• Please log in to reply
449 replies to this topic

DislikeYou

DislikeYou

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

See my sig for the model of the BT dongle.

I had the same problem as you for accessing the BIOS, no delete key, I solved it with the LMP Bluetooth Keypad

Ok it seems to be the same dongle apple sells on their website, i wanted to buy it several days ago but i read somwhere it would make the bios on a pc to freeze so i decided to not get one. Maybe yours is a different chip or something :)

Oh. In my country they only sell F8T016NE, im not sure this one works in bios, if i knew i would maybe buy one to use as spare in case my dlink dies one day.

Swhay

Swhay

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
Here is (attached) a PDF outlining how to install an Apple Bluetooth module in a PC (hackintosh).

The DC-DC converter I bought on ebay works perfectly.

I hope someone can get some use out of my experience and success of installing an Apple Bluetooth module in a PC.

Everything related to Bluetooth works as it's supposed to. Works just as good as my 2009 iMac with Magic Mouse and small Bluetooth keyboard.

Enjoy.

Attached File  How_To_Add_an_Apple_Bluetooth_module_to_your_PC.pdf   331.72KB   1363 downloads

notshy

notshy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Here is (attached) a PDF outlining how to install an Apple Bluetooth module in a PC (hackintosh).

I hope someone can get some use out of my experience and success of installing an Apple Bluetooth module in a PC.

Everything related to Bluetooth works as it's supposed to. Works just as good as my 2009 iMac with Magic Mouse and small Bluetooth keyboard.

Enjoy.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to write this ! Downloading now !

Just ordering the parts now ! Found UK seller of BT module and shipping that converter over from US.

I love this sort of stuff !!!!

P.S. Someone has done something similar over on TonyMac using a RocketFish USB hub and taking the power from the PCB inside that.

D-an-W

D-an-W

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
notshy, pm me the link of the UK seller please.

Do you want to split the cost of importing the convertor from US and order two?

Swhay

Swhay

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Thanks a lot for taking the time to write this ! Downloading now !

Just ordering the parts now ! Found UK seller of BT module and shipping that converter over from US.

I love this sort of stuff !!!!

P.S. Someone has done something similar over on TonyMac using a RocketFish USB hub and taking the power from the PCB inside that.

I have a USB hub as well (non powered) but the ports still run around 5v still too high for the BT module. That's why I was searching for a DC-DC converter like I finally found on ebay (see link in my attached directions in my how to post above).

notshy

notshy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

I have a USB hub as well (non powered) but the ports still run around 5v still too high for the BT module. That's why I was searching for a DC-DC converter like I finally found on ebay (see link in my attached directions in my how to post above).

Bluetooth chip and antenna has arrived - £5 from eBay and now just waiting on the voltage converter from US to get over the pond !

D-an-W

D-an-W

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
Mines here too, smaller than I expected!

kmare

kmare

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Guys, you can also use 2x1N4001 diodes in series with the 5V UBS power to get the voltage down to ~3.6V or so. Working for me (see sig)

D-an-W

D-an-W

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
kmare, did you knock up a wiring diagram at any point?

notshy

notshy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Enjoy.

Attached File  How_To_Add_an_Apple_Bluetooth_module_to_your_PC.pdf   331.72KB   1363 downloads

So now I'm looking for a USB header cable to splice ...

Would this work?

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item3a6474d2ea

And just cut one of the cables to the USB bracket off ? I've seen lots of USB 5 pin cables about but I've got a X58A-UD3R has 10 pin headers so I think I need to cut up a two USB port cable so that it has the 10 pin header on it.

Will the cables going from the header to the bracket have the same wiring?

D-an-W

D-an-W

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
Swhay, does the Apple module work ok in the BIOS and Chameleon, I forgot to ask?

Swhay

Swhay

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Swhay, does the Apple module work ok in the BIOS and Chameleon, I forgot to ask?

I can't say it works in the BIOS, I have not tired it. As for Chameleon, it seems to work fine with the RC5 that I am using...

So now I'm looking for a USB header cable to splice ...

Would this work?

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item3a6474d2ea

And just cut one of the cables to the USB bracket off ? I've seen lots of USB 5 pin cables about but I've got a X58A-UD3R has 10 pin headers so I think I need to cut up a two USB port cable so that it has the 10 pin header on it.

Will the cables going from the header to the bracket have the same wiring?

Yes that should work just fine....

as for the 10 pin header, only 9 are used, and you don't need to use both sets of wires, you can pull one of the top sets out (4 wires red, white, green and black). If you look at your motherboard manual, it should show you the pin out of the USB headers. Each USB device only requires 4 wires, power, ground, data+ and data-

D-an-W

D-an-W

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
Good to hear, in my experience if it works in Chameleon it works in the BIOS too ;)

Powaking

Powaking

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Which bluetooth module are you guys getting? Just want to make sure I get the right one before I pull the trigger.

Swhay

Swhay

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Which bluetooth module are you guys getting? Just want to make sure I get the right one before I pull the trigger.

One of these from a Intel iMac, Macbook, or Macbook Pro.

Apple Bluetooth Module

kmare

kmare

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Had a few PMs so here is the wiring instructions for diode method.. Thanks to Swhay for his original diagram

Yes the green and yellow wires between the Apple and USB cable do cross over

Attached Files

stefano.85

stefano.85

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Had a few PMs so here is the wiring instructions for diode method.. Thanks to Swhay for his original diagram

Yes the green and yellow wires between the Apple and USB cable do cross over

Hi Kmare, i've followed your instructions using an old macbook white bluetooth module (2007 mid) and its working perfectly. Now i've got only a problem with sleep/wake. Before it worked, but now when he go to sleep also wake up after 3 seconds. Is this resolvable? i have a custom dsdt, maybe something to edit in there?? bye and thanks!

p.s. here's the screenshot

Attached Files

D-an-W

D-an-W

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
Did you remove any Bluetooth related kexts you might have added?

It might also be worth removing and re-adding all your bluetooth devices if you haven't already.

stefano.85

stefano.85

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
Attached File  dsdt.aml.zip   16.12KB   8 downloads

Did you remove any Bluetooth related kexts you might have added?

It might also be worth removing and re-adding all your bluetooth devices if you haven't already.

no, this is my first bluetooth dongle that i connect to, also i have all vanilla kext in S/L/E (apart applehda and atherosL1e kexts), and in E/E efi i've only the kexts in rig (the first one)

Note: i use rip3lan script utility to make sure it goes to sleep after a specified time.
sorry for english. If anyone can help me i've attached my dsdt in case there's something wrong in it! tnx

Note2: this is what i get in system.log when i try to put the computer to sleep:

Apr 2 15:10:34 Mac-Pro-di-Stefano loginwindow[44]: loginwindow SleepWakeCallback WILL sleep
Apr 2 15:10:41 Mac-Pro-di-Stefano loginwindow[44]: loginwindow SleepWakeCallback will power on, Currenttime:4/2/2011 3:10:41.001 PM - Waketime:4/2/2011 3:10:41.000 PM = Deltatime:0.001297951
Apr 2 15:10:41 Mac-Pro-di-Stefano configd[13]: network configuration changed.
Apr 2 15:10:41 Mac-Pro-di-Stefano configd[13]: PMConnection AirPort configd plug-in com.apple.powermanagement.applicationresponse.slowresponse 179 ms
Apr 2 15:10:41 Mac-Pro-di-Stefano configd[13]: PMConnection IPConfiguration com.apple.powermanagement.applicationresponse.slowresponse 180 ms
Apr 2 15:10:41 Mac-Pro-di-Stefano configd[13]: network configuration changed.
Apr 2 15:10:45 Mac-Pro-di-Stefano mDNSResponder[43]: DeregisterInterface: Frequent transitions for interface en0 (192.168.0.3)

stefano.85

stefano.85

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
Investigating in kernel.log I've found this when the pc goes to sleep:

Apr 2 15:38:27 Mac-Pro-di-Stefano kernel[0]: System Sleep
Apr 2 15:38:31 Mac-Pro-di-Stefano kernel[0]: Wake reason = UHC5
Apr 2 15:38:31 Mac-Pro-di-Stefano kernel[0]: System Wake
Apr 2 15:38:31 Mac-Pro-di-Stefano kernel[0]: USB (EHCI):Port 4 on bus 0xfa connected or disconnected: portSC(0x101803)
Apr 2 15:38:31 Mac-Pro-di-Stefano kernel[0]: The USB device WirelessControllerDevice (Port 2 of Hub at 0x3a000000)

It seems that the system wakes up because the card tells to do it due to disconnect/connect

EDIT: Resolved by modify DSDT in UHC5 section to disable the ability to the bluetooth device to wake up system.Now all works perfectly!

EDIT: The cons is that if i have a mouse bluetooth or keyboard connected i cannot wake up from their, so the issue it's only half resolved.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy