Your Greatest Photos

Swad

191 posts in this topic

@MacIntelrator

e se ozbiljno bavis fotografijom ?

are you a pro photographer,or what?

I am studying the photography at the moment.I just started.

@Rafael Fischer

The photos are ......PERFECT !

Rafael you dont wanna hear prices in my country in Europe.

MacBook Pro:

2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

1680 x 1050 pixels

2GB memory

160GB hard drive1

8x double-layer SuperDrive

ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 graphics with 256MB SDRAM

$4,492.92

Price from official store in my country.

US price $2,799.00

Who is crazy here You or Me ?

I am studying the photography at the moment.I just started.

@Rafael Fischer

The photos are ......PERFECT !

Rafael you dont wanna hear prices in my country in Europe.

MacBook Pro:

2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

1680 x 1050 pixels

2GB memory

160GB hard drive1

8x double-layer SuperDrive

ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 graphics with 256MB SDRAM

$4,492.92

Price from official store in my country.

US price $2,799.00

Who is crazy here You or Me ?

WOW!

The price that i have mentioned are about a MacMini with 512Mb Ram and costs more than US$1200!

Thanks for the comments about my photos :thumbsup_anim:

• 3 weeks later...

One of the best pix I have on my computer is my panorama in Hanford, Washington. I lost alot of photos when my computer got a new hd.

The only problem with this pic is that i need to work on the trunk of the car, it got kinda stretched when it got auto stitched

Untitled_Panorama1.jpg

just got a different camera (wouldnt say new, its a Canon AE-1P). Just a couple of shots from my first couple of rolls of film. First time using film.

534528985_9229e4b259_b.jpg

534450442_d7da87bfd9_b.jpg

534450446_63aa0fe16d_o.jpg

need some practice, but may be close to getting a D40

• 2 weeks later...
are they required, even if i get more satisfaction out of manually focusing?

you can use manual focus but you'll not have the circular focusing as analog cameras. d40 has only 3 focus inline points that help you to know if subject is focused (there is a little led that indicate if focus is ok or not) when you use manual focusing.

hey i saw your photos are on flickr... if you'll send me your flickr homepage link i add you to my contact!!!(u can use pm)

some my photos:

563896094_d3dda7cbcc_o.jpg

553938010_693cc211e9_o.jpg

People ! you make insane Pictures !!!!!!

I feel shame to post some that i made :P i own a finepix S5600, i dont have money for a real good equip :P

dscf0720sa5.jpg

dscf0726ln6.jpg

dscf0740pk2.jpg

dscf1003cw9.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i edit most stuff using Gimp in Linux and OS X, but in windows i have the joy of PS CS2..wish i could afford CS3, but i'm sure i can get most of the templates from adobe free anyway.

this is just a few i've gotten over time..some are shot with my sisters Canon Digital Elf S410 Power Shot, some are shot with my 35mm Canon Stylus Epic Zoom...between the two i prefer film to digital, but the shots don't always come out good in digital form.

IMG_1570.jpg

^that was from a storm just a couple weeks ago, shot in my front yard with the digital.

IMG_1419.jpg

^thats another digital shot, on a 1930's dodge touring car, i love the clarity of that ornament

IMG_1655.jpg

^thats a shot i took during a meteor shower..of course due to my luck i didn't get a shot of any meteors, but that was a 15 second exposure digital using ISO 400...any less than 400 and you wouldn't see as many starts, but i had to really tweak it to reduce noise and fuzz.

IMG_1659.jpg

^thats me playing with my Tool Logic Swedish firesteel knife at 11:30 at night..again, a 15 second exposure, i gave it a couple seconds before i struck the flint so that it could see as much light as possible.

IMG009b.jpg

^that was shot with my Stylus, 35mm film, ISO800..that was before i got to cleaning the lens [had lots of dust due to lack of use for so long] and plenty of noise.

IMG015c.jpg

^that was shot at a park about 40 minutes from my house close to new york, again with my stylus.

those are some of my favorites, but i have to say, its really confusing to me how some of the shots from my stylus come out completely out of focus in digital, but on 4x6 prints, they're so crisp you wouldn't believe it.

eventually i'll be getting a Canon Stylus 1000 i think it is, 10mp with 3x optical zoom. i'm not really going for the 10mp, but a longer exposure time would be so much better for what i do. i prefer still shots, and shots that are very detailed, im not much of a point/shoot person, i've gone through rolls of film trying to get exactly what i want, however i prefer the ease of digital, so its just whatever i can really get. i can upload more tonight to share from a water/fireworks show.

[i used html to post the pictures, not the insert picture button, so if theres any formatting issues, sorry]

holy {censored}

not only is it huge, but its amazing.

was it shot in B/W or is that a post effect?

i've been kinda experimenting with render effects lately, none actually started as a picture, i just started with an opaque background and built on it, i should upload some later.

imho: don't buy this camera... try to bye d50/d70s... d40 needs autofocus lenses.. very expensive! :hammer:
Just want to throw in my 2 cents here...the D40 doesn't NEED autofocus lenses.If you WANT your D40 to autofocus, the lens needs to be a Nikon AF-S lens with the integrated focus drive motor since Nikon ditched the screw drive on the D40. Most of the other Nikon lenses work and meter just fine, but you'll have to focus manually. The AF-S lenses are actually not that expensive either, the 18-55 that comes with it is an AF-S lens, the high quality and affordable 55-200VR/Non-VR are both AF-S as is the 70-300G. These are the most common consumer lenses, if you start moving up to pro zooms like the 17-55 f/2.8 most all of those are AF-S as well.The place you miss out with on the D40 are the ultra wide zooms, fisheyes, and primes as those generally rely on screw drive focus motors :wacko:

Anyways, here's a few from my collection. I'm a bit of a car guy if you couldn't tell :P The Toyota is mine, the Altima is my friends, and I have no idea who the 360 belongs too, just passed it on the highway.Most of these were taken with my Nikon D50, either the 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6ED lens, or my 50mm f/1.8D lens. I believe the one shot of the Altima was with my older Canon S1-IS :)

post-119676-1187919921_thumb.jpg

post-119676-1187919979_thumb.jpg

post-119676-1187920358_thumb.jpg

post-119676-1187920661_thumb.jpg

post-119676-1187920709_thumb.jpg

post-119676-1187920726_thumb.jpg

post-119676-1187920790_thumb.jpg

The picture was almost b&w when it was shot. I looked at it in iPhoto and I used the b&w filter. Thanks!

holy {censored}

not only is it huge, but its amazing.

was it shot in B/W or is that a post effect?

i've been kinda experimenting with render effects lately, none actually started as a picture, i just started with an opaque background and built on it, i should upload some later.