210 replies to this topic

Rollende_Babba

Rollende_Babba

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
No not working...

Ive used a slidely different wat to install but in theory it's the same...
I got this message,;

Your system have to reboot hold down bla bla bla...
Network isn't working. I have the right retail version.
Ive been into macos, but couldn't use THE out of THE box network connection. With your bootcd i cannot boot. THE system is installed right in my hdd. Icebeen into osx and used it so why isn't it possible to start from it after install , i've did all THE steps described here. It is installed at you way, please help.

DanielFo

DanielFo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

1) If I plan on dual booting SL with W7 should I install as MBR rather than GUID as you have instructed in the tutorial or does it remain at GUID regardless?

Sorry I've never installed a dual boot system and so i cannot help you in this case.

2) Can your boot cd be booted from the front SD card slot? (My intention is to bootcd from SD slot and boot SL from 8gb pen drive) If possible... how can I set up the sd card to boot in this manner? As in, is there a tool for windows that would allow me to do that (?ubuntusbmaker or something like that?) or is it just a matter of copy and pasting the contents of the iso?

You need the Boot CD only for Installation and till you install the driver pack. It should be no problem to boot SL from a pen drive (but i think 8gb are not enough). Install Leo and my driver pack to it and you should be able to boot Leo from it.

3) You have recommended to upgrade to 10.6.2. How do we upgrade but not lose the atom kernel? At what point to patch the kernel?

You can update to 10.6.2 but after the installation of 10.6.2 you have to reboot and use my boot cd again to boot into 10.6.2 (my boot cd loads the old kernel). Then you have to install the patched Kernel from my EeeBox Package and the other stuff...

drknight

drknight

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Finally got a chance to try this out and it works perfectly!!! THANKS!!!

mazhar Khan

mazhar Khan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Finally, it is installing! :P
i used two drives one sdhc and one USB stick. How? I Will describe later in a�new topic because i Did it different than described any elsewhere. But it works! Thanks for everything!

Hi, could you please explain how you managed to get Daniel's bootcd to load through the front SD card slot? I tried unetbookin and hp disk utility but no success. If you could please give me some information, that would help me so much.

I know how to copy the DMG to the pen drive thats not hard. I just cant get the bootcd to copy and load from SDHC. Please help!

Sorry I've never installed a dual boot system and so i cannot help you in this case.

You need the Boot CD only for Installation and till you install the driver pack. It should be no problem to boot SL from a pen drive (but i think 8gb are not enough). Install Leo and my driver pack to it and you should be able to boot Leo from it.

You can update to 10.6.2 but after the installation of 10.6.2 you have to reboot and use my boot cd again to boot into 10.6.2 (my boot cd loads the old kernel). Then you have to install the patched Kernel from my EeeBox Package and the other stuff...

Thank you for your quick reply Daniel. I am having difficulty in porting your boot CD to a SDHC card so that I can boot from the SDHC(your bootcd emulated) and have it install the snow leopard retail image from my 8gb pen drive. If you know of any means of transfering the boot CD contents to SDHC and still have it be bootable - please do let me know.

Much thanks again to you and the others on this thread and community at large.

DanielFo

DanielFo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Hi, could you please explain how you managed to get Daniel's bootcd to load through the front SD card slot? I tried unetbookin and hp disk utility but no success. If you could please give me some information, that would help me so much.

I know how to copy the DMG to the pen drive thats not hard. I just cant get the bootcd to copy and load from SDHC. Please help!

Thank you for your quick reply Daniel. I am having difficulty in porting your boot CD to a SDHC card so that I can boot from the SDHC(your bootcd emulated) and have it install the snow leopard retail image from my 8gb pen drive. If you know of any means of transfering the boot CD contents to SDHC and still have it be bootable - please do let me know.

Much thanks again to you and the others on this thread and community at large.

You can restore your Mac OS X Installation DVD to a SDHC card or memory stick and install Chameleon Boot Loader on that drive with my kernel and extensions. I will try to make a Package for these steps.

mazhar Khan

mazhar Khan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

You can restore your Mac OS X Installation DVD to a SDHC card or memory stick and install Chameleon Boot Loader on that drive with my kernel and extensions. I will try to make a Package for these steps.

Thanks again for the advice and quick reply. Will look forward to your package in the near future I hope ;-)

DanielFo

DanielFo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Thanks again for the advice and quick reply. Will look forward to your package in the near future I hope ;-)

I added this package and informations how to use it to my guide.

mazhar Khan

mazhar Khan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
You are the MAN! Thanks for the super fast usb installer package update bro! I hope to get this installed tomorrow!!!

How do I install it to the USB Drive? I assume its a standard Chameleon install package?

DanielFo

DanielFo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

You are the MAN! Thanks for the super fast usb installer package update bro! I hope to get this installed tomorrow!!!

How do I install it to the USB Drive? I assume its a standard Chameleon install package?

Yes, like Chameleon install package but including the patched kernel and required extensions and some other stuff. Just open the package, select the usb drive and install it after you restored your Install DVD to it.

g3blv

g3blv

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,

Does any one know if USB ports are working as on a normal Mac? Would I for instance be able to use a Elgato TV tuner with this installation? How big does the USB stick need to be for the USB stick installation?

Thx,

Mikael

DanielFo

DanielFo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Hi,

Does any one know if USB ports are working as on a normal Mac? Would I for instance be able to use a Elgato TV tuner with this installation? How big does the USB stick need to be for the USB stick installation?

Thx,

Mikael

Yes, the USB ports works as on a normal Mac. I tried the installation with a 8GB SDHC card and it was big enough.

drknight

drknight

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi there,

My machine was working fine this morning but now when i try to boot up the machine, i get a grey screen after seeing the apple logo.. tried using your boot CD but that didn't work either.. and suggestion would be much appreciated.

EDIT: finally got it booted up after about 5 times.. soo strange.. BTW.. my CPU is still shown as unknown.. is that normal?

DanielFo

DanielFo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Hi there,

My machine was working fine this morning but now when i try to boot up the machine, i get a grey screen after seeing the apple logo.. tried using your boot CD but that didn't work either.. and suggestion would be much appreciated.

EDIT: finally got it booted up after about 5 times.. soo strange.. BTW.. my CPU is still shown as unknown.. is that normal?

Unknown is normal but the boot behavior not. Do you use a DVI-to-VGA adapter? Which installation method did you choose? Can you copy and paste your system.log here?

Rollende_Babba

Rollende_Babba

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Everything is running!!! Thanks! It were 2 weeks of tweaking but finally its working except lan and wifi.
I used your link for wifi without succes, and LAN isn't working also.
Do you have any ideas or suggestions?

It says i have a Jmicron ethernet adapter
and Atheros network controller.

DanielFo

DanielFo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Everything is running!!! Thanks! It were 2 weeks of tweaking but finally its working except lan and wifi.
I used your link for wifi without succes, and LAN isn't working also.
Do you have any ideas or suggestions?

It says i have a Jmicron ethernet adapter
and � Atheros network controller.

Are you sure that you have an EeeBox B202? I didn't know that they built different hardware in it.

Rollende_Babba

Rollende_Babba

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Are you sure that you have an EeeBox B202? I didn't know that they built different hardware in it.

:( i suppose i have one. Yes i'm pretty shure, it's displayed on the box.
I'm trying to find out wich drivers i can use. If only one could work i'm happy.

drknight

drknight

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Unknown is normal but the boot behavior not. Do you use a DVI-to-VGA adapter? Which installation method did you choose? Can you copy and paste your system.log here?

I followed your installation method. I am using a DVI-to-VGA adapter.... this grey screen only seems to happen when i disconnect my ext. dvd drive from the eeebox

here's the log file:

Dec 5 11:10:07 localhost configd[14]: network configuration changed.
Dec 5 11:10:07 MacBook configd[14]: setting hostname to "MacBook.local"
Dec 5 11:10:13 MacBook bootlog[43]: BOOT_TIME: 1260029383 0
Dec 5 11:10:13 MacBook DumpPanic[40]: Error getting a reference to IODeviceTree:/options
Dec 5 11:10:13 MacBook com.apple.DumpPanic[40]: 2009-12-05 11:10:13.482 DumpPanic[40:107] Error getting a reference to IODeviceTree:/options
Dec 5 11:10:13 MacBook com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.DumpPanic[40]): Exited with exit code: 1

mazhar Khan

mazhar Khan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Daniel, Big big big thank you. Im fully up and running. Your instructions and packages couldn't be easier to use.

1) Reformat and repartition your USB pen drive to 1 partition mac os extended journaled GUID
2) Resotre snow leopard dmg to usb pen drive and install bootcd loader image for usb provided by daniel.
3) Boot and select pen drive
4) Load installer - format Hard drive to GUID 1 partition mac os journaled.
5) Install
6) Reboot and select internal Hd
7) do combo update to 10.6.2
8) Reboot and select internal hd
9) run drivers package
10) reboot
11) Enjoy

Thanks again mate! Perfect lil machine! full 1080p action!

DanielFo

DanielFo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

I followed your installation method. I am using a DVI-to-VGA adapter.... this grey screen only seems to happen when i disconnect my ext. dvd drive from the eeebox

here's the log file:

Dec 5 11:10:07 localhost configd[14]: network configuration changed.
Dec 5 11:10:07 MacBook configd[14]: setting hostname to "MacBook.local"
Dec 5 11:10:13 MacBook bootlog[43]: BOOT_TIME: 1260029383 0
Dec 5 11:10:13 MacBook DumpPanic[40]: Error getting a reference to IODeviceTree:/options
Dec 5 11:10:13 MacBook com.apple.DumpPanic[40]: 2009-12-05 11:10:13.482 DumpPanic[40:107] Error getting a reference to IODeviceTree:/options
Dec 5 11:10:13 MacBook com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.DumpPanic[40]): Exited with exit code: 1

It seems that you aren't using my patched Bios or have some other Bios settings than me. This are my settings, all others are default:

Advanced:
	JumperFree Config:
		AI Overclocking: [Profile]
		CPU Overclocking: [Level 3]
		Graphics Core Render Clock: [250 MHz]
	CPU Config:
		Intel® C-STATE Tech: [Enabled]
	Chipset:
		DRAM Frequency: [533 MHz]
Power:
	ACPI 2.0 Support: [Enabled]
Tools:
	Express Gate: [Disabled]

senjy

senjy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
is it possible to boot without usb or boot cd (like msi wind u100)?

Daniel, Big big big thank you. Im fully up and running. Your instructions and packages couldn't be easier to use.

1) Reformat and repartition your USB pen drive to 1 partition mac os extended journaled GUID
2) Resotre snow leopard dmg to usb pen drive and install bootcd loader image for usb provided by daniel.
3) Boot and select pen drive
4) Load installer - format Hard drive to GUID 1 partition mac os journaled.
5) Install
6) Reboot and select internal Hd
7) do combo update to 10.6.2
8) Reboot and select internal hd
9) run drivers package
10) reboot
11) Enjoy

Thanks again mate! Perfect lil machine! full 1080p action!

Hi,

I would like to know if it possible to use without usb stick or cd boot ?

if it possible, is it possible to put boot to usb key only with snow leopard ?

Regards,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy