zoltankr

zoltankr

zoliky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Thank you ;)

np, mate!
Is there a way to boost (increase) the output volume through DSDT or LegacyHDA?
I have a headphone, at maximum volume level (System Preferences => Sound => Output volume) but the sound is not really high. I would appreciate any help. Thanks!

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,008 posts

np, mate!
Is there a way to boost (increase) the output volume through DSDT or LegacyHDA?
I have a headphone, at maximum volume level (System Preferences => Sound => Output volume) but the sound is not really high. I would appreciate any help. Thanks!

Not as far as I know, but I have never needed to look in to that.
If I plug headphones in, the volume level is great. And that's with the headphone (System Preferences => Sound => Output volume) set half way. Turning it full up deafens me..

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,008 posts
@ zoliky
Thanks for the SL tip. I can confirm I am now running 10A432 and the LegacyHDA.kext is working in partnership with DSDT in 64bit :(

Attached Files

LOLmoe

LOLmoe

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
hahah im literally going {censored} insane lol. now when i instsall ideneb, it doesnt recognize the ethernet... it used to... now it doesnt. and now the vanilla installation is taking more than 40 minutes of estiamte time... the harddrive randomly stops working, then works again... then stops working again, like it does it when it feels like it or something..

lol maybe ill scrap this and just go vista and raid 0 lol. idk wth is going on.

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,008 posts

hahah im literally going {censored} insane lol. now when i instsall ideneb, it doesnt recognize the ethernet... it used to... now it doesnt. and now the vanilla installation is taking more than 40 minutes of estiamte time... the harddrive randomly stops working, then works again... then stops working again, like it does it when it feels like it or something..

lol maybe ill scrap this and just go vista and raid 0 lol. idk wth is going on.

I wouldn't try using DSDT with a modified OSX like iDeneb, just add it to /Extra for a retail build.
As for your install issue with the hard drive stopping and starting? please explain what you are trying to do?

-iCE!HACKER-

-iCE!HACKER-

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
Awesome guide man... Thanks a alot will give it a shot

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,008 posts

Awesome guide man... Thanks a alot will give it a shot

Thanks. Let me know how you get on :)

maleorderbride

maleorderbride

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Thanks! I was using lensboard's guide (ds3l/ud3l), but this is a cleaner product. My sleep seems to be giving me issues still (9600GSO 384 using 8800GS 384 string), but the kexts/dsdt install was straightforward and easy with the guide.

I have one odd issue, that is maybe just a Chameleon issue? Somewhere in the process, but after I had all my kexts in the /E/E folder the folder now has a small red circle with a dash in it and I can no longer access the /E/E folder as I have "because you do not have sufficient privileges".

Everything is working fine currently, but I might want to modify one of my kexts in the /E/E folder in the future some day. Any ideas?

Oh, also, the sleep issue is that when I power on from sleep I get the same device removal error that you get when you unplug a USB thumb drive without ejecting it first. I assume this is because of the data HDD I have in the computer. Is there a way to disable this error?

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,008 posts
Thanks.

What sleep issues are you having? Sleep is related to the video card so maybe it has something to with you using the device string for 8800GS? I guess you have QE/CI working for your card but maybe a different string might help (zangieff has a 9400 which also didn't have a device string and he managed to get it working here, so I don't know if this is any help?)

The small red circle with a dash in it has to do with permissions. I guess you are using the Chameleon partition? If so , go to Terminal and cd to the Chameleon volume and do a ls -l to list the details and owner of the volume etc.. (see attached screengrab). If the owner reads root for example then you will need root privileges to access it, but you can change it in Terminal.

The USB device error when waking from sleep? Do you have any PATA drives? as all mine are SATA and I never have this issue....

Attached Files

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,008 posts

Thanks. I have seen that your DSDT does not contain the CMOS-reset-fix:

I didn't have the need for the CMOS reset fix until now. This is needed for 10.6 and I will update the guide to include it.

EDIT: The guide is now updated to include this.

justmetoo

justmetoo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
Success with DSDT install on second try.

Problem reading my graphics card correctly first time. On the second attempt using ACPI Patcher I selected PEGP (even though it is not present when using IORegisterExplorer and changed settings to "DUAL DVI-TV/HC1".

Also updated to change in CMOS for 10.6

Another great guide from Blackosx.

I will update my sig soon, but want you to see where I was coming from.

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,008 posts
Well done justmetoo.
Thanks for reporting your success. ;)

maleorderbride

maleorderbride

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Thought you might be interested to know that your guides work for the EP45-UD3L boards as well. Which only makes sense since they are all the same chipsets as the DS3L series boards.

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,008 posts

Thought you might be interested to know that your guides work for the EP45-UD3L boards as well. Which only makes sense since they are all the same chipsets as the DS3L series boards.

Thanks for letting me know :(
I have added that to the short list on the front page of the main guide.

justmetoo

justmetoo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
Just installed the latest 10.5.8 update, went smoothly (I'm inching my way closer to being comfortable with a 10.6 install). But I did notice a few interesting messages in the system.log:

Aug 24 08:55:50 localhost kernel[0]: GFX0: family specific matching fails
Aug 24 08:55:50 localhost kernel[0]: ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::pushCPU_CSTData - _CST evaluation failed
Aug 24 08:55:50 localhost kernel[0]: ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - WARNING - LPC device initialization failed: C-state power management not initialized

Should these be overlooked or should I make adjustments to correct my install, if so what??

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,008 posts
I am not sure about these.
I will have to wait to I get back to my hack to tell you if I get them too. But I guess I will have them and if so, they have never caused any problem with using the system.

I have just asked Google and come up with this is you want to have a read and look in to it.
http://www.insanelym...p...t&p=1058018

macastragalos

macastragalos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
No success at first attempt although I have strictly followed your guide my friend.
I think that one of my problems is my graphics card is not listed on ACPI Patcher, so I used nVidia (generic) 512 Mb and DUAL DVI. As it did not appeared PEGP I did not include it.
Sound did not run either but I have just seen I did not select HDEF Audio . Anyway I added after that same LegacyHDA.kext you mentioned at your guide to Extra/Extensions folder.
My main problem is my graphics card again :)

Is it really risky to use koalala's patcher with our common gigabyte dual bios ?

Thanks in advance for all your help !! :)

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,008 posts
My mate :)

Don't worry if your first attempt didn't work. It took me a maybe 10 attempts to get one I was happy with when I first started playing with DSDT.

As for your graphics card..mmmm..You are going to have do some searching to see who else has managed to do it with your card and copy what they did.
Audio, yes, try it again with with HDEF selected. and the LegacyHDA.kext added in /Extra. And don't forget to remove you EFI strings from com.apple.Boot.plist.

As for the risk involved with the common gigabyte dual bios.. That only applies if you're re-flashing your BIOS. and we are not.

Well done, keep trying with different settings :)

EDIT: If you can't get your video working with DSDT then you can still use device (EFI) strings for your video and DSDT for everything else.

macastragalos

macastragalos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

If you can't get your video working with DSDT then you can still use device (EFI) strings for your video and DSDT for everything else.

That is my latest idea !! In that case I could leave gfx strings in com.apple.boot.plist .I am going to try with other nvidia cards in acpi patcher only for fun. If that is not the case, afterwards, I will use EFI strings.

Thank you again, my friend ! ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy