• 150 posts
Google has the answer for you...

itsme2

itsme2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Thank you for your fast reply :thanks_speechbubble: . That _really_ helps :no: .

I never ever would have thought of this by myself. How could I be so stupid ?  :wallbash:

Genius' like you are the one that keeps communities like this alive. :thumbsdown_anim:

* Edit *

Other NOOBs like me who do not like to ask a Genius like besweeet for assistance, can find the solution there: http://www.mcvsd.org...developers.html.

Hint: The Ignore List in your forum account settings is your friend to get rid of _helpful_ posts from certain forum members like posts from besweeet :yes:

@Zenith432: Awesome work, thanks a lot :thumbsup_anim: .

besweeet

besweeet

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Thank you for your fast reply :thanks_speechbubble: . That really helps.

I never ever would have thought of this by myself. How could I be so stupid ?  :wallbash:

Genius' like you are the one that keeps communities like this alive. :thumbsdown_anim:

* Edit *

Other NOOBs like me who do not like to ask a Genius like besweeet for assistance, can find the solution there: http://www.mcvsd.org...developers.html.

:o You did it! I'm surprised you didn't ask how to Google...

Seriously, people like us should hopefully encourage others to actually do their own research instead of immediately asking other people for help.

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,123 posts

And you? What are you doing to keep this community alive?

Sorry to have to tell you this but being a noob is not an excuse for not doing your own research on simple issues. It isn't even Hackintosh specific.

Googling unidentified developer Mavericks would get you the answer much faster than posting and waiting for someone to answer.

itsme2

itsme2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Me? I give feedback to the community: Read my post and you see a path to the solution. Isn't providing this better than a "google it, stupid!" hint - in a forum that is made _from_ users _for_ users?

Apart from that, I DID my own search and found the solution in the meantime. I did NOT waited for someone to help, but did it by myself.

Of course, just being a Noob is not an excuse. But how could I know how specific this problem is?

I have no idea about Mac or developer stuff. Hence, asking a question for something I do not know of is not having done something wrong.

If so, you should ban all questions here, make this forum read-only and forbit any questions about :help:

BTW: Your argument googling would get you the answer much faster than posting also applies to the post of besweeet, so he is to blame as well :poster_oops:

Nuff said about his, back to topic - period.

besweeet

besweeet

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Your post only opens up the door for other noobs to immediately post easily-Googleable questions to where people just expect things to be handed to them without doing any prior research or showing any intention of doing so.

So, continue to protect the lazies.

chriz74

chriz74

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Can anyone post foolproof instructions on how to get 1366x768 screen resolution on mavericks with the latest pkg of these graphic drivers?

I have a VM with mavericks, I installed vmware tools and patch, I previously installed vmsvgaII proper package, I still can't get that kind of resolution in the list.

---- edit ----

I found a way, after installing vmware tools, the guest package and the svgaii driver you have to click on the vmware fullscreen button and then again to make it full screen, the res will be adjusted. Only problem is it won't last after a restart.

distro

distro

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Can anyone post foolproof instructions on how to get 1366x768 screen resolution on mavericks with the latest pkg of these graphic drivers?

I also have a 1366x768 screen, and after some Googling, I found that if you hold the Alt key while pressing the "Scaled" setting in the Displays page of System Preferences, you can get a much larger list of resolutions to show. 1366x768 should be one of them.

However, I ended up just using the "Best for display" option after installing the guestd_patches package, which enables automatic resolutions.

slick_vik

slick_vik

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I am using the SVGA 10.9 package on an ESXI install with Mavericks.  Everything works well enough.  One concern I have is that my console log is filled with hundreds and hundreds of lines that look like this:

3/30/14 6:49:32.751 AM WindowServer[135]: _CGXGLDisplayContextForDisplayDevice: No matching context for device (0x7fd35851a960) - disabling OpenGL
3/30/14 6:49:32.768 AM WindowServer[135]: _CGXGLDisplayContextForDisplayDevice: No matching context for device (0x7fd35851a960) - disabling OpenGL
3/30/14 6:49:32.785 AM WindowServer[135]: _CGXGLDisplayContextForDisplayDevice: No matching context for device (0x7fd35851a960) - disabling OpenGL

Any ideas?

Alex Auditore

Alex Auditore

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 700 posts
Does this driver work with mavericks?

medussa

medussa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Yes working with mavericks, but using osx without qe/cl is not good choice. Maybe is better solution using passthrough but you need non K procesor nad VT-d motherboard and proper video card :D

besweeet

besweeet

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Yes working with mavericks, but using osx without qe/cl is not good choice. Maybe is better solution using passthrough but you need non K procesor nad VT-d motherboard and proper video card :D

I still use a 10.8.2 VM with this driver. I only use the VM for iMessage and Tweetbot which works perfectly fine.

Alex Auditore

Alex Auditore

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 700 posts
So, as I understand it's impossible to get top menu bar transparent with any virtual machine, right?

besweeet

besweeet

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

So, as I understand it's impossible to get top menu bar transparent with any virtual machine, right?

Correct.

WarDoctor

WarDoctor

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

if there anyway to get more vram i need about 1gb ?

MSoK

MSoK

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts

if there anyway to get more vram i need about 1gb ?

WarDoctor,

The simple answer is no for the virtual graphics driver, the only way to get more vRAM is via graphics pass-through, see the two links below for some pointers:

http://www.insanelym...n-vm/?p=1883583

http://www.insanelym...cker/?p=2006727

Co-ords

Co-ords

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Based on the way Yosemite now works, I see problems with the current driver not suporting acceleration. Most of the UI uses transparency, so I hope the current driver will work...

alanp

alanp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I've installed 10.10 DP1 in a VM and VMsvga2 does not work properly on it - the desktop will constantly crash and restart itself. Without VMsvga2 the graphics performance is pretty bad  :no: 

Derek12

Derek12

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Yosemite (currently, maybe in final version or next DPs this changes) unlike Mavericks and previous has a hoooorrible performance if it doesn't have QE/CI enabled or a GPU driver loaded.

bengalih

bengalih

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Hoping for some help...I was having some weird issues with my 10.9 install on ESX 5.5...it was going to the dreaded gray screen on logout and nothing could be done but reboot.

Anyway....

I updated my ESXi 5.5 with all latest patches and updated the unlocker to 1.3.

Then, I did a fresh install of 10.9 from the .dmg and everything looked fine.

Installed VMWare Tools, rebooted...fine

Installed guestd_patches.pkg, rebooted....fine

Installed VMsvga2_v1.2.5_OS_10.9.pkg, rebooted...and now instead of a login screen I just have a black screen with a pointer.

I restored a snapshot and I'm ok...but I'd like to have the VMsvga2_v1.2.5_OS_10.9.pkg installed if possible.

Any ideas?

UPDATE:  I reapplied both patches to my reverted snapshot and the same thing occurs.  Then, I tried to install just VMsvga2_v1.2.5_OS_10.9.pkg without guestd_patches.pkg.  That resulted upon the grey apple screen on reboot with a stuck spinner...even after another cold boot.

UPDATE2:  Cold rebooted again from a stuck black screen and now it's stuck on the grey screen... so not sure if the guestd_patches.pkg had any real impact to the change in issues I'm seeing.

UPDATE3: Safe mode boot (shift) works.. so likely a kext?   Ok..no more updates until someone can offer me some advice.  TIA!

Ok...so I went ahead and applied the following to my .VMX file (from front page):

svga.autodetect = "FALSE"
svga.vramSize = "16384000"

Now it doesn't really seem to say anywhere that applying these settings are mandatory, but rather an option.  However I am sure that this is the difference between me having the issue and not.

So...can someone confirm if these are supposed to be *required* for this to work and what exactly they are doing that would make the difference?

Another update for posterity:  I recently rebuilt all my OSX templates and didn't have any problems this time around.  I think I built Mavericks with a different image this time (10.9.4 not 10.9.0), but I did not have to make any of the changes.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy