• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

@Jerzy Vasilevsky,

Attached below are files re-upped from post #1715

Yosemite XPS M1530 Clover Installer Files.zip

Utilities.zip

Also Yosemite XPS M1530 Chameleon Installer Files.zip from post #1719

Notes:

It looks like all the files and attachments from old posts were lost when IM went down about 2 weeks ago.  Hopefully they will be restored soon by the mods/admins....need a little patience :).

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Update 4/9/15 Upgraded my Yosemite installation to 10.10.3 without any dramas.  Nothing to fix with Clover's on the fly patching and VoodooHDA taking care of everything :).

It looks like Apple want to force everyone to upgrade to 10.10.3 since they won't patch the security vulnerability below, which exists on all OSX versions from 2011 !!!

Hidden backdoor API to root privileges in Apple OS X

Attached Files

01tt0ly

01tt0ly

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

DarwinX, can you throw more light on the issue - Is improper PCI match effecting fan control from IoKit ? Is anyone working on that . If some source is shared we can collaborate to fix the DSDT for our machines.  

I'm sure, the temperatures are definitely lower in 10.9 than 10.8.x  at medium load possibly due to the app nap feature . So try out App store version and post your results.

Definitely, Yep voodoo definitely could be the culprit.  I forgot to inform about the kexts I'm using earlier, my apologies. They are very stable I've been using since Lion. (created for 10.6 by nawcom) and AppleHDA was binary patched for Stac 9205.

Update :

Airdrop not working between 10.9 and iPhone 5C , can some one confirm about the airdrop in 10.9  ? My wifi card is airdrop supported Broadcom card rebranded  as apple extreme

Attached :

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

ApplePS2Controller.kext

AppleHDA.kext

Should be used in S/L/E

attachicon.gifOCT-2013_indiandragon.zip

Hi,the file is missing.

Can the AppleHDA also be used in Yosemite for STA9205?

indiandragon

indiandragon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:Researcher

Hi,the file is missing.

Can the AppleHDA also be used in Yosemite for STA9205?

Yes, Patched AppleHDA from snow leopard days are still useful.

indiandragon

indiandragon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

AppleGraphicsPowerManagement 10.10.3

Greetings, friends.

Looks like Apple has made many changes w.r.t Graphics power management from 10.10.3. 

1. Default - kills graphics and renders the OS X un-bootable.

2. Patching APGM with device ID - kills graphics and renders the OS X un-bootable.

3. Patching the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext inside AppleGraphicsControl.kext with , Model Number & String as no & Removing Unwanted sections such as GFX0,IGPU from AGPM lets me boot but AGPM doesn't load. States switch aggressively on battery (1-2),  (1-2-3 ) on power and stays in 3. Interestingly performance seems to be improved than earlier version. Still, I would like to have the AGPM working as our cards's aren't heat friendly and it's summer  :fiery:

It's advisable to install the 10.10.3 Supplementary update as well.

These two kexts are loaded together (or) alternatively . I don't see any behavioural change though.

com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily (2.4.1) <12 7 5 4 3 1>

AppleGraphicsControl.kext

Log prints,

kernel[0]: IOGraphics flags 0x43

Hi  @fusion71au , You didn't say about any APGM issues. Does it mean that you don't witness the above (or) AGPM works as it should in your setup ?

Attachements :  (If your graphics is working as it should, don't bother to download these).

Patched AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy inside AppleGraphicsControl.kext  (Substitute with your Model Number, i.e Mac-XXXX.. )

Patched AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext ( Don't add device id, remove unnecessary i.e GFX0, IGPU ).

Attached File  10.10.3_AGPM_AGC_Indiandragon.zip   287.16KB   3 downloads

fusion71au

fusion71au

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

@indiandragon,

I haven't bothered to patch AGPM.kext for 10.10.3  and my XPS M1530 still boots and functions OK.

TBH, I don't see much of a difference perfomance or temp wise between Mavericks 10.9.5 (where I run with a patched AGPM.kext) or Yosemite 10.10.3 (where I use the vanilla kext).  It maybe because I run on AC power all the time (my battery has given up the ghost) and I don't see much graphics power state switching anyway (even with the patched kext).

indiandragon

indiandragon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

@indiandragon,

I haven't bothered to patch AGPM.kext for 10.10.3  and my XPS M1530 still boots and functions OK.

TBH, I don't see much of a difference perfomance or temp wise between Mavericks 10.9.5 (where I run with a patched AGPM.kext) or Yosemite 10.10.3 (where I use the vanilla kext).  It maybe because I run on AC power all the time (my battery has given up the ghost) and I don't see much graphics power state switching anyway (even with the patched kext).

Thanks.

In my case 10.10.2 updated just fine and graphics worked with vanilla AGPM, but 10.10.3 brought no desktop as many others over forums have complained ('black screen on 10.10.3') as well needing a patch to AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy