Silicon Image release Universal SATA drivers

jester1o1

116 posts in this topic

Well guys I am kind of stuck in a bind here. I dont have windows on this machine and I cant install it anywhere without wiping out a bunch of data.

First I have to apologize for being a n00b.

I followed tomtefar's instructions and everything looked exact but just didnt work.

I set them to concatenation but one for each drive, now when it boots just after the bios it says raid disabled and lists the two drives attached.

Booted OSX and the card was not recognized so next I tried:

ioreg -b -x -l | grep 3132

| | | +-o pci1095,3132@0 <class IOPCIDevice, registered, matched, acti$

| | | "name" = "pci1095,3132"

| | | "IOName" = "pci1095,3132"

| | | "compatible" = <"pci1095,7132","pci1095,3132","pciclass,010$

so then I opened the plist and changed to

<key>IOPCIClassMatch</key>

<string>0x01040000</string>

and still nothing. It does not find it in profiler. Any ideas?

I dont have way to dual boot windows on here or anything.

Also, I cant flash the bios because I dont have another computer I can use. I have only this one and a Mac Book Pro. I will try to talk my brother in law into letting me flash the bios into "base" mode from his PC and then try again with the IOPCIClassMatch put back to how it was.

Is your card using the RAID BIOS or the BASE BIOS?

If it is using the BASE BIOS I guess you should add

<string>0x01010000</string>

or

<string>0x01000000</string>

Just my ;)

EDIT: Sorry, a bit tired. Try reading your line from ioreg that says:

| | | "compatible" = <"pci1095,7132","pci1095,3132","pciclass,010$

at the end is the pciclass, make you window wider and read it. Then add it to the Info.plist (disregard the above mentioned values).

Finally! :P:D:thumbsup_anim:

I got my Speed Dragon Sil-3132 SATA2 Raid Controller workning. I have actually had this card laying around since this thread was started. But at first I had definetly no luck at all.

This is what I did. Starting ~2 month ago. I installed my card and to my suprise this was a RAID only card, and the only way I was able to use this card was if I erased all data on my disks and created a JBOD (1 disk) or some raid configuration (1> disk). :P I didn't want that so I thought I maby could flash this card to a BASE card (Not RAID). However, SiliconImage didn't have any Bios at all on there site, so a googled. Found a IDE bios (Base) 7.3.0 for SiL-3132. :D

Flashing the card was a pice of cake, and at the boot promt my new SiL-3132 card booted just fine. The problem was only that I couldn't find any drivers for Windows nor Osx that was compatible whit my new card. :blink: And then I put this card in a box under my bed until today. :P

After reading Tomtefar's thread about how he got his card up and running (Thx Tomtefar ;)), I got inspiert to try modding the Device IDs and see if that could help. In windows i used the device manager to get the device id of my card, but to my big suprise it was no longer a SiL-3132, it was a SiL-3124 :blink:. I then simply installed Windows SiL-3124 drivers, and it worked (Almost). It worked and I could acces my disk until I rebooted :(. But now when I discovered that the new bios I had flashed my card with actually was for SiL-3132 I again tried to found a other, this time hopfully a real SiL-3132, bios.

Now I found a package including both a RAID and IDE bios, version 7.2.23, reflahed with this file and Success! :shock: Windows recognized a SiL-3132 SATA controller, NON-RAID! :D

Now I have installed the SiL-3132 package for OSX and it works like a charm, no modding needed. :thumbsup_anim:

-------------------------------------------------

So what you guys have to do to convert your Sil-3132 Pci-e RAID card to a workning NON-RAID card is:

1. Simply download the attached Bios package, and reflash with b7223.bin, instructions included.

2. Download drivers from http://www.siliconimage.com/ and install.

3. :yoji:

Hope this can help somone :D

siliconimage_sil3132_bios7223.zip

Great that it works :D ooZberg. My point from the other thread was that it does not really matter if you have a RAID or BASE (IDE, SATA Link etc.) BIOS. If you have the RAID BIOS just define "concatenation" sets for each disk in the RAID BIOS and set your PCIFamilyMatch to what I mentioned in that thread (that one means SCSI-RAID-controller). Ahh well... as long as it works. :D

SUCCESS!!!

I used the bios reflash and it just works! I created a RAID set on my 10,000RPM drives (software raid from OSX) I will now try and get a bootable setup from the 10k set following the other instructions!

AFAIK apple's RAID can only be set under GUID or ppc's partition scheme, not MBR. How did you do this?

If anyone more then I is getting sick of these ugly external-drive-icons:

uglytb4.png

Here is a solution of how you can make your SiL-3132 disks look like normal disks :D

Edit Info.plist, and REPLACE this:

<dict>
  <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
  <string>com.SiliconImage.driver.Si3132</string>
  <key>IOClass</key>
  <string>Si3132</string>
  <key>IOKitDebug</key>
  <integer>0</integer>
  <string>0x01800000</string>
  <key>IOPCIMatch</key>
  <string>0x31321095</string>
  <key>IOProbeScore</key>
  <integer>500</integer>
  <key>IOProviderClass</key>
  <string>IOPCIDevice</string>
  <key>Physical Interconnect</key>
  <string>SCSI Parallel Interface</string>
  <key>Physical Interconnect Location</key>
  <string>External</string>
  <key>Read Time Out Duration</key>
  <integer>30000</integer>
  <key>Write Time Out Duration</key>
  <integer>30000</integer>
 </dict>

with THIS:

<dict>
  <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
  <string>com.SiliconImage.driver.Si3132</string>
  <key>IOClass</key>
  <string>Si3132</string>
  <key>IOKitDebug</key>
  <integer>0</integer>
  <key>IOPCIMatch</key>
  <string>0x31321095</string>
  <key>IOProbeScore</key>
  <integer>500</integer>
  <key>IOProviderClass</key>
  <string>IOPCIDevice</string>
  <key>Serial ATA</key>
  <true/>
 </dict>
</dict>

Maby you will lost the hot-plug feature, because osx doesn't recognize the disks as external anymore, but if you don't care about that, this will probably not do any serious damage to your hardware ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have an ASUS A8N-SLI Premium with the SIL3114 Raid controller onboard. I was wondering what I need to do to get this controller to recognize the SATA drives I have as non-raid (IDE)?

Is there specific drivers that I need to use with OSX to get it to recognize the non-raid drives?

Do I need to flash the MB bios with a bios that contains a non-raid SIL bios? By that I mean downloading and editing the ASUS bios and replacing the raid SIL .bin file with the IDE SIL .bin file as per instructions like these -

What installation source/method should I use to permit the installation to the drive once I can utilize it in a non-raid configuration?

Thanks for all the pointers if you have one...!

JT

asapreta: I would say yes. My (Abit AB9 Pro) integrated 3132 controller works. My addon PCIe 3132 controller works. Other people's controllers work.

Mine works.. (p5wd2 premium)...

You have made any changes on it?

I'll try it this weekend.

Thanks for your answers.