ASUS G72GX Notebook - Perfect Hackintosh!

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

JOKAWILD

JOKAWILD

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:OVERCLOCKING EVERYTHING!!!! <br />
@Knowskills
Ok would like to know results if your battery is working well and your trackpad can zoom along with it's other features. Good luck ;)

@capo_Saric
Yeah it does feel like an ancient trackpad with it's limited features hope someone can help

knowskills

knowskills

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

@Knowskills
Ok would like to know results if your battery is working well and your trackpad can zoom along with it's other features. Good luck ;)

@capo_Saric
Yeah it does feel like an ancient trackpad with it's limited features hope someone can help

Results= EPIC FAIl
the install is fine but when i reboot and try and boot from the hard drive i get a grey screen telling me to reboot.
I tried cpus=1 MAXMEN-4096 and praying to the little people but nothing has helped.

capo_saric

capo_saric

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Results= EPIC FAIl
the install is fine but when i reboot and try and boot from the hard drive i get a grey screen telling me to reboot.
I tried cpus=1 MAXMEN-4096 and praying to the little people but nothing has helped.

I can't imagine what's causing this problems... I just used Empire EFI as bootCD, then used SnowLeopard 10.6 retail, disk utility to format the drive to GUID, made 3 partitions (macosx, windows7, myfiles), installed SnowLeopard and after install used Empire EFI again for the first boot just to install Chameleon and that's it....... I haven't had any problems

whenever I try to install better kexts and get kernel panic, I just run the computer on Windows7, use MacDrive to navigate through my Mac partition, and eliminate those problem-causing kexts or replace them by the older ones (always backup your files :thumbsdown_anim: )

I don't know if any of this will be useful in your situation... but please let me now if it does or else try to explain everything as detailed as possible so we can work out some solution...

knowskills

knowskills

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Ok so here is my current progress.
I installed via ##### and a retail 10.6.3 disc.
Installed

smbiosresolver
uuid
macam
nvinject

and pc efi 10.5

but now i have no keyboard or mouse :/

capo_saric

capo_saric

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Ok so here is my current progress.
I installed via ##### and a retail 10.6.3 disc.
Installed

smbiosresolver
uuid
macam
nvinject

and pc efi 10.5

but now i have no keyboard or mouse :/

try this one... worked for me :blink:

Attached Files

JOKAWILD

JOKAWILD

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
@knowskills
Were you able to install the bootloader? Any other issues?

knowskills

knowskills

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

@knowskills
Were you able to install the bootloader? Any other issues?

Yes i was able to install the bootloader but no keyboard or trackpad when i boot from it...

capo_saric

capo_saric

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Yes i was able to install the bootloader but no keyboard or trackpad when i boot from it...

have you tried the kext I attached in my last post?
You could also try the kexts in the package IMUSXx uploaded in this same thread...

knowskills

knowskills

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

have you tried the kext I attached in my last post?
You could also try the kexts in the package IMUSXx uploaded in this same thread...

nope I have not tried that kext yet, but i have tried that package imusxx uploaded but it crashed my computer every time

IMUSXx

IMUSXx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Try just the PS2 kext. Then repair permissions using the kext utility and reboot.

knowskills

knowskills

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Try just the PS2 kext. Then repair permissions using the kext utility and reboot.

that ktext did not help :/

***EDIT***
ok so I am on install 15 or so.

and this is what i did.

booted with ##### nvidia
installed 10.6.3 using a retail disc
updated to 10.6.4
installed pc efi 10.6

installed the recommend kexts from this topic.

so now for the good stuff.....
the computer will boot from the hard drive via pc efi 10.6

but the track pad and keyboard will not work for some reason.

but if i put the ##### cd in and boot from it the keyboard and track pad work just fine. Even 2 finger scrolling and 2 finger secondary click, so i know this trackpad can work.... But why wont it work if i boot from pc efi???? what is the difference between ##### and pc efi?

I have noticed that when i boot from ##### it shows kernel version 10.0.0 and 32bit
but if i boot from pc efi it shows kernel 10.4 or something and has 64bit...

Anyone have any idea whats going on here?

logic54

logic54

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Ok this question shouldnt be hard. What options do you use too install this with hazard?

I got the mac installer working with the cpus=1 command at boot but wat options in there do I install? I tried to just install it with no boxes clicked and doesnt work. I just need too know thanks. ohh and can you install windows 7 on the other 200 gig. my laptop came with 480 gig drive split in half with two 200 gigs. would be great to have osx and windows 7. let me know then.

Logic

JOKAWILD

JOKAWILD

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
@logic54
dual-booting is easy especially if you have to hdds because you won't gave to partition anything. All you have to do is a clean install of windows on your spare hdd. After install set your osx hdd as primary boot so you can take advantage of the bootloader options. As for the kext I installed during the installation process with the hazard distro are the following:

-atheosfix
-elliottforcelegacy
-achisatafix
-smbiosresolver
-uuid
-efi 10.5 bootloader
-nvinject
-macam

good luck :o

logic54

logic54

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Thanks joker for the reply I tried wat U said and im getting a flight script error. Do you use the two updates at the top 10.6.1 10.6.2 or watever with the charmeleon efi 10.5? or just the 10.5. I had it installed before sumhow but I updated in mac osx and then it restarted and wouldnt boot. Im gonna try just the 10.5 bootloader and nvidia and thats it and see wat happens. After I install mac how can I find out if I have all the kext's I need loaded right? is there software or sumthing. I know its hard for mac on intel but just wish there was a little more support. I will let you know wat I come up with and twiddle with it for awhile i should get it too work. but yeah lemme kno I wanna kno if I got all the kexts installed and everything installed right liek it should.
Logic

logic54

logic54

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Do I need a bootloader?

JOKAWILD

JOKAWILD

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
@logic54
no I didn't install the updates through the disc. I used bootloader chameleon efi 10.5 along with the other kext files. As for making sure you have all working kext it's difficult to say unless you test all your hardware devices. You can always check in system/extensions folder to see your kext files you currently have. But like I said try the hazard distro again with those recommendations. And make sure you delete kext file sleep and disabler and use kext utility to fix permissions. Good luck

logic54

logic54

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
aight I used tony macs tutorial and almost got it working i gotta hit you up then. gotta install kexts after install i think

http://tonymacx86.bl...ac-os-x-on.html

logi

logic54

logic54

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Ok Im the muther efffing man. I actually restored windows seven and i remember i had a hard time installing network drivers on this laptop and remember people saying it took them an hour to install network. All you need is that asus driver dvd but after you install it reboot laptop and go into config network it takes sum tugging. I then put in the hazard dvd and rebooted onto it. Typed f8 then cpus=1 and continued to instalation i then went into formtat the drive in disk utilities to mac journalized then i installed osx with yur config. after the install it said install failed. i then didnt worry i installed the ##### dvd i made from tonys site and got it too boot into mac. i set it up and wala everythingg was working even the network which i had trouble with. internet video and audio fully working. it says to update then run ##### which im gonna do cross my fingers so it boots up but im on mac osx now typing this will be back to conclude.

Logic

logic54

logic54

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
I just cant get osx too boot up now tho i always have to use that tony dvd ##### for bootup even after running ##### any ideas?

capo_saric

capo_saric

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

I just cant get osx too boot up now tho i always have to use that tony dvd ##### for bootup even after running ##### any ideas?

I know you probably won't want to do everything again, but I suggest to do a simple installation using Empire EFI and a Snow Leopard retail CD.
That's what I did and I haven't had any problems. I'm dual booting with Windows 7 in the same HDD, so I think it should be even easier for you as you don't have to make all that guid-mbr-ntfs-fat32-blablabla stuff... ha
just 1 HDD for each OS and that's it :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy