455 replies to this topic

Noom

Noom

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
Hi theSlug/Guru,

Regarding theSlug works, I guess his method will work with XPS L501x as well since they are identical with each other just the difference in screen size. Am I correct?.

I just wonder if this laptop will work with #####+##### or not.

What are parameter you used?. -v -x cpus=? GraphicsEnabler=? etc...

Since I didn't see nVidia Logo on the laptop (on google), I wonder if this xps has switchable graphic card between nVidia and Intel HD or it just has only dedicated nVidia card. If laptop show nVidia logo on palm rest that means it is dedicated graphic card otherwise it's not.

If it has switchable graphic cards between nVidia and Intel HD, how do you disable intel HD card?. In bios?. Cause I knew that Vostro 3xxx late 2010 model has switchable graphic card between nVidia and Intel HD and it didn't work with snow leopard cause we can't disable intel HD card in bios.

Thanks in advance.

theSlug

theSlug

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
The i7 740 not have swithable graphic card, only nvidia card inside. The i3/i5 and the new l702x/l502x model with i7 have swithable graphic, and disabling intel HD video card is not possible in bios for all model.(is inside the cpu)
This guide is for i7 without intel graphic card, if you want to test it swithable "nvidia optimus" graphic, please. Report.
##### not work for me.

Byebye

TheSLug

theSlug

theSlug

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
this night i have switched the intel n1000 wifi card with a new dell 1510. works OOB, recognized:
en1:
Card Type: Third-Party Wireless Card
Supported PHY Modes: 802.11 a/b/g/n
Supported Channels: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 36, 40, 44, 48, 52, 56, 60, 64, 100, 104, 108, 112, 116, 120, 124, 128, 132, 136, 140, 149, 153, 157, 161, 165
Wake On Wireless: Supported

:)

Noom

Noom

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
Hi theSlug,

Thanks for your answers and happy with you on successful swapping intel n1000 wifi card with a new dell 1510.

I'm unlucky installing SL on my laptop Sony Vaio VPCF132FX/B, with core i7-740QM which has no integrated intel card, with #####+#####. Even I follow your method and success but stuck with low resolution of graphic card. I don't know what happened. I'm going to sell this laptop and buy a new one for sure.

Regarding to new macbook pro, 2nd generation of core i5, i7 (including intel HD 3000 integrated graphic card), I guess 10.6.7 will work for all laptop model equipped with 2nd gen intel core i5 and i7, regardless of dedicated or integrated graphic cards at all. It will be the best case if 10.6.7 or 10.7 Lion which apple will release soon support back to old intel HD card. That means we can buy laptop which has only integrated graphic card on it which is pretty cheap now. I'm still waiting to hear the good news.

Thanks.

ReaveN

ReaveN

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Hi theSlug!

I have the same computer, but I know if my SnowLeo 10.6.0 DVD I used for installation, or should I have version 10.6.3, I would greatly appreciate you to tell me that.

Saludos from Mexico! :P

theSlug

theSlug

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
i need help for the current 2 bug (usb2 after sleep and alc665 full support)
alc665 is the same of AW m11x and other DELL laptop, but i not have found nothing. :unsure:

@ReaveN
i only tested 10.6.3 for installation, if you try a 10.6.0 dvd please report the result(i add it to the guide), or buy a 10.6.3 dvd :help:

@Noom
Netkas write not good news for fermi on 10.7 :help:

byebye

TheSLug

theSlug

theSlug

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
GREAT NEWS ON ALC665 front!!!

the user vladlenas make a patched APPLEHDA and a DSDT patch for make it native. this is the original post:

Hi I have done for our laptops AppleHDA.kext,.
1 Uninsall VoodooHDA.kext and restart.
2 Put in DSDT Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized) in HDEF sect.
3 Install AppleHDA.kext, and IOAudioFamily.kext restart.
3 Write me result

now i make a new PACK with the patched DSDT and the new files, and update the guide!!! :P

GREAT THANKS!!! to vladlenas from ALL ALC665 user!!!!

theSLug

Attached Files

Sai.Raghu.31

Sai.Raghu.31

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Hi theSlug,

I am most probably also going to be getting the Dell XPS 17 (L702X) but some of my hardware is different from yours:

Hardware Configuration:
CPU : 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i7-2720QM processor 2.20 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 3.30 GHz
Chipset : Intel HM67
RAM : 6GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3 Memory
Video : NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 555M 3GB graphics with Optimus
Audio : Realtek ALC665
HD : 640GB Sata
WiFi : Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1000
Ethernet : Not Sure Where To Get This Info. Sorry.

So as you can see, my CPU and chipset are different from yours. I just wanted to know if that will interfere with the installation process that you have provided. Also my graphics card is different, although not by much, but I was also wondering if that will affect whether my QE and GL would function properly because I noticed from my attempts to install Snow Leopard on my Dell Inspiron 530 that without QE/GL, Pages would only show a blank document everytime. Since, I plan on doing my work on this notebook, I just wanted to know if those would be working.

Finally, the network card I plan to get is Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1000 but I have the option of getting these other two:

Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1030 and Bluetooth 3.0
Intel© Centrino© Advanced-N 6230 and Bluetooth 3.0

Would Wifi work if I choose to get any of these two? Because on my Netbook, which is running Leopard 10.5.7, I use a Belkin F6D4050 USB adapter. If that works on Snow Leopard, then I can just get the Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1000.

I realize that since you do not have the same issues, you cannot predict what is going to happen once the installation process begins but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

theSlug

theSlug

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
@Sai.Raghu.31
installing osx is not an exact science :P
theorically this is the situation for the new dell L*02X:
- intel wifi not work...
- new CPU and MB probably works with the 10.6.3 dvd from 2011 macbook and a new chameleon.
- audio works with vladlenas work.
- video probably works in the near future, but it is not a certainty

theSlug

theSlug

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
new version of AppleHDA from vladlenas is OUT!!!
more info here: http://www.tonymacx8...a1354949#p99575

:D

theSlug

theSlug

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
last GeekBench after 10.6.7 installation (i used COMBO-new audio files-kext utility---reboot---tonymacNvidia---reboot for update)

http://browse.geekbe...ch2/view/384572

5942... not bad :)

ReaveN

ReaveN

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Excelent theSlug! i have now SnowLeo 10.6.6 in my XPS!!! but today will update to 10.6.7 :)

I use the DVD Retail of Snow Leopard 10.6 and i have no problems :D

not work for me:
- SDCard Reader
- Intel WiFi Link 1000 BGN (:P)
- TV Capture Card.

thx! :D

ReaveN

ReaveN

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
i updated to 10.6.7 but my sound card is not work... i try method of AppleHDA from vladlenas but i not understand the "DSM Method" what is this method??? i need help.

PD. sorry for my stinky english, im mexican :thumbsup_anim:

theSlug

theSlug

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
Dsm is included in my last dsdt in v3pack.simply add the new files from vlad and recreate cache with kext utility before reboot.

ReaveN

ReaveN

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
excelent! i have now 10.6.7 hehe my WiFi is a TP-Link TL-WN321G-V4-USB is work very good.

thx for all theSlug! :unsure:

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

theSlug

theSlug

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
in the next pack i want to include this:
http://www.kexts.com..._zephyroth.html
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=238847
and this:
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=236835

after test :)

vladlenas

vladlenas

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Good news Lion 10.7 v2

WTSnake

WTSnake

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
What about L702x? I'm going to buy next week the one with i7 2630qm and GT555m. I supose it should have to work, socket 1155 Sandy Bridge are working without any problems, so I don't know why Sandy Bridge laptot processor shouldn't work, and the GT555m is just a renamed GT445m, the same chip a little bit faster.

Emperor_Mittens

Emperor_Mittens

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi guys,

N00b here any help with my XPS would be greatly appreciated :). I've tried installing 10.6.3 retail DVD on my L701x through several bootloaders and even when I get through all the bootstrap trace BPT and SAM multimedia issues installation freezes in the installation of Snow Leopard.

I've tried uninstalling 12GB of RAM and only using one of my two HDDs for alternative bootloaders to the one mentioned here like ##### but the result is invariably the same. Freezing and saying necessary support files could not be copied on installation.

Whilst waiting for an external hard drive I'm going to attempt to image my genuine software on one HDD to copy to the other HDD. I've looked up support for specific issues and none seems to be helpful or remedied to my situation. It's unlikely to be a hardware fault as the system performs on Windows as expected and it is only 4 months old.

Thanks for the support guys :). Any Q's and I'll get back to you ASAP. Hopefully I just missed something obvious!

Computer Specs:

i7 840QM, 16GB RAM, 1.28TB (2x640GB) HDDs, 3GB GeForce GT 445M, BDROM drive, TV tuner etc.

gr8dar

gr8dar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi guys,

N00b here any help with my XPS would be greatly appreciated :) . I've tried installing 10.6.3 retail DVD on my L701x through several bootloaders and even when I get through all the bootstrap trace BPT and SAM multimedia issues installation freezes in the installation of Snow Leopard.

I've tried uninstalling 12GB of RAM and only using one of my two HDDs for alternative bootloaders to the one mentioned here like ##### but the result is invariably the same. Freezing and saying necessary support files could not be copied on installation.

Whilst waiting for an external hard drive I'm going to attempt to image my genuine software on one HDD to copy to the other HDD. I've looked up support for specific issues and none seems to be helpful or remedied to my situation. It's unlikely to be a hardware fault as the system performs on Windows as expected and it is only 4 months old.

Thanks for the support guys :) . Any Q's and I'll get back to you ASAP. Hopefully I just missed something obvious!

Computer Specs:

i7 840QM, 16GB RAM, 1.28TB (2x640GB) HDDs, 3GB GeForce GT 445M, BDROM drive, TV tuner etc.

just follow the 1st page procedure and it will be fine. did you remove the extra 12gb ram????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy