328 replies to this topic

violet7

violet7

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Does Keyboard and trackpad also work?

yes it works. today I try to build custom chameleon to undestand what happen with GraphicsEnabler option.

in my case if I enable legacy usb in bios I got a freeze on wake up. I think all problems on samsung series it`s usb.

I post my dsdt bit later.

violet7

violet7

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
gfx restore on wake via cham.
if some one interested I make custom cham boot with nvidia modifications.
to use this disable legacy usb in bios and remove all video bios flags from boot.plist
use GraphicsEnabler=yes
backup your boot file and try my Attached File  boot.zip   103.69KB   180 downloads

I need some more tests . tomorrow I try 2 understand that exactly happen with gfx

scwhar

scwhar

Scwhar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
Thanks Violet7 I tried your boot file and just get black screen, also getting compile errors with your DSDT 2nd edit. So the black screen is in the goes straight to sleep and wakes back up way.

Thanks anyway for your work & I'll be keeping an eye here,sleep is the only thing not working. Spacebar is hanging off though!

On samsung r700, 8600m gt, t5750

violet7

violet7

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Thanks Violet7 I tried your boot file and just get black screen, also getting compile errors with your DSDT 2nd edit. So the black screen is in the goes straight to sleep and wakes back up way.

Thanks anyway for your work & I'll be keeping an eye here,sleep is the only thing not working. Spacebar is hanging off though!

On samsung r700, 8600m gt, t5750

this boot modifed only for NVIDIA cards. as I see Y have ATY. it can`t help 4Y

sweaty

sweaty

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
That spec is for my desktop, the machine I tested on is the Samsung R700 with Nvidia 8600 as mentioned in the post!

And yes I also have two user accounts, can't remember the PW for the main one and it aint saved on this 3rd machine.

unnnamed

unnnamed

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Thank you, for me it works perfect.Maybe there will be a way to get webcam and usb port back. but i have full sleep and wake now :).
@Sweatyone: i think this is for r-series with core i cpu.

joerg74

joerg74

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
@violet7: You said that you have power management and speedstep working by using dumped SSDT-files. Could you please describe this a little more detailed?

I have a R530-Nion with i3 330m CPU and Nvidia 310M...

Thanks in advance

Jörg

violet7

violet7

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

@violet7: You said that you have power management and speedstep working by using dumped SSDT-files. Could you please describe this a little more detailed?

I have a R530-Nion with i3 330m CPU and Nvidia 310M...

Thanks in advance

Jörg

if you have win7 or any Y may dump this tables using Evertest it have acpi tool and put them to cham rc5 loader. or I can post my ssdt files here but I have i3 350m. also you may try Chameleon RC5 mode with mem detection enabled and automatic P-States & C-States generation for native power managment

Malthuss

Malthuss

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
I have high tempurate problem. Cpu still hot. Cpu temp 86c too hot. Where is the fix ?

sfraire

sfraire

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi i have the Samsung r580,,

wireless working
camara working
keybord working

but i cant the track pad to work,, any help would be really useful, if anyone knows how i can solve it thanks

i have 10.6.4

Thanks in advance

----- EDIT -----

Hi everyone i got it to work thanks again!!!

TyTnMonz

TyTnMonz

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
I have R560 and it work quite good as you can see in my signature.
Only WebCam and Stop/Sleep don't works.

MrZeroo00

MrZeroo00

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Mac OS X :P !
Complete package with kexts necessary for the Samsung R530 available here: http://d.pr/MFeG

crencom

crencom

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
I have installed Snow 10.6.5 vanilla on a Samsung NP-R530-JT01US Specs -

Core i3 350m - recognized w/ 10.6.5 update
nvidia 310m - recognized w/ 10.6.5 update and dsdt inject qeci enabled - no nvenabler kexts
4gb memory
Audio - I think it is realtek chipset - Not working VoodooHDA causes KP. All versions tried. Will need to inject it into dsdt likely. need help on it.

Wireless - Works w/ kext
Camera - works
Sleep and Pm works - sleep is pmset 0 - wakes with power button
keypad - works w/ kext
Latest AnVal Bootloader installed. Speedstep cstates and pstates injected by boot.plist
Only kexts in Extra are Fakesmc and ps2 trackpad kexts. No need for Nullcpupowermgmt kext.
No brightness control
No battery icon even with voodoo battery. Need help on this too.
4728 geekbench

If anyone has ideas for the audio, let me know. Advise on any questions on my config.

derekreid

derekreid

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
Not sure if it's anything that you haven't already tried, but here's the VoodooHDA I use (wonder why you get kernel panic?).

I'd love to be able to get sleep working. Do you think yours works because of the AnVal bootloader?

Attached Files

crencom

crencom

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Not sure if it's anything that you haven't already tried, but here's the VoodooHDA I use (wonder why you get kernel panic?).

I'd love to be able to get sleep working. Do you think yours works because of the AnVal bootloader?

I did some testing and sleep works with Chameleon 643 and Anval Boot 5.05. Im using the same boot.plist for both.

derekreid

derekreid

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

I did some testing and sleep works with Chameleon 643 and Anval Boot 5.05. Im using the same boot.plist for both.

I updated my test install to 10.6.5 and did get some weird sleep results...unresponsive mouse and the hard disk sounds like it spins down, but the fans are still going and the screen stays on. Power button brings it back. I'll keep playing with it.

Also, I (rarely)get a panic with VoodooHDA sometimes as well...rebuilding the kextcache with -f boot flag seems to fix it.

unnnamed

unnnamed

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
So with anval and your cameleon sleep works with webcam and all usb ports?
I have edited dsdt to disable to get sleep working. Also no problems with 10.6.5

AndreaV88

AndreaV88

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Guys I've a problem on my R580. Installation of 10.6 works fine but.. when i start update 10.6.4.. KERNEL PANIC before finish. WHYYY?!?!?!

Anyone with R580 can explain to me how?! Many thanks!!

crencom

crencom

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
Dont know what happened here but i'll try again.

Heres how i do it. Your mileage may vary.

Install 10.6 - Reboot -x -v (i have to)

Install 10.6.2 combo - Reboot -x -v

Use pacifist to install IOPLATFORMPLUGINFAMILY.kext from 10.6.4 combo update. I right click and select install to do it.

Reboot -v -x then install 10.6.4 combo. It should run now.

s

unnnamed

unnnamed

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
any way to have sleep and webcam?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy