ASUS G72GX Notebook - Perfect Hackintosh!

artkrime

141 posts in this topic

I'm having some trouble finding the kexts I had before losing my HDD =/

can anyone help me please?

I've been trying to install Nvidia kexts again and again but there seems to be no change

Also, I can use the mouse but it's invisible because the cursor is stuck on the top left corner of the screen

so I can't know where or what am I clicking until its too late =(

does anyone know how to fix this?

I've never had this problem before but I think it has something to do with graphic kexts as I've said before

Hello Artkrime!!

Let me say that we have something sort-of in common. You own an Asus G72GX, and I own an Asus G71GX-RX05!

Your specs are the exact same as mines! (Except I don't have a backlit keyboard)

Because of this, I'm really, really excited.

Right now, I'm in the process of installing iATKOS S3, I customized it following this very helpful video tutorial. However, I had not tested it out and I guessed on my wired and wireless drivers :P It would be great if you could share your kexts files if everything does not work for me ;)

But overall, your post fills me with optimism! Can't wait until it finishes installing. OS X is so cool :D

-iliveinabucket

EDIT: Grrrrrr Instead I get Boot0: error message after installing and rebooting!

EDIT: Fixed, Got it to boot up! YES YES YES

• 2 weeks later...

Good day to all!!!

Finally finished intalling Snow Leopard 10.6.2 using Hazard following the guides on this thread and it perfectly working. Updated to 10.6.4, intalled Parallels Desktop 5, iWork09, iLife09, and Apperture all applications running smoothly.

Is there any of you makes the card reader function? If yes can post or PM any link to that particular kext or drivers.

Thank's in advance and enjoy Snow Leopard

Screenshot2010-09-03at94157PM.png

Screenshot2010-09-03at94127PM.png

Good day to all!!!

Finally finished intalling Snow Leopard 10.6.2 using Hazard following the guides on this thread and it perfectly working. Updated to 10.6.4, intalled Parallels Desktop 5, iWork09, iLife09, and Apperture all applications running smoothly.

Is there any of you makes the card reader function? If yes can post or PM any link to that particular kext or drivers.

Thank's in advance and enjoy Snow Leopard

Screenshot2010-09-03at94157PM.png

Screenshot2010-09-03at94127PM.png

How did you do to make it recognize your processor? =O .... mine shows up as "Unknown", only the speed is well shown...

Also, have you tested the GTX 260M at full?? I haven't had the chance to try any really demanding games or software to check if it is working as it should...

One last thing please... I used to have my G72GX fully working before, but I lost my whole hard drive and had to do everything again, it is now succesfully triple-booting Ubuntu, W7, and Snow Leopard 10.6.4... but I've been having some trouble again with kexts... is your keyboard working correctly (at least recognizing numeric keyboard) ??? if it does please send me your kexts or any method you used for it as I can't remember how I did first time... thanks!

How did you do to make it recognize your processor? =O .... mine shows up as "Unknown", only the speed is well shown...

Also, have you tested the GTX 260M at full?? I haven't had the chance to try any really demanding games or software to check if it is working as it should...

One last thing please... I used to have my G72GX fully working before, but I lost my whole hard drive and had to do everything again, it is now succesfully triple-booting Ubuntu, W7, and Snow Leopard 10.6.4... but I've been having some trouble again with kexts... is your keyboard working correctly (at least recognizing numeric keyboard) ??? if it does please send me your kexts or any method you used for it as I can't remember how I did first time... thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently downloading COD2 for MAC. As for my keyboard and trackpad still no errors since the fresh install. if you have trouble on using your keyboard try to delete "PS2controller" kext, download PS2controller Package and PS2trackpad if the KB and mouse are not responding you have to use USB mouse and KB delete again the PS2controller kext, then re-install, repair permission and reboot. You should have a working KB and trackpad that supports 2 finger scroll.

OK guys, I been trolling around and testing stuff out, now I'm at an impasse. I have the RBBX05, the bestbuy model, I bought it as a desktop replacement around december of last year.. and it has been great. so anyway, I have been trying to get osx on here. I bought the reatil DVD aand have tried the following methods with mixed success.

I used tonymacx86's boot cd supported version, installed retail, and everything works except the following....

Memory only registers as 4 GB

Webcam shows in profiler, but does not work in anything even maccam.

iPad and Iphone will show in profiler, but will not work with itunes or iphoto.

I triied installing macam kext, off of the hazzard release, but idk if I even installed it right, I copied it over and used kext util, and rebooted.

no other kexts installed.

USB drives will mount and work, but these two items just won't work

so I tried hazzard..

found it on usenet, the torrent downloaded, but didn't work.

installs well, cam and iphone work, but wireless does not.

also graphics driver dosen't support imovie, I cant remember g3 or something mode.

tried with following options

atherosfix

elliotforcelegacy

achisatafix

smbios resolver

uuid

efi 10.5

nvinject

macam

It has become obvious that this laptop would rock as a hackintosh, if I can get these little bugs worked out...

any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

thanks guys,

ThaZiPSteR

OK guys, I been trolling around and testing stuff out, now I'm at an impasse. I have the RBBX05, the bestbuy model, I bought it as a desktop replacement around december of last year.. and it has been great. so anyway, I have been trying to get osx on here. I bought the reatil DVD aand have tried the following methods with mixed success.

I used tonymacx86's boot cd supported version, installed retail, and everything works except the following....

Memory only registers as 4 GB

Webcam shows in profiler, but does not work in anything even maccam.

iPad and Iphone will show in profiler, but will not work with itunes or iphoto.

I triied installing macam kext, off of the hazzard release, but idk if I even installed it right, I copied it over and used kext util, and rebooted.

no other kexts installed.

USB drives will mount and work, but these two items just won't work

so I tried hazzard..

found it on usenet, the torrent downloaded, but didn't work.

installs well, cam and iphone work, but wireless does not.

also graphics driver dosen't support imovie, I cant remember g3 or something mode.

tried with following options

atherosfix

elliotforcelegacy

achisatafix

smbios resolver

uuid

efi 10.5

nvinject

macam

It has become obvious that this laptop would rock as a hackintosh, if I can get these little bugs worked out...

any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

thanks guys,

ThaZiPSteR

I added "graphics enabler", voodomonitor, and voodoobattery on customization set-up. I'm using "Hazard Distro" followed the installation guide on this thread and it works like a charm, quartz enable refer to my posted pics above for reference.

I added "graphics enabler", voodomonitor, and voodoobattery on customization set-up. I'm using "Hazard Distro" followed the installation guide on this thread and it works like a charm, quartz enable refer to my posted pics above for reference.

Do you have the best buy model as well? I'm not sure why my network is not working... Which hazard distro do you have? What is the full file name? And if you have the hash that would be a nice ref as well. Thanks for the quick response

Do you have the best buy model as well? I'm not sure why my network is not working... Which hazard distro do you have? What is the full file name? And if you have the hash that would be a nice ref as well. Thanks for the quick response

Yes I have a bestbuy model too. I think it is "Snow Leopard 10.6.1-10.6.2 Intel AMD made by Hazard" downloaded from torrent. Which network you are referring too wireless or wired? My wired LAN recognized when I plug-in the LAN cable and set to "automatic" as for your wireless try to delete the update to 10.6.4 via apple software updater but delete first "disabler" and "sleepenabler" kext. Hope it helps.

Yes I have a bestbuy model too. I think it is "Snow Leopard 10.6.1-10.6.2 Intel AMD made by Hazard" downloaded from torrent. Which network you are referring too wireless or wired? My wired LAN recognized when I plug-in the LAN cable and set to "automatic" as for your wireless try to delete the update to 10.6.4 via apple software updater but delete first "disabler" and "sleepenabler" kext. Hope it helps.

The wireless is the one not working, I haven't even tried the wired. I'll prob wait till morning to try the install again, as I am downloading a few other things and will be ~16 hours till done. Thanks for the info, and I'll update tomorrow when I try it again.

The wireless is the one not working, I haven't even tried the wired. I'll prob wait till morning to try the install again, as I am downloading a few other things and will be ~16 hours till done. Thanks for the info, and I'll update tomorrow when I try it again.

try to delete "atherosfix" and re-install using kext helper and repair permission.

I don't want to sound like a jack ass here but 90% of your guys issues are very easily fixed by making sure of three to four golden rules of installing mac on non mac hardware. It's not going to work 100%. If you want it to work 100% buy a mac this is supposed to be fun but I have sat and read post after post of people fusterated and complaining about trackpads and battery icons not showing correct percentages. Its not a mac. Man I sometimes wonder where the world is going when people complain about the most arcaic things. Does it really matter the battery icon doesn't work not really.

As to the people having issues with bootloaders. The primary part of a harddrive is protected so once you load a bootloader it is very hard to get rid of it. Thanks to some {censored}s and there very quaint ability to write malware and viruses that try to attack this part of a hddrive it became nessary to protect years ago. The best fix is to find a dos disk fdisk the whole drive and start over. This gets ride of any info in the front part of the drive designed for bootloader. Part three of my help is listen to the people who have done this and who having working mac installs. Were not super heros but what he have done and our experiences will help the newcomers.

Last but not least have fun {censored} this is supposed to be fun. I hate to be the party pooper but reading posts where people complain about not being able to load mac on a machine that several of us having working installs means your not doing something right. Follow our lead believe me it will work.

Thanks for all the ones who have said thanks back to the rest expecially the ones having issues. The only thing I can say is listen to the others there help will work. I have tried a lot of installs on a lot of machines and most of my knowledge has came from this forum so good luck and god bless.

:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:blink::(:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Sorry grammer and spelling may be {censored} in this post!!!!!

I don't want to sound like a jack ass here but 90% of your guys issues are very easily fixed by making sure of three to four golden rules of installing mac on non mac hardware. It's not going to work 100%. If you want it to work 100% buy a mac this is supposed to be fun but I have sat and read post after post of people fusterated and complaining about trackpads and battery icons not showing correct percentages. Its not a mac. Man I sometimes wonder where the world is going when people complain about the most arcaic things. Does it really matter the battery icon doesn't work not really.

As to the people having issues with bootloaders. The primary part of a harddrive is protected so once you load a bootloader it is very hard to get rid of it. Thanks to some {censored}s and there very quaint ability to write malware and viruses that try to attack this part of a hddrive it became nessary to protect years ago. The best fix is to find a dos disk fdisk the whole drive and start over. This gets ride of any info in the front part of the drive designed for bootloader. Part three of my help is listen to the people who have done this and who having working mac installs. Were not super heros but what he have done and our experiences will help the newcomers.

Last but not least have fun {censored} this is supposed to be fun. I hate to be the party pooper but reading posts where people complain about not being able to load mac on a machine that several of us having working installs means your not doing something right. Follow our lead believe me it will work.

Thanks for all the ones who have said thanks back to the rest expecially the ones having issues. The only thing I can say is listen to the others there help will work. I have tried a lot of installs on a lot of machines and most of my knowledge has came from this forum so good luck and god bless.

:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:dev::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Sorry grammer and spelling may be {censored} in this post!!!!!

Wow that's kinda harsh... I mean, I wasn't complaining about battery meters or anything, which btw mine works fine, it's just delayed by a few minutes after plugging in or unplugging. I would say that no network access is pretty serious issue in today's computing world. Heck I was upset in '91 having to dial into Idaho on my 1200 bPS, because there was no such thing as an ISP anywhere local.

I tried installing this thing for over two weeks before even asking anything, and to be honest with my OCD personality, it had gone past fun to obsessed. Do a few searches related to iPhone not syncing while all other USB items work. You'll drown in useless information. I knew it had to work because there were so many of you on here with working installs.

Anyway.....

Dencio,

I finally figured out what must have happened, not 100% yet. Following these guides it was implied but never stated to install 10.6.2. I mean why wouldn't you. But my first pass through with the hazzard DVD I wanted to do it exactly as specified, and didn't even see the option for 10.6.2. That cause the wireless to be detected, but would not work, even after doing the hazzard install properly. I ended up loading win7 of the ssd just because I couldn't get it working and had some downloading to do. Windows detected it as usual, but couldn't find networks either. I installed a link sys USB out of frustration, and that "reset" the atheros. A reboot, a quick(somewhat) reinstall from hazard, and I'm 100%.

Thanks for your help, it's obvious that some people don't want to help, but I'm glad you did. Thank you.

ThAZiPSteR

Wow that's kinda harsh... I mean, I wasn't complaining about battery meters or anything, which btw mine works fine, it's just delayed by a few minutes after plugging in or unplugging. I would say that no network access is pretty serious issue in today's computing world. Heck I was upset in '91 having to dial into Idaho on my 1200 bPS, because there was no such thing as an ISP anywhere local.

I tried installing this thing for over two weeks before even asking anything, and to be honest with my OCD personality, it had gone past fun to obsessed. Do a few searches related to iPhone not syncing while all other USB items work. You'll drown in useless information. I knew it had to work because there were so many of you on here with working installs.

Anyway.....

Dencio,

I finally figured out what must have happened, not 100% yet. Following these guides it was implied but never stated to install 10.6.2. I mean why wouldn't you. But my first pass through with the hazzard DVD I wanted to do it exactly as specified, and didn't even see the option for 10.6.2. That cause the wireless to be detected, but would not work, even after doing the hazzard install properly. I ended up loading win7 of the ssd just because I couldn't get it working and had some downloading to do. Windows detected it as usual, but couldn't find networks either. I installed a link sys USB out of frustration, and that "reset" the atheros. A reboot, a quick(somewhat) reinstall from hazard, and I'm 100%.

Thanks for your help, it's obvious that some people don't want to help, but I'm glad you did. Thank you.

ThAZiPSteR

Your always welcome dude..

Anyway.....

Dencio,

ThAZiPSteR

It wasn't a personal attack on any one post just that simply it is supposed to be fun and should stay fun. I enjoyed doing it and of course there were days I could have pulled my hair and slit my wrist! That was the only point I was trying to get across that this is a hack and always will be a hack. Just like with the xboxs and xbox 360. I spent hours reading forums with people upset and posting in all caps that I really thought my forum days were over.

LouisCK says it best. You tube him and you will hear one of his standups about a guy complaining about wifi not working on an airplane that was brand new tech. It hadn't been offered anywhere before and some douch bag was complaining because he couldn't access it.

We have turned into a society of people who instead of trying, ride on others coat tails and expect results right away instead of working the problem and getting a good knowledge of what and where and how to work the problem to start with. I work with people that are this way everyday.

Don't take what I posted as a personal attack I still love to help others but a battery meter not working is moundain at best. Ya know.

Anyway.....

Dencio,

ThAZiPSteR

I had a similar issue. The card if shut down in windows will not work in mac or anywhere til reactivated in windows. Don't ask me why noticed about three weeks ago. I was doing some virus work in sandbox and turned off my wifi to keep it out of my network and booted mac a few days later and no wifi. I tried everything imaginable to get it back going. I even removed and reinstalled. That little icon in win 7 that looks like a radio tower has to have a check mark in it. After restarting it worked fine. Even though you got your to work thought I would post this tid bit because someone else may run into this issue as for the 10.6.2 that is my fault yes install the update with the install and it fixes networking issues. Good Luck man and enjoy.

Also I used usbfix kext on the install not sure it was needed but try that out on the install. That could fix the iphone issue. Also I bought a new Iphone about three weeks ago and found that the brand new cord was {censored} it would drop sync and sometimes not even recognize my phone was connected. Could be the phone cord also. Luckly all my kids have ipods and I had a old iphone so that fix was quick and painless.

Later guys have fun be back on later tonight if you have any questions.

Check phone cord mine on my brand new phone was {censored} drop sync and sometimes not even recognize the phone. Also try usbfix.kext on hazard disc that is something that I did use during my install. This may or may not help but good luck anyhow.

I had forgotten that on my posts for the install guide. My fault. I did like 20 installs before getting a working great install so somethings were forgotten during that last working install. Just try and try again til you end with something u are satisified with.

OK. It is installed.

Hazard. cpus=1 -v. guid. atherosfix, elliottforcelegay,achisatafix, smbiosresolver,uuid, efi 10.5, nvinject, macam. deleted applehda, disabler.

(About EFI bootloader, I had 2 windows on the other disk, and when I tried to boot into the logical one, it didn't show up the boot screen, but when I booted into the primary one, it showed the boot screen, and let me select from those 2 windows. Maybe this can be helpful to some with the boot).

Wireless didn't work. Installed atherosfix and IO80211family from the kext folder mentioned in this thread. It worked. MAybe, it was just IO80211family. Yes, it is 11 channels, not up.

For some reason, it is seeing firewire and ethernet plus wireless. I thought, it wouldn't be seeing the firewire.

It doesn't see Nvidia Geforce GTX 260M. It sees Graphics by Nvidia. It is 1600x900, but not GTX 260M. graphics Memory is 256 instead of 1 gb.How can I fix this? It sees NVInject 0.22 in about this mac.

(If I was able to get the screenshot file, I would attach it, but I don't know where it is saving them yet.)

Another thing, SL sees my Prt Sc button as F13, not F14.

How can I increase the screen brightness? I already made the shortcuts as F3/F4 as on G72GX screen, but I didn't see any effect.

The screen brightness changed after I put the battery for a minute to change the plug. Is there any power profiles on SL?

Sound comes from the computer but it doesn't see internal speaker/headphones. It sees Speaker/Headphones, Headphones, SPDIF, Digital Output. When it is on select an output, sound comes from the computer, when it is from speaker/headphones, the same, only when you choose headphones, the sound comes from the headphones. What is this? How can I fix it?

About the trackpad, it moves. It works, I am not using it much, so I don't know. Just the page doesn't scroll when you get to the blue places on the right. (And yes, I am talking about ASUS G72GX).

Logitech Marble Mouse works though.

Camera works on Mozilla and Safari, but not on ichat (quits unexpectedly). It doesn't see it in cameras. it sees it in USB thing in the About my Mac.

About Time Machine, how does it create the backups, does it delete the other files/folders in the partition? Do I have to assign a whole partition to it, or just tell it to keep in which partition and the other files will be allright???

Thanks.

OK. It is installed.

Hazard. cpus=1 -v. guid. atherosfix, elliottforcelegay,achisatafix, smbiosresolver,uuid, efi 10.5, nvinject, macam. deleted applehda, disabler.

(About EFI bootloader, I had 2 windows on the other disk, and when I tried to boot into the logical one, it didn't show up the boot screen, but when I booted into the primary one, it showed the boot screen, and let me select from those 2 windows. Maybe this can be helpful to some with the boot).

Wireless didn't work. Installed atherosfix and IO80211family from the kext folder mentioned in this thread. It worked. MAybe, it was just IO80211family. Yes, it is 11 channels, not up.

For some reason, it is seeing firewire and ethernet plus wireless. I thought, it wouldn't be seeing the firewire.

It doesn't see Nvidia Geforce GTX 260M. It sees Graphics by Nvidia. It is 1600x900, but not GTX 260M. graphics Memory is 256 instead of 1 gb.How can I fix this? It sees NVInject 0.22 in about this mac.

(If I was able to get the screenshot file, I would attach it, but I don't know where it is saving them yet.)

Another thing, SL sees my Prt Sc button as F13, not F14.

How can I increase the screen brightness? I already made the shortcuts as F3/F4 as on G72GX screen, but I didn't see any effect.

The screen brightness changed after I put the battery for a minute to change the plug. Is there any power profiles on SL?

Sound comes from the computer but it doesn't see internal speaker/headphones. It sees Speaker/Headphones, Headphones, SPDIF, Digital Output. When it is on select an output, sound comes from the computer, when it is from speaker/headphones, the same, only when you choose headphones, the sound comes from the headphones. What is this? How can I fix it?

About the trackpad, it moves. It works, I am not using it much, so I don't know. Just the page doesn't scroll when you get to the blue places on the right. (And yes, I am talking about ASUS G72GX).

Logitech Marble Mouse works though.

Camera works on Mozilla and Safari, but not on ichat (quits unexpectedly). It doesn't see it in cameras. it sees it in USB thing in the About my Mac.

About Time Machine, how does it create the backups, does it delete the other files/folders in the partition? Do I have to assign a whole partition to it, or just tell it to keep in which partition and the other files will be allright???

Thanks.

Should see firewire and ethernet. As for graphics use the one in the folder Imus has. It will give you the correct settings. Have not had any issues with camera mine is also under usb. Maybe try the usbfix.kext this could solve that issue. Dimming the screen should work like in windows or bios FN-F??. I don't have my laptop out. If you cant find the nvinject or nvenabler in the folder let me know can upload that and voodoo hda.

I can't seem to get the gtx 260m to show in hardware id... Can someone please point me in the right direction? I have everything else working great... How can I check if QE/CI is working correctly??? Thanks guys, you guys have been great with getting this laptop working 100% on our laptops!!!! Thanks again in advance.

1) I had to choose Azores Summer Time as Time Zone and chose not to update automatically to show the correct time ( I am in US Pacific Time).

2) Upon booting, I see this line: Hibernation time is too old by xxxx seconds, use forcewake=y or something like that.

It boots ok. I am just wondering what is this? Is it ok to show this. Does this use any of my BIOS/CPUS or whatever battery that gives the power to BIOS Clock?

3) I have no VoodooHDA sound works, but in About this Mac, it says, there is no built-in Audio.

When there is VoodooHDA, it shows everything including HDMI, but no sound. Anyway to fix?

4) About My Mac, sees my GTX 260M as Unknown , but the other information is correct. (such as Vram = 1024 MB)

5) Any comments on NTFS-3g? Advices? Does it (2010-08-08) still need MacFuse or it is included inside. (I am talking about The Free One).

6) I am sorry to ask this, but can someone explain the key differences (apple, non-apple to me). What refers to what in our keyboards. (Home and End does not work, why?)

7)Had anyone had any trouble installing Xcode 3.2.4 Update?

8) This is a specific question. Firefox - Google toolbar - bookmarks. Why I cannot use the right click in the bookmarks?

9) This is just a note. The sound does not go to the headphones when you put the headphone jack, but it goes to the headphone from the S/PDIF jack. Is everyone's like that. (Mine shows no built-in audio in about my mac).

• 1 month later...

Installed fine with Hazard's release per Joker's instructions earlier in the thread. Sound working right off the bat, I haven't begun to address the video card as it doesn't seem to be registering right.

My question pertains to the wireless. WPA or WPA2 will not seem to work, it just keeps asking me for the password over and over. I assume WEP or at the least, no encryption, would work but that's not something I'm willing to do. Is WPA non-functional or is there a fix or something I'm missing? I've reinstalled the AtherosFix and IO80211Family kexts from the zip file uploaded earlier in the thread with no luck. An added note, it doesn't actually see the network on it's own - I have to go to Join other Network and manually enter the SSID etc.

I've read and read, with no luck so far. My bad if it's been covered here already but damned if I can find it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Sooooo Ive gone through all of this and have installed SL_10.6.6i_by_Hazard on my G72GX with ABSOLUTELY no problems in terms of getting it to start up and install properly. I have installed correct audio drivers and whatever else I needed except for full Graphics. That I need help with.

I can't seems to get it to give the GeForce GTX 260M in About My Mac and have tried quite a bit of stuff with no success (the best I got was a generic geforce with 1024mb of vram). I have tried injection, different driver, tried deleting stuff but in the end I do not have the full capabilities of my graphics card.

Is there any chance someone could give me full details on how they got Quartz and whatever else working? (maybe even post drivers if those were needed?)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to add my two cents to my topic and what i got to work for me.

Initially i had a friend of mine come over and clone his OSX drive onto mine which had preinstalled kexts he thought i would need in order for OSX to run on this computer. We got it running smooth after about an hour with WiFi, sound, and webcam all working. We had to add an EFI string for an Nvidia 9800 GT because apparently it is on the same chipset as the GTX 260m (This fixed an issue we were having with the display being stuck at a lower resolution). After he left I realized that things like Preview werent working and the computer seemed a little sluggish for the specs. After doing some research I realized the full graphics hardware acceleration was not enabled. I tried a plethora of Kexts and messing around with graphicsenabler in Chameleon but with no luck. After about 2 days i decided to just try wiping the drive and Reinstalling from scratch on my own.

My G72GX now is running perfectly with graphics acceleration, and all the hardware recognized (including my graphics card as the GTX260m and E-SATA) on 10.6.7 . The only thing I have not been able to get to work is ProTools because of its apparent conflict with VoodooHDA.

I am also running it off of an additional internal SATA drive if that matters.

My install Process was :

Download Snow Leopard Retail

Burn The DMG/ISO image to my 16Gig flash drive

Download [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]

Burn [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to a DVD-R (I am pretty sure the image is small enough to burn to a CD but i didnt have any)

Set boot Priority to DVD drive in the BIOS

Boot to [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] DVD

Select to boot to Flash drive that Snow Leopard is installed on

Select Disk Utility from one of the drop down menus

Reformat Drive I wanted to install OSX on to HFS+

Close Disk Utility

Follow Instructions Onscreen to Install Snow Leopard

Reboot

Select the drive I installed OSX on to boot to in [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]

Go Through welcome experience (at this point I had full Graphics Acceleration, Correct Display Resolution, WiFi and webcam)

After it boots to desktop, check the System profiler. Mine was reading 4Gb of Ram, And my GTX260M.

Download [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]

Download 10.6.7 Combo update from Apple's Site (not apple updater)

Install 10.6.7 Combo Update

When it asks you to reboot, Open [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and install [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. I believe the only kext I installed in [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] was VoodooHDA and VoodooBattery because at this point I had no Audio nor battery indicator.

Reboot

Set my OSX drive as boot priority in the BIOS

It should boot to Chameleon at this point

Select OSX to boot to

At this point I now had audio and now OSX recognized the full 6Gb of RAM.

I think i had to use a kext in [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to get the ESATA to work later on. For me it only works if I boot up with the ESATA drive already connected and then it reads as an internal drive but that is not an issue for me.

I hope this helped.

I just had to do a reinstall on mine a few days ago & I'm surprised to see you guys going through such a long drawn out process to get your machines running.

How to install in two four steps:

(assumes clean install)

Download & Burn

ModCD 0.3.1

(the successor to Empire EFI)

Start your laptop with ModCD

Replace ModCD with the Snow Leopard retail install DVD

Proceed with the install as normal

Personally I consider that two steps because the hardest part of it is downloading & burning ModCD, everything after that is the normal install.

After Snow Leopard is installed you will notice that thanks to ModCD you already have all of the kexts you need for our laptops (minus the card reader it don't work in SL or at least it don't to my knowledge)

In addition to all of the hardware working "out of the box" the chameleon bootloader has already been pre-installed so no need to bother with that either, all you have to do is download the updates about 1.2 Gigs total and your new "Mac" will be up-to-date :police:

On a side note I did backup my kext's before doing the updates but its not required I use the system updater to download / install all of my updates and none of the updates screwed up anything.

Total time from blank hard drive to fully updated Snow Leopard 45-65 Min. depending on your download speeds on the updates

• 2 weeks later...