Asus P5E DSDT fixes

• Please log in to reply
294 replies to this topic

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,839 posts
Audio-in works for me with the kext I edited.

Maybe you missed the last step? (HDA Hardware Config Resource)

Compare the dict from key HDAConfigDefault in your AD1988bFix.kext with AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext (in the kext I attached).

tommy6x

tommy6x

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Audio-in works for me with the kext I edited.

Maybe you missed the last step? (HDA Hardware Config Resource)

Compare the dict from key HDAConfigDefault in your AD1988bFix.kext with AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext (in the kext I attached).

You're right... or at least, I think so. When I looked into my kext, I found that I missed the last step, I don't know how... Never mind; I did a great mess with kexts and the kextcache of snow leopard. The first time I tried your kext, it didn't work, because (as I thought after) OSX hadn't the time to rebuild the kextcache before I rebooted. That's why I decided to make one myself, and (don't know why) I rebuilt the cache, but I didn't get that the cache was making it working. That was the kext not completely edited, and it explains why I didn't have audio-in working. Reading your answer, since I didn't make a backup of the original 10.6.8 AppleHDA, I reinstalled the update, and tried to repatch it, and it didn't work after a reboot (I didn't update the kextcache). After some other attemps, I tried to rebuild the kextcache with "touch /System/Library/Extensions"... After reboot, It was working, also the audio-in. Not satisfied, I reinstalled the DeltaUpdate, placed in /S/L/E your kext, rebuilt the cache and rebooted. Guess what?
It's working. ;)
I'm sorry, I did a really stupid mistake. Thanks for your help, time and work.

Matty___

Matty___

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
I assume the P5E will work with Lion? Can someone confirm this?

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,839 posts
Yes, works fine from first DP to GM.

magnifico

magnifico

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 2,469 posts
;)
Hi OLD

ALC889 in Lion not working , please you have idea for this problem

Attached Files

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,839 posts
Sorry, no idea. Should work with same method as 10.6.8.

magnifico

magnifico

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 2,469 posts

Sorry, no idea. Should work with same method as 10.6.8.

;)
I'Ve eliminate LegacyHDA and Hda Enabler fro E/E , and i've to replace DSDT with fix HDEF Gigabyte..

This is a my Extra in Lion..can you look this folder ?

Attached Files

Daurora2008

Daurora2008

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:Working on making games and working with Mac OS x86. I am strong into web development and someda...
I am wondering how I would find the information needed to edit the AppleHDA. I am running on VoodooHDA and would like to get out of using it. Would a codec dump be able to tell me what I would need to edit it? Thanks in advance for any help and sorry for the dumb question. I have only done light editing of different kexts up until now and I want to make my computer as Vanilla as possible.

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,839 posts
You can find the info in this topic
http://www.projectos...p?showtopic=465

There are some recent posts about Sigmatel.

Matty___

Matty___

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
Do you guys have sleep issues with 10.6.8 and lion GM?

Sleep does work but the resume give me troubles. computers seems to resume but the gfx doesn't (no fans spinning) keyboard and mouse is dead tho. Same issue on the both sl and lion

currently I am using chameleon 1171 with generated dsdt and p/c state from chameleon.

My old usb stick (i do use usb stick to boot so it's easier to try new bootloaders without nuking the whole installation) with AsereBLN version of chameloen with cust made dsdt works fine in SL. Changing the generated dsdt with the cust mades doesn't solve the problem.

on SL I did replace 2 kext (usb and pci) with the old versions from 6.7 to get it working again.
on lion the rtc kext is binary patch like some guys mentioned on this board without much success..

any ideas what else i could try to get sleep working again?
I'm not sure where the problems comes from. Is it the bootloaders or the installation it self? or just the combination of the new chameleon and SL/lion. I can't remember if I used the new chameleon with 6.7 or after the update to 6.8.
so whats really bugging me is that SL sleep isn't working which always did

atomiX_X

atomiX_X

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
10.6.8 seems to have fixed some sleep issues with mine that 10.6.7 had introduced. I had to use sleepenabler in 10.6.7 to make it wake from sleep but everything works now (still haven't figured out why). Not sure why you're having issues though.

