Full solution for Zotac IONITX Atom 330 for 10.6.x SL

458 posts in this topic

Hi all - happy to announce I've got wake on lan running, and it was reeeeaaaally easy. NOOBTASTIC. I'm using the following:

-IONITX-F-E board

-4 gb ram

-Bios settings from Polvorito (see post 238 for info)

-Zip package from Alexylee

-Sleep Enabler 10.6.8

There is a setting in the BIOS under Advanced/APM Resume Event Configuration.. change "RESUME ON LAN (MAC)" to 'Enabled'. Boot the computer. When your mac is up and running go to System Preferences. Click 'Energy Saver'. Check the box that says 'Wake for Ethernet Access'. E A S Y. No .dsdt editing. Sleep, restart, and sound still working in harmony.

From here you can either open the appropriate ports for your intended uses (this article helps noobs like me: http://lifehacker.com/5797582/how-to-turn-your-computer-into-the-ultimate-remote-access-media-server), or download software that does it for you. After configuring VPN, VLC, and FTP, I decided to just use Slink, as it has great bonjour support, uses ssh-tunneling for fewer open ports, and has a real pretty user interface. No iOS option yet, unfortunately.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I want to do a hackintosh on a Zotac IONITX-D-E board. I have done one previous hackintosh but I'm hardly an expert. I have read Michael Glass instructions, but I do not have another real Mac or hackintosh. So my question is ..... is it possible to set up my Hackintosh disk for the Zotac using a Linux system? Linux does support the HFS+ filesystem, tho Linux is obviously not OSX .... thx, Gus

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've managed to install Mavericks on Zotac IONITX-A-E.

I used a VM of ML on my windows machine to create the installer USB. I created the installer USB using the myHacks app and pointing it to my copy of Mavericks. I then replaced the mach_kernel patched by theconnactic on post #16 here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/289080-thoughts-about-mavericks-with-atom-yes-atom/

In order to boot I had USB set to hi-speed and legacy and Sata set to AHCI enabled. I then had to enter this in order to boot through to the installer :

npci=0x3000 USBLegacyOff=Yes -x -f

It took ages to install and once it finished installing myHacks extra stuff at the end of the install it hung saying "one minute remaining", typical, I left it for an hour then hard rebooted. 

I used the same boot params as above and now have a very basic but bootable Mavericks install.

Performance is slow, not sure why yet. Geekbench gave me ~350(single core) & 850(multicore), I used to get 1800s when I had Snow Leopard installed.

QE/CI seems to work, Chess app runs slowly. Ethernet seems to work, I think I replaced my wifi card to a compatible one a while ago since it seems to work fine also. Audio, Sleep, Shutdown/Restart and Power management needs to be fixed.

I'm going to work on this more tomorrow.

• Like 1