Fixing the PS/2 driver (ApplePS2Controller.kext)

Tom H

99 posts in this topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
how to install this with no working keyboard?

Boot with:

-x -s -v

*Then only IF you have installed the VoodooPS2Controller installer in the past:

From single usermode terminal, mount read/write:

mount -uw /

Manually copy VoodooPS2Controller.kext to the /System/Library/Extensions/ folder:

cp -r [path]/VoodooPS2Controller.kext /System/Library/Extensions/

Delete ApplePS2Nub.kext, ApplePS2Controller.kext and Extensions.mkext if they excist.

rm -r /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Nub.kext

rm -r /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext

rm -r /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

Reboot:

reboot

*Else if never installed Voodoo2PS2Controller

Copy the original ApplePS2Nub.kext and ApplePS2Controller.kext to Extensions

cp -r [path]/ApplePS2Nub.kext /System/Library/Extensions/

cp -r [path]/ApplePS2Cotnroller.kext /System/Library/Extensions/

Clear Extensions cache (if it exsist):

rm -r /System/Library/Extentions.mkext

Reboot:

reboot

• 5 weeks later...

Just installed the 10.5.8 update and my Touchpad (Trackpad) and Keyboard doesn't work on my Laptop. I upgraded from iDeneb v1.4 (10.5.6) and my touchpad and keyboard was working fine before i upgraded.

I have an Acer Aspire 5310 Laptop.

- Bass

Just installed the 10.5.8 update and my Touchpad (Trackpad) and Keyboard doesn't work on my Laptop. I upgraded from iDeneb v1.4 (10.5.6) and my touchpad and keyboard was working fine before i upgraded.

I have an Acer Aspire 5310 Laptop.

- Bass

I also updated my vanilla iDeneb v1.4 to 10.5.8 and if i use the ApplePS2Controller.kext I get panics.

I can run using my usb KB/Mouse.

So I'm still looking for a fix.

all the files I have tried thus far panic!

I also updated my vanilla iDeneb v1.4 to 10.5.8 and if i use the ApplePS2Controller.kext I get panics.

I can run using my usb KB/Mouse.

So I'm still looking for a fix.

all the files I have tried thus far panic!

Nevermind, luckily before i updated from 10.5.6 to 10.5.8 i made a backup of my extensions using OSX86 Tools and restored them when the update was complete.

My Touchpad, Keyboard, and Sound now work =D

Then I decided to have a go with the chameleon rc2 bootloader and it works great! It looks awsome man i recomend anyone to get it.

Also i had to reinstall the seatbelt kext to prevent kernel panics on mounting dmg's.

What i need to get fixed is the sleep, because it just doesn't work. Before i installed chameleon rc2 i had the command line darwin bootloader and when i went to boot up it said something about sleep failed and hibernate failed, I'm not sure what it said, so that might be a reason why it aint working, but hey the chameleon rc2 might have fixed it??

I will reply with the answer, i will go on check now.

• 3 weeks later...

I've had the horrible problem of being stuck in the first level of Mac post-installation setup due to a key next to left shift not being recognised. How do I bypass this or solve the problem without having to reinstall any system software?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
I've had the horrible problem of being stuck in the first level of Mac post-installation setup due to a key next to left shift not being recognised. How do I bypass this or solve the problem without having to reinstall any system software?

I am at the same spot. Did you try the ApplePS2kexts_10.5.6.ready.zip?

Hi everyone,

Yesterday my Hackintosh worked perfectly, but there was one problem: I couldn't boot into Hackintosh when my power adapter was connected. So I tried to fix that with some drivers (from iATKOS V7, I think it was x86 ACPI and APIC intel SATA/IDE or something I installed). When I did that, I could boot into Mac OS with my power adapter connected, but my keyboard and mouse didn't work.

I tried so much things to make it work again. Downloaded the ApplePS2Controller kexts again and put them into my extensions folder but still couldn't get my mouse working. Deleting and adding some kexts but none combination worked.

I also tried to install VoodooPS2Controller but I couldn't because I can't open the .pkg file without a mouse or keyboard, I couldn't install it from the boot DVD.

So I hope one of you smart guys knows a solution to this problem :).

Gr., Caspar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Boot with:

-x -s -v

*Then only IF you have installed the VoodooPS2Controller installer in the past:

From single usermode terminal, mount read/write:

mount -uw /

Manually copy VoodooPS2Controller.kext to the /System/Library/Extensions/ folder:

cp -r [path]/VoodooPS2Controller.kext /System/Library/Extensions/

Delete ApplePS2Nub.kext, ApplePS2Controller.kext and Extensions.mkext if they excist.

rm -r /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Nub.kext

rm -r /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext

rm -r /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

Reboot:

reboot

*Else if never installed Voodoo2PS2Controller

Copy the original ApplePS2Nub.kext and ApplePS2Controller.kext to Extensions

cp -r [path]/ApplePS2Nub.kext /System/Library/Extensions/

cp -r [path]/ApplePS2Cotnroller.kext /System/Library/Extensions/

Clear Extensions cache (if it exsist):

rm -r /System/Library/Extentions.mkext

Reboot:

reboot

I tried this method, but I can't type anything in. My install went well, but on the first boot,it just goes to the picture of the keyboard and says "Before you begin, please plug in your keyboard". My wireless USB mouse works so hopefully today I'm gonna try find a USB KB and see if that works. I've read some reports that it didn't. The only version I can get running is 10.5.2 by Kalyway, but cannot get my Atheros AR5B91 to kick in. There are no reports of this working except in Snow Leopard where it is actually seen as an Airport card, so this is where I am at as of now. Will post back on the USB KB.

Well. I went and found an old usb kb for ten bucks and away she went. Went through the setup, installed a few of the voodoo kexts, rebooted and my lappy kb is working no prob. My Atheros AR5B91 worked as soon as I entered my password, although my wireless light does not come on, it still works. Ready to do the first update.

It's OK.

first put the kext file in system>library>extensions folder.

Open the terminal (application>utilities>terminal>

type "sudo -s" and then press enter

type chown -R root:wheel /system/library/extensions/appleps2controller.kext

type chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/appleps2controller.kext

type rm -r /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

type rm -r /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

type exit

Restart osx and hopefully it will work.

Hey, i got this working perfectly, then i installed a power mangerment using a .dmg which works well but it killed the PS2 drivers,my trackpad and keyboard just don't work so annoying, i originally followed this install method with much success. even when i right the line " rm -r /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache" it came out with not recognized but it still worked ornainally but now does not please any help would be insane i I'm tormenting my self over this :L!

I'm a not to great with the terminal aswell :S thankyou so much!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Bummer! I thought I'd solved this one finally. I use both PS/2 keyboard and mouse, and have disabled my /etc/rc.local - which is where I did the kextunload/kextload. I haven't seen anymore timeout IOLog's, just probe failed for missing mice.

My final goal is "hot plug" support, assuming you only have 0 or 1 keyboard and 0 or 1 mouse each plugged in the "correct" port.

Thank you,I hope it can work well.

• 3 months later...

Hey guys!

Thanks for the good work.

Finally got my keyboard functional and I am loving the experience of Mac on my Lenovo 3000 N100.

Voodoo PS Fix did not work for me but this kext and the process went well.

Attaching the file here again for the benifit of newcomers.

ApplePS2Controller.kext_1.zip

Still working to get the Trackpad, Sound and Wifi functional. Any help would be welcome.

Cheers!!!

Lenovo 3000 N100 0768 54A

Used EP4UDP method from InsalneyMac. Used my Retail Snow Leopard DVD.

Updated to 10.6.3 without any problems.

Got Laptop keyboard functional now with this Fix. Now looking for Touchpad Functionality.

• 3 weeks later...

Heyyo,

Hey guys!

Thanks for the good work.

Finally got my keyboard functional and I am loving the experience of Mac on my Lenovo 3000 N100.

Voodoo PS Fix did not work for me but this kext and the process went well.

Attaching the file here again for the benifit of newcomers.

ApplePS2Controller.kext_1.zip

Still working to get the Trackpad, Sound and Wifi functional. Any help would be welcome.

Cheers!!!

Lenovo 3000 N100 0768 54A

Used EP4UDP method from InsalneyMac. Used my Retail Snow Leopard DVD.

Updated to 10.6.3 without any problems.

Got Laptop keyboard functional now with this Fix. Now looking for Touchpad Functionality.

Just wanna say thanks for that attachment, it worked for me! To be safe I did remove voodoops2controller.kext and both my intergrated PS/2 keyboard and trackpad work great. :superman:

My Synaptics PS/2 Port TrackPad does detect as a PS/2 Mouse, but I'm cool with that. I'm running Snow Leopard 10.6.3 on my Gateway NV5909H Laptop using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] & [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] from TonyMacx86.

• 8 months later...

I've got this installed and it is working keyboard and mouse. But what I have is one of those 1U rackmount consoles with a trackpad. And when I use the trackpad left and right it is good, but when I use the trackpad up the cursor moves down, and if I move the trackpad down the cursor moves up! Is there any solution to this? I tried just a PS/2 to USB adapter but when I use it it is detected but the keyboard and mouse don't work. It is interesting it seems to work, but if I press caps lock on the keyboard the light doesn't illuminate. This trackpad and also the PS/2 to USB work with other (Linux) machines just fine.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I've just bought a PS/2 to USB cable to use PS/2 PC keyboard (Compaq SK-2860 and Packard Bell 6301N) in my Mac (OS X 10.8.4) because my Mac's wireless keyboard doesn't work:

ILhli.jpg

however my Mac does not identify the keyboard. I've got this window:

pwhnv.png

but when I press the key to the right of shift nothing happens.

The cable works in Windows XP, and Linux Ubuntu well.  I've post this question in stack exchange too. But no one answer me. In the mean time I've tried to install PS\2 support 1.0 from here with kext utility I've first install ApplePS2Controller.kext and then AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext but the problem persist. I thank you very much for the help! I'm desperate!