[GUIDE] Making a DSDT.aml for Dell XPS M1330, XPS M1530, and XPS M1730

immo

2,030 posts in this topic

P.S.: out of curiosity, why won't you upgrade your MacPro's RAM? Using a beast of a machine like the MacPro (even the 2006 model) with that little amount of RAM is kinda heartbreaking. :P

Well is not of my property, it's office's, also is a Mac Pro Gen 1 so there is no Mountainl Lion for that Mac Pro.

Also the XPS is from office, so I dont want to spend money on them.

:D

• Like 1

Now I am trying to bring Mountain Lion to the XPS-M1330, I lost faith in getting sound on Snow Leopard.

Right now is booting in Safe Mode, I got some incompatible Kexts

edit:

It appears that USB kects are not loading

Generating Extensions.mkext says:

IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext - no compatible dependency found for com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily.
AppleUSBXHCI.kext - no compatible dependency found for com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily.
IOUSBAttachedSCSI.kext - no compatible dependency found for com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily.
AppleWWANSupport1.kext - no compatible dependency found for com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily.
IOBluetoothUSBDFU.kext - no compatible dependency found for com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily.
AppleUSBAudio.kext - no compatible dependency found for com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily.
UFIWriteProtectedMediaDriver.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
NVinject.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
AppleUSBVideoSupport.kext - no dependency found for com.apple.kernel.iokit.
AppleUSBVideoSupport.kext - no dependency found for com.apple.kernel.libkern.
AppleUSBVideoSupport.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
AppleUSBCDCWCM.kext does not declare a kernel dependency; using com.apple.kernel.6.0.
AppleUSBCDCWCM.kext - no dependency found for com.apple.kernel.6.0.
AppleUSBCDCECMControl.kext does not declare a kernel dependency; using com.apple.kernel.6.0.
AppleUSBCDCECMControl.kext - no dependency found for com.apple.kernel.6.0.
AppleUSBCDCDMM.kext does not declare a kernel dependency; using com.apple.kernel.6.0.
AppleUSBCDCDMM.kext - no dependency found for com.apple.kernel.6.0.
AppleUSBCDCACMData.kext - no dependency found for com.apple.kernel.6.0.
AppleUSBCDCACMControl.kext does not declare a kernel dependency; using com.apple.kernel.6.0.
AppleUSBCDCACMControl.kext - no dependency found for com.apple.kernel.6.0.
AppleUSBCDC.kext does not declare a kernel dependency; using com.apple.kernel.6.0.
AppleUSBCDC.kext - no dependency found for com.apple.kernel.6.0.[/codeBOX]

EDIT2:

Made some kexts replacements and now is booting, lets see if I can get Speakers sound

EDIT3:

Still have some kexts with conflict:

IOUSBAttachedSCSI.kext - no compatible dependency found for com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily.

IOBluetoothUSBDFU.kext - no compatible dependency found for com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily.

BJUSBLoad.kext - no dependency found for com.apple.kernel.libkern.

AppleUSBAudio.kext - no compatible dependency found for com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily.

• Like 1

Now I am trying to bring Mountain Lion to the XPS-M1330, I lost faith in getting sound on Snow Leopard.

Right now is booting in Safe Mode, I got some incompatible Kexts

edit:

It appears that USB kects are not loading

Generating Extensions.mkext says:

IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext - no compatible dependency found for com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily.
AppleUSBXHCI.kext - no compatible dependency found for com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily.
AppleWWANSupport1.kext - no compatible dependency found for com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily.
UFIWriteProtectedMediaDriver.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
NVinject.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
AppleUSBVideoSupport.kext - no dependency found for com.apple.kernel.iokit.
AppleUSBVideoSupport.kext - no dependency found for com.apple.kernel.libkern.
AppleUSBVideoSupport.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
AppleUSBCDCWCM.kext does not declare a kernel dependency; using com.apple.kernel.6.0.
AppleUSBCDCWCM.kext - no dependency found for com.apple.kernel.6.0.
AppleUSBCDCECMControl.kext does not declare a kernel dependency; using com.apple.kernel.6.0.
AppleUSBCDCECMControl.kext - no dependency found for com.apple.kernel.6.0.
AppleUSBCDCDMM.kext does not declare a kernel dependency; using com.apple.kernel.6.0.
AppleUSBCDCDMM.kext - no dependency found for com.apple.kernel.6.0.
AppleUSBCDCACMData.kext - no dependency found for com.apple.kernel.6.0.
AppleUSBCDCACMControl.kext does not declare a kernel dependency; using com.apple.kernel.6.0.
AppleUSBCDCACMControl.kext - no dependency found for com.apple.kernel.6.0.
AppleUSBCDC.kext does not declare a kernel dependency; using com.apple.kernel.6.0.
AppleUSBCDC.kext - no dependency found for com.apple.kernel.6.0.[/codeBOX]

EDIT2:

Made some kexts replacements and now is booting, lets see if I can get Speakers sound

EDIT3:

Still have some kexts with conflict:

BJUSBLoad.kext - no dependency found for com.apple.kernel.libkern.

The [b]Exensions.mkext[/b] is now obsolete as it has been replaced by the [b]kernelcache[/b] beginning with the OS X[b] 10.7[/b].

[b]

[code]/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache[/code]

[/b]

The Exensions.mkext is now obsolete as it has been replaced by the kernelcache beginning with the OS X 10.7.

/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache

Ok I see, I got the IOBluetoothFamily.Kext from my Original Snow Leopard Disk and replaced it, now bluetooth is working.

What I cant get working is sound from speakers, I only get it from headphone Jacks, I dont want to use AppleHDA :(

Ok I see, I got the IOBluetoothFamily.Kext from my Original Snow Leopard Disk and replaced it, now bluetooth is working.

What I cant get working is sound from speakers, I only get it from headphone Jacks, I dont want to use AppleHDA :(

The sound is fully operational with the recently uploaded (top of the page) VoodooHDA.kext v2.8.2 along with the new VoodooHDA.prefPane v1.2.

The sound is fully operational with the recently uploaded (top of the page) VoodooHDA.kext v2.8.2 along with the new VoodooHDA.prefPane v1.2.

I downloaded those and even with help of Slice I can not make it work.

The thing with AppleHDA is that the Microphone is not working at all, so I can get sound from AppleHDA or Mic with VodooHDA.

I downloaded those and even with help of Slice I can not make it work.

The thing with AppleHDA is that the Microphone is not working at all, so I can get sound from AppleHDA or Mic with VodooHDA.

Perplexing. I suppose that we do have different sound cards after all.... :wallbash:

Perplexing. I suppose that we do have different sound cards after all.... :wallbash:

I dont know if the cards are different or configurations are diferent, since I got 2 WLAN cards, one is the Intel that came with the laptop and the other one is a Broadcom that I purchased on eBay to have "Airport" in Mac OS X,

Althoug the cards are the same in M1330 and M1530 I saw differences in Pinconfigs and dumps from other operating systems.

Yesterday I need to replace/remove several kexts linked to IOUSBFamily and IUBluetoothFamily becoause som installation packages fail becaus kextcache report failures with those kexts, so far the XPS is working fine in Mountain Lion.

I dont know if the cards are different or configurations are diferent, since I got 2 WLAN cards, one is the Intel that came with the laptop and the other one is a Broadcom that I purchased on eBay to have "Airport" in Mac OS X,

Althoug the cards are the same in M1330 and M1530 I saw differences in Pinconfigs and dumps from other operating systems.

Yesterday I need to replace/remove several kexts linked to IOUSBFamily and IUBluetoothFamily becoause som installation packages fail becaus kextcache report failures with those kexts, so far the XPS is working fine in Mountain Lion.

I see. I have your exact same network card configuration - original worthless Intel 4965AGN in the WLAN slot and additional Dell TrueMobile 1505 (Broadcom) in the WWAN slot! :star_sunglasses:

I see. I have your exact same network card configuration - original worthless Intel 4965AGN in the WLAN slot and additional Dell TrueMobile 1505 (Broadcom) in the WWAN slot! :star_sunglasses:

My Intel card is the 3945ABG, but I dont think that is a problem or conflict fot the sound card, I will try enabling the loggin in VoodooHDA an see if I can catch something.

umm whats the point to have 2 wireless cards ?? the broadcom works fine in windows.

There is no point, except as a backup under Windows. Also, I'm way too frugal to throw anything away; perhaps that's the real reason.... :wink2:

Long time ago I made a guide for installing Leopard on XPS-M1330, since I got real Macs and Mountain Lion on them, I left the forum before Snow Leopard appeared, now I trying to have Snow Leopard on my XPS, everithing works except audio and I am kind of lost. I tried VoodooHDA with no success, I am confused with the

HDEF patch, how do I make the patch or what do I need to install besides VoodooHDA?

Thanks, and excelent effort with the DSDT.

macgirl

--

Well I got sound but only in the Hearphone Jacks, speakers doesn't produce any sound at all.

Nice to see you back MacGirl!

Your guide was the first guide I read and used when I entered the scene years back ;) Thank you.

Not great news about the sound card. There are at least two variations of sound on the M1330, and on one of them sound does not work from the speakers. This is a problem that a number of M1330 users have reported, and to the best of my knowledge nobody has figured out how to solve it :(

Immo

• Like 1

Nice to see you back MacGirl!

Your guide was the first guide I read and used when I entered the scene years back ;) Thank you.

Not great news about the sound card. There are at least two variations of sound on the M1330, and on one of them sound does not work from the speakers. This is a problem that a number of M1330 users have reported, and to the best of my knowledge nobody has figured out how to solve it :(

Immo

Right now I'm getting crazy and mad because other things thna the sound card, I have Mountain Lion on a MBR Disk because Window XP can't boot ona a GUID Disk, I'm using a boot-132 partition with SYSLINUX and it helps booting the ML, without it crashes with a Kernel Panic but it is very difficult to change configurations because the /Extra files, it appaers somehow thet any change you do in kexts yo also need to rebuild the Extensions.mkext also.

I am confused, ML doesnt need Extensions.mkext anymore but if I dont rebuild the one in /Extra folder changes aren't made.

About the sound card I will use the VoodooHDA since headphonesan Mics works, with AppleHDA I get speakers only.

Right now I'm getting crazy and mad because other things thna the sound card, I have Mountain Lion on a MBR Disk because Window XP can't boot ona a GUID Disk, I'm using a boot-132 partition with SYSLINUX and it helps booting the ML, without it crashes with a Kernel Panic but it is very difficult to change configurations because the /Extra files, it appaers somehow thet any change you do in kexts yo also need to rebuild the Extensions.mkext also.

I am confused, ML doesnt need Extensions.mkext anymore but if I dont rebuild the one in /Extra folder changes aren't made.

Following a kext installation, repair permissions then simply delete the obsolete Extensions.mkext along with the kernelcache in the /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup directory then reboot.

The kernelcache will be automatically regenerated by the system upon reboot.

Just for reference, here are all the latest files (kexts, plists and DSDT) needed to viably boot and operate the XPS M1530 under the OS X 10.8.x

XPS M1530 - 10.8.x.zip

• Like 1

Following a kext installation, repair permissions then simply delete the obsolete Extensions.mkext along with the kernelcache in the /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup directory then reboot.

The kernelcache will be automatically regenerated by the system upon reboot.

Just for reference, here are all the latest files (kexts, plists and DSDT) needed to viably boot and operate the XPS M1530 under the OS X 10.8.x

XPS M1530 - 10.8.x.zip

Thanks a lot, where do you put the extensions? If I compare to the first post only FakeSMC goes to /Extra/Extensions

Good to know you decided to give ML a go on your system. Are you using the patched 10.8.x kernel from AnV?

All the best!

Ohhhh, thanks again.

No, the kernel I am using is the Vanilla one from 10.8.3

So you dont need to replace IOUSBFamily.Kext and IOBluetothFamily.kext ?

Thanks a lot, where do you put the extensions? If I compare to the first post only FakeSMC goes to /Extra/Extensions

As theconnactic has already mentioned, ever since the OS X 10.7, the /Extra/Extensions directory along with the Extensions.mkext itself is now completely obsolete and unnecessary.

ALL kexts are now to be installed into the /System/Library/Extensions directory as the kernelcache could only by generated from there and nowhere else.

Ohhhh, thanks again.

No, the kernel I am using is the Vanilla one from 10.8.3

So you dont need to replace IOUSBFamily.Kext and IOBluetothFamily.kext ?

To the best of my knowledge, in our systems the regression of the USB and the Bluetooth kexts is unnecessary as they are all "vanilla" under the 10.7.x - 10.8.x

Hi!

In Mountain Lion, unlike anterior iterations, these kexts should be installed at /S/L/E.

Good to know you decided to give ML a go on your system. Are you using the patched 10.8.x kernel from AnV?

All the best!

The Dell XPS M1530 and M1330 requires no kernel patching, the native kernel retains full compatibility with our rigs.

As theconnactic has already mentioned, ever since the OS X 10.7, the /Extra/Extensions directory along with the Extensions.mkext itself is now completely obsolete and unnecessary.

ALL kexts are now to be installed into the /System/Library/Extensions directory as the kernelcache could only by generated from there and nowhere else.

To the best of my knowledge, in our systems the regression of the USB and the Bluetooth kexts is unnecessary as they are all "vanilla" under the 10.7.x - 10.8.x

Excellent, I take back the original kexts and seems fine.

I get the feeling I've made a moumental cockup somewhere, but here goes: I updated from 10.8.2 to 10.8.3 using Combo, making sure to move AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext out as suggested by immo here before rebooting. It did come with an interesting side effect, though, with a lovely [ PCI configuration begin ] hang and a stuck pinwheel. I've tried all the tips that google can provide, like graphicsenabler=no, npci=0x2000, and PCIRootUID=1 with no avail. Any ideas? I can't even boot into single-user mode as it's hanging way before then. Did I just forget to recopy some kexts or something?

I get the feeling I've made a moumental cockup somewhere, but here goes: I updated from 10.8.2 to 10.8.3 using Combo, making sure to move AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext out as suggested by immo here before rebooting. It did come with an interesting side effect, though, with a lovely [ PCI configuration begin ] hang and a stuck pinwheel. I've tried all the tips that google can provide, like graphicsenabler=no, npci=0x2000, and PCIRootUID=1 with no avail. Any ideas? I can't even boot into single-user mode as it's hanging way before then. Did I just forget to recopy some kexts or something?

Simply roll back your existing AppleACPIPlatform.kext to that of the Snow Leopard (v1.3.6). :blink:

AppleACPIPlatformV1.3.6.kext.zip

• Like 1

Thanks babe, I think you've got me out of a tight spot (although it's now hanging at a grey apple even booting in verbose what) nevermind it was a journal issue

No problem, we are here to help each other. :angel_not:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, so i posted in the old XPS Compilation thread, but DarwinX mentioned this thread to me :)

My problem is that my XPS M1530 with the T8100 CPU only runs at 600 mhz in Mountain Lion, instead of 2,1ghz

I tried it with severals kexts, but nothing changed :(

Here is a Picture of my Specs:

(Attachement)

Cheers,

Fred

post-575870-0-77003400-1368887576_thumb.png