Snow Leopard on VAIO P(VGN-P90HS) working!

ryuu123

530 posts in this topic

i am installing since 2 hours and the progress bar always says 29/30 minutes and did not reach 50% yet

the internal disc is flashing yellow so i think there is something happening, did someone experience the same?

EDIT, after totally 3:15 hours... still installing, now around 65% and 23min to go - i guess that will be more :D

EDIT, after totally 6:10 hours... still installing, now around 75% and 18 min to go - haha

EDIT, after totally 9:30 hours... still installing, now around 85% and 15 min to go - what did i make wrong?

EDIT, after totally 13:00 hours.. still installing, now around 98% and 10 min to go - looks like i can go to bed :)

okay i made it, i came to the point where all of you are... everything woking, but no QE/CI :)

ryuu123, may i donate sth to you? just send me a PM if yes :)

anyone got the WWAN Drivers? the old link is only showing Windows Drivers :/

SOLVED: Use any of those infos at option webpage: IMEI 354505026201509 / Serial DR2988G8XB

but driver does not load :) failed to register

SOLVED: reboot helped

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought the usb dual monitor adapter, Diamond BVU190, and it works very well with the P/SL. I now have SL extended from the P onto my 22" Syncmaster via usb--very cool!

Full screen video is a no go. However, it doesn't work on the PC/XP side either so....

Hi,

I did some chages.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/qc3iq2kt9ctss2m/20101026.zip

This contains not all necessary files.

- boot

Add kernel auto patching (10.6.4 and 10.6.5)

- InetlSCHATA.kext

Using dma transfer(bit faster than ataPatch.sh)

- GraphicsDriver

More familier with PM. So now we don't need to some extra kernel patching to get sleep.

With above files, now we also get hibernate but have a issue.

After writing memory to disk is done, don't power off automatically. it reboot.

I strrugled the issue, but I can't solve...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have follow all the instruction. My one is Vaio P25G. May I check with you guys, My SL quite laggy, but I found some video, it works super smooth.

This is how I install my SL

1. Download Chrameleon 2 RC4 binary

2. Install it

3. Copy boot, DSDT, and System to root in harddisk

4. Remove AppleHDA

5. Using Kext helper 7b

6. Install the rest of the kext.

SL is working, but definitively is slow..Please correct me if something wrong there.

thanx

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I don't know if it helps, but I found interesting resourses on Intel web site while trying to get DXVA working on Asus 1101HA with windows xp installed. I found that default drivers (even latest) didn't support DXVA, but there is an SDK for embedded systems, and I was able to compile the new driver for XP supporting DXVA. Also I noticed the new driver even supports OpenGL 1.0-1.3 and 2.0-2.1 with good perfomance on 1.x.

My 1101HA can play 1080p movies without any problems with 30-40% CPU loads! Wow!

Ok, this SDK called IEGD and can be found here:

http://edc.intel.com/Software/Downloads/IEGD/#overview

We have many choices of operating systems to compile to.

Maybe someone can find it helpful to compile MacOS X version of this driver for us?

I've tried to use the IEGD {censored} in Linux, and went back to the psb drivers, as IEGD is even more tied to specific library versions, and is basically a binary blob, without much source. It will work on XP, and on a couple specific linux releases, but not on anything else.

As for ryuu123's pack in post 483, it worked partially on my 1101ha. The bootloader patches the kernel successfully, but I get stuck in 1024x768 instead of 1366x768 until I go back to the boot disponibile in Corsino's blog. The IntelSCHATA.kext isn't being used, even when I pass rd=disk0s4 (my hackintosh partition). The graphics driver seems to work, but I can't get the system to sleep (maybe some outdated kext laying around).

If anyone can help with these two (IntelSCHATA and sleep) I'd appreciate.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Hackintosh professors. I am quite new to this thing, but when I watched YouTube video of working Snow Leopard on VAIO P I was amazed! I use mac for a long time, but I need quite sma

ll mac for my travels, so this is a perfect solution.

My question is very simple, can someone kindly link me some step-by-step guide of how to install SL on the P? I found A LOT of everything in this thread and finally did not understand! So dumb I am, excuse me...

I have P11Z, can someone kindly describe the whole procedure - how to prepare USB drive, what where and how should I copy etc.

Very kind of all you.

Alex.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I have a eeepc 1101ha who have the intel gma500 like yours Vaio, I install the combo update 10.6.6 and now after the chameleon load the kext the screen appear black! I think the problem is the Graphics Card! I use the vaioPenabler in the /Extra/Extension folder and it works whit the 10.6 but now after the update I have the problem above!

Please help me!!!

• 1 month later...

Have read through the first several pages and the last several pages of this loooonnnnngggg thread...

Would like to clarify and verify the following:

A. Is ethernet working on any of the Vaio P's first or second generation?

B. Is WiFi working on any of the Vaio P's first or second generation?

C. Is sleep working working on any of the Vaio P's first or second generation?

D. What is latest version of Snow Leopard that works well on working on any of the Vaio P's first or second generation?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Mark

A. Is ethernet working on any of the Vaio P's first or second generation?

B. Is WiFi working on any of the Vaio P's first or second generation?

C. Is sleep working working on any of the Vaio P's first or second generation?

D. What is latest version of Snow Leopard that works well on working on any of the Vaio P's first or second generation?

A. No. (Yes: w/ USB Ethernet adapter )

B. Yes

C. Yes

D. 10.6.5 (10.6.6 have USB trouble)

My vaio P got broken few month ago.

So I can't release new patch/kexts.

# I bought MBA 11" :-p

A. No. (Yes: w/ USB Ethernet adapter )

B. Yes

C. Yes

D. 10.6.5 (10.6.6 have USB trouble)

My vaio P got broken few month ago.

So I can't release new patch/kexts.

# I bought MBA 11" :-p

Thank you very much for clarifying, ryuu123....really appreciate it!

Sorry, to hear about your vaio P breaking....I assume what broke is not covered by warranty if you didn't fix it.....

I assume you are happy with MBA 11"...have thought about getting one too... :censored2:

In my question 'A' you say ethernet works with USB ethernet adapter. That's OK with me, but do you need to use Apple's USB ethernet adapter...I have one from 4-5 years ago...also have other USB ethernet adapters by Trendnet, Belkin, and Sabrent....

Thanks,

Mark

In my question 'A' you say ethernet works with USB ethernet adapter. That's OK with me, but do you need to use Apple's USB ethernet adapter...I have one from 4-5 years ago...also have other USB ethernet adapters by Trendnet, Belkin, and Sabrent....

Third Party USB ether adapter will work if they have OSX driver.

The driver for Apple's USB Adapter come with OSX,So you don't need driver.

MBA is confortable but not In a Pocket! :-P

My vaio is so much modified to send repair :-<

Third Party USB ether adapter will work if they have OSX driver.

The driver for Apple's USB Adapter come with OSX,So you don't need driver.

MBA is confortable but not In a Pocket! :-P

My vaio is so much modified to send repair :-<

Thanks for the clarification, ryuu....again, sorry about your P....

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
@maccosmo

:D

enjoy vaio P

@ccarrieta

My Install Procedure is ...

(0. make vaio recovery DVD disks.)

1. shurink VISTA partition from VISTA with diskpart.

2. boot from gparted live cd.

3. create two hfs partitions on empty area(#3:16G,#4:10G)

4. format partition #4 hfs.

5. copy entire retail dvd to partition #4(be careful copied files uid/gid)

6. copy osx86 standard kexts( dsmons, ps2 and etc...)

7. copy vaio p specific kexts( download topic link)

8. replace OSInstall.mpkg to enable MBR partition install.

9. append boot options to com.apple.Boot.plist, "cpus=1 rd=disk0s4")

10. install bootloader( mbr and pbr and /boot )

11. boot leopard installer from partition #4

12. install leopard to partiton #3

13. before reboot, install and overwrite kexts on pattions #3(installed #4 step 6. 7.)

14. append boot options to com.apple.Boot.plist, "cpus=1 rd=disk0s3")

this method saves VISTA and Instant mode.

but so complex.

I hope someone find more easy way and post here :unsure:

Hello! I have a 2nd gen Vaio P and I would like to use this method to install Snow Leopard onto it. Is there an updated guide anywhere? Which version of a snow leopard disc is best to use? The links provided in the 1st post are offline, any chance of reuploading them? Any help is much appreciated :P

• 2 weeks later...