There is an IOUSBFamily.kext mod that fixes some sleep issues. You might want to try it out. I used an older version of this mod on 10.5 to fix my sleep issues before I made my own DSDT. It might be of use to you.

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=239311

Matty___

Matty___

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

10.6.8 seems to have fixed some sleep issues with mine that 10.6.7 had introduced. I had to use sleepenabler in 10.6.7 to make it wake from sleep but everything works now (still haven't figured out why). Not sure why you're having issues though.

There is an IOUSBFamily.kext mod that fixes some sleep issues. You might want to try it out. I used an older version of this mod on 10.5 to fix my sleep issues before I made my own DSDT. It might be of use to you.

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=239311

thx for the tip.
I think I will restart again with just
1.chameleon and generated dsdt, no extra kext and see how this works it not then:
2.chameleon and custmade dsdt, no extra kext

Matty___

Matty___

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
ok apperently the old usb stick has the same issue with resume. Strangely enough the first time I try to resume it does work. after that it stops working..

after couple of tries the screen only shows about 1/10 of the normal size. screen not readable but do see the mouse move but can't click no any thing../..

Starting to thing it's hardware related...

afiser

afiser

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
for sound i got lazy and used a pre 10.6.8 AppleHDA.kext in S/L/E and the old ad199bfix kext works in the extra folder. os x 10.7 app store download installed.

cheers

Matty___

Matty___

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
I was wondering. If I use the DSDT from the autopatcher do I need to drop the SSDT after all (DropSSDT" = "Yes" in chameleon)

Matty___

Matty___

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
btw fixed the sleep issue. Resume after S2 setting in bios was on. After RTC patch resume from sleep works.

plexiputer

plexiputer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Hello Oldnapalm

I've just got this little HP/OEM Asus board (1P18L-LB) running really well with DSDT help from MaLdOn.
The only problem is that either SL or Lion only sees the built in LSI Firewire 10% of the time.
Win 7 sees it all the time so the board is OK.

Occasionally I boot the machine and it shows up in profiler but most of the time it's just not showing.
When it is there, it works fine with a plug N play Apogee audio interface.

Any idea how I could get it showing 100% of the time?

This is my first ASUS experience!

LSI Firewire chipsets have been used in macbooks so I'm surprised it's not there every time on this board.

afiser

afiser

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
anyone having trouble with no vga after 10.7.2 update? i have an nvidia 9800GTX+ and all i get is a blank screen after the verbose screen.

EDIT: got it to work, had to remove my GFX0 DSDT entry. But now the driver is not working at full capacity, it is super laggy and there are obvious graphical glitches. idk what to do.

EDIT2: seems i was ignorant and did not have graphicsenabler toggled on. all works perfect now.

afiser

afiser

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
Since this seems like the de facto P5E thread, I was wondering if any of you have tried a SSD boot drive, and what your experiences with it were. Looking to gain some knowledge before I take the plunge.

Steve-o!

Steve-o!

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Since this does seem to be the P5E thread, is anyone else having trouble with the Marvell 88E056 causing the system to hang after running a while?

I have my box set up to switch between OSX and Windows 7. After running Windows 7 for a while (Skyrim addiction), I came back to OS X, but after running for a day or two my system became completely unresponsive. When I rebooted it would hang towards the end of verbose boot before the graphics started (When I got my system working again, I noticed that it was hanging right where it currently sets up the NIC).

After stumbling around a lot, I was able to boot up again after removing the LegacyAppleYukon2.kext from E/E, but then I didn't have networking. Whenever I tried to sudo kextutil LegacyAppleYukon2.kext or AppleYukon2Injector.kext, my computer would instantly freeze. Finally, I unplugged my computer for a while, which I'm guessing cleared out some RAM on the NIC. After I plugged back in and rebooted, I was able to load the AppleYukon2 injector, and I put it back in E/E and everything is working fine.

Thanks for any help/advice!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy