• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

mazhar Khan

mazhar Khan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

is it possible to boot without usb or boot cd (like msi wind u100)?

Hi,

I would like to know if it possible to use without usb stick or cd boot ?

if it possible, is it possible to put boot to usb key only with snow leopard ?

Regards,

I used the USB boot package given by Daniel. Once Snow Leopard has been restored to the pen drive, you must run this installer script that will make your USB drive bootable on your B202. Keep in mind that you must first have upgraded to Daniel's improved BIOS ROM. Once you have installed the USB bootCD script everything will be kosher.

DanielFo

DanielFo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

is it possible to boot without usb or boot cd (like msi wind u100)?

Hi,

I would like to know if it possible to use without usb stick or cd boot ?

if it possible, is it possible to put boot to usb key only with snow leopard ?

Regards,

And you need the boot cd or usb stick only for installation (until you install my driver package).

Rollende_Babba

Rollende_Babba

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
After trying several driver packs for my lan and wifi i now have to install everything over.
But in the bios it displayed a jmicron lan....
That gave kernel panics. So i think this isn't going to work unfortunaly.
Also when read all topics about this issue i think there isn't any hope. :(

DanielFo

DanielFo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

After trying several driver packs for my lan and wifi i now have to install everything over.
But in the bios it displayed a jmicron lan....
That gave kernel panics. So i think this isn't going to work unfortunaly.
Also when read all topics about this issue i think there isn't any hope. :)

Sorry, you are right. There are different types of B202 available. I have a Realtek RTL8111C Ethernet adapter. I will add this information to my guide...

Thanks for your help!

Rollende_Babba

Rollende_Babba

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Sorry, you are right. There are different types of B202 available. I have a Realtek RTL8111C Ethernet adapter. I will add this information to my guide...

Thanks for your help!

Ok no problem, i think i just need to buy a wireless USB network adapter, wich one should you advice me?

DanielFo

DanielFo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Ok no problem, i think i just need to buy a wireless USB network adapter, wich one should you advice me?

Or you replace the inside wlan adapter like me. It isn't that difficult. There is a list of working adapters at the end of my guide.

Rollende_Babba

Rollende_Babba

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Or you replace the inside wlan adapter like me. It isn't that difficult. There is a list of working adapters at the end of my guide.

Where do I put in the minipci card in the eeebox?
If i open it I only see the memory bank.
I bought this one: Broadcom BCM94321MC (802.11n, 300MB)
Hopefully this will work. I'll let you know.

DanielFo

DanielFo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Where do I put in the minipci card in the eeebox?
If i open it I only see the memory bank.
I bought this one: Broadcom BCM94321MC (802.11n, 300MB)
Hopefully this will work. I'll let you know.

You have to open it completely. Watch this video: (at 6:00 you can see the card)

Rollende_Babba

Rollende_Babba

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

You have to open it completely. Watch this video: (at 6:00 you can see the card)

alright, installed. But nothing to setup and any connection. Do i need à airportupdate or something to get it work?
I have this one; - Broadcom BCM94321MC

DanielFo

DanielFo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

alright, installed. But nothing to setup and any connection. Do i need à airportupdate or something to get it work?
I have this one; - Broadcom BCM94321MC

Delete your kext cache (in Terminal)
sudo rm -r /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches
reboot and enable WLAN in your BIOS.

Rollende_Babba

Rollende_Babba

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Delete your kext cache (in Terminal)

reboot and enable WLAN in your BIOS.

i typed this in terminal, after reboot it was already "on".
In osx nothing again, i installed it properly. Are you dure i don't need any extra software?

DanielFo

DanielFo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

i typed this in terminal, after reboot it was already "on".
In osx nothing again, i installed it properly. Are you dure i don't need any extra software?

It should work out of the box but i tested this only with an Atheros AR5BXB7 card. Some other users got problems with your card too but with the following kext it worked: IOPCIFamily.kext

Copy the kext to /System/Library/Extensions/ and set correct permissions:
sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/IOPCIFamily.kext
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/IOPCIFamily.kext
and delete kext cache:

Reboot and let me know if it works.

Rollende_Babba

Rollende_Babba

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

It should work out of the box but i tested this only with an Atheros AR5BXB7 card. Some other users got problems with your card too but with the following kext it worked: IOPCIFamily.kext

Copy the kext to /System/Library/Extensions/ and set correct permissions:

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/IOPCIFamily.kext
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/IOPCIFamily.kext
and delete kext cache:

Reboot and let me know if it works.

Kernel panic all the time. I don't have external drive now O(nly ide via USB but that doesnt seem to work with booting) so i cant install new osx, any sugestions? I have à install o&n USB stick. But i have nothing without THE bootcd isn't it?

THE system also said after installing THE kext that it isn't usable on this system, but i think thats normal message...
Also DanielFo... I realy apreciate your help all THE time!

Damn i did THE last one wrong, i copy pasted THE Same path from THE other two ;( {censored}!!
I'll take THE drive tommorow and now gonna watch Bayern Mnchen vs Juventus :P

Rollende_Babba

Rollende_Babba

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Kernel Panic!
again... now i typed it right... :wacko:
what is the problem here??? It should be compatible with OSX.
Maybe I can try this one: http://www.kexts.com...xx_working.html

mazhar Khan

mazhar Khan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

And you need the boot cd or usb stick only for installation (until you install my driver package).

You do only need the USB stick for installation. After that you can reformat it or keep it as a installation backup like i have.

Rollende_Babba

Rollende_Babba

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

You do only need the USB stick for installation. After that you can reformat it or keep it as a installation backup like i have.

Im using a USB thumbstick also as installer, i needed it now for already 9 times :wacko:

Rollende_Babba

Rollende_Babba

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
I have it installed with a broadcom fix from somewhere, now is sees the airport but I cannot turn it on.

aaah im getting closer :censored2:

mazhar Khan

mazhar Khan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I have it installed with a broadcom fix from somewhere, now is sees the airport but I cannot turn it on.

aaah im getting closer :censored2:

When you say broadcom fix are you refering to drivers for the standard out of the box wifi card? i must say i did have 1 kernel panic (is that the black screen that says to restart my pc in 10 different languages?) the first reboot after installing the wifi drivers from the ralink website. however, upon reboot, i never encountered a problem again.

since im using my mac eee through the LAN, i really couldnt care less about the wifi card at this point. point to note - it doesnt register as a airport card - i have to use the ralink utility to register any sort of wifi connection.

Rollende_Babba

Rollende_Babba

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

When you say broadcom fix are you refering to drivers for the standard out of the box wifi card? i must say i did have 1 kernel panic (is that the black screen that says to restart my pc in 10 different languages?) the first reboot after installing the wifi drivers from the ralink website. however, upon reboot, i never encountered a problem again.

since im using my mac eee through the LAN, i really couldnt care less about the wifi card at this point. point to note - it doesnt register as a airport card - i have to use the ralink utility to register any sort of wifi connection.

yes kernel panic is the black screen I had that all the time, not only the first time, after installing those drivers. The system sees it now as BCM4312 14e4:4315 dev01 ... but i cannot make any connection. I did a io810family.kext installation. Maybe if i install osx again and using the broadcomfix it will work..... maybe i'll try that tonight.

Merck

Merck

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi.. I have a EEEBox 202 too. From where can I tell if I have the right hardware ie Realtek RTL8111C Ethernet.

When I install S.L. will the hidden partition that has original XP in it be wiped out.

And in future, after installation of S.L. will i still be able to access this hidden partition to do a clean re-install back to Window XP.

Should I just buy S.L upgrade version.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy