DSDT editor patcher

• Please log in to reply
991 replies to this topic

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,857 posts

Here is my two dsdt's that are pre-modded.

But i have a CMOS restart issue even with RTC fix

There's just one file there.

It does not have the RTC fix (IO length is 0x08).

kizwan

kizwan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts

as far as the FN keys, the HUD shows up, but don't do anything, because the MAX and MIN values for the BCL are set to 0. so that won't work until we find a way to fix that. Most likely from a Kext and not from the dsdt. But i am not 100% sure.

You can check the BCL code in the DSDT, whether it exist or not. If it doesn't, this means display brightness is not controlled by DSDT, at least not in standard way. It maybe controlled by AMW0 device instead.

I ran geekbench with the 6gigs, the max i got was 4800 something.

dv7-3180us come with Intel Core i7 720QM right? If it is, with this score it shows your CPU running slow (max 1.6GHz). You should get 5XXX. Even if your CPU score 5XXX, the CPU doesn't running in full throttle but at least turbo boost is working.

Mac Man 50

Mac Man 50

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Hi oldnapalm,

I have a HP dv8t-1200 notebook and I'm using Mammoth Boot CD 1.10 which comes with a dsdt.aml file. Couple of folks are also having the following top 5 issues. The same issues are also there for few people who own dv7t-3180 models.

1. Brightness control.

2. Audio w/o using Voodoo kext.

3. Efficient Fan/Temperature management.

4. Fn Key mapping

5. Media controls

Also, some of the information shown on the About Mac and other places are incorrect which I think might be a easy fix. I have attached dsdt.aml (comes with the Mammoth Boot CD 1.10 - http://www.insanelym...howtopic=221653) and also com.apple.Boot.plist and smbios.plist.

For the Brightness issue, I manually did the following:

Device (PNLF)
{
Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))
Name (_CID, "backlight")
Name (_UID, 0x0A)
Name (_STA, 0x0B)
}

I used DSDTE to edit the dsdt.aml by placing the above mentioned method just above Device (PWRB) as suggested here: http://www.mydellmin...g-audio-19.html. I then compiled and it compiled with no errors or warnings and rebooted keeping my fingers crossed and it actually worked.

The Display preferences is able to show the Brightness slider. But, it is always set at maximum and there is no effect in sliding it and also even if I move the slider left or right, it moves to the maximum immediately. So, definitely, I'm missing something.

I would appreciate your help in patching the dsdt.aml to resolve the issues mentioned above.

Btw, kizwan:

Thankd for your replies too and here is the Mammoth's thread on HP dv8t: http://www.insanelym...howtopic=221653

Thanks to all.

Attached Files

kizwan

kizwan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts

Btw, kizwan:

Thankd for your replies too and here is the Mammoth's thread on HP dv8t: http://www.insanelym...howtopic=221653

Ok. Thanks. :)

Hacktrix2006

Hacktrix2006

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

There should have been two files on there but i'll try and use the patches from your distro to re make the DSDT to mac format.

The IO Length with 0x08 might of been the none modded one. But thanks for your help.

If i need help will you be of assistance as this will be for the Mac Community in a shape of a boot-132 cd for lenovo G550 users.

Hacktrix2006

Hacktrix2006

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
Seems the Windows version the latest one is not working the .jar file will not execute at all? anyone else have the same issue.

el coniglio

el coniglio

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Seems the Windows version the latest one is not working the .jar file will not execute at all? anyone else have the same issue.

Yes there is an issue, it comes with an error when trying to unserialize the editorpane object (trying to cast something to AquaCaret). I removed the serialization of the component so it should not happen. I'll attach the updated jar and mail oldnapalm so he can update the download pack.

Attached Files

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,857 posts
Package updated.

oSxFr33k

oSxFr33k

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts
  • Interests:Sound and Graphic Design. Electronics in general.
I am getting an error when I try to compile this DSDT. Its SLice's DSDT with some minor mods I have added the AGP device script copied from the linux extracted DSDT and some stuff script from the M1330 AGP since that is the same Graphics card. I also added the clamshell and sleep fix to the AGP VID section.

Its after this mod I get an compilation error 4096 in DSDTSE and another error in DSDT editor.

I zipped the DSDT_Slice_modified DSL file and a Linux Extracted unmodified AML file for reference.

Attached Files

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,857 posts
You missed 2 "}" at line 5080 (end of AGP and VID devices).

Attached File  DSDT_SLICE_FIXING_AGP_AND_SLEEP.dsl.zip   23.21KB   26 downloads

oSxFr33k

oSxFr33k

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

You missed 2 "}" at line 5080 (end of AGP and VID devices).

Attached File  DSDT_SLICE_FIXING_AGP_AND_SLEEP.dsl.zip   23.21KB   26 downloads

Thanks so much. I dunno how I could have missed that. Would the editor have pointed that out to me?

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,857 posts
Using the editor you would be less likely to make that mistake, using the node edit function.

We can make an automated patch pack for this laptop, so it will be easy for other users to patch their DSDT.

oSxFr33k

oSxFr33k

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Using the editor you would be less likely to make that mistake, using the node edit function.

We can make an automated patch pack for this laptop, so it will be easy for other users to patch their DSDT.

That would be fantastic.

Another compilation error and I cannot at all figure this one out.

The fix comes from this link in the middle of the first post the OPTIONAL IDE FIX.

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=190780

I am getting these two errors:

Users/osxfr33k/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 4383: Field (PCFG, DWordAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
Error 4064 - Object does not exist ^ (PCFG)

/Users/osxfr33k/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 4651: Field (PCFG, DWordAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
Error 4064 - Object does not exist ^ (PCFG)

Here is my near complete DSDT.dsl

Attached Files

Mac Man 50

Mac Man 50

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Hi oldnapalm,

Would you be able to help me out on the dv8t-1200? I
posted a dsdt.aml that is present in the Mammoth boot
cd 1.10 that I'm using.

I have the following issues:

Brightness slider not showing up at all. I added
Device(PNLF) and the slider shows up but has no effect.

Fan silently humming all the time.

Chipset model says Unknown although i'm seeing
1gb video ram.

Fn keys not mapped.

I was told for audio, I need to add device(HDEF) to
dsdt.aml. I don't know how to add the entry.
Does the DSDT auto patcher comes with readymade
device patches?

Thanks for all your help.

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,857 posts
@oSxFr33k:

DSDTSE has this strange bug, if you paste code that contains a comment (//), save and compile, all code AFTER the comment and sometimes the next line in the original code are ignored by the compiler, causing errors. If you paste exactly the same code using other editor, it compiles fine.
Attached File  DSDT_SLICE_FIXING_AGP_AND_SLEEP.dsl.zip   23.22KB   14 downloads

@Mac Man 50:

it's hard to help as I don't have this laptop or any other with similar issues, but El Coniglio has one with the fan issue (it stays always at full speed and after sleep/wake it never turns on again) and we are trying to fix it in DSDT. If we find a fix, maybe it can be applied to your case too.
Have you tried these kexts?
http://prasys.co.cc/...leacpiec-kexts/
I have included some audio patches with the editor (HDEF, AZAL to HDEF and some codec specific), take a look at the patches folder.

oSxFr33k

oSxFr33k

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts
el coniglio,

Thanks for the updated patches and the time you have put into this project.

oldnapalm,

Thank you to for the help and for all the hard work you put into this project.

Have a question about the main difference between these EHCI scripts. Will either one accomplish the same thing and work on the D830?

I tired both and I did not see any difference.

I still have the USB Insertion Error upon wak so nether one of those scripts fix this issue yet it does work for the M1530?

First one was written by Slice for the D830/D630 and the second EHCI script written by Brett for the M11330.

Keep in mind though both the D830/D630 and M1330/M1530 are basically the same 965P chipsets etc, The 8400M Nvidia card in the M1330 is the same chipset Nvidia card in the D830 NVS QUadra 140M. Both are the Nvidia 7300GT chipset.

SLice's D830 EHCI Script:

Device (EHCI)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x001D0007)
OperationRegion (U7CS, PCI_Config, 0x54, 0x04)
Field (U7CS, DWordAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
{
, 15,
PMES, 1
}

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Package (0x06)
{
"AAPL,clock-id",
Buffer (One)
{
0x01
},

"device_type",
Buffer (0x05)
{
"EHCI"
},

"device-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x36, 0x28, 0x00, 0x00
}
}, Local0)
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
}

Brett's M1330 Non CPU Specific EHCI script:

Device (EHCI)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x001D0007)
Name (_S1D, 0x02)
Name (_S3D, 0x02)
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Package (0x0B)
{
"AAPL,clock-id",
Buffer (One)
{
0x01
},

"device_type",
Buffer (0x05)
{
"EHCI"
},

"AAPL,current-available",
0x04B0,
"AAPL,current-extra",
0x02BC,
"AAPL,current-in-sleep",
0x03E8,
Buffer (One)
{
0x00
}
}, Local0)
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
}

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,857 posts
Both patches use method _DSM to inject properties, the main difference is that the first one injects a device ID (I use this patch in my ICH9 desktop, injecting ICH10 IDs to USB devices, and it really fixes sleep), while the second one injects properties "AAPL,current-available", "AAPL,current-extra" and "AAPL,current-in-sleep". About if they work or not in the laptops you mentioned, I can't tell because I don't have any with this "USB Insertion Error" issue upon wake. Can you explain what happens? I didn't understand the issue you have.

oSxFr33k

oSxFr33k

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Both patches use method _DSM to inject properties, the main difference is that the first one injects a device ID (I use this patch in my ICH9 desktop, injecting ICH10 IDs to USB devices, and it really fixes sleep), while the second one injects properties "AAPL,current-available", "AAPL,current-extra" and "AAPL,current-in-sleep". About if they work or not in the laptops you mentioned, I can't tell because I don't have any with this "USB Insertion Error" issue upon wake. Can you explain what happens? I didn't understand the issue you have.

With a flash drive in place. When the system wakes from sleep I get this error:

The disk was not ejected properly. If possible, always eject a disk before unplugging it or turning it off.

I thought it was the disk insertion error. Is this error the same thing though?

Any ideas what I would need to modify in the DSDT script to fix this error?

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,857 posts
Is it the same problem described in this topic?
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=155345

Check this package for the Inspiron 1525, there's a kext EHCISleepEnabler that might help.
http://download.dnfe...525Hackbook.zip

Also the IOUSBFamily may have the patch suggested here
http://www.insanelym...p...t&p=1097648

Some people solved the problem with this DSDT patch suggested by ApexDE, which injects the first and second properties of the patches in your post #76. Notice that "AAPL,clock-id" value is different for each device
http://www.insanelym...p...t&p=1240686

v1sor

v1sor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Guys - great tool and extremely useful to boot! Can I ask a question/make a suggestion?

I've now created a DSDT for my GA-X58A-UD5 motherboard. It works well, but what would be handy is the ability to check the differences between a 'naked' version, and the tweaked version. Then, take that diff file and create a auto patch for others to use.

What do you think?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DSDT, editor, patcher

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy