• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5755 replies to this topic

oSxFr33k

oSxFr33k

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:Sound and Graphic Design. Electronics in general.
@MaLd0n,

Wow thanks so much for this. I am trying it shortly. Sorry I did not read sooner I have been trying two new Bios updates FD and FFb Beta.

I see some slight differences in them when I compare all three.

Would your patch work for Bios Version FD and FFB? I have attached them to see if they would interfere or cause any issues with the FB bios Patcher you created for the UD3P Mobo.

Let me know and I will soon have an answer for you on the one you just posted.

Do I need to place all the files you have in Extensions? IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext, JMicron36xATA.kext. Fake and LegacyHDA I understand is needed for sure.

Also do I need the SMBIOS.plist if I am using Chameleon 2 RC5 v619? I see you have mac Version 2,1 in the smbios. What will Chameleon default it to?

Thanks again.

FD Bios:

Attached File  FD.dsl.zip   13.78KB   6 downloads

FFb Beta Bios:

Attached File  FFb_Beta.dsl.zip   13.88KB   3 downloads

EDITED A WHILE LATER:

Thanks for taking the time to create a patcher for UD3P.

Some issues that I cannot figure out. Is the DSDT.aml in the Extra folder ok to use?

No Audio and very very slow boot because of a few errors.

First off Chameleon complains and it keeps telling me that it cannot find smbios several times and I have to hit enter on the keyboard several times.

I am using Chameleon 2 RC5 rev. 619.

FakeSMC loads fine but none of the Monitoring kexts are loading like NSC or ITC for CPU temps etc? Shoudl I just replace the FakeSMC with the one I have been using from Slice's thread? It works great on the GA-G41M-ES2L Mobo.

In Regedit under SMC I do not see CSTINFO so something is happening there.

Memory in System profiler sais "No Information Available"

USBF, AppleUSBE Sleep Enabler and Firewire Consistent Errors.

See Kernel.txt log to view the errors.

Attached File  kernel.txt   14.54KB   6 downloads

Edited Again:

It must be my Bios because I do not see those errors when I boot from my other PC with the same Motherboard. I must have done something to the Bios when upgrading and downgrading it to extract the DSDT for each. It won't let me downgrade back to Bios FB now. SO I am on FD.

I took the Hard drive and booted it with the Other PC with same motherboard and Bios FB and it seemed fine. All of those errors are gone from the other Mobo. Only thing I have to check is SHutdown fix. No AUdio also.

Its looking like that Bios might be corrupted somehow.

I'll get back to you as soon as I figure it out.

Were you able to see if I upgrade to Bios FD and FFb that the patch will work on them to?

Thanks again!!

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

...filling veins with juice of chaos...

• Moderators
  • 11,137 posts
use
Wait=Yes
make sure that the DSDT is being read

send me
ioreg -fl
run on terminal

audio is alc889a?

USE A CLEAN INSTALLATION

1-COPY FOLDER EXTRA TO HD(ROOT) /Extra
a-prepare your DSDT
test this DSDT auto-patcher(EHCI-FRWR)

2-INSTALL Chameleon RC5
3-Reboot
-v

FAKESMC
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=234452

CHAMELEON RC5
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=225766

APPLE LPC
kextstat | grep LPC

Attached Files

oSxFr33k

oSxFr33k

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
@MaLd0n,

kextstat | grep LPC

Returns Nothing

I did a clean install of OSX 10.6.3 and updated to 10.6.4. I did the clean install because I don't remember if I had installed 10.6.0 on this drive cleanly or if it was a Scene Release so I did the clean install.

Boot and Extra are in the /dev/Disk0s1 HFS+ partition. I'll move the /Extrra over to the Root Drive to see if that makes a difference or not?

I have The last Chameleon Release 2, RC5 Rev 616. I'll try Rev. 627 shortly.

Im running Slice's FakeSMC for now and will switch later. The errors still happen with Either Mozo's or Slic's FakeSMC.

Wait=Yes did not help. It is reading the DSDT I can see it during the boot. Its reading the /extra in the EFI partition no problem it just cannot find SMBIOS?

I will patch my Ubuntu DSDT extract with Bios version FD and your new patch to see if that works. Will this work on FD and FFb? I Posted the DSDT extracts n the last post.

My Audio is the alc889a so not sure with the issue is?

I will edit this post later with the rest of the results.

Attached Ioreg extracted from terminal and from DSDTSE Ioreg Gui which may be easier to manipulate search and read depending on your taste? I included both.

Attached File  ioreg.txt   362.13KB   4 downloads

Attached File  osxfr33k___s_Mac_Pro_GUI.reg.zip   290.4KB   3 downloads

EDITED A BIT LATER;

Everything is working great on the other GA-EP45-UD3P PC I have. At first Audio and Shutdown was not working not sure why but Audio and Shutdown are fully working. All errors gone. Having the Extra folder in EFI partition is fine no issues.

Kextstat | grep LPC

Yields

56 0 0xffffff7f808cc000 0x3000 0x3000 com.apple.driver.AppleLPC (1.4.12) <9 5 4 3>

I see CPUcst Info in Ioreg now.

I am using the patch on Bios FD even though the DSDT is from FD. I have to assume your patch will work on FB, FD and FFB Bios?

I believe the EHCI DTGP script was needed because shutdown was not working then and is now on this second MOBO.

Thanks for sharing this marvelous patching you came up with. It iwll make everyones life so much easier.

Sorry about all the issues I have had, but all resolved now.

I would like to post an Asus Maximus Formula SE X38 chipset board DSDT maybe a patch for that to? Let me know I'll post it if you want to have a patch for it?

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

• Moderators
  • 11,137 posts

kextstat | grep LPC

Returns Nothing

Man
The DSDT is not being read
take a look please

let the DSDT edited inside the folder Extra, extract new DSDT and look for fixs...
perl -e 'open(CMD, "ioreg -lw0 \| grep DSDT|") or die; while(<CMD>) { chomp; if($_ =~ /\"DSDT\.?\d?\"=<([^>]*)>/) { $buff = $1; open(PIP, "|xxd -r -p > ~/Desktop/dsdt.aml") or die; print PIP "$1"; } }'

:(

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

• Moderators
  • 11,137 posts

I would like to post an Asus Maximus Formula SE X38 chipset board DSDT maybe a patch for that to? Let me know I'll post it if you want to have a patch for it?

WoW
Yep, Yep :(

send me DSDT(original), ioreg and kextstat

oSxFr33k

oSxFr33k

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
@MaLd0n,

Something went wrong with this MB when going back and forth upgrading and downgrading these three BIOS's. Who knows maybe the FFb Beta caused some issue.

When I boot the Ubuntu Live CD I see this message flash by for a moment:
ACPI Required: No DMI.

That tells me for sure something in the BIOS is corrupted and I cannot Flash it anymore. I can't even save my profile in the F11 save to CMOS. Its weird I have to figure out how to wipe it so either the backup bios rewrites to it or some tool I can use to force flash it.

Only one Catch on the other working EP45 board. After OSX finder window boots in the Fans shootup for a moment then go back to normal RPM and the video related thing happens, like a flash and the Screen freezes. I have to remove power in order to shutdown. I am not sure if this happens with a USB flash drive in or when I do something else. I let you know more on this later.

I am working on this now. I am going to try both the patch before the Firewire and EHCI fixes you provided and after to see if that has anything to do with it.

The Asus Maximus Formula SE X38 chipset is an intersting board. There is a Bios Hack site that they were able to hack a Formula Rampage Bios on the Maximus Formula so that you could have the overclocking features of the rampage on a maximus.

That is the Bios I have in it now would that be ok to patch? I could also downgrade it to a Maximus Formula Bios and extract that DSDT as well.

I will try today or the next day to get this out to you.

What do you want from Kextstat?

I was using ASRBLN DSDT for Gigabyte boards and he even wrote me a custom DSDT for the ASus Maximus. He not around any more over at the EFIXUSers forum but I have to say I am happier with your patching over the other methods of patching done in the past.

Thanks again.

FOLLOW UP:

The strange Behavior with the Screen Flicker and Login Window freezing seems to be because of the MSI graphics card and Chameleon 2 RC5 Rev 616 and 627 so far. I swapped it out for another one and the issue is gone so far.

Babiloe

Babiloe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Hi mald0n..

Yesterday weekend big upgrade...
10.6.4 from 10.6.2
Chameleon 2 RC5 from Aserebln Chameleon 2 RC4 based.
new FakeSMC with Cpu-i
your patched dsdt.aml

Result:
your dsdt.aml with removing OpenHaltRestart.kext .. fan still moving when shutdown..
10.6.4 upgrade... Sleep Enabler KP.. removes the SleepEnabler.kext via macdrive
Chameleon 2 RC5 with P-C states enabled
new FakeSMC creating KP...removed with old one.

What kind kext that still necessary for you dsdt?
OpenHaltRestart.kext/EvoReboot.kext is needed or not
NullCPUmanagement.kext is needed or not

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

• Moderators
  • 11,137 posts

Hi mald0n..

Yesterday weekend big upgrade...
10.6.4 from 10.6.2
Chameleon 2 RC5 from Aserebln Chameleon 2 RC4 based.
new FakeSMC with Cpu-i
your patched dsdt.aml

Result:
your dsdt.aml with removing OpenHaltRestart.kext .. fan still moving when shutdown..
10.6.4 upgrade... Sleep Enabler KP.. removes the SleepEnabler.kext via macdrive
Chameleon 2 RC5 with P-C states enabled
new FakeSMC creating KP...removed with old one.

What kind kext that still necessary for you dsdt?
OpenHaltRestart.kext/EvoReboot.kext is needed or not
NullCPUmanagement.kext is needed or not

Look it
Attached File  Babiloe.zip   1.53MB   30 downloads
Extra and DSDT

into method label DTGP remove_entry;into definitionblock code_regex . insertbeginMethod (DTGP, 5, NotSerialized)\n{\n    If (LEqual (Arg0, Buffer (0x10)\n            {\n                /* 0000 */    0xC6, 0xB7, 0xB5, 0xA0, 0x18, 0x13, 0x1C, 0x44, \n                /* 0008 */    0xB0, 0xC9, 0xFE, 0x69, 0x5E, 0xAF, 0x94, 0x9B\n            }))\n    {\n        If (LEqual (Arg1, One))\n        {\n            If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))\n            {\n                Store (Buffer (One)\n                    {\n                        0x03\n                    }, Arg4)\n                Return (One)\n            }\n            If (LEqual (Arg2, One))\n            {\n                Return (One)\n            }\n        }\n    }\n    Store (Buffer (One)\n        {\n            0x00\n        }, Arg4)\n    Return (Zero)\n}end;into_all scope label _PR code_regex Alias\s\([^\n]+\n removeall_matched;into_all scope label \_PR code_regex Alias\s\([^\n]+\n removeall_matched;into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x001D0007 remove_entry;into device name_adr 0x001D0007 insertbeginMethod (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n{\nStore (Package (0x04)\n{\n"AAPL,clock-id",\nBuffer (One)\n{\n0x01\n},\n"device_type",\nBuffer (0x05)\n{\n"EHCI"\n}\n}, Local0)\nDTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))\nReturn (Local0)\n}end;into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x001A0007 remove_entry;into device name_adr 0x001A0007 insertbeginMethod (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n{\nStore (Package (0x04)\n{\n"AAPL,clock-id",\nBuffer (One)\n{\n0x02\n},\n"device_type",\nBuffer (0x05)\n{\n"EHCI"\n}\n}, Local0)\nDTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))\nReturn (Local0)\n}end;into device label PWRB code_regex (Name\s\()_HID(\,\sEisaId\s\(\"PNP0C0C\"\)\)) replace_matched begin %1_CID%2 end;into device name_hid PNP0000 code_regex IRQNoFlags\s\(\)\n\s+\{(\d+)\} remove_matched;into device name_hid PNP0100 code_regex IRQNoFlags\s\(\)\n\s+\{(\d+)\} remove_matched;into device name_hid PNP0B00 code_regex IRQNoFlags\s\(\)\n\s+\{(\d+)\} remove_matched;into device name_hid PNP0103 code_regex_not IRQNoFlags code_regex Name\s\(([^,]+),\sResourceTemplate\s\(\)\n\s+\{((?:.|\n)*)\}\) replace_matchedbeginName (%1, ResourceTemplate ()\n                    {\n                        IRQNoFlags ()\n                            {0}\n                        IRQNoFlags ()\n                            {8}\n%2})end;into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x001F0000 remove_entry;into device name_adr 0x001F0000 insertbeginMethod (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n{\n    Store (Package (0x02)\n        {\n            "device-id", \n            Buffer (0x04)\n            {\n                0xb9, 0x27, 0x00, 0x00\n            }\n        }, Local0)\n    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))\n    Return (Local0)\n}end;into device name_adr 0x001F0003 parent_label PCI0 remove_entry;into device label PCI0 insertbeginDevice (SBUS)\n{\n    Name (_ADR, 0x001F0003)\n    Device (BUS0)\n    {\n        Name (_CID, "smbus")\n        Name (_ADR, Zero)\n        Device (DVL0)\n        {\n            Name (_ADR, 0x57)\n            Name (_CID, "diagsvault")\n        }\n    }\n    Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n    {\n        Store (Package (0x02)\n            {\n                "device-id", \n                Buffer (0x04)\n                {\n                    0x30, 0x3A, 0x00, 0x00\n                }\n            }, Local0)\n        DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))\n        Return (Local0)\n    }\n}end;into_all all code_regex (Acquire\s\(MUTE,\s0x)....\)replace_matchedbegin%1FFFF)end;into device label PIC set_label begin IPIC end;into device label TMR set_label begin TIMR end;into device label RTC0 set_label begin RTC end;into device label IDE1 set_label begin SATA end;into_all all code_regex TMR replaceall_matched begin TIMR end;into_all all code_regex RTC0 replaceall_matched begin RTC end;into device label SPKR remove_entry;into device label FDC remove_entry;into device label FDC0 remove_entry;into device label LPT1 remove_entry;into device label LPTE remove_entry;into device label UAR1 remove_entry;into device label UAR2 remove_entry;into device label ECP1 remove_entry;into device label MEM remove_entry;into device label ^^RMEM remove_entry;into all code_regex Notify\s\(\\_SB.PCI0.PX40.UAR1,\s0x02\) remove_matched;into all code_regex Notify\s\(\\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.UAR1,\s0x02\) remove_matched;into all code_regex Notify\s\(\\_SB.PCI0.PX40.UAR2,\s0x02\) remove_matched;into all code_regex Notify\s\(\\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.UAR2,\s0x02\) remove_matched;into method label _PTS code_regex_not If\s\(LEqual\s\(Arg0,\s0x05\)\) code_regex ^((?:.|\n)*)$ replace_matchedbegin        If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x05)) {}\n        Else\n        {\n%1        }end

you need a clean installation
or
Remove what does not need
including Extensions.mkext

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

• Moderators
  • 11,137 posts

The Asus Maximus Formula

http://www.insanelym...p...t&p=1574076

Babiloe

Babiloe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
woah thanks mald0n gonna try this tonight... with chameleon included.

dutchiee (=

dutchiee (=

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
this app is amazing, ill work it when i get home tonight ;)

question; i have a p35-dq6. does it matter what version of the bios i have? and also, do i just put all the files from the EXTRAS.zip into my /Extra/Extensions folder? do i need anything else to get it working?

cheers

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

• Moderators
  • 11,137 posts

this app is amazing, ill work it when i get home tonight ;)

question; i have a p35-dq6. does it matter what version of the bios i have? and also, do i just put all the files from the EXTRAS.zip into my /Extra/Extensions folder? do i need anything else to get it working?

cheers

any version of bios

Look it
Attached File  dutchiee___.zip   1.61MB   27 downloads

you could send me an output ioreg?
ioreg -fl

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

• Moderators
  • 11,137 posts
New version, all patches in one package and option to patch an existing DSL or AML file.
Multi-platform version, tested on Mac OS, Linux and Windows.
Requires JRE to run.

IASL version: 20101013

Posted Image

el coniglio

el coniglio

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Very nice mald0n, good job with all these "mobo packs".

Just a suggestion: adding a screenshot of the app window would help people to understand how it works before downloading it. =)

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

• Moderators
  • 11,137 posts

Very nice mald0n, good job with all these "mobo packs".

Just a suggestion: adding a screenshot of the app window would help people to understand how it works before downloading it. =)

done

:)

fbifido

fbifido

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Can you add a about button
that state what version, and last edited, the writer, weblink.....etc

thank you.

BTW: can you ask El, to do this too for his program. Many Thanks

BladeRunner

BladeRunner

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 688 posts
I have been reading as fast as I am able and attempting to learn about DSDT patching. So far, I havent gotten out of the kiddy pool :)

My OS X system is a retail 10.6.0 upgraded to 10.6.4 running on an HP Pavilion model p6240f desktop system. As it says in my sig, the main board has an Intel Core2 Quad with 8Gb ram. windows 7 Premium is installed on the internal sata drive and OS X is installed on an external eSATA hardware Raid1 volume. The system runs the vanilla mach_kernel and currently has no DSDT file in /Extra.

I have used cpu-z under Win7 to learn about the system board and asciidump/acpixtract under Ubuntu 10.04 to get the native acpi tables. I don't know if anyone else in the community is using this same HP platform for OS X or not. So far, I haven't located anyone. I would like to get a correctly patched DSDT made for this system, but I really need help.

Attached File  CPUID1.PNG   102.62KB   45 downloads Attached File  CPUID2.PNG   102.66KB   23 downloads Attached File  CPUID3.PNG   104.86KB   23 downloads

I am currently using chameleon 2 RC5 - not latest build.

My /Extra/Extensions.mkext is built using:
drw-r--r--@ 3 root  wheel  102 Sep 27 08:37 AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext
drw-r--r--  4 root  wheel  136 Oct 19 19:55 IOPCIFamily.kext
drw-r--r--@ 3 root  wheel  102 Sep 27 08:37 PlatformUUID.kext
drw-r--r--@ 3 root  wheel  102 Oct 10 13:17 VoodooHDA.kext
drw-r--r--@ 3 root  wheel  102 Oct 31 11:25 VoodooMonitor.kext
drw-r--r--@ 3 root  wheel  102 Oct 26 07:03 fakesmc.kext

I have three foreign kext in /S/L/E which were supplied by Logitech for my MarbelMouse (trackball)
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 May 18  2009 LogitechForceFeedback.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Oct 11 23:50 LogitechHIDDevices.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 May 31 12:02 LogitechUnifying.kext

kextstat | grep LPC shows:
62	0 0xffffff7f8100d000 0x3000	 0x3000	 com.apple.driver.AppleLPC (1.4.12) <9 5 4 3>

If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it. If I failed to provide the correct information, just let me know what is needed.

Attached File  ioreg.txt   630.07KB   4 downloads
Attached File  HP_p6340f_asciiDump.zip   35.93KB   1 downloads
Attached File  HP_p6340f_acpi.zip   12.12KB   5 downloads

cavallo27

cavallo27

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
Sleep not work.

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,431 posts
@BladeRunner,
Just a point of start, and please sorry for my english. I changed (into HP_p6340f_acpi folder) DSDT.dat to DSDT.aml (just renamed), then opened with DSDTSE 1.4.3 (please sorry is my prefer editor), then save it to dsdt.dsl... which is your base file for modifications now (you can work from this file)... just needed to fix a couple of hexadecimal arguments errors (length = max - min + 1) for do it compilable (search "error" w/o quotes in dsdt.dsl), now is free of compilation errors, just have some warnings (not important). Therefore, from this point you need to apply it all fixes-hacks. I hope this helps. Good Luck.

Attached Files

scalar

scalar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
I need to get around to doing a stable 10.6 install on my Xeon motherboard (supermicro x7dwa-n) soon, would this patcher be of any use? I only did the RTC patch on my existing DSDT because I needed that to get things working under 10.6.1, and got that as far as 10.6.2. I was using a USB key to do my EFI emu loader (cham/pc-efi, so that I could toggle between 10.5.x & 10.6.x easily by choosing the drive) and it had uhci/ehci issues so I went back to just my 'main' 10.5.8 install some time ago. Given there's only a handful of other Xeon users here I've not seen a lot of info but it would be nice to move up so I can use my GTX285 for some quartz composer playingk (since my imac & both macbook pros are slow in comparison.)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DSDT, patcher

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy