• Please log in to reply
257 replies to this topic

Th3 A1R

Th3 A1R

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Aight, this is what I am having problems with. I have put the Leopard ISO on a DVD, but I just want to "overwrite" Tiger. Instead of Dual Booting. Is this possible?

Cubric

Cubric

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
I have downloaded leo from demonoid and couldnt get it to install. i couldnt even get the installer to run on start up. i even burnt it to a SL DVD and tried running from that and it still doesnt work. help?

mdjs2002

mdjs2002

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi all,
same old question, and it probably has already been asked but...

Ive got Leopard, and I am trying to install on to a MacBook (2Ghz, 1Gig Ram & 80Gig HDD model).
I have both SL and DL versions on disks, but every time I go to install it restarts and boots directly into Tiger.

I have tried holding down C on boot, Option Key, D, everything that has been suggested, but still it just goes past ignoring the pressed keys and boots into Tiger.

Disk utils wont allow me to partition the HDD, and I dont have a firewire conection for my Ipod (60gig).
I also tried setting the boot disk to the install disk, but still boots to Tiger.

What am I doing wrong???

mdjs2002

mdjs2002

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
:)
Installed and working 100%

I got a firewire cable for my 60gig Ipod, and used Disk utils to copy the full DMG file over, restarted holding the option key and installed 10.5 with no hassels.

Since then I have used Bootcamp, and set a 20gig partition, and installed Vista on to it, just for the hell of it, and since I was on a roll. The only plan I have for Vista is to let me see how it runs, i plan to remove it soon enough and reclaim the lost space.

[Edited to add]
And yes, I did download 10.5, from the newsgroups, but I dont feel guilty as I am buying it when I order my new Mac pro in the next month.

veresdaniel

veresdaniel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I just upgraded my configuration to be "fully" compatible with osx. So now I have the following hardware:

Asrock ConRoe 1333 667 mobo / earlier: ASUS P5GDC Deluxe
Intel Core2Duo 6750 CPU + factory cooler / earlier: P4 540 3.2GHz + Titan cooler
2x1 GB 667 MHz DDR II 667 RAM / 1024 MB DDRI RAM
Captiva 7300GS 256MB PCIe VGA Card / ATi x600 128MB PCIe VGA Card
80 GB SATA internal HDD
NEC 4550 PATA DVD-RW
Standard external USB case with 250 GB PATA HDD
original apple keyboard + usb mouse / PC keyboard+usb mouse
Samsung SyncMaster 940n lcd monitor

The upgrade matched with my waits, now i'm writeing this post on my osx 10.5.1 (with EFI) hackintosh. :)

Here's my step-by-step install:

1. Download and burn IATKOS 1.0 DVD
2. Boot up with install dvd and at the begining of the installation process format your boot partition with DiskUtil.
3. Follow the installers instrucions and install osx.
3.1. I added the following patches: modified AppleSMBIOS.kext, Nvidia drivers, EFI patch.
4. After install in the wellcome screen I needed to pull off my ethernet cable otherwise os didn't allowed me to go through the "user data inport" point.
5. Reboot and wait for os loading.
6. If Leo doesn't loads, you should try to boot again with install disk and use Darwin Boot installer in utilities. I needed to install manually Dawin in my disk0s1 partition.
7. Reboot and enjoy osx.

That's all normally, BUT:

I osx didn't recognized my DVD-RW, Time Machine and Missing Sync didn't worked. So:

8. I googled and found the next: http://forum.osx86sc....php?f=3&t=2065
9. Downloaded the ToH kexts and installed to /System/Library/Extensions.
10. Repaired permissions and I did a reboot.
11. Here was nice kerner panic. ;)
12. Reinstalled IATKOS 1.0 over the freshly installed Leo. (see above the install process), but didn't format the HDD this time.
13. Everything worked perfectly, BUT I didn't had administrator rights.
14. Googled and found a nice how-to: you only need to do the following to make a new admin in single user mode:
14.1. boot osx with +s key pressed on boot or darwin with -s flag.
14.2. mount -uw /
14.3. rm var/db/.AppleSetupDone
14.4. reboot
15. Now go though again on postinstall steps. (user data, .mac offers, ect..)
16. Load osx and delete your previously added user(s).
17. Enjoy.

Maybe this is something configuration-dependent bug, but I hope my lines could be help someone.

If you have any idea how to avoid the double installation, pls write... or PM me with any suggests or questions.

n/a/n/a/n/a

n/a/n/a/n/a

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Hi friends! Like most of you all i tried for weeks until finally I managed to install leopard on my Sony Vaio Sz-320p/c. However I have a little problem guys, am tired of searching and looking everywhere for posts or web help of how to make my integrated web camera and Microphone to work!!! I NEED IT URGENTLY! Also my wireless is not working but am not soo worried about that. Guys PLEASE if any of you knows, has a clue, saw somewhere how to do this please let me know or post me back or even send me an email to 07058976@brookes.ac.uk. See how badly i need it that im even giving my e-adress. Well guys I thank you all in advance. If anyone needs help or something please ask me ill try to do my best!.

HAPPY NEW YEAR COLEGUES!

Sincerely, Venezuelan PIMP

----------

Sony Vaio SZ series
Intel Core 2 Duo 1.87GHz
1Gb Ram (512 x 2)
Audio (Sigmatel): Working Patched
Enthelnet (Yukon): Working (modified in Terminal)
Mic & Cam: Not Working (not clue what brand or model they are)
Graphic Card: NVidia not working, Intel Yes

hackproof

hackproof

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Is this possible on a sony vaio vgn-fs315b i have the image iso 6.5gb is there any way to boot and install it from the internal hddd

Macgaiver

Macgaiver

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I would like to know how do I can activate and make BOOT normally with the Leopard.
Performed whole process of installing on my PC, but to do restart the terminal of the DVD script "9a581PostPatch.sh" and at the final answer "Yes" to remove the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext. And "Yes" to Restart.
And I have no BOOT: (

How should I proceed to achieve enable Boot of my Leopard.

ISO was used:
ToH_x86_9A581_RC2.iso MD5 ->

Specifications of my PC.
Placa Mother: Intel D975XBX2
Processsador: Intel Core Quad Q6600 - Kentsfild
Video card: NVIDIA Geforce 8500GT

hellknight

hellknight

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Linux, Mac OS X, football (Manchester United Fan). Currently doing Computer Science Engg. from H...
Hey Kiwi, dude you're on AMD Ath,on so I thought that you can just help me out. I downloaded that Kalway DVD of Leopard for my system. The sys config are :-

AMD Athlon 4400+ X2
Jetway JM2A-692-GDG Mobo with ATI x1250 onboard graphics with SM 2.0 and SB 600 Southbridge,
WD 250 GB SATA II HDD w. 16 MB Buffer,
Sony DRU 835-A DVD Writer and 19" Viewsonic 1912w TFT w 1440*900 @ 75 Hz.

Now, when I try to install Leopard on my system I get an errorCannont Copy files to the Partition from /Volumes/System(I think so). Then it asks me to restart the system. I've tried installing a number of times but I get the same error again & agai. What could be the matter? I've formatted my HDD as 30 GB Mac with FAT32 for Leopard and the HDD is set to run in AHCI mode with SATA enabled thorugh BIOS. Please help!!

Update:-

I got it installed on my system. But the problem is that after the sucessful installation I don't see any Mac bootloader, the partition table is
/dev/sda1 - Windows Xp
/dev/sda2 - Leopard
/dev/sda5 - Shared
/dev/sda6 - OpenSUSE 10.3
/dev/sda7 - Ubuntu
/dev/sda8 - swap
/dev/sda9 - Music & Movies

Please help, it staright away boots into OpenSUSE's bootloader, I even tried to add Mac OS X by editing the menu.lst file in OpenSUSE and adding the entry of Leopard via the chainloader option. but all in vain, it says, HFS+ partition error. What should I do, the data is safe and intact. I formatted the partition as HFS+ Journled and it is a primary partition.

Kampu

Kampu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello I have a Big problem installing Leopard 10.5.1
I have tried Installing it as it's mentioned, In fact I have tried all version from 10.4.5 to 10.5.1
The problem is "Still Waiting for root device"
What shall I do to install it. Is SATA HDD Compatible?
Pl. help me out. Its a latest config. system. Do I need some patches for my HDD or Motherboard. I m trying it for the last 2 weeks.
Help me out please!!!

My system config:
Intel Core 2 Duo 2666 MHz
Motherboard : Intel Frostburg DG33FB
Effective Clock :1333 MHz
RAM : Clock 400 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
HDD: Hitachi HDS721616PLA380
Sony DVD CD/RW : SONY DVD RW AW-Q170A

Love_@_1st_Mac

Love_@_1st_Mac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Hello I have a Big problem installing Leopard 10.5.1
I have tried Installing it as it's mentioned, In fact I have tried all version from 10.4.5 to 10.5.1
The problem is "Still Waiting for root device"
What shall I do to install it. Is SATA HDD Compatible?
Pl. help me out. Its a latest config. system. Do I need some patches for my HDD or Motherboard. I m trying it for the last 2 weeks.
Help me out please!!!

My system config:
Intel Core 2 Duo 2666 MHz
Motherboard : Intel Frostburg DG33FB
Effective Clock :1333 MHz
RAM : Clock 400 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
HDD: Hitachi HDS721616PLA380
Sony DVD CD/RW : SONY DVD RW AW-Q170A

I had the same problem.
What i did was to change my HDD. (i had a backup one)
and yes....SATA PATA and SATA II are all compatible from what i know...

Albus Dumbledore

Albus Dumbledore

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hey Kiwi, dude you're on AMD Ath,on so I thought that you can just help me out. I downloaded that Kalway DVD of Leopard for my system. The sys config are :-

AMD Athlon 4400+ X2
Jetway JM2A-692-GDG Mobo with ATI x1250 onboard graphics with SM 2.0 and SB 600 Southbridge,
WD 250 GB SATA II HDD w. 16 MB Buffer,
Sony DRU 835-A DVD Writer and 19" Viewsonic 1912w TFT w 1440*900 @ 75 Hz.

Now, when I try to install Leopard on my system I get an errorCannont Copy files to the Partition from /Volumes/System(I think so). Then it asks me to restart the system. I've tried installing a number of times but I get the same error again & agai. What could be the matter? I've formatted my HDD as 30 GB Mac with FAT32 for Leopard and the HDD is set to run in AHCI mode with SATA enabled thorugh BIOS. Please help!!
Update:-

I got it installed on my system. But the problem is that after the sucessful installation I don't see any Mac bootloader, the partition table is
/dev/sda1 - Windows Xp
/dev/sda2 - Leopard
/dev/sda5 - Shared
/dev/sda6 - OpenSUSE 10.3
/dev/sda7 - Ubuntu
/dev/sda8 - swap
/dev/sda9 - Music & Movies

Please help, it staright away boots into OpenSUSE's bootloader, I even tried to add Mac OS X by editing the menu.lst file in OpenSUSE and adding the entry of Leopard via the chainloader option. but all in vain, it says, HFS+ partition error. What should I do, the data is safe and intact. I formatted the partition as HFS+ Journled and it is a primary partition.

Assuming u're a linux user u should already know that in order to boot any linux u need to specify where ur kernel is located ... i've an iATKOS Leopard 10.5.4 running and it boots from a 200Mb ext3 Partition with only grub installed :D ... i use a bin file named boot_v8(i think it's kalyway's) and with only the line in my grub: kernel (grub partition)/boot/boot_v8 it will send u to leopards bootloader ... i also had a kalyway 10.5.1 working the same way ... i'm a linux user and a spanish one so my knowledge about mac is poor as well as my english :( ... hope it help though it's been a while since anybody post here ...

Dual Boot

Dual Boot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I tryed to update my 10.5.1 Version to 10.5.5 with iAtkos 5i. (dualboot with vista)
But after i reboot it loads the apple logo and then shows this:

Attached File  apple_logo_stopps.jpg   402.14KB   5 downloads

what is wrong?

My hardware:

Dell Xps M1530
RAM 4GB
Intel Core2 Duo CPU T8300 @ 2.40GHz
HDD: Samsung HM320JI ATA Device
TEAC DVD+-RW DVW28SLC ATA Device

Dual Boot

Dual Boot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I tryed to update my 10.5.1 Version to 10.5.5 with iAtkos 5i. (dualboot with vista)
But after i reboot it loads the apple logo and then shows this:

Attached File  apple_logo_stopps.jpg   402.14KB   5 downloads

what is wrong?

My hardware:

Dell Xps M1530
RAM 4GB
Intel Core™2 Duo CPU T8300 @ 2.40GHz
HDD: Samsung HM320JI ATA Device
TEAC DVD+-RW DVW28SLC ATA Device

This Prob is away...
Now it says "Chain Boot Error" When i try to boot.
It copyed the chain0 from cd into C: (replaced old chain0) but it didn't help.
What to do?

quantum22

quantum22

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
plzz i need a help from sm 1 to burn my iatkos iso file onto dvd.
i downloaded iatkos v1.0i (size 2.09 gb) and even checked its md5
checksum jus to make sure that its not a fake one.i used these burning
software lyk nero. magiciso and img burn.but aftr burning the iso
file i can see only 542 kb content in my dad. i might have wasted til nw
3 dvd's and nw its really driving me insane.plz can any tell me in detail
how to burn iso/hfs + file system as im desperate to install .thanks
in advance

stephenqiu

stephenqiu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
That's great.

Mr.KiLLeR

Mr.KiLLeR

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
thanks alot

Adam Fodor

Adam Fodor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello.
I've got a pc with 2 winchesters: 500gb sata and 160gb ide.
On 500gb i have a win xp.
I already have a ToH_x86_9A581_RC2 boot disk.
But! The Leopard installer can't recognize my hard disks only my dvd drive. Why?
Sorry for my english, I am hungarian.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy