• Please log in to reply
455 replies to this topic

Emperor_Mittens

Emperor_Mittens

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

just follow the 1st page procedure and it will be fine. did you remove the extra 12gb ram????

I've tried your solution with a number of different boot programs. Nawcom will not load to the Apple installation screen, however, two others will. I believe my BDROM drive is the main cause of my installation problems. Input / output errors abound in both preboot and Apple installation screen.

I will use another computer to install Mac OS X to a USB drive (when it arrives), and then use it with my L701x. I'm hoping that SAM Multimedia issues are not a persistent problem once I'm using it with my Dell...

*Crosses fingers*

vladlenas

vladlenas

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

I've tried your solution with a number of different boot programs. Nawcom will not load to the Apple installation screen, however, two others will. I believe my BDROM drive is the main cause of my installation problems. Input / output errors abound in both preboot and Apple installation screen.

I will use another computer to install Mac OS X to a USB drive (when it arrives), and then use it with my L701x. I'm hoping that SAM Multimedia issues are not a persistent problem once I'm using it with my Dell...

*Crosses fingers*

Try mine

Attached Files

johnie89

johnie89

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey

Just wondering will the L701X_Files_v3 work with the exact same spec as you have except I've got
the NVIDIA GeForce GT 435M (1024 MB) and the Intel Core i5-560M.

I'll have a go at it later anyways, I just wanted to see if anyone knows if I'm gona have problems :)

Thanks
~J

johnie89

johnie89

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hey

Just wondering will the L701X_Files_v3 work with the exact same spec as you have except I've got
the NVIDIA GeForce GT 435M (1024 MB) and the Intel Core i5-560M.

I'll have a go at it later anyways, I just wanted to see if anyone knows if I'm gona have problems :)

Thanks
~J

I've tried your method above. I was able to install Mac OSX (10.6.0) without any issues until I tried updating to 10.6.6 using the Combo update. The update gets near to the end and then while running the scripts the following kernel panic happens.

I've included a pic.

Attached File  IMAG0013.jpg   1.43MB   52 downloads

If anyone could help out with any advice I'd be really grateful :)

vladlenas

vladlenas

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

I've tried your method above. I was able to install Mac OSX (10.6.0) without any issues until I tried updating to 10.6.6 using the Combo update. The update gets near to the end and then while running the scripts the following kernel panic happens.

I've included a pic.

Attached File  IMAG0013.jpg   1.43MB   52 downloads

If anyone could help out with any advice I'd be really grateful :(

Download 10.6.6 Upd.,install,reboot and try this 10.6.7

one9092002

one9092002

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Interests:hackintosh,networking,programming graphic design,video editing

Posted Image

DELL L701X GUIDE!
(WorkInProgress)
a guide for install Snow Leopard and create a fantastic hackintosh (HEAVY) laptop.

Hardware Configuration:
CPU : Intel Core i7-740M
Chipset : Intel Ibex Peak-M HM57, Intel Lynnfield
RAM : 4GB DDR3-1333 (2X2 - 2Slot free)
Video : NVIDIA GeForce GT 445M (3072 MB)
Monitor : 1600X900
Audio : Realtek ALC665
HD : 500GB Sata
WiFi : Intel WiFi Link 1000 BGN (switched to Dell 1510, works OOB)
Ethernet : Gigabit Ethernet Realtek 8168

What work:
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 445M (3072 MB)
- HDMI Video out
- Realtek ALC665
- Gigabit Ethernet Realtek 8168
- 2MP Webcam
- Bluetooth
- Synaptic TrackPad (with 2 finger scrolling)
- Keyboard
- USB Ports (all 2.0 and 3.0)
- Deep Sleep (But No USB2 ports after resume!)

What not work:
- Intel WiFi Link 1000 BGN (switched to Dell 1510, works OOB)
- Sata Port (Not Tested, but probably work)
- SDCard Reader (Not Tested)
- HDMI Audio out
- Display Port (Not Tested)
- DVB-T card (Not Tested, but probably not work)

Bench:
GeekBench v2.1.12 result: 5200
XBench 1.3 (Without HD)result: 130

Installation
  • Use nawcom Mod CD 0.3.1 and a 10.6.3 DVD or USB image.
    NOTE: if you use like me a Installation from USB, don't use USB3 port.
    NOTE: deselect custom option in OSX installation from nawcom before install.
    Install on the first partition on an MBR or GPT HD.
  • After the installation Finish, reboot, and start the partition with nawcom.
  • Copy all necessary files on your desktop (USB not work after 10.6.6 installation)
  • Install 10.6.6 Combo Update dowloaded From Apple Website
  • Reboot and restart your partition with Nawcom.
  • Now, install Chameleon, i have used r699 by iReset, Downloaded Here
    Copy Extra Folder from attached file in your root.
    Delete AppleHDA.kext and IOAudioFamily.kext in System/Library/Extensions of your installation partition.
    Copy the files in "System-Lib-Ext" from attached file in System/Library/Extensions
    Run Kext Utility for repair permissions, recreate system cache And Reboot.
  • Boot From Your Installed Partition
  • Now install tonymacx86 NVIDIA Update, I have used 1.0.1(current).
  • Reboot
  • Now install Lnx2Mac's RTL81xx Driver
  • Reboot

NOTE: If you want DeepSleep, open Terminal and type: sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 5
NOTE: In the attached files is present a .icc for LG LCD panel Profile from ironnerd(notebookreview.com)
NOTE: Probably this guide works also for L401X and L501X with i7-740QM or i7 840QM CPU.

Future improvement:
- DSDT enhancement (nedd help for USB2 sleep problem)

Changes:
v2:
- DSDT from MaLd0n and Nexos™ in the pack default is the MaLd0n one.
- removed Lan from pack and added to the guide
- most recent FakeSMC and intel kext (tnx MaLd0n)
- other little things
v3:
- Removed VoodooHDA
- New patched DSDT (i patched the MaLd0n) for support ALC665 natively. (TNX vladlenas)
- New AppleHDA.kext and IOAudioFamily.kext. (TNX vladlenas)
- Reverted to 64bit.

theSLug

noob here i need your help

i have dell L502x
i7-2
hm67 chipset
nvidia geforce 525m 1gb

i boot with nawcom cd i cant boot with out the cd

i get error message saying no operating system found plz help i have tryed the 699 chamelon ##### and nothing any ideas?

johnie89

johnie89

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Download 10.6.6 Upd.,install,reboot and try this 10.6.7

But I can't install the combo update 10.6.6 thats the problem.

As I said in my last post, when I run the combo update installation, it crashes just before the end (while "Moving items into place").

vladlenas

vladlenas

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

But I can't install the combo update 10.6.6 thats the problem.

As I said in my last post, when I run the combo update installation, it crashes just before the end (while "Moving items into place").

I apologize, has badly read.

HDMI-AUDIO.
Add in PEGP sec.
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)                    {                        Store (Package (0x2A)                            {                                "@0,AAPL,boot-display",                                 Buffer (Zero) {},                                 "AAPL,slot-name",                                 Buffer (0x07)                                {                                    "Slot-1"                                },                                 "@0,backlight-control",                                 Buffer (0x04)                                {                                    0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00                                },                                 "@0,pwm-info",                                 Buffer (0x18)                                {                                    /* 0000 */    0x02, 0x18, 0x00, 0x64, 0xAE, 0x5A, 0x01, 0x00,                                     /* 0008 */    0x08, 0x52, 0x00, 0x00, 0x82, 0x10, 0x00, 0x00,                                     /* 0010 */    0x00, 0x04, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00                                },                                 "@0,display-cfg",                                 Buffer (0x04)                                {                                    0x03, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00                                },                                 "AAPL,aux-power-connected",                                 Buffer (0x04)                                {                                    0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00                                },                                 "@0,built-in",                                 Buffer (Zero) {},                                 "@0,compatible",                                 Buffer (0x0B)                                {                                    "NVDA,NVMac"                                },                                 "@0,device_type",                                 Buffer (0x08)                                {                                    "display"                                },                                 "@0,name",                                 Buffer (0x0F)                                {                                    "NVDA,Display-A"                                },                                 "@0,use-backlight-blanking",                                 Buffer (Zero) {},                                 "@1,can-hot-plug",                                 Buffer (Zero) {},                                 "@1,compatible",                                 Buffer (0x0B)                                {                                    "NVDA,NVMac"                                },                                 "@1,device_type",                                 Buffer (0x08)                                {                                    "display"                                },                                 "@1,name",                                 Buffer (0x0F)                                {                                    "NVDA,Display-B"                                },                                 "NVCAP",                                 Buffer (0x14)                                {                                    /* 0000 */    0x04, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00,                                     /* 0008 */    0x3E, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x0A,                                     /* 0010 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00                                },                                 "VRAM,totalsize",                                 Buffer (0x04)                                {                                    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x80                                },                                 "device_type",                                 Buffer (0x0C)                                {                                    "NVDA,Parent"                                },                                 "model",                                 Buffer (0x10)                                {                                    "GeForce GT 435M"                                },                                 "rom-revision",                                 Buffer (0x0F)                                {                                    "70.16.25.00.25"                                },                                 "hda-gfx",                                 Buffer (0x0A)                                {                                    "onboard-1"                                }                            }, Local0)                        DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))                        Return (Local0)                    }
in HDEF sec.
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)                {                    Store (Package (0x06)                        {                            "layout-id",                             Buffer (0x04)                            {                                0x99, 0x02, 0x00, 0x00                            },                             "hda-gfx",                             Buffer (0x0A)                            {                                "onboard-1"                            },                             "PinConfigurations",                             Buffer (Zero) {}                        }, Local0)                    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))                    Return (Local0)                }
And in P0P2 sec.
Device (HDAU)                {                    Name (_ADR, One)                    Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)                    {                        Store (Package (0x02)                            {                                "hda-gfx",                                 Buffer (0x0A)                                {                                    "onboard-1"                                }                            }, Local0)                        DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))                        Return (Local0)                    }                }

Attached Files

robcoffee

robcoffee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Excellent work theSlug, because of this thread I picked up an L701X from Dell outlet - refurb unit - i7, 750gb hd and 4gb ram for a steal of £500 + VAT, added 4gb more ram and a 500gb 7200rpm hybrid hd for main boot drive and the Dell 1510 wifi card. Loving the laptop, and thanks to your guide I have Snow Leopard running perfect 10.6.7, touchpad is smooth with side scrolling and full graphics acceleration. If there was a competition for the best Hackintosh laptop, the L701X must surely be near the top!

Attached Files

sybexs

sybexs

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

noob here i need your help

i have dell L502x
i7-2
hm67 chipset
nvidia geforce 525m 1gb

i boot with nawcom cd i cant boot with out the cd

i get error message saying no operating system found plz help i have tryed the 699 chamelon ##### and nothing any ideas?

Have you had any luck in getting it to install and boot up? i am having the same problems on the l702x.

sybexs

sybexs

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

I apologize, has badly read.

HDMI-AUDIO.
Add in PEGP sec.

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)                    {                        Store (Package (0x2A)                            {                                "@0,AAPL,boot-display",                                 Buffer (Zero) {},                                 "AAPL,slot-name",                                 Buffer (0x07)                                {                                    "Slot-1"                                },                                 "@0,backlight-control",                                 Buffer (0x04)                                {                                    0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00                                },                                 "@0,pwm-info",                                 Buffer (0x18)                                {                                    /* 0000 */    0x02, 0x18, 0x00, 0x64, 0xAE, 0x5A, 0x01, 0x00,                                     /* 0008 */    0x08, 0x52, 0x00, 0x00, 0x82, 0x10, 0x00, 0x00,                                     /* 0010 */    0x00, 0x04, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00                                },                                 "@0,display-cfg",                                 Buffer (0x04)                                {                                    0x03, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00                                },                                 "AAPL,aux-power-connected",                                 Buffer (0x04)                                {                                    0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00                                },                                 "@0,built-in",                                 Buffer (Zero) {},                                 "@0,compatible",                                 Buffer (0x0B)                                {                                    "NVDA,NVMac"                                },                                 "@0,device_type",                                 Buffer (0x08)                                {                                    "display"                                },                                 "@0,name",                                 Buffer (0x0F)                                {                                    "NVDA,Display-A"                                },                                 "@0,use-backlight-blanking",                                 Buffer (Zero) {},                                 "@1,can-hot-plug",                                 Buffer (Zero) {},                                 "@1,compatible",                                 Buffer (0x0B)                                {                                    "NVDA,NVMac"                                },                                 "@1,device_type",                                 Buffer (0x08)                                {                                    "display"                                },                                 "@1,name",                                 Buffer (0x0F)                                {                                    "NVDA,Display-B"                                },                                 "NVCAP",                                 Buffer (0x14)                                {                                    /* 0000 */    0x04, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00,                                     /* 0008 */    0x3E, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x0A,                                     /* 0010 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00                                },                                 "VRAM,totalsize",                                 Buffer (0x04)                                {                                    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x80                                },                                 "device_type",                                 Buffer (0x0C)                                {                                    "NVDA,Parent"                                },                                 "model",                                 Buffer (0x10)                                {                                    "GeForce GT 435M"                                },                                 "rom-revision",                                 Buffer (0x0F)                                {                                    "70.16.25.00.25"                                },                                 "hda-gfx",                                 Buffer (0x0A)                                {                                    "onboard-1"                                }                            }, Local0)                        DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))                        Return (Local0)                    }
in HDEF sec.
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)                {                    Store (Package (0x06)                        {                            "layout-id",                             Buffer (0x04)                            {                                0x99, 0x02, 0x00, 0x00                            },                             "hda-gfx",                             Buffer (0x0A)                            {                                "onboard-1"                            },                             "PinConfigurations",                             Buffer (Zero) {}                        }, Local0)                    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))                    Return (Local0)                }
And in P0P2 sec.
Device (HDAU)                {                    Name (_ADR, One)                    Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)                    {                        Store (Package (0x02)                            {                                "hda-gfx",                                 Buffer (0x0A)                                {                                    "onboard-1"                                }                            }, Local0)                        DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))                        Return (Local0)                    }                }

Vladlenas Does your ALC665 kext only work with a dsdt? The l702x uses the same audio as the l701 and I cant seem to get it to work. I am pretty new with dsdt editing and I am not sure if it would have to be remapped.

Also do you plan on releasing a non-dsdt version?

vladlenas

vladlenas

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Vladlenas Does your ALC665 kext only work with a dsdt? The l702x uses the same audio as the l701 and I cant seem to get it to work. I am pretty new with dsdt editing and I am not sure if it would have to be remapped.

Also do you plan on releasing a non-dsdt version?

There are no problems, try and write result.

Attached Files

styleminister

styleminister

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
isn't there any chance out there to get the Intel WiFi Link 1000 BGN work properly? and if, why it's that difficult? :(

vladlenas

vladlenas

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

isn't there any chance out there to get the Intel WiFi Link 1000 BGN work properly? and if, why it's that difficult? :(

Is not present what in the near future.

bombadil7

bombadil7

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
hi, i want to buy a DELL 1510 wlan card, the install mac os on my xps 17

1. can i use this card also with windows 7 (i want to try a dual boot for first)

2. it's difficult to remove the intel card and install the new one?

thanks for the help

vladlenas

vladlenas

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

hi, i want to buy a DELL 1510 wlan card, the install mac os on my xps 17

1. can i use this card also with windows 7 (i want to try a dual boot for first)

2. it's difficult to remove the intel card and install the new one?

thanks for the help

1.Perfectly works.
2.Five minutes of work.

Grandefede

Grandefede

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
I installed a retail leo whit combo upgrade at 10.6.7, I installed some programs and everything work, but everytimes, when on desktop there is an animation (as dock) the system freezes.
May be nvidia driver problem?

tjesis

tjesis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

I installed a retail leo whit combo upgrade at 10.6.7, I installed some programs and everything work, but everytimes, when on desktop there is an animation (as dock) the system freezes.
May be nvidia driver problem?

I have exactly the same freezes with 10.6.7.
Have not tried with 10.6.6

Hopefully there is an easy fix for this.

vladlenas

vladlenas

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Grandefede,tjesis.And what videocards at you.

bombadil7

bombadil7

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
thanks vlad..

anyway i have always kernel panic after installing the kexts.. FakeSMC error

i installed 2 times the system, i put the kexts and fix permissions.. but everytime i boot after putting fakesmc the system got kernel panic.. i neither can enter safe mode.. same error

please help me =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy