Full solution for Zotac IONITX Atom 330 for 10.6.x SL

458 posts in this topic

I have tried OSXPCBETA2010.iso too but it's the same. The installation was fine but at the first boot the system won't boot and says :

MAC Framework successfully initialized

using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers

What's the problems ??

It's 20 days i try every distros : ideneb v1.4 , Kalyway 10.5.6 , Snow Leopard Hazard and now OSXPCBETA, with no positive results :D

Can someone send me the exactly BIOS settings for every voice ??

Regards

. . please read my answer (post 5) in the Zotac Mag thread here

I have got a Funtwist Fiono 330 nettop which is also a Nvidia ION chipset machine and successfully install Snow Leopard 10.6.2 on it and everything seems working fine. The guide is very helpful! I like this ION "Mac Mini" & HTPC very much! Thanks a lot to shoarthing, eugene k2'', teateam, etc....... Great job!

fiono-330-16.jpg

Fiono 330 photo from: http://netbooked.net/netbook-reviews/revie...-nettop-review/

Has any one gotten the a 1080p video running smoothly on a ionitx?

When i tried it it didn't use the 9400 to accelerate the video so 1080p play back was not possible, so i switched to xbmc for the moment until tis is fixed.

P.S. i really miss macos :P

Hi , I dumed DSDT of ZOTAC MAG HD ND01 , see post 6 of this topic for detail. DSDT file also attached.

Ok but what do you mean ?!? You have dumped your DSDT of your configuration , but it is funcionally ?? If i install Snow leopard, it will not boot. If i take out the hard disk and connect it to a hack-mac and overwrite the DSDT with your file, then it will boot ???

I still hadn't understand if someone have a Zotac MAG with Snow Leopard or Leopard installed and working.

Can you explain better the situation ?!? There is a post for the Zotac MAG user...and the last reply was mine...the situation was that it isn't working. There is any news ?!? Sorry for disturbing you again. Regards

I've followed the guide with mixed success, some things work, and some things are confusing (like which version of Chameleon can I use or which SHOULD I use). What I really want to know is how to enable 64bit, and what needs to be in place for it to run at 64 bit?

Just two quick questions about this setup if you don't mind,

1: When you say WiFi is working, do you mean stock WiFi or did you swap the card?

2: Does the Mini-PCIE slot have a whitelist? If I wanted to install the WiFi N card from a Mac Pro would I be able to? How would I go about adding the 2nd antenna?

3: Has anyone tried updating the bootloader to one that works with the Atom in 10.6.2? The Mini 311 guide and NetbookInstaller both use one that sets the Atom to a Intel Core Duo so you don't need a patched kernel.

Thanks in advance :D

Just two quick questions about this setup if you don't mind,

1: When you say WiFi is working, do you mean stock WiFi or did you swap the card?

Stock WiFi works & is seen as Airport - in 10.6.2 both 32bit & 64bit. I replaced the original with a Macbook BCM43xx card because it has better performance, supporting 5Ghz wide-channel, which the supplied card doesn't.
2: Does the Mini-PCIE slot have a whitelist? If I wanted to install the WiFi N card from a Mac Pro would I be able to? How would I go about adding the 2nd antenna?
- no whitelist (hardly likely in a retail motherboard, surely?) You'll need to buy an extra antenna plus lead - find 'em on fleabay.
3: Has anyone tried updating the bootloader to one that works with the Atom in 10.6.2? The Mini 311 guide and NetbookInstaller both use one that sets the Atom to a Intel Core Duo so you don't need a patched kernel.
You'll need the teateam 10.6.2 32-bit or 64bit binhacked kernels - these support HTT [important for performance]. Afaik most of the current booters identify 'unknown' CPUs as Core Duos/C2Ds.

Frankly you can get a fully functional ION-ITX with 'standard' OSX86 utilities, kexts & so on - the only specific kext required is the ALC662.kext I came up with, together with the appropriate dsdt edit to support it. I had my ION-ITX fully functional [bar sleep - I keep mine on 24/7] some time before this 'full solution' came along. The key is getting your dsdt right.

The sole hassle with these ION mobos is installation - presumably fine if you have a SATA optical drive [i've never tried this] but a pain otherwise, since due to USB issues you need to install to your target HDD from another working SL installation.

eugene k2, shoarthing , thanks your great post, It's help me much.

I have install 10.6.0 Retail to my Zotac MAG MiniPC , CPU is ATOM 330 too , mainboard almost same as common Zotac IONITX mainborad, except Audio IC is Realtek ALC888 . So I have to put VoodooHDA.kext in /S/L/E to make Audio work since I made LegacyHDA of ALC888 failed.

I use P-state calculator + voodoopower.kext get magic number as same as eugene k2's and add it to DSDT.

But still have HTT issue and still need NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

Hyper Threading Technology can NOT set to enable in BIOS , or it will kernel panic.

kernel panic info is should have 4 cores .....

Still need NullCPUPowerManagement.kext , when remove it , show

kernel panic Info: unsupported cpu: family = 0x06 model = 0x1c steeping = 0x2 "@/SourceCache/AppleIntelCPUPowerMangagement_90/pmProcessor.c

=================================================

Do I need to update to 10.6.2 and use a Patched Kernel?

What's KeyPoint of sovle HTT issue?

Any advice are appreciate.

The attachment is my /Extra stuff and original DSDT.aml.

Extra_DSDT_ori.zip

. . . .

But still have HTT issue and still need NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

Hyper Threading Technology can NOT set to enable in BIOS , or it will kernel panic.

kernel panic info is should have 4 cores .....

Still need NullCPUPowerManagement.kext , when remove it , show

kernel panic Info: unsupported cpu: family = 0x06 model = 0x1c steeping = 0x2 "@/SourceCache/AppleIntelCPUPowerMangagement_90/pmProcessor.c

=================================================

Do I need to update to 10.6.2 and use a Patched Kernel?

What's KeyPoint of sovle HTT issue?

. . the Teateam binhacked 32/64-bit 10.6.2 kernel [after an update to 10.6.2] will definitely solve your HTT issues, & *should* allow you to run without NullIntelCPUPowerManagement.

. . the Teateam binhacked 32/64-bit 10.6.2 kernel [after an update to 10.6.2] will definitely solve your HTT issues, & *should* allow you to run without NullIntelCPUPowerManagement.

Hi , shoarthing , thanks for your nice tips. Now , I can run my Zotac MAG under 10.6.2 retail with HTT enable and no need NullIntelCPUPowerManagement.

But I can NOT run it under 64bit mode. uname -a show me

10.2.0 Darwin Kernel Version 10.2.0: Tue Nov 3 10:37:10 PST 2009; root:xnu-1486.2.11~1/RELEASE_I386 i386

When I try boot with arch=x86_64 , it's black screen then no responding. It's flash too fast , so I have to record then extract a frame, not clear

Any suggestion?

post-106808-1269958086_thumb.jpg

Hi thnx for the great tutorial and helping comments! That being said, I've got some minor problems which I was hoping someone has a solution for :(

1)

All is working well, even sleep but when I reboot the system the board says "checksum error, press F1" etc etc

So every time the system reboots I have to redo all the BIOS settings. This is my biggest problem atm and can't imagine what it could be other then the battery, what would be strange because the board is new.

2)

I was planning on using this hackintosh as a fileserver (G4 Cube modded to fit the board with 2TB) and would like to put it to sleep and wake it on LAN, I've found the option in the BIOS put it to enabled, and also in OSX I've enabled the option Wake on LAN. But nothing works.

Hope someone has had these problems before but I haven't found them in this topic.

I've got the same issue that others have where upon clicking sleep it, the monitor turns black but the zotac ion itx stays on.

Are there a particular combo of bios settings that need to be set? i.e. S1/S3 etc...

Screenies would be good, or a written way to reproduce the correct bios settings.

Hi thnx for the great tutorial and helping comments! That being said, I've got some minor problems which I was hoping someone has a solution for :D

1)

All is working well, even sleep but when I reboot the system the board says "checksum error, press F1" etc etc

So every time the system reboots I have to redo all the BIOS settings. This is my biggest problem atm and can't imagine what it could be other then the battery, what would be strange because the board is new.

2)

I was planning on using this hackintosh as a fileserver (G4 Cube modded to fit the board with 2TB) and would like to put it to sleep and wake it on LAN, I've found the option in the BIOS put it to enabled, and also in OSX I've enabled the option Wake on LAN. But nothing works.

Hope someone has had these problems before but I haven't found them in this topic.

I've got a little bit further, it has something to do with the DSDT, after replacing it with the one in the first post i can now shutdown and boot again without having to change BIOS settings, only thing now is that this doesnt work with rebooting, then I DO have to do the changes in the BIOS, strange aint it?

Well the settings I have changed in BIOS every time are: ACPI mode set from S1 to S3 (dunno if this is necessary but seems so..) SATA mode set from SATA to AHCI and changing VRAM from 64MB to 512MB. These are the only 3 things needed for me to get into OSX and be able to use sleep.

I've got a little bit further, it has something to do with the DSDT, after replacing it with the one in the first post i can now shutdown and boot again without having to change BIOS settings, only thing now is that this doesnt work with rebooting, then I DO have to do the changes in the BIOS, strange aint it?

Well the settings I have changed in BIOS every time are: ACPI mode set from S1 to S3 (dunno if this is necessary but seems so..) SATA mode set from SATA to AHCI and changing VRAM from 64MB to 512MB. These are the only 3 things needed for me to get into OSX and be able to use sleep.

Are you running 10.6.3 or 10.6.2?

actually the u and e differentiate between what power supply method is used, the e being your standard 20 pin and the u being the onboard 90w with the power brick.

Thanks very much for the boot file. But I have a problem, not only with this boot file but with various other ones:

kernel panic @

PowerManagment/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment-90/pmProcessor.c:210
Debugger called: <panic>

I tried changing the S-ATA setting to ACHI but that didn't change things.

Using Zotac IONITX-A-U, the "U" is, apparently, just a region code.

Thanks for any advice.

• 2 weeks later...