[UPDATED) PC EFI v10.1 with Source is OUT! Leopard & Snow Compatible

Onixs

95 posts in this topic

You've downloaded the source code. Download the binary.

hi Beerkex,

netkas is the only link to the source code,

you know where I can download the binary?

thx again

Morelli

I got this error when booting SL:

Assertion Failed: File "/SourceCache/AirPortDriverBrcm4311/AirPortDriverBrcm4311-410.91.14/src/shared/macosx_osl.cpp", Line 936: mbuf_flags(m) & MBUF_PKTHDR

Hi Netkas,

I had Chameleon R2 + PC-EFI V10.0 sucessfully installed to my Gigabyte X58-UD5 mobo + GTX285 setup. I had dsmos (x64), nullcpupowermanagement (x64), OpenHaltRestart (x64), PlatformUUID (x64) and ionetworking (x32) loaded individually in /Extra/Extensions folder and your latest ATI_Nvidia injector in /SLE. I had to add -x32 flag so I could get Realtek R1000 network otherwise it would not load with default x64 flag.

GTX285 has full CI/QE/OpenGL acceleration with SL stock drivers. But I am surpised FireGL V7600 also worked with 2D acceleration with stock drivers albeit without CI/QE/OpenGL acceleration.

Sleep does not work as expected - screen would go blank but mobo was still running and failed to come back.

The Firewire GUID error still existed.

The V10.0 bootloader also worked beautifully with the plain vanilla 10.5.7 Leo - no issues during boot up.

For me, I would rather have kexts loaded separately in /E/E folder. This also makes the installation survived to the -f flag.

Many thanks for the good work.

Latest and greatest PC_EFI, based on chameleon2

logofdg.png

patches added for better Snow Leo compatibility,

Works fine for me with Leopard 10.5.7 and for testing purposes I install Snow Leopard 380 beta using Chameleon 2 RC1 for boot my external HD with Snow install files and works!

I just need to start install with -x32 and after install I still need to use -x32 to Snow run, without this I have kernel panic, maybe some wrong kext.

Download the archive in the first post.

the file of the first post is not binary, but the source file to another boot. :)

could someone please explain how they are using this source file? has no install?

thx

Morelli

the file of the first post is not binary, but the source file to another boot. :)

Man, follow this:

1. download the file PCEFIv10.zip from the first post
  2. unzip the file PCEFIv10.zip
  3. after unzip you will have a folder named PCEFIv10 inside this folder you have a file named: boot.zip
  4. unzip the file boot.zip and tah nah!!! your boot file is there! :(

Now copy this boot file to HD where you install Chameleon 2 RC1 and overwrite the file.

ps.: sorry about the bad english, Im still learning...

Man, follow this:
  3. after unzip you will have a folder named PCEFIv10 inside this folder you have a file named: boot.zip
  4. unzip the file boot.zip and tah nah!!! your boot file is there! :(

Now copy this boot file to HD where you install Chameleon 2 RC1 and overwrite the file.

thanks vultu, I thought that there was an installer for these files. just replace the boot, not solved the problem I'm having, thanks anyway. :)

your English is better than mine, I am also Brazilian ;)

hey all,

i've installed this with chameleon but i'm getting waiting for dsmos and it won't boot i had this before with pcefi v9 and the only way i could get past it was using -v -f can't work out how as i can only use either -f or -v with chameleon. its like the dsmos kext won't load unless i ignore cache but i can't boot unless in verbose as well?!? any ideas?

enb14 thats not related to booter

Netkas with previous EFI9 at least I was able to boot SL now it just hangs in that part forever.

After deleting that kext it boots but by somehow is hanging with your EFI10.

Man, follow this:
  4. unzip the file boot.zip and tah nah!!! your boot file is there! ;)

You says copy efi v10 into HD and that's all. How please, because the old boot cannot be replaced, because it is invisible? Replace the boot in root directory or where?

SalG

Notebook ASUS G71V

4GB DDR3

Intel QX9300

NVidia 9700M GT 512MB

Video 19200 x 1200

OS x 10.5.7

Chameleon V2/EFI V9

not all works fine but it works however :rolleyes:

1. open Terminal

2. sudo -s

3. (you will be asked for password)

4. cp SPACE drag&drop the file boot into the terminal SPACE drag & drop the startvolume into the terminal

(will look like cp /Users/XYZ/Desktop/boot /Volumes/MY_STARTVOLUME )

You can check if you overwritten the old boot by ls -l /boot.

For my knowledge for the function of boot it doesnt matter if it is visible/invisible.

you may open you favarite chameleon instalelr and replace the files boot0 boot1 boot with new cham2.

i think it's no problem.

i still asked how to comile chameleon,the sources are avalable but usefulness 0

if you need to ask how to compile the sources .. they're not going to be of any use ;)

if you need to ask how to compile the sources .. they're not going to be of any use :(

what's you mean? i haven't got contact with apple of course i've got hackintosh p5q+geforce based.

and loader means iteresting how their work,may be somethink change for yourself.

if sources public available then exist way to compile.

it's simply interesting to known osx86 better.

what's you mean? i haven't got contact with apple of course i've got hackintosh p5q+geforce based.

and loader means iteresting how their work,may be somethink change for yourself.

if sources public available then exist way to compile.

it's simply interesting to known osx86 better.

lol ok

its make

For those that have lost confidence after trying to boot it for the xxth time (like myself), I found out the only way to boot mine was to use flag -x32. Even after initial setup, upgrade to 10A394, it still requires -x32.

I can't complain because PCEFI v10 still my favorite so I guess I will stick with it until further improvement. Thanks to all contributors.

If I can only figure out how to make it sleep...

1. open Terminal

2. sudo -s

3. (you will be asked for password)

4. cp SPACE drag&drop the file boot into the terminal SPACE drag & drop the startvolume into the terminal

(will look like cp /Users/XYZ/Desktop/boot /Volumes/MY_STARTVOLUME )

You can check if you overwritten the old boot by ls -l /boot.

For my knowledge for the function of boot it doesnt matter if it is visible/invisible.

Thanks, it works!

SalG