[Guide & Boot CD] D-Series Latitude/w NVIDIA or GMA950 and Intel Dual Core Retail Installs

leppy700m

1,332 posts in this topic

I ran across this thread and was successful in installing 10.6.6 with all updates to my D620 as follows:

My DVD drive will not read DL DVDs so I used the guide found on TonyMacX86 site (Google for it) to generate a single layer version of my retail DVD(s). I tried to install with a 10.6.3 but it was a no go so went back and made the single layer DVD of 10.6.0 and installed as in the guide in post #2.

I then ran the 10.6.6 combo update. I have WiFi, Bluetooth, Ethernet, Sound, 1400 x 900 with acceleration, and battery all working but no sleep.

This is great! Thank you leppy700M.

neil

I got my sleep to work (pls a few other misc. things) for my D620 from here:

http://osxlatitude.com

for sleep specifically I went here:

http://www.osxlatitude.com/groups/d4xosx/w...e_with_OSX.html

I ran across this thread and was successful in installing 10.6.6 with all updates to my D620 as follows:

My DVD drive will not read DL DVDs so I used the guide found on TonyMacX86 site (Google for it) to generate a single layer version of my retail DVD(s). I tried to install with a 10.6.3 but it was a no go so went back and made the single layer DVD of 10.6.0 and installed as in the guide in post #2.

I then ran the 10.6.6 combo update. I have WiFi, Bluetooth, Ethernet, Sound, 1400 x 900 with acceleration, and battery all working but no sleep.

neil

edit 3/5/11

Okay the update to AirPort killed my Broadcom card. I went back to version 3.0 of IO80211Family.kext to resolve.

Hi Neil43,

Do you have D620 NVidia? After the updates to 10.6.6, WIFI is not working. I will really appreciate if you can give me some help. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

neil

edit 3/5/11

Okay the update to AirPort killed my Broadcom card. I went back to version 3.0 of IO80211Family.kext to resolve.

can you please point me to the direct tutorial for making a Single Layerd DVD of 10.6.0

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone ever got the LPC bus injection working on D620-Nvidia? The injector i have doesnt seem to do anything, im pretty sure this is the only thing inhibiting c-state and p-state generation through chameleon.

• 4 weeks later...

neil

edit 3/5/11

What video card do you have on yours? On my D620 with an Intel GMA950, I've been having issues with only 64mb vram being found according to system profiler among other programs as well as losing full hardware acceleration when upgrading beyond 10.6.0. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

I am running lappys MAC OS X install with a wifi fix on my Latitude D620 NV.

It runs like a charm. I am on 10.6.7. right now.

Did someone have a chance to find out if 10.6.8. works as well?

thanks,

lemans

Success at last ;) thank you leppy700m for ur guide I am now running Snow Leopard 10.6.6 with QE/CI enabled(finally) everything is working airport etc. except the LCD screen but thats no biggie for me since my D620s portability was compromised when my brother broke a hinge and because the battery no longer holds a charge. It is now connected to a 46" HDTV and is being used like a media center for youtube, dvd playback etc.

ps I fixed airport and qe/ci in 10.6.6 with voodoohda 2.7.2 http://code.google.com/p/voodoohda/downloads/list

but that in turn broke my lcd (black screen doesn't display a thing after the dell bios spalsh screen) but its no big deal for me

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all i managed to successfully install mac osx and is everything is functioning so far. My only issue is that i have an external sound card : Native Instruments audio 10. The device is seen from boot and the driver loads but, it seems for some reason after the boot its not recognized anymore. Unsure if it some how de mounts itself or something along them lines. The drivers installed correctly any ideas?.

Usb sticks seem to work as well hmm. Also the laptop is a d20 latitude and has been updated to 1.8 with airport working any help or a point in the right direction would be cool! kinda asking abit to much for an external sound card to work but hey, lets try it! :)

Hello,

I am running 10.6.7. on my 620nv 2GHz Dual core.

I tried to purchase Lion so that I can start messing with it.

Unfortunately App store is throwing a message at me telling that Lion can not be installed on my system.

I have another test HDD that has 10.6.8. patched to the end. Same thing here.

Whats going on? I can not even download it.

Is there a solution? Please help.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks a lot Leppy700m, my installation was successful on the D620 nvidia version! :)

The first and the major problem is that if I leave it for sometime, the screen turns off and never turn back on again, so I have disabled the option of turning off display :(

And the second problem is that my microphone is not working, it has been detected in the system preferences but is not functional, it is neither capturing sound, nor showing any sign of capturing sound (no lights of input level show capturing sound). I have also attached a external microphone but still not working :(

Anyway, great work, was trying to install Mac OS X for a long time and finally succeeded :P

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your infamous guide Leppy - much appreciated.

It was the blueprint for many a base install. I had issues, but they were finally resolved, so I'm giving back my working solution without too much explanation (seeing as it was pure trial and error).

Hi there all D620 GMA950 (27A2) owners,

I have uploaded an Extra folder.

It has all the goodies needed for 10.6 up to version 10.6.8 (tested from 10.6.6) on Dell Latitude D620 GMA950 (27A2 only).

Simply including this folder at the drive root + AsereBLN bootloader, Voodoo HDA, Voodoo PS2 keyboard and trackpad will give you a very sweet system. Read the blurb below for more info.

Note (just in case): Lion install is not possible on many D620's without upgrading the CPU.

It may show as Core2Duo, but it's really only a CoreDuo (32bit).

Use CPU-X to find actual CPU model.

Notes:

~≈ D620 GMA950 (27A2) + MacOS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8 ≈~

This is an Extra folder packed with solutions* to get a Dell D620, running Snow Leopard 10.6.6 thru 10.6.8, to have working GMA950 27A2 card. ie. it probably won't work with GMA950 27AE, and definitely not NVIDIA X3100. It has worked on most Dell D620's (GMA950 27A2), though there was this one..

If you install MacOS 10.6.8 / 7 / 6 (possibly earlier) to an external device on another Mac, all you need to do is drop this folder in, then install AsereBLN (or [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]) to the device.

You will then have a bootable Dell D620 to install / clone to.

*contains:

 EFI string for GMA950 in boot.plist

 DSDT.aml

 GMA950 ROM file

 com.apple.boot.plist with many tweaks

 kexts carefully selected for 10.6.8 on D620

Simba

ps. I have been told that later Chameleon versions will further improve the system (if that's possible).

I have been cautious to try, but will resume experimentation shortly and post my findings.

Extra_D620_10.6.6.dmg.zip

• 3 months later...

i just want to add this install is simply the easiest and fastest installs available. i can go to any number of sites searching for kexts and install guides and answers to noob questions and come away completely frustrated at the unanswered questions, kernel panics and other noobs not reading enough or searching. simply put, this is the easiest hackintosh install you'll find. download/burn the attached files, read and follow the directions and enjoy. your dell with thank you.

leppy, my hats off to you, this is the best install there is, hands down.

thank-you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I have the e1705 w/ intel.

Can't get the display to turn on.

I've tried just about everything:

EFI string

DSDT.aml mod

Screen Sleeper Solution.pkg

My screen simply doesn't show up as a device (just my SonyTV - see screenshot)

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks,

//DJF

post-390501-0-07567700-1330066385_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi leppy,

I am trying to download the D620SLV1.iso but when i try to the website site it goes to say folder not found. Can you please help me. Thanks!

Same for me. I managed to install OS X 6 on my D630 but WiFi does not work. When I switch it on in BIOS, the boot process fails with a kernel panic.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Leppys work was the kick off by alot of things - one of them an entire site dedicated to Dell Latitudes - however, hes method have been replaced by more "up2date" methods such as myHack.

Head to to: Install osx on a dell - there you will find excally what you need to run osx on your dell.

Hi valkin. I've tried the most up to date bootpack and EDP which doesn't work as out of the box as leppy's iso did for my D620 when installing Snow Leopard 10.6.0. I tried an older EDP(1.2) with the hopes that it would help with my situation but it hasn't. I installed Lion onto my computer but it's super sluggish and I was looking to move back to Snow Leopard but lost my copy of leppy's iso, thinking that the mediafire link would be alive for good. Mea culpa.

But to be specific with my problem, when running the installer, I'm prompted with an image of a mouse with batteries needing to be replaced, which probably means that my trackpad (nor my keyboard) is detected.

Thanks!

Hey,

I know that one of the crew members have D620 and it runs like a dream, i personally have D430 with Lion.. also works like a dream.

Suggestion: use myhack+lion+edp 3.x :-)