right permissions this time, used ATY_Init and added the proper ID for my GTX 460 into the NVDAGF100Hal.kext's Info.plist again, and... it booted! So I hated OSInstall.mpkg and got it installed. Got my NIC working with the AppleYukon2Injector.kext I was using in SL, but I have yet to get audio working.

I'm using a Asus P6X68D-E motherboard with this audio chipset from lspci:

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801JI (ICH10 Family) HD Audio Controller

Anyone have any advice on getting this working?

Oh, and what's the best workaround for reboot not working, or is there one yet?

M0rpheus

M0rpheus

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Got my NIC working with the AppleYukon2Injector.kext I was using in SL, but I have yet to get audio working.

I'm using a Asus P6X68D-E motherboard with this audio chipset from lspci:

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801JI (ICH10 Family) HD Audio Controller

Anyone have any advice on getting this working?

Oh, and what's the best workaround for reboot not working, or is there one yet?

Did you have audio working in SL? You can copy the same kexts along with the AppleHDA.kext (if you needed to patch it in SL) and it will work fine in Lion.

For reboot, EvoReboot.kext is good if you haven't had reboot/shutdown fixed in your DSDT.

pinarek

pinarek

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
Someone has already found a solution so that you can not always build the
Lion 11A430e must boot with -v, with XPC ?

madcabbit

madcabbit

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Did you have audio working in SL? You can copy the same kexts along with the AppleHDA.kext (if you needed to patch it in SL) and it will work fine in Lion.

For reboot, EvoReboot.kext is good if you haven't had reboot/shutdown fixed in your DSDT.

Audio works in SL, it looks like just a modified AppleHDA.kext, I copied that over, but it didn't help.

Also, I have 1920x1080, but the ATY_Init just makes my GTX 460 show up as a generic geforce, and 512 MB of vram instead of 768 and no QE, any advice on this? Trying without ATY_Init in any way (Even NVEnabler) just hangs where its been hanging for me before on boot.

Also, if InsanelyMac doesn't stop switching on me to Outline mode, I think I'm gonna scream. :D

rlf

rlf

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts

Audio works in SL, it looks like just a modified AppleHDA.kext, I copied that over, but it didn't help.

Don't forget to bring over any audio enablers you might have in SL /Extra/Extensions. Also, for me, using #####, I always had to delete the kernelcache (each boot) or no audio. With XPC, I didn't. Lastly, go to System Preferences, sound output, and make sure the output is set to the correct line.

elitee

elitee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

So, I found out the permissions problem. For me, its showing anything other the boot drive as no owners, and permissions aren't sticking. I had to manually set it from the command line with "vsdbutil -a" to get them to work. In the end, I reformatted, set up the install drive again with the right permissions this time, used ATY_Init and added the proper ID for my GTX 460 into the NVDAGF100Hal.kext's Info.plist again, and... it booted! So I hated OSInstall.mpkg and got it installed. Got my NIC working with the AppleYukon2Injector.kext I was using in SL, but I have yet to get audio working.

Could you be a little more detailed about this? What do you mean when you say you setup the drive again with the right permissions, why weren't they right in the first place?

This leads me to believe something went wrong with the update that screwed up the permissions so that FakeSMC won't load? I'm a little confused

YoMuS

YoMuS

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
I quote myself to add it's still happening after updating from dp2 to dp3 :(

QUOTE]Why do I get this screen right before the desktop appears? (In 11a419 only)

It happens using either Natit, NVEnabler, ATY_init, dsdt injection, efi string...

My graphics card is a gtx260 which is working perfectly under SL and Lion DP1. Anybody has a clue?

Thanks[/quote]

stellarola

stellarola

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

I quote myself to add it's still happening after updating from dp2 to dp3 :(

QUOTE]Why do I get this screen right before the desktop appears? (In 11a419 only)

It happens using either Natit, NVEnabler, ATY_init, dsdt injection, efi string...

My graphics card is a gtx260 which is working perfectly under SL and Lion DP1. Anybody has a clue?

Thanks

Does it do the same thing using the other video out on the graphics card?

YoMuS

YoMuS

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Does it do the same thing using the other video out on the graphics card?

Dvi-1 is Plugged to the monitor. Dvi-2 to a LCD tv. Tried to Remove the tv but dame result.

Again, under dp1 works flawlessly.

Jordan2Delta

Jordan2Delta

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Finally got my GTX 570's to work and get past the PCI CONFIGURATION error. I was using HDMI and it didn't even cross my mind to use DVI, but once I did the system stuck on PCI CONFIG for a few seconds then flashed and worked perfectly. Didn't even see the rest of the verbose mode output. All I needed was ATY_Init 64 bit and my devce ID (1081) in the NVDAGF100.kext.

Edit: Full
Partial success on my dual VGA (nvidia + ATI) setup. :(

Now the only thing left is testing it without the ATI card.
Edit:
Single card (GTX 570) works as well!! But there seems to be a problem with performance. When having two cards installed the GTX had about 43fps and now only 10fps in Cinebench's OpenGL benchmark. QE/CI seems to be working though. However it still shows only 512MB out of 1248MB VRAM.

Mine was also stuck on "PCI config begin", but after a couple seconds the screen changed to black, grey and blue and then......Voila! there was the Lion desktop. My first successful boot and login after 7hours and trying out many different things.

I think what really happens there..... the screen is actually freezed and Mac OS is continuing loading kexts etc.
You can test it when you press space or enter key. Usually you can see moving the cursor.

ATIinit loaded my GTX 570 as a generic GeForce with 512MB RAM. Ok, that needs to be corrected in the future, but QE/CI seems to work fine because of the water ripples in Dashboard. :D

There is one more thing though. I need to do some restarts and delete
System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches

because it often hangs at
nstat lookup entry failed: 2
nspace-handler-set-snapshot-time: 1303230505

Does anybody know what that could mean? :D

I quote myself to add it's still happening after updating from dp2 to dp3 Posted Image

Thanks

I don't know exactly, I guess it's because of random 0s and 1s bits left in the VRAM of the graphics card.

In my case the ATI 5770 shows sometimes the same before getting to the login screen (=first time initializing high level QE/CI driver so to speak). Sometimes I have to do a restart because the monitor turns on and off itself.

I've never had these symptoms when I had a GTX 275 on Snow Leopard though.

madcabbit

madcabbit

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Could you be a little more detailed about this? What do you mean when you say you setup the drive again with the right permissions, why weren't they right in the first place?

This leads me to believe something went wrong with the update that screwed up the permissions so that FakeSMC won't load? I'm a little confused

"No owners" was not letting me chmod. Starting over and making sure I could set permissions helped.

fantomas1

fantomas1

InsanelyMacaholic

• Supervisors
  • 2,720 posts

fantomas1,

With your lion install on MBR, can you dual boot Snow Leopard and Lion with the same bootloader?

All the best,

NCXP2005

yes !! but without autostart !!! :lol:

Attached File  Screen_Shot_2011_04_20_at_04.02.11.png   265.36KB   105 downloads

asapreta

asapreta

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
Some days I have a hard time trying to boot Lion.

I use chamaleon as its on the same sata (Jmicron) as Snow. Of course I'm aware of DF error, but when I try 5-6 times and it doesn't boot I give up.

When I used ##### I needed to have it on Intel sata and this is not good to me bacause I need to change all my setup as these ports are configured to RAID on my Windows setup.

XPC recognizes the Jmicron but even on Intel it freezes my USB keyboard, so I can't do anything.

You guys have any ideas why it freezes the keyboard?

fantomas1

fantomas1

InsanelyMacaholic

• Supervisors
  • 2,720 posts
hi asapreta :)

the reason of the freeze of the keyboard is the regulating of the setting.plist!!

an example, when I try to make acknowledge my PC as one MacPro3,1 or 4,1, my keyboard freeze on the boot screen and impossible to start, therefore it is that it does not accept these regulating for my PC!!

On the contrary if I delay setting.plist by default (it acknowledges my PC as MacBookPro8,3, I believe), there he starts normally !!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy