Should I swap my MBP for MB

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

About a week back I got a 15.4" MBP which is a 'bit' problematic with heat/whine but 'tolerable'

Temperature does not cross 60 C and whine can be heard only if I place my ear to the keyboard.

However I am seriously tempted with the black MBP and have received an offer from a friend who would like to buy my MBP less 10% ; with this money I could get a Black MB and max out with 120 GB HDD and another GB of RAM

Do you think I should go ahead ? I am checking the forums and people are having problems with MacBooks as well,so should I just use this for a year and then go for Rev B/C/D MacBook.

To begin with I had been waiting for the MacBook which was perfect for my needs but went in for the MBP after I got tired waiting.

Hi,

About a week back I got a 15.4" MBP which is a 'bit' problematic with heat/whine but 'tolerable'

Temperature does not cross 60 C and whine can be heard only if I place my ear to the keyboard.

However I am seriously tempted with the black MBP and have received an offer from a friend who would like to buy my MBP less 10% ; with this money I could get a Black MB and max out with 120 GB HDD and another GB of RAM

Do you think I should go ahead ? I am checking the forums and people are having problems with MacBooks as well,so should I just use this for a year and then go for Rev B/C/D MacBook.

To begin with I had been waiting for the MacBook which was perfect for my needs but went in for the MBP after I got tired waiting.

my only qualm with the mb is the crappy video card. if they replaced it with an x1400 or 7400 go and had the option to upgrade to a 7600 go or x1600, id get a macbook.. i dont care about having a inch thin aluminum chassis, i care more about performance and if an mb can beat an mbp when the mbp has a faster clock, thats disgraceful.

my only qualm with the mb is the crappy video card. if they replaced it with an x1400 or 7400 go and had the option to upgrade to a 7600 go or x1600, id get a macbook..

There is nearly no need for the GFX to be better if you dont want games tho. Im in that boat. I dont want games, just some XP apps (VS 2005 etc)

MacBook is OK for the people who want a mobile coding box :thumbsdown_anim:

This proves it :poster_oops:

There is nearly no need for the GFX to be better if you dont want games tho. Im in that boat. I dont want games, just some XP apps (VS 2005 etc)

MacBook is OK for the people who want a mobile coding box :)

This proves it :D

that is true, the gma can even run vista ultimate with full aero glass.. i am a casual gamer and i do use some 3d intensive apps once in a while so a better gfx card is a must for me.