• Please log in to reply
1780 replies to this topic

DarwinX

DarwinX

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Kinda bad news about this Kext, at least on the M1330.

I tried playing Portal 2 today, and there was no sound :( Downgraded VoodooHDA to 2.61 and Portal 2 sound came back. It's strange because sound worked everywhere else... I've been curious if it's also partially responsible for the instability I've been getting recently. I'll let you know if I have any more crashes after reverting back to 2.61.

It is quite unfortunate. Perhaps, you could attempt to seek support in the originating forum: http://www.projectos...p?showtopic=355
So far, the new VoodooHDA v.2.8.0 has been completely stable on my system.

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts
1330 and 1530 have different sound chip.

immo

immo

Insanely Looking for Time to Hack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

It is quite unfortunate. Perhaps, you could attempt to seek support in the originating forum: http://www.projectos...p?showtopic=355
So far, the new VoodooHDA v.2.8.0 has been completely stable on my system.

Good idea, and done. Took me a bit to figure out that I had to pass that quiz before I was allowed to post!
Immo

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • 2,509 posts
Slice posts here too..

DarwinX

DarwinX

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Slice posts here too..

Perhaps so, but someone must first gain his attention.

Remember to change PrefPane.

VoodooHDA 2.6.x -> prefPane 1.0

2.7.x -> prefPane 1.1

2.8.x -> prefPane 1.2

Else not working.

--Slice

immo

immo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Perhaps so, but someone must first gain his attention.
--Slice

Slice has released a 2.8.2 version which he reports addresses stability issues. I'm giving it a go. Unfortunately still no sound in Portal 2. There is sound for the Valve logo and then silence after that.

Immo

immo

immo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts
An update on the things I've been testing:

Clover
- I've been using R1000 for about two weeks. It's been stable as a rock. It works as well as Chameleon, with the added bonus that Messages works in 10.8.2. I've just upgraded it to R1050. See my post on how to set it up:
http://www.insanelym...40#entry1881653

VoodooHDA
- Had stability issues with 2.8.0. I've been using 2.8.2 for a few days and so far it's been stable. Sound does not work in Portal 2 (But it does with 2.6.1).

oSxFr33k

oSxFr33k

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts
  • Interests:Sound and Graphic Design. Electronics in general.
DarwinX and immo,

Are there any special kexts needed for 10.8.2, such as the AppleACPIPlatform.kext to take care of either kernel panics and or verbose boot where PCI begins issue. I have not tried Clover yet. I am on Tony's Chimera 1.11.1 for a while now.

I did not see any files or newer DSDT's posted in the first post for OSX 10.8.2? I also have to assume we do not need the SSDT as are needed for the i3/5/7 series intel processors.

I have the XPS M1530 which I think may be basically the same as DarwinX's but immo you have a M1330?

Thanks

immo

immo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

DarwinX and immo,

Are there any special kexts needed for 10.8.2, such as the AppleACPIPlatform.kext to take care of either kernel panics and or verbose boot where PCI begins issue. I have not tried Clover yet. I am on Tony's Chimera 1.11.1 for a while now.

I did not see any files or newer DSDT's posted in the first post for OSX 10.8.2? I also have to assume we do not need the SSDT as are needed for the i3/5/7 series intel processors.

I have the XPS M1530 which I think may be basically the same as DarwinX's but immo you have a M1330?

Thanks

There was a compatibility issue with VoodooHDA and the HDEF section specified in DSDTs prior to the ones I posted late September (these actually were posted for 10.8.2; even I was surprised it was that long ago). If you read the blurbs on top of my first post I try to put important updates to how things have changed there.
I can't say anything with certainty on i3/5/7 cpus because I've never used one on a Hackintosh but I would assume they would be the same as the Core 2s. The only reason to use SSDTs are if you want to override the state settings specified in the bios, but in the case of M1330s and M1530s what's in the bios works well enough. SSDT tweaking has some useful applications such as undervolting your CPU to get a little more battery out of it.

Immo

DarwinX

DarwinX

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

DarwinX and immo,

Thanks

In our systems, the OS X 10.‚Äč6.x AppleACPIPlatform.kext v1.3.6 regression still applies to the OS X 10.8.x as it did to the OS X 10.7.x. In fact, I utilize identical Chameleon, DSDT and kexts to boot and run both the Lion and the Mountain Lion with the personal preference for the former due to its superior stability.
Having said that, I consider both OS's to be quite stable and operate more than adequately on our systems.

Attached File  AppleACPIPlatform.kext.v1.3.6.zip   425.64KB   22 downloads

oSxFr33k

oSxFr33k

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts
Thanks very much for your answers helps a lot. immo after you update I will look over the minor script change in the dsdt. Is the voodoohda posted for 10.8.x? WHich is recommended to use?

This thread is one of the most productive and continuing threads I have seen on insanely!!

Thanks Again!!

oSxFr33k

oSxFr33k

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts
Ran into some trouble with the latest DSDT for the XPS M1530. I think its because of the _psw method getting stripped. In 10.7.4 I cannot wake from sleep and cmos gets reset not sure if its because I have to force a power down or it resets from the sleep/wake issue?

Not sure if the DSDT before the 10.8.2 DSDT has the _psw fix but my DSDT has the _psw method in the USB1-4 and it sleeps/wakes works fine. One catch is in the BIOS you have to disable Allow USB to wake or the Laptop reboots.

Anyone else have this issue with the latest DSDT under 10.7x or 10.8x?

Thanks

DarwinX

DarwinX

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

On the OS X 10.7.5, with the Method (_PSW) under the Device (USB2), Device (USB5), Device (EHC2), Device (LID) and Device (PBTN) in my DSDT, I experience no sleep/wake issues.

oSxFr33k

oSxFr33k

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

On the OS X 10.7.5, with the Method (_PSW) under the Device (USB2), Device (USB5), Device (EHC2), Device (LID) and Device (PBTN) in my DSDT, I experience no sleep/wake issues.

SO you are using the _psw method and my original MalD0n Patcher DSDT also has _PSW with no issues but if I run the latest DSDT with No _PSW then I have the sleep/wake and CMOS issues!!

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • 2,509 posts
and cmos issues.. sounds like u need to delete caches.

oSxFr33k

oSxFr33k

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

and cmos issues.. sounds like u need to delete caches.

cmos reset is what I meant. The cache can cause that? If I swap out the DSDT back to Mald0n's I have no issue if I run the DSDT latest one from this thread that has the _PSW removed from each USB section I get a cmos reset. Just 2 setting get reset but I end up with the Dell boot that wants me to hit F1 or F2.

I am looking into this further and let you know. Anyone else running the latest DSDT for the XPS M1530 and OSX 10.7.5/10.8.2

DarwinX

DarwinX

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

cmos reset is what I meant. The cache can cause that? If I swap out the DSDT back to Mald0n's I have no issue if I run the DSDT latest one from this thread that has the _PSW removed from each USB section I get a cmos reset. Just 2 setting get reset but I end up with the Dell boot that wants me to hit F1 or F2.

I am looking into this further and let you know. Anyone else running the latest DSDT for the XPS M1530 and OSX 10.7.5/10.8.2

Why not simply reimplement the blasted Method (_PSW) to remedy the aforementioned issues?

Attached File  DSDTDarwinX.aml.zip   9.04KB   18 downloads

oSxFr33k

oSxFr33k

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Why not simply reimplement the blasted Method (_PSW) to remedy the aforementioned issues?

Attached File  DSDTDarwinX.aml.zip   9.04KB   18 downloads

I can try that to see if that is what is causing it. Good idea!! Would you be willing to try the latest XPS M1530 Any CPU to see if you have the same issue. That for sure would confirm it!!

Thanks

immo

immo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

I can try that to see if that is what is causing it. Good idea!! Would you be willing to try the latest XPS M1530 Any CPU to see if you have the same issue. That for sure would confirm it!!

Thanks

That _PSW removal was in previous versions of OS-X required to allow sleep to work. I haven't tried putting it back on recent versions. If you try and sleep works, let us all know.

Immo

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • 2,509 posts

That _PSW removal was in previous versions of OS-X required to allow sleep to work. I haven't tried putting it back on recent versions. If you try and sleep works, let us all know.

Immo

i never removed the _PSW in my 1520 and had sleep working fine with wake on usb plugged in ac only in bios turned on.

i think hes suffering from the newer iasl error fix that did not need fixing results.

or he patched AppleRTC with one of 2 or 3 methods.
http://www.insanelym...ake-in-107-lion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy