Asus P6T SE Retail Snow Leopard Installation Guide [FLASHDRIVE] [UPDATED JUN. 28]]

tweak41

1,279 posts in this topic

Jsi

Here You go

8 cores from my istat

You'll see crearly

heres mine from activity monitor if this is what you ment ?post-460069-1259506373_thumb.jpg

Ok, I hope somebody is able to help me.

The thing is that I don't have a Mac pc ready to install the script for me.

What I've done so far:

1. I've used MacDrive to format two old HDD's to HFS+.

2. Copied an image from Snow Leopard to one of them.

3. Set-up my bios and booted from an old iDeneb 10.5.6 DVD I had lying around from my previous pc.

4. By using the disk utility in the installer from iDeneb I was able to restore the image to the other HDD.

5. Then I tried to run th script from the terminal in the setup but that's where the fun ended.

The terminal inside the setup from Leopard does not support sudo and some other commands so it fialed right away.

So my question is it's possible to run the script from a Windows pc or one with Linux installed? (preferably Windows)And if not is it possible to add the files to the installer manually?

Thanks alot!

if you can get a retail leopard you can boot in with boot123 from the p6t delux method then do everything in the mc environment ( this is what i did) then your good to go

s8 forgot to say has any one got the magic mouse to work with wake from sleep from the blu tooth mouse??

im looking t et the b.t keyboard but i know that if i put it to sleep it wil not wake up unless i have the box ticke but on my pc its greyed out as per example thanks ....also im having issues booting into 64 mode automatically

post-460069-1257360548_thumb.jpg

bro i tied this but it f'ed up my ef i(boot) could you upload your setting and tell me where to put the, sorr ydud thanks =0)

So you're still not running 64-bit? Ah, you probably have repair permissions and such for the /Extra/Extensions folder on your EFI boot. Did you just copy them over? If so then this is what you'll have to do. If you downloaded the Kext Utility program that I linked before, it should perform this automatically for you. And it should also build an x86_64 compatible kext cache. Let me know if your EFI partition is hidden and you can't access it to perform these steps. I don't know how well you know your way around a hackintosh.

Well I've finally gotten to the point of having a mac to use.

I've installed an old kalyway 10.5.2 on my friends nforce630 pc and voila I had a (unstable) mac.

Hooked up the drive formatted it and restore my image to it.

Then I ran the script you've provided and everything seemed ok.

After that I tried to boot it and it showed me the Chameleon loader

I booted my drive with the -v flag and this is what I got:

20tjac9.jpg

Then it froze, any ideas?

Thanks!

After copying the image and the loader to an harddisk I plugged it in my computer and booted with f8 and slected that drive.

Chameleon shows the drive and I try to boot of it to get into the SL setup.

So at that point nothing is installed yet.

Does it have to do something with my BIOS settings, I don't exactly know what they need to be?

Only thing I've changed is setting my Sata and Jmicron to AHCI.

After copying the image and the loader to an harddisk I plugged it in my computer and booted with f8 and slected that drive.

Chameleon shows the drive and I try to boot of it to get into the SL setup.

So at that point nothing is installed yet.

Does it have to do something with my BIOS settings, I don't exactly know what they need to be?

Only thing I've changed is setting my Sata and Jmicron to AHCI.

other than the achi i cant see what lse is needed??

you definately have made the flashdrive bootable and the hdd is inthe correct format (hfs)??

check your pm

other than the achi i cant see what lse is needed??

you definately have made the flashdrive bootable and the hdd is inthe correct format (hfs)??

check your pm

When I start up the installation from my HDD without the -v flag it shows a grey screen with an apple logo and then it does nothing. Not the spinning dots what I was used to with Leopard and Tiger on my previous machines.

It is a Dutch Snow Leopard installation, could that be the problem?

Aside from that, yes the drive is formatted as HFS+.

I used disk utility to format it to Mac Extended (journaled) or something like that with a GUID partition table.

Nice Work, Working perfectly for me. Sound works, ethernet works. I even have OSX installed on two IDE drives configured in a raid (I'll post screenie if it is needed). The IDE drives are temporary, plan on buying another SATA drive when black friday comes. Also have Windows 7 on the SATA drive.

Thanks for this wonderful, easy to follow guide.

My Rig: Intel i7 920 2.66GHz

6GB OCZ

ATI 4870 1GB

640GB WD Caviar Black

2x older Maxtor IDE drives 250GB

Nice Work, Working perfectly for me. Sound works, ethernet works. I even have OSX installed on two IDE drives configured in a raid (I'll post screenie if it is needed). The IDE drives are temporary, plan on buying another SATA drive when black friday comes. Also have Windows 7 on the SATA drive.

Thanks for this wonderful, easy to follow guide.

My Rig: Intel i7 920 2.66GHz

6GB OCZ

ATI 4870 1GB

640GB WD Caviar Black

2x older Maxtor IDE drives 250GB

have you been able to get the x64 to work?

have you been able to get the x64 to work?

Havn't tried, I don't think I'll try setting that up until I get another SATA drive.

Newegg has a deal on WD Black Caviar 640GB so I think I'll buy that.

One issue I've had is getting SL to recognize my network printer. It won't discover it and it won't recognize it when I enter IP address directly. Any solutions?

Never mind, I got it working.

Two options: 1) Click Skip when it verifies the installation disk. This may or may not give you a working install. 2) Start the process again and restore your DVD to your flash drive again. You may also have to right click your thumb drive, choose properties, and check the box that says "Ignore ownership for this drive"

Hi tweak41!

Well, those methods didn't work for me. Could you possibly upload a hard drive disk image of a working snow leopard installation?

99% There.

First let me just say, this is fantastic. Huge thanks to Tweak as well as Awol. I'm on a p6t standard coupled with an ATI 4830. I used Awol's p6t Essentails, and replaced the 'boot' file on the flashdrive with the EFI v3 for the ATI card.

Now, I've gotten everything working except screen resolution. I'm on a 23 inch monitor stuck at 1024x768. Anyone have any idea if there's another kext I need or just something I'm missing?

Regards,

Target

99% There.

First let me just say, this is fantastic. Huge thanks to Tweak as well as Awol. I'm on a p6t standard coupled with an ATI 4830. I used Awol's p6t Essentails, and replaced the 'boot' file on the flashdrive with the EFI v3 for the ATI card.

Now, I've gotten everything working except screen resolution. I'm on a 23 inch monitor stuck at 1024x768. Anyone have any idea if there's another kext I need or just something I'm missing?

Regards,

Target

did you change the resolution to 1080p then reboot ? tyhat solved it for me (ut was blu as son as i changed then when i rebooted it was sorted failnig that you may need to get the kext for your gpu

im still stuck in 32bit mode lol (help)

Well I've finally gotten to the point of having a mac to use.

I've installed an old kalyway 10.5.2 on my friends nforce630 pc and voila I had a (unstable) mac.

Hooked up the drive formatted it and restore my image to it.

Then I ran the script you've provided and everything seemed ok.

After that I tried to boot it and it showed me the Chameleon loader

I booted my drive with the -v flag and this is what I got:

20tjac9.jpg

Then it froze, any ideas?

Thanks!

What BIOS version are you using? I intended this for the most recent two. Also, you mentioned using AHCI I believe. Do you have JMicron disabled? If not is it configured as SATA or IDE? Umm...The flash drive is configured as your first boot device?

Those are all things I can think of that may cause this.

If you're trying to boot 64-bit mode, the reason you're experiencing this is probably because your kext cache isn't built for 64-bit. It's probably i386 and that's why it's hanging here. You need to either build a 64-bit mkext file or delete it from your Extra folder before rebooting in 64-bit mode.

did you change the resolution to 1080p then reboot ? tyhat solved it for me (ut was blu as son as i changed then when i rebooted it was sorted failnig that you may need to get the kext for your gpu

im still stuck in 32bit mode lol (help)

I can't change the resolution at all. In the display preference pane, the only option I have is 1024x768.

On a possibly related note, as a test I tried to load a game up (Demigods) via Parallels. Getting an error "Unable to create Direct3D. Please ensure system has current video drivers."

I'm relatively certain that both Windows 7 and OSX have no idea what kind of graphics card i have.

Target

What BIOS version are you using? I intended this for the most recent two. Also, you mentioned using AHCI I believe. Do you have JMicron disabled? If not is it configured as SATA or IDE? Umm...The flash drive is configured as your first boot device?

Those are all things I can think of that may cause this.

If you're trying to boot 64-bit mode, the reason you're experiencing this is probably because your kext cache isn't built for 64-bit. It's probably i386 and that's why it's hanging here. You need to either build a 64-bit mkext file or delete it from your Extra folder before rebooting in 64-bit mode.

talking about 64 bit .........

I bloody did it

i wasnt reading your instructions properly

post-460069-1257793580_thumb.jpg

99% There.

Regards,

Target

I have a similar hardware as you, except I am using 8800GT, can you post a link to the tutorial that use used to get this working. Did you had any problems with IDE Hard Drive or CD rom?

http://netkas.org/?p=315

You should be able to update to 10.6.2. If you do, I recommend PC EFI 10v5 and make sure you replace the SleepEnabler.kext with the newest one from netkas or else you'll get kernel panics.

Remember to ALWAYS READ before doing updates.

*UPDATE*

I can confirm 10.6.2 works just fine. You need to follow netkas' instructions.

I have a similar hardware as you, except I am using 8800GT, can you post a link to the tutorial that use used to get this working. Did you had any problems with IDE Hard Drive or CD rom?

The walkthrough I mentioned is p6t non SE only, and can be found here.

I'm not a person to scream 'search' every time someone asks a question, but if you search p6t, its the second result, and all of the top 5 are relevant to our plight. Definitely hit the search up as you try to get this board working.

Target

I did an 10.6.2 update (507.3 MB)

I put the fakesms v2 from netkas

sleebenabler from netkas

nullcpu from netkas

and , guess what KP.

But before the update , i back up my Snow kitty with Superduper on separate partition(just in case anything goes wrong), like in this case.

But I've read somewher, to replace the mach_kernel, and i did that, replace the mac_kernel from 10.6.1 to 10.6.2, and everything works fine now.

I did an 10.6.2 update (507.3 MB)

I put the fakesms v2 from netkas

sleebenabler from netkas

nullcpu from netkas

and , guess what KP.

But before the update , i back up my Snow kitty with Superduper on separate partition(just in case anything goes wrong), like in this case.

But I've read somewher, to replace the mach_kernel, and i did that, replace the mac_kernel from 10.6.1 to 10.6.2, and everything works fine now.

this worked for me but my video card isnt recognised just trying to figure it out now

thanks again guys ( have to boot in with -x)

also no sound either??

\

edit working now with sound and full open cl on my 9400 gt

just need to get the 64 bit resolved again lol make sure you back up your mach_kernel.backup and your extensions so if things go wrong you can reboot em blaow thanks again dudes plus ive got my mac keyboard ...next stop mac pro case tee hee hee