VMware Mac OS X Guest Package for ESX, Workstation, Player, Server and Fusion

2,213 posts in this topic

Hi I need some help here... appreciate if someone could help...

I did exactly as the first post to try install Retail Snow Leopard on VMware Workstation 7. I mainly have a problem with the virtual hard disk.

If I create a SCSI virtual disk with LSI Logic, I boot, get past apple logo on grey screen, past the license terms/conditions, past language selection, but then when I get to "select disk to install", there is no disk avail!

If I create an IDE virtual disk, I get stuck at the apple logo grey screen.

I am using a physical retail snow leopard disk, not iso or anything.

Physical hardware is core2duo T9400 and SATA hdd

Thanks for any help!

Once you have booted up, go to the Disk Utility and format the drive (virtual machine drive). Then quit the disk utility and continue the install process.

Hi I need some help here... appreciate if someone could help...

I did exactly as the first post to try install Retail Snow Leopard on VMware Workstation 7. I mainly have a problem with the virtual hard disk.

If I create a SCSI virtual disk with LSI Logic, I boot, get past apple logo on grey screen, past the license terms/conditions, past language selection, but then when I get to "select disk to install", there is no disk avail!

If I create an IDE virtual disk, I get stuck at the apple logo grey screen.

I am using a physical retail snow leopard disk, not iso or anything.

Physical hardware is core2duo T9400 and SATA hdd

Thanks for any help!

I solved my performance problems and unrepsoniveness by disabling sleep in OS X. It looks like it wasnt waking up when I tried to interact with it. Im not sure how this caused the dodgy performance problems, but it has stopped that too ( freezing up for 10's off seconds ).

I notice freezing issue, too. Either I didn't have patience to wait for its come back or it is a dead freeze, I had to stop and restart the VM. It's been quite inconsistent so I have no talent how to reproduce that. I suspect if it has anything to do with the power feature. So I have turned off all the Energy Saver features in Snow Leopard, the freeze seems to go away for now.

Hi all, first thanks a lot for this wonderful method :jerry:

I post because I made a successful install of 10.5.6 retail then updated 10.5.8 but so far I have a very laggy system .. I don't think it's a performance problem because the last ubuntu is running very smoothly while I allocated it much less resources ..

I use VMWare server 2.0.2 on windows seven home premium x64 with a core 2 duo ULV su7300.

Another problem is when I try to install VMtools, I have this message :

WMware Tools is not supported on this guest OS.

Isn't any way to install snow leopard on my config ?

Thanks in advance !

Leopard.vmx.txt

vmware.log.txt

Once you have booted up, go to the Disk Utility and format the drive (virtual machine drive). Then quit the disk utility and continue the install process.

Hi I tried and managed to continue install but now the install process hangs @ "29 mins more for completion"

Is there a way to boot from iso from the retail disk i have?

I have VMware Fusion v3.0.0 (204229) installed on my hack (P5K PRO with Q9300). The hack of course runs Retail Snow Leopard 10.6.1 with all available updates. I installed the same Retail of Snow Leopard as a Virtual Machine. After a while I got the usual: "Install Succeeded" and then the restart.

That's when it said: "No bootable device was detected".

I selected the darwin.iso (was still set to the cdrom drive) and it did start up, until the Apple logo and spinner that is (Edit: because I used the darwin.iso for Leopard instead of the one for Snow Leopard).

I then tried to press F8 at startup, but that didn't work. Please note that I am using an Apple keyboard, so I had to untick the "Use all F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys" checkbox in System Preferences (under keyboard) otherwise iTunes starts up with F8. And yes you have to be darn quick with it or it won't even see your F8.

Anyway. I did a boot with -s and there it was :/ root# Great. So I entered exit and pressed return. A few messages later... DMOS has arrived and then: "ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out"

Not good. But looking at that ISO (with Pacifist) I see NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and yet I get this error?!? I must be missing something. Hmm. The ISO in /Library/Application Support/VMware Fusion/isoimages/ is different. Not the one I downloaded for Snow Leopard from post #1. And I ran that little script.

Gosh. What stupid. I forgot to replace darwin.iso in vmware-darwin-200 directory with the new one. I guess that I first need to un-install and then re-install it once more. Working on it... Ok. New ISO is now in place. Testing... Interesting. I now get "DSMOS has Arrived' twice. Time to change the smc.present setting to FALSE?

Yes. That did it. No more duplicated messages. I passed the Country selection, Keyboard selection and the "Do You Already Have a Mac" screen. Now am I looking at the Registration Information. Looking good so far. And it's done. Software Update also finished.

I also install VMware Tools (click on the: "VMware Tools (Darwin 30) icon on your desktop) to get: "VMware Tools is out of date. Choose the Virtual Machine > Install VMWare Tools menu." Selecting that menu however only lets you cancel the installation, but at least it let me change the screen resolution. There's still a bit more work to do for this VMware newby – I need to update the provided darwin.iso with the latest VMware Tools version for VMware Fusion v3

Unanswered Questions:

1) How do I rename a virtual machine – I will Google for it of course.

2) How do I fix this VMware Tools drama? See my next post.

3) What do you recommend for people in need of a VM to test dsdt.aml changes – we now need to modify the ISO time after time (with a script) but isn't there a better/more relaxed way to it?

A few notes:

1) The vmx file is located in /Users/[username]/Documents/Virtual Machines.localized/ and is hidden!

2) You only need to change the firmware setting from "efi" to "bios".

3) Don't change the smc.present setting to FALSE when using FakeSMC.kext for the installation of the retail disk.

4) darwin.iso doesn't seem to be working for me. It does work if you use the right one you stupid!

BTW: Please don't assume that people know what you are talking about. I mean a line like: "Unzip the archive to a folder" isn't telling anything. Using a simple name instead, would have helped people like me.

p.s. I am a long time VirtualBox user (since v0.9 on Ubuntu Linux/installed OS X 10.5.6 with v2.4) and Parallels Desktop v4 on the Mac. Still pretty new to VMware on the Mac/Hack.

Donk you are well deserving the "legend" status, thank you!

I can report full vanilla retail Snow Leopard install in VMWare Workstation 7 running on both a desktop and laptop ( core 2 duo, centrino 2 respectively ).

The only issues I ran into were Read/Write errors which were solved by copying the retail DVD to a disk image an mounting that through workstation 7.

The sleep issue was bugging me as others have notice unresponsiveness after a few seconds of off time. Turning off power saving should patch this I am guessing.

As mentioned earlier the screen resize doesn't quite work but i found that if i jump to full screen from the standard workstation screen it resizes nicely. Great resolution even with the x4500 graphics on the Thinkpad x200s!!

Thanks again!

There is no need whatsoever to use the provided ISO while using VMware Fusion 3 on a hack – I am now running ultra-vanilla Snow Leopard 10.6.1 on my hack – with Snow Leopard 10.6.1 installed on it – with the original darwin.iso as starter (which was modified slightly by the attached script). That's all to it. No more VMware Tools issues for me.

The only line I had to change in the .vmx file was: firmware = "efi" -> firmware = "bios".

fix_vmware.sh.zip

Hi,

When I boot with the install dvd I got this error message:

errorkm.png

I'm using vmware workstation 7 and the settings are:

.encoding = "Big5"

config.version = "8"

virtualHW.version = "7"

maxvcpus = "4"

scsi0.present = "TRUE"

scsi0.virtualDev = "lsilogic"

memsize = "1024"

scsi0:0.present = "TRUE"

scsi0:0.fileName = "Mac OS X.vmdk"

ide1:0.present = "TRUE"

ide1:0.fileName = "I:\Apps\snowleopard_10a432_userdvd.iso"

ide1:0.deviceType = "cdrom-image"

floppy0.startConnected = "FALSE"

floppy0.fileName = ""

floppy0.autodetect = "TRUE"

ethernet0.present = "TRUE"

ethernet0.virtualDev = "e1000"

ethernet0.wakeOnPcktRcv = "FALSE"

ethernet0.addressType = "generated"

ehci.present = "TRUE"

sound.present = "TRUE"

sound.fileName = "-1"

sound.autodetect = "TRUE"

pciBridge0.present = "TRUE"

pciBridge4.present = "TRUE"

pciBridge4.virtualDev = "pcieRootPort"

pciBridge4.functions = "8"

pciBridge5.present = "TRUE"

pciBridge5.virtualDev = "pcieRootPort"

pciBridge5.functions = "8"

pciBridge6.present = "TRUE"

pciBridge6.virtualDev = "pcieRootPort"

pciBridge6.functions = "8"

pciBridge7.present = "TRUE"

pciBridge7.virtualDev = "pcieRootPort"

pciBridge7.functions = "8"

vmci0.present = "TRUE"

roamingVM.exitBehavior = "go"

displayName = "Mac OS X"

#guestOS = "darwin-64"

guestOS = "freebsd"

nvram = "Mac OS X.nvram"

virtualHW.productCompatibility = "hosted"

extendedConfigFile = "Mac OS X.vmxf"

ethernet0.generatedAddress = "00:0c:29:31:dc:28"

tools.syncTime = "FALSE"

uuid.location = "56 4d 70 96 36 a9 b0 ab-34 6a 9d 7f 61 31 dc 28"

uuid.bios = "56 4d 70 96 36 a9 b0 ab-34 6a 9d 7f 61 31 dc 28"

cleanShutdown = "TRUE"

replay.supported = "TRUE"

replay.filename = ""

scsi0:0.redo = ""

pciBridge0.pciSlotNumber = "17"

pciBridge4.pciSlotNumber = "21"

pciBridge5.pciSlotNumber = "22"

pciBridge6.pciSlotNumber = "23"

pciBridge7.pciSlotNumber = "24"

scsi0.pciSlotNumber = "16"

ethernet0.pciSlotNumber = "33"

sound.pciSlotNumber = "34"

ehci.pciSlotNumber = "35"

vmci0.pciSlotNumber = "36"

vmotion.checkpointFBSize = "16777216"

ethernet0.generatedAddressOffset = "0"

vmci0.id = "1630657576"

ethernet0.vnet = "VMnet0"

ethernet0.connectionType = "custom"

monitor.virtual_exec = "hardware"

monitor.virtual_mmu = "software"

usb.present = "TRUE"

ich7m.present = "TRUE"

keyboard.vusb.enable = "TRUE"

mouse.vusb.enable = "TRUE"

usb.pciSlotNumber = "32"

usb:0.present = "TRUE"

usb:1.present = "TRUE"

tools.remindInstall = "TRUE"

usb:1.deviceType = "hub"

usb:0.deviceType = "mouse"

policy.vm.mvmtid = "52 65 bf 03 10 4f fd 23-4e db 54 dd 8d 64 b8 a3"

policy.vm.managedVMTemplate = "TRUE"

policy.vm.managedVM = "FALSE"

vmi.present = "TRUE"

bios.forceSetupOnce = "FALSE"

smc.present = "FALSE"

vmi.pciSlotNumber = "37"

I've tried the guestos as darwin-64 but I got this:

error2t.png

Hope you can help me.

Thanks,

Kevin

Hi,

I've spent a total of 2 weeks learning desperately how to get Mac OS X 10.6 Leopard on my XP. I tried hard it but at the end of the day I am still a newibe and experienced problems . I've gathered a lot of information and all necessary files.

So I would appreciate some assistance please. First I'd like to know if you think that it might be possible with my current hardware or not, if it is, then I'll be still determined to get it working.

I understand that it might be challenging with my specs but as long as its possible, I'll keep on trying.

Current Hardware and Software Specs:-

Clevo D900T Laptop - 32Bit Machine - 1 Processor.

CPU::- 3.4GHz 650 (S-LGA775) @ 800MHz-FSB -2MB-Ch- Genuine Intel Pentium 4 with HT Technology

Memory:- 2GB/2048MB DDR2-533 RAM

Hard Drive:- 2x *SATA* 100GB 5400RPM HDD = 200GB-HDD

500GB Portable WD

Graphics:- Geforce 7800-GTX

Windows XP SP3

VMware Workstation 7.0.0 Build 203739

Images

Apple - Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.dmg

iPC OSx86 10.5.6 Universal PPF6 Final v1.1.iso

iDeneb v1.6 1058 Lite Edition.iso

iATKOS v7.iso

iPortable OSx86i Leopard 10.5.4.dmg

Files

vmware-darwin-100.zip

vmware-darwin-200.zip

vmware-darwin-snowy.zip

vmware-darwin-voodoo.zip

Chameleon_DFE_for_Hard_Disk.zip

EFIStudio.zip

I am not quite sure how to use these files yet.

My Ultimate Goal is to be able to Dual boot the Mac OS X 10.6 Leopard with my XP. iPC OSx86 10.5.6 Universal PPF6 Final v1.1.iso is the only image that seems to start booting but then it crashes when I try to boot it from a DVD (not using VMware).

I gusse for now I'll just have to focus first on trying to get it to work using VMware. I tried VMware with the darwin 32 bit edition from vmware-darwin-100.zip but I get an error message :-

post-502956-1257155377_thumb.jpg

I've also come across a -legacy flag to use but I can't get passed the above error.

I don't have accss to a Mac System so, my plan is at least to get it working using VMware so that I can get to DiskUtility and start using the images above to write them to my Portable WD so I can install from the HD into my PC directly.

If someone could please help that would be greatly appreciated. I am sure if I get Mac OS X working on my machine, it will help a lot of other people who are still running a Pentium machine as well.

I'd like to get the Mac OS X running because I might purchase a Mac OS X system and I wanted to experience it first before making a decision, also to create Custom Firmware for my iPhone 3GS and possibly develop an iPhone App.

Thanks in advance,

Will

Well there are now so many questions asking the same thing over and over again, I have lost the will to answer them individually. So for the last time here are some answers. Bookmark this post it will help you! Also reading the manual will help you. I spent about 8 months reading forum posts, lurking, checking code out, talking to some VMware folks and thousands of hacks and experiments before I got this all working. Please take the time to read and learn from the the thread. I know it isn't ideal and I have no time to setup a Wiki.

I will answer posts that look interesting, and have new ideas or issues. What I am concentrating on is a new image (currently sorts of works) to boot Leopard and Snow Leopard including 64-bit kernel mode for 10.6. I am then likely to produce binary patch to convert the darwin.iso from VMware Fusion 3 to one that works for other VMware products. I am also looking into the new EFI BIOS in Workstation 7, Player 3 and Fusion 3. It will need serious work to get that working, including building a new customized version, but it is interesting to me and so will have a look.

Here are some common questions plus quick answers then:

1. CPU Disabled

a. Is you processor 64-bit & VT-X enabled?

b. Have you enabled it in BIOS and cold power cycled the machine?

c. Get you processor number and check it out here http://ark.intel.com/VTList.aspx

d. Some machines e.g. Sony Vaios have a hard lock to stop VT-x. Not much you can do apart from some BIOS hacks floating around the web.

2. Mac OS X cannot be installed on this computer

a. You have a grey restore DVD which is tied to a specific model. It may be hackable but I haven't tried.

b. Get a retail copy from an Apple store!

3. Keyboard and mouse act strange

a. Read the manual the solution is in there.

b. Upgrade to VMware Workstation 7 or Player 3 as the issues have gone away

4. Guest freezes

a. Power settings not set correctly in Leopard or Snow Leopard

b. In the manual!

5. Voodoo and SL updates

a. Run the setup uninstall command

b. Replace with darwin.iso from the zip file

c. Run the setup install command

6. Shared folders not working

a. Workstation 6 - read the manual

b. Workstatuion 7 - no need to the hack just install tools from darwin SL zip

c. Make sure Shared Folders are enabled in VMware

d. Make sure you have actually shared something or you will get an error.

7. Sound and Video Drivers

a. Follow Zenith432 posts here or his SourceForge web site http://sourceforge.net/projects/vmsvga2/

b. His work is pretty amazing and suggest posting issues about his drivers in his own threads in this forum so he can see them.

8. Snow Leopard support

a. Only Workstation 7, Player 3 and Fusion 3 using this method

b. Not earlier versions of those products or ESXi 4 and Server 2

9. Installing

a. Use an ISO image and connect to VMware virtual drive

b. Real DVDs and Daemon tools do not seem to work

10. VMware Server 2 Network

a. Network does not connect

b. Need to manually edit the guest VMX file and add:

ethernet.virtualdev = "e1000"

11. Posting for help

a. VMX file attached not inline

b. Log file attached no inline

c. Host machine specs

Retail vanilla only - no distributions

There are so many things that are added it is impossible to test, and so please do not post in this thread if you are using something other than what is bought in an Apple store.

Well there are now so many questions asking the same thing over and over again, I have lost the will to answer them individually. So for the last time here are some answers. Bookmark this post it will help you! Also reading the manual will help you. I spent about 8 months reading forum posts, lurking, checking code out, talking to some VMware folks and thousands of hacks and experiments before I got this all working. Please take the time to read and learn from the the thread. I know it isn't ideal and I have no time to setup a Wiki.

I will answer posts that look interesting, and have new ideas or issues. What I am concentrating on is a new image (currently sorts of works) to boot Leopard and Snow Leopard including 64-bit kernel mode for 10.6. I am then likely to produce binary patch to convert the darwin.iso from VMware Fusion 3 to one that works for other VMware products. I am also looking into the new EFI BIOS in Workstation 7, Player 3 and Fusion 3. It will need serious work to get that working, including building a new customized version, but it is interesting to me and so will have a look.

1. CPU Disabled

c. Get you processor number and check it out here http://ark.intel.com/VTList.aspx

d. Some machines e.g. Sony Vaios have a hard lock to stop VT-x. Not much you can do apart from some BIOS hacks floating around the web.

a. You have a grey restore DVD which is tied to a specific model. It may be hackable but I haven't tried.

4. Guest freezes

b. In the manual!

5. Voodoo and SL updates

a. Follow Zenith432 posts here or his SourceForge web site http://sourceforge.net/projects/vmsvga2/

b. His work is pretty amazing and suggest posting issues about his drivers in his own threads in this forum so he can see them.

8. Snow Leopard support

9. Installing

Donk,

Thanks from all following this thread and for all your continued help, I can understand how frustrating it must be, so come on people, let the man get on with the next phase which I for one am waiting for with baited breath.

Cheers,

Mac SofK

Donk,

Thanks from all following this thread and for all your continued help, I can understand how frustrating it must be, so come on people, let the man get on with the next phase which I for one am waiting for with baited breath.

Cheers,

Mac SofK

Thanks - I think there are enough folks here who can help out on those questions.

I went throught the thread once, so either I missed something or there's bad luck in the air.

http://i36.tinypic.com/30sbnlx.png

Im using iDeneb lite last version

Mounted on Windows with Virtual Clone Drive

.encoding = "windows-1252"
config.version = "8"
virtualHW.version = "7"
scsi0.present = "TRUE"
memsize = "1024"
ide0:0.present = "TRUE"
ide0:0.fileName = "iden.vmdk"
ide1:0.fileName = "H:"
ide1:0.deviceType = "cdrom-raw"
usb.present = "TRUE"
ehci.present = "TRUE"
sound.present = "TRUE"
sound.fileName = "-1"
mks.enable3d = "TRUE"
vmci0.present = "TRUE"
displayName = "iden"
guestOS = "winnt"
nvram = "iden.nvram"
ft.secondary0.enabled = "TRUE"
tools.upgrade.policy = "useGlobal"

extendedConfigFile = "iden.vmxf"

floppy0.fileName = "A:"

uuid.location = "56 4d 43 c0 65 4c 92 0b-a9 53 c2 48 e3 3f 53 e3"
uuid.bios = "56 4d 43 c0 65 4c 92 0b-a9 53 c2 48 e3 3f 53 e3"
ide0:0.redo = ""
vmotion.checkpointFBSize = "134217728"
usb.pciSlotNumber = "32"
ethernet0.generatedAddress = "00:0c:29:3f:53:e3"
vmci0.id = "-482389021"
monitor.virtual_exec = "automatic"
monitor.virtual_mmu = "automatic"

and that's my vmx file

Can someone help me out?

I'd really like to start coding some apps for the iPhone.

Hi guys

I can't find vmware-darwin-snowy.zip anywhere: not available at the original link from the first posting in this thread; no rapidshare links found on Google.

)Note: I've got already the other needed file, vmware-darwin.zip - found it on rapidshare)

Any ideas where to get vmware-darwin-snowy.zip from?

I am trying to install it on Vista 64 bit, VMware Workstation 7.0. Will share my experience here.

Tnx in advance to all !

EDIT: found it here http://drop.io/donk29a but cannot be downloaded (reached limit etc.)

I went throught the thread once, so either I missed something or there's bad luck in the air.

http://i36.tinypic.com/30sbnlx.png

Im using iDeneb lite last version

Mounted on Windows with Virtual Clone Drive

.encoding = "windows-1252"
config.version = "8"
virtualHW.version = "7"
scsi0.present = "TRUE"
memsize = "1024"
ide0:0.present = "TRUE"
ide0:0.fileName = "iden.vmdk"
ide1:0.fileName = "H:"
ide1:0.deviceType = "cdrom-raw"
usb.present = "TRUE"
ehci.present = "TRUE"
sound.present = "TRUE"
sound.fileName = "-1"
mks.enable3d = "TRUE"
vmci0.present = "TRUE"
displayName = "iden"
guestOS = "winnt"
nvram = "iden.nvram"
ft.secondary0.enabled = "TRUE"
tools.upgrade.policy = "useGlobal"

extendedConfigFile = "iden.vmxf"

floppy0.fileName = "A:"

uuid.location = "56 4d 43 c0 65 4c 92 0b-a9 53 c2 48 e3 3f 53 e3"
uuid.bios = "56 4d 43 c0 65 4c 92 0b-a9 53 c2 48 e3 3f 53 e3"
ide0:0.redo = ""
vmotion.checkpointFBSize = "134217728"
usb.pciSlotNumber = "32"
ethernet0.generatedAddress = "00:0c:29:3f:53:e3"
vmci0.id = "-482389021"
monitor.virtual_exec = "automatic"
monitor.virtual_mmu = "automatic"

and that's my vmx file

Can someone help me out?

I'd really like to start coding some apps for the iPhone.

First of all the instructions from Donk et al are for the retail version of OS X not any of the Hackintosh versions although I know many of them work, as detailed in this thread.

Also you need to set up your VM with freeBSD to start with not Windows-NT, then change it to one of the Darwin options, manual at the bottom of the first ever post on this thread.

Also need to apply Update 2: Would everyone make sure they add or change lines in VMX to this. It solves quite a few problems:

monitor.virtual_exec = "hardware"

monitor.virtual_mmu = "software"

Although I think you need to address the NT issue first.

Good luck.

Thanks - I think there are enough folks here who can help out on those questions.

Indeed, guess we will all ned to step up to the plate, LoL

Well there are now so many questions asking the same thing over and over again, I have lost the will to answer them individually. So for the last time here are some answers. ...

I will answer posts that look interesting, and have new ideas or issues.

Mine was different wasn't it? I guess that my question wasn't interesting enough, or are you unable to answer it?

"3) What do you recommend for people in need of a VM to test dsdt.aml changes – we now need to modify the ISO time after time (with a script) but isn't there a better/more relaxed way to it?"

Thanks anyway,

Chief

Mine was different wasn't it? I guess that my question wasn't interesting enough, or are you unable to answer it?

"3) What do you recommend for people in need of a VM to test dsdt.aml changes �" we now need to modify the ISO time after time (with a script) but isn't there a better/more relaxed way to it?"

Thanks anyway,

Chief

Sorry I missed it, and i interesting. Well the current boot loader has no way to load DSDT so until I get a reliable Chameleon boot loader working (yes I am looking at it), not sure there is much I can do to help just for now. The other thing is what do you want to test in the DSDT tables?

9. Installing

I found I could use the real DVD but only if I run it using -v arch=i386 -x32 cpus=1

Otherwise it did seem to freeze during the install. I didn't play with each option to see whcih ones I had to have, it seemed easier to just use them all.

I found I could use the real DVD but only if I run it using -v arch=i386 -x32 cpus=1

Otherwise it did seem to freeze during the install. I didn't play with each option to see whcih ones I had to have, it seemed easier to just use them all.

arch and -x32 flags don't do anything as this is not Chameleon. Maybe the legacy and cpus flags force it into a mode that stops the calls to the DVD drive crapping out. Thanks for the details.

Sorry I missed it, and i interesting. Well the current boot loader has no way to load DSDT so until I get a reliable Chameleon boot loader working (yes I am looking at it), not sure there is much I can do to help just for now. The other thing is what do you want to test in the DSDT tables?

Great. Thanks.

Now. Can you please share the exact method you used to generate/modify the darwin.iso because that way I can run tests here, and without bugging you all the time.

And I don't want to restart my hack 43 times (255 / 6) just to get a certain value. For that I want to use Debug() in my DSDT. Which unfortunately only works with the debug kernel installed.

Great. Thanks.

Now. Can you please share the exact method you used to generate/modify the darwin.iso because that way I can run tests here, and without bugging you all the time.

And I don't want to restart my hack 43 times (255 / 6) just to get a certain value. For that I want to use Debug() in my DSDT. Which unfortunately only works with the debug kernel installed.

How do you want to load the DSDT? That way I can see what the best method would be for a loader ISO.

1. CPU Disabled

4. Guest freezes

b. In the manual!

5. Voodoo and SL updates

8. Snow Leopard support

9. Installing

11. Posting for help

a. VMX file attached not inline

b. Log file attached no inline

c. Host machine specs

Retail vanilla only - no distributions

There are so many things that are added it is impossible to test, and so please do not post in this thread if you are using something other than what is bought in an Apple store.

Thanks Donc. You summarized very well the big problems and their solutions in one page. As you suggested, it is better to keep this page in a bookmark or in a Favorite to consult it whenever we have problem. Courage my bro, you better concentrate on the new image creation.

Leoul

I was able to boot and install the OS till the CHAMELEON bootload appears and I get:

"efi_inject_get_devprop_string NULL trying stringdata" error

http://i37.tinypic.com/15dur9u.png

I don't really get the DARWIN thing in the first post, I'm sure i can follow the guide and install it but how would that help ?

You haven't read anything here and this is why I am getting fed up. Nothing in you setup is going to work OK. Read the first post, manual and this post http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1317419.

Darwin is the name of the core OS http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwin_%28operating_system%29 and the parameter names used inside VMware for Mac OS X support, plus others like PureDarwin.