SoundMax AD198x - AC97 Sound

micline

127 posts in this topic

HDA SoundMax user try by using Rammjet Method

Others have succeed

How to get HD audio working - sound for ya!!!

1. Delete AppleHDA.kext:

• In Terminal, type:

• sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

• sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

• sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

2) Edit AppleAzaliaAudio.kext:

• In Terminal, type: sudo pico /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/Info.plist

• Search for (use hotkey= ctrl + w):?<key>IOHDAudioCodecVendorID</key>

• change the string to:?<string>0x11D41986</string>

• Exit pico

• sudo pico /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAzaliaController.kext/Contents/Info.plist

• Search for (use hotkey= ctrl + w):?<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>

• change the string to:?<string>0x32881106</string>

• Exit pico

3) Clean up the system:

• In Terminal, type:

• sudo diskutil repairpermissions /

• sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

• kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions/

4) Then, reboot and enjoy sound out of two channels.

Hi everyone! First of all I apologize for my bad english.

I have asus p4c800 deluxe with soundmax AC97 (ICH5, string is "24d58086") integrated audio and I can hear good stereo sound and mic works too,

Hi, i have a same hadrware soud, but here mic dont work, you install any kext for your mic work?

please help me!

hi katmail,

thantks for you atention!

i will look for this infermations, and try find a front conector for my m.board. but this pictures showed, is a jumper for D865perl. if yes, you can send to me a .pfd copy of manual.

thanks fiend and forgive me for my English!

[]'s

does this driver work with the 1988b sound card? (asus m2n-e motherboard sound)

edit: just a word to say that it works with the M2N-E motherboard sound!

Asus M2N-E On-Board Sound: AD1988b

SoundMAX: VEN_11D4&DEV_198B

M$ High Definition Audio: VEN_10DE&DEV_0371

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/Info.plist

<key>IOHDAudioCodecVendorID</key>

<string>0x11d4198b</string>

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAzaliaController.kext/Contents/Info.plist

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>

<string>0x037110de</string>

:sorcerer:

• 4 weeks later...

hello, i used Ramjet method with the azalia kext to try to make my Ad1981 working... (11D4, 1981 and 27D8, 8086) it is now detected, i can change the volume with the buttons on my keyboard (i'm on a nc8430 laptop) but no sound is going out through the speakers... Also the LED on the mute button is always on... Anyone have a clue on how i can have sound ?

OK... I`m all over... I`m for the first time, in my all life, try to make Windoze out from myComp, i successeed so far... and stuck with sound...

on other HD 250Gb i have

:-( vista rc2 64bit, and on thee other HD 250Gb :-)

MAC OS X 10.4.8. Intel....

I figured out with your help and help of others (sorry for my Eng.) install and graphic and network and USB... aaaaahhhhh... dayssss..... BUT!!! Need Help on

SoundMax Integ. Digit. Aud. ICH7

ADI 1986A

ven ID 11D4

Dev ID 1986

Sub sys 1043818F

Rev_1005

If Any ....... PLEASEeeeeee...>!!!! Help me.... I want mic and soround... Here is my files....

post-59701-1165742440_thumb.jpg

AppleAC97Audio.kext.zip

• 2 months later...

Hello, all of U

I can guarantee, IT WORKS !! That's G-R-E-A-T !!!

First, my config:

Asus K8V-X SE (K8T800 // North Chipset = VIA VT8383 Apollo K8T800 - South Chipset = VIA VT8237)

AMD 64 (ClawHammer Cache Level 2 = 512 // Socket 754 // Instructions Set =x86, x86-64, MMX, 3DNow!, SSE, SSE2 MhZ)

MSI NX6200AX (NVIDIA GeForce 6200) (256 MB)

1024 DDR SDRAM (400 MhZ PC3200)

Soundmax Integrated Devices AD1888

HP PSC 1350 (works fine!)

2 DDs (Maxtor 80 Go = XPSP2 (2 partitions, one for data NTFS) // Seagate 80 Go, 3 partitions = 1. Vista Utlimate, 2. Mac OSX 10.4.8 (JaS DVD), 3. one partition FAT32 for datas

2 optical drives : NEC DVD_RW ND-3500AG (fully working!), DVD-16X DVD-ROM BDV316E (not test yet)

USB 6 ports = works

Firewire IEEE 1394 compatible NEC OHCI works !

And VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter => works /w Pinxue kexts (thanks!)

Let's me tell u, now:

One day I decided to installa OSX x86, so I download the JaS 10.4.8 DVD and brun it and ... Go. No problem with installation but after the first boot = no sound and no network. Tnhe network case, easy with Pinxue kexts and some commands in the terminal. But for the sound, it was a big, big problem for me. But the solution was so easy, so easy.

I have the AppleAC97AudioVia.kext with my Vendor // Device ID (11063059) which is already downloaded. But with the AppleAC97Codec198x.kext, what am I suppose to do?? Edit and enter my ID Vendor?? Try, but nothong happened. Need help, simply.

So, I search on the web. I tried some methods, but no results, no sound. One week, without sleeping. Then, today, I read (not for the first time, 'course) the Info.plist in it. And I try to search by Google (Oh, dear friend Google! I love U!!) with this key = ADS74! And I find this forum (I knew it before, but??).

I read and I try without believing. After the commands, no sound.

I reboot and ... and .. and .. sound works !!! GREAT !!

With 5 words (my Soundcard is an Analog Devices AD1888 and the Codec ID is 41445368h,so I write ADS68 in Info.plist first in the line, before the other ADSxx), I have sound.

That's Incredible, but sound works.

GREAT THANKS FOR THAT, LUCOSE!!

ooooo brother..... I try and try,... ad still no sound..... :-(

I'm not sure about that card of yours, but i have a similar one, 1988b and I edited the AppleAzaliaAudio.kext to get any sound, since Tarugas patch doesn't work for my card yet, you need to edit the info.plist in main AppleAzaliaAudio and in it's plugins file called AppleAzaliaController, it gave me 2 speakers output, no mic or any other i/o 's. Good luck

I tryed Katmail method but I get this error when I put:

• sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

• kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions/

I dont Know why....

katMail? any advice?

thanks

post-89552-1173561552_thumb.jpg

Hi Panchus

Try to refer this link

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=232935

refer your error

Try type in Terminal for permission errors

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions

sudo rm -R /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

sudo rm -R /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

and do a reboot

Hope it help

regards

• 1 month later...

Hi,

i can see the volume bar, but no Sound, cannot play no video files either !!! vlc player chrashes

after reading this forum, i found out that you have to do some thing in terminal application & edit some .kext file ?? can some one please help me with that ? i mean atleat my sound, PLEASEE

my System Specs are

Description: SoundMAX Digital Audio

Default Sound Playback: Yes

Default Voice Playback: Yes

Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24D5&SUBSYS_01D51028&REV_02

Manufacturer ID: 65535

Product ID: 65535

I have deleted all ATI files as well, but still no sound, but a working bar, please can some one get my sound back, i will not give up on mac,Never, one way or another i will get my sound on mac, by the way i have jas 10.4.7 , thanks

i have soundmax hd soundcard manufacture id-65535 product id -65535 adi 1986a 6 channel audio hdaudio/func_01ven_11d4dev the motherboard is a asus-p5pl2 everything works i upgrade to 10.4.9 fix the usb the only thing i cant never get to work is the audio can someone help me thanks

hi

i have a asus p5l-mx with a soundmax AD1986A onboard. the Analog devices website http://www.analog.com/en/prod/0,2877,AD1986A,00.html says that the 1986a has "HD Audio and AC '97 Compliant CODEC". does this mean it can use either AC97 or Azalia/hi-def drivers? could i go through the procedures in this thread to get my mic in working (sound out works following realtek 8xx procedure). in Windows, I have it installed as Intel High Definition audio.

Greetings to all.

I have a Toshiba Tecra M2 laptop with OS X 10.4.8 loaded on top. Everything working fine apart from the sound :)

It has a SoundMax AD1981B according to Device Mgr under WinXP and Ellata. Vendor id is 8086 and device id is 24C5.

I have updated the appropriate files, Info.plist file under AppleAC97AudioIntelICH.kext with 24c58086 for ICH4 and under AppleAC97CodecAD198x.kext with ADS74 according to the AD1981B.pdf I got from www.analog.com

Forced a kextload -t AppleAC97CodecAD198x.kext and didn't see any errors. It loaded successfully and kextstat reported it.

Then did the right clean up:

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions

sudo rm -R /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

sudo rm -R /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

and do a reboot hoping my sound would work. After the reboot I went to System Preferences -> Sound but there is no Output Sound device :P

Starting to debug this and did a kextstat again. I got this:

asyrigos$ kextstat |grep 97
  53    1 0x2c689000 0xd000     0xc000     com.apple.driver.AppleAC97Audio (1.0.0) <52 11>
  54    0 0x2c696000 0x4000     0x3000     com.apple.driver.AppleAC97AudioIntelICH (1.0.0) <53 16 11>

This is showed after the reboot but if I run it 10 mins after the reboot these disappear! Is it cause they are not used?

Anyway I did also an ioreg -l and didn't get any AC97 info. Just this:

| |   +-o ASND@1F,5  
   | |   |   {
   | |   |     "device-id" = 
   | |   |     "vendor-id" = <86800000>
   | |   |     "IOName" = "pci8086,24c5"
   | |   |     "subsystem-vendor-id" = <79110000>
   | |   |     "Power Management protected data" = "{ theNumberOfPowerStates =$
   | |   |     "acpi-path" = "IOACPIPlane:/_SB/PCI0@0/ASND@1f0005"
   | |   |     "acpi-reg" = <00fd0000>
   | |   |     "reg" = <00fd00000000000000000000000000000000000010fd0001000000$
   | |   |     "revision-id" = <03000000>
   | |   |     "IOPCIResourced" = Yes
   | |   |     "class-code" = <00010400>
   | |   |     "IOInterruptControllers" = ("8259-pic")
   | |   |     "subsystem-id" = <46020000>
   | |   |     "Power Management private data" = "{ this object = 02c20780, in$
   | |   |     "compatible" = <"pci1179,246","pci8086,24c5","pciclass,040100">
   | |   |     "IOInterruptSpecifiers" = (<0b00000007000000>)
   | |   |     "name" = "pci8086,24c5"
   | |   |   }

Any idea how to debug this further?

Thanx

• 2 weeks later...

i have same problem and same device of Andreas Syrigos...please help!

Andreas Syrigos: i thinks the problem is that the AD1981B need to enable external amplifier...i must do it in linux for have a sound....but in this forum no one can how fix this problem.

hmmm im having a weird problem here. ok at first i had jas 10.4.6 installed on my new built, sound worked fine. i have:

My mobo P5GV-MX.

My sound card is Soundmax ich6

all worked fine, no sound in but i didnt care, i had sound out. i upgrated to jas 10.4.8 w/patches...i lost qe/ci but i still had sound (used diabolik gma900 to fix qe/ci) ok i hosed the system. did a clean re-install of jas 10.4.8 w/patches. now....no sound! wtf? i tried almost all methods mentioned here, and i cannot get sound, nothing shows up in sound devices...this is weird. is there something ican pull from the 10.4.6 dvd that can get my sound going?? anybody else had this issue? i really dont want to install 10.4.6 then upgreade to 10.4.8... :(

I've been trying to get sound on my laptop (Asus W3J w/ 10.4.9, AD1986A) for days now to no avail. Azalia gives me control to volume sliders but I get no sound, AC97 just wont work and AppleHDA patch, gives me "Line Out" and "Digital Out" however I still dont have sound. Has anybody gotten this combo (W3J + 11d41986/27D88086) to work? Please tell me your method. This is getting frustrating for real.

Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio

VEN: 8086

DEV: 27D8

SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio

VEN: 11D4

DEV: 1986

As per XP device manager. Can anyone help?

i have same problem and same device of Andreas Syrigos...please help!

Andreas Syrigos: i thinks the problem is that the AD1981B need to enable external amplifier...i must do it in linux for have a sound....but in this forum no one can how fix this problem.

Can you recommend a LiveCD I can download and test it out with a Linux distro?

• 3 weeks later...

@ bijoux: Hey, I got the same laptop and same vendor and dev ids. Unfortunately, I also got the same problems, and tried a lot of the methods out there. Tell me if you got a fix, I'll do the same if I manage to get it working.

W3J, Soundmax AD1986A - 11d41986, Microsoft UAA Bus Driver - 27D88086

Tried AppleHDA patch method - drag and drop AD1986A txt file into the patcher and it does its stuff automatically

- Line Out and Digital Out detected

- Can't move volume slider

- No built-in audio detected in system profiler

- Tried both audio sockets in my laptop with headphones, and laptop speakers

-> No Audio

Tried AppleAzaliaAudio method - removed AppleAC97Audio.kext, AppleHDA.kext and ALCinject.kext, inserted my ven+dev IDs for both HDA controller and sound card into AppleAzaliaAudio, moved it to Extensions, repaired permissions + ownership, cleared cache, rebooted

- HD Audio Output detected

- CAN move volume slider

-> No Audio

Tried AppleAC97Audio method - removed HDA, Azalia, etc., inserted ADS78 into AppleAC97CodecAD198x.kext Info.plist, and 0x27d88086 into IOPCIPrimaryMatch key for the AppleAC97AudioIntelICH.kext Info.plist, repaired permissions + ownership, cleared cache, rebooted

- Nothing detected

- Can't move volume slider

-> No Audio

Tried Azalia and AppleAC97Audio method combined, exactly the same result as trying Azalia by itself.

There are loads of different versions of the AppleAC97Audio.kext and AppleAzaliaAudio.kext files, I've tried several but they don't seem to make a difference. I can't tell if the internal mute is on or not, but pressing Fn+F10, which activates/de-activates it, makes no difference. Same with Fn+F12 which increases the volume. To repair permissions/ownership, and clear cache, I do the following:

sudo -s

<enter in my password>

cd /System/Library/Extensions/

chown -R root:wheel <drivername>.kext

chmod -R 755 <drivername>.kext

diskutil repairpermissions /

cd /System/Library/

rm -rf Extensions.mkext Extensions.kextcache

I also check using kextstat | grep AC97 or Azalia to see if the kext is loaded.

Please help, I'm close to buying a USB sound card, which I don't want to do, since the laptop only has 3 USB ports, all of which I use (USB splitters don't work, always get the too much USB power consumption error message). Thanks!!