Leopard on Pre-Series 7 NVIDIA nForce MCP + Intel CPU MOBOs - REBORN

verdant

468 posts in this topic

Thank you for reupload. ;)

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to ask.

Parallels Desktop and VMWare causing kernel panic every time start virtual machine (tried XP and Vista). Parallels recognized my VT-x enabled in BIOS. This problem is asked everywhere but no answer so far. I'm not really sure where is the problem, is it the kernel? is it one of the patched kext? or maybe PD, VMWare and other VM software that require VT-x natively won't work in IATKOS v7.

post-454155-1250090562_thumb.jpg

I am running XP Pro in Virtual Box 3.0.4 with VT-x enabled within OSX 10.5.6 on my Asus P5N32-E SLI Plus (650i) without any problems using the Voodoo 9.5.0 kernel ....... :(

Hey verdant,

Thanks so much for your help, I appreciate it, really. Upon reading around I came to a conclusion Kalyway might not be supported for my hardware, that or I was doing something wrong... SO.......

I downloaded iDeneb 10.5.5 and managed to get it installed on my computer without any errors. Upon booting with -v I get the "Using 16384 buffer headers and 4096 cluster" error. After googling around I managed to resolve it. BUT a new error appeared, the good ol' famous error of "Still waiting for root device". My hardrive is a SATA 120 GB HD, is there a workaround? I'd appreciate the help! Thank you.

-formula

Hey verdant,

Thanks so much for your help, I appreciate it, really. Upon reading around I came to a conclusion Kalyway might not be supported for my hardware, that or I was doing something wrong... SO.......

I downloaded iDeneb 10.5.5 and managed to get it installed on my computer without any errors. Upon booting with -v I get the "Using 16384 buffer headers and 4096 cluster" error. After googling around I managed to resolve it. BUT a new error appeared, the good ol' famous error of "Still waiting for root device". My hardrive is a SATA 120 GB HD, is there a workaround? I'd appreciate the help! Thank you.

-formula

What was the required solution to the the "Using 16384 buffer headers and 4096 cluster" error?

Can you clarify......are you getting the "Still waiting for root device" error when booting from OS X on the HDD (installed via iDeneb 10.5.5)......?

The required solution consisted of me booting into XP with my HD plugged in. Running MacDrive (but not compatible with my 64 bit, so I had to use TransMac), took a backup of a few kexts, replaced them with 10.4.8 JaS kexts & disabled the FireWire kexts.

Here is the link:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=78235

"Using XXXX buffer headers and 4096 cluster"

XXXX always changes when I pull out a memory stick, skips from 16384 to 10485.

I am still getting the "Still waiting for root device" error when I boot from my HD (after iDeneb installation) using -v. When I don't it shows the apple screen with no spinning thing & stays there forever.

The required solution consisted of me booting into XP with my HD plugged in. Running MacDrive (but not compatible with my 64 bit, so I had to use TransMac), took a backup of a few kexts, replaced them with 10.4.8 JaS kexts & disabled the FireWire kexts.

Here is the link:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=78235

"Using XXXX buffer headers and 4096 cluster"

XXXX always changes when I pull out a memory stick, skips from 16384 to 10485.

I am still getting the "Still waiting for root device" error when I boot from my HD (after iDeneb installation) using -v. When I don't it shows the apple screen with no spinning thing & stays there forever.

What happens when you boot with -v -f......?

Let me try that, what does -v -f mean?

-f will force re-load the kexts in /System/Library/Extensions, rather than load them from Extensions.mkext

Hey Verdant, maybe you remember me^^ I have a huge problem with this

Mainboard: MSI MCP73/Nforce 610i

We tried many times but it don't work.

Now I will try it again but I want to load a new fresh Distro like iPC, iAtkos, iDeneb

Which should I load? Or which is the best for me.

Here is the whole System:

Intel E5200 2*2.5

MSI MCP73/Nforce 610i

ATI HD 3450 256MB

S-ATA: 250GB HDD

IDE: DVD-RW

IDE: DVD-ROM

Hey Verdant, maybe you remember me^^ I have a huge problem with this

Mainboard: MSI MCP73/Nforce 610i

We tried many times but it don't work.

Now I will try it again but I want to load a new fresh Distro like iPC, iAtkos, iDeneb

Which should I load? Or which is the best for me.

Here is the whole System:

Intel E5200 2*2.5

MSI MCP73/Nforce 610i

ATI HD 3450 256MB

S-ATA: 250GB HDD

IDE: DVD-RW

IDE: DVD-ROM

I would suggest iPC 10.5.6.......in Customize

choose:

iPC OSx86 10.5.6 Base System (installed by default with AppleDecrypt.kext and Disabler.kext)

Language Translations - Optional

iPC OSx86 10.5.6 Intel AMD SSE2 SSE3

Kernels - 9.5.0 Voodoo Kernel

Drivers - Video Drivers - None

Drivers - Chipset Drivers - AppleNForceATA nForce Drivers

Drivers - Audio Drivers - None

Drivers - Ethernet Drivers - None

Drivers - USB Drivers - Patched USB Drivers

Fixes and Patches - Seatbelt.kext 10.5.5 (must be installed if Voodoo 9.5.0 kernel is installed)

Fixes and Patches - AppleSMBIOS Patch - AppleSMBIOS-27 Rev3 Mac Pro

Applications - Optional but can select all except Marvin's AMD Utility

Boot with -v cpus=1 and if you have ≥ 3GB RAM also maxmem=2048

Ensure that your IDE DVDROM or DVDRW is jumper set to Master and that your BIOS settings are set for OS X......see post #1 in this thread.......

I got Kernel Panic (I believe thats what it is). I'm going to try to re-install iDeneb right now.

Do you have the kernel panic log from the boot screen as that would be helpful.......

I am running XP Pro in Virtual Box 3.0.4 with VT-x enabled within OSX 10.5.6 on my Asus P5N32-E SLI Plus (650i) without any problems using the Voodoo 9.5.0 kernel ....... ;)

same as me too. prior to version 10.5.6 VM softwares work in iPC ppf5 & iATKOS v5.

but they don't work in iATKOS v7. sometimes latest version isn't always good thing, huh? :)

already ask at voodooprojects.org they say it's not theirs but distro problem. ask at uphuck forum no answers.

i like this iATKOS v7 because i don't have to choose too many option to make my system boot to desktop.

anyway, thanks for reply, i think i'll stick with virtualBox.

Best Regard

X

same as me too. prior to version 10.5.6 VM softwares work in iPC ppf5 & iATKOS v5.

but they don't work in iATKOS v7. sometimes latest version isn't always good thing, huh? :)

already ask at voodooprojects.org they say it's not theirs but distro problem. ask at uphuck forum no answers.

i like this iATKOS v7 because i don't have to choose too many option to make my system boot to desktop.

anyway, thanks for reply, i think i'll stick with virtualBox.

Best Regard

X

I have not updated my main system from 10.5.6 to 10.5.7 because a number have reported problems with 10.5.7 in terms of slower boot up times, slower performance, whereas 10.5.6 is fast and stable...........newer does not mean immediately better!

Tried putting the leopard flat image, upon booting I get

Darwin/x86 and shows the apple logo for about half a second and restarts. I can press F8 and type w/e i want by rapidly pressing F8. Something I need to type? I tried -v and it loads all the kexts & restarts.

As of writing my reply above i get answer at voodooprojects.org. Compare it to your answer and read some EULA thingy something, I finally solved it. :)

I download Voodoo_Kernel_Release_1.0_Rev_A.dmg, install and dang!!! now Parallels Dekstop can run my Windows XP VM.

So I guess everything almost perfect now. I never have KP in my desktop except that one.

....slower boot up times, slower performance....

In your account what is slower boot times? My system boot under a minute. Compare to Windows it's huge :P

Anyway, I'm plan to writing my detail and post installation at your place :rolleyes: and discuss a few issues, but that Parallels KP stop me. Since it solved now I'll be there soon.

Final question how can I know detail boot process? They run so fast I can't capture it with my camera.

Tried putting the leopard flat image, upon booting I get

Darwin/x86 and shows the apple logo for about half a second and restarts. I can press F8 and type w/e i want by rapidly pressing F8. Something I need to type? I tried -v and it loads all the kexts & restarts.

Let us take a step back to basics......I suggest you post screen shots of your current BIOS settings to begin with.....

As of writing my reply above i get answer at voodooprojects.org. Compare it to your answer and read some EULA thingy something, I finally solved it. :D

I download Voodoo_Kernel_Release_1.0_Rev_A.dmg, install and dang!!! now Parallels Dekstop can run my Windows XP VM.

So I guess everything almost perfect now. I never have KP in my desktop except that one.

In your account what is slower boot times? My system boot under a minute. Compare to Windows it's huge :P

Anyway, I'm plan to writing my detail and post installation at your place :D and discuss a few issues, but that Parallels KP stop me. Since it solved now I'll be there soon.

Final question how can I know detail boot process? They run so fast I can't capture it with my camera.

In Terminal type

sudo dmesg

Also go to Applications > Utilities > Console > Logs > system.log

Okay, so I re-installed iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5. After installation, it asks me to reboot so I did, and when it boots into the HD it restarts.

Here is how I installed iDeneb (sadly it was unsuccessful),

http://yfrog.com/e8img0886ajx <- Imageshack hosting

BIOS Settings: also shows the rebooting.

When I boot in -v it loads kexts and reboots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZKeWJuXzBE

I appreciate the help.

Okay, so I re-installed iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5. After installation, it asks me to reboot so I did, and when it boots into the HD it restarts.

Here is how I installed iDeneb (sadly it was unsuccessful),

http://yfrog.com/e8img0886ajx <- Imageshack hosting

BIOS Settings: also shows the rebooting.

When I boot in -v it loads kexts and reboots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZKeWJuXzBE

I appreciate the help.

Try the following in order and see if you can boot successfully after each suggestion:

1. In BIOS set RAID to [AHCI]

2. In BIOS set HPET to [Enabled]

3. From your BIOS settings you have the IDE HDD set as Slave with your SATA DVDRW set on SATA 2.......try with SATA DVDRW on SATA 1 and IDE HDD jumper set and connected as Master.....for IDE cable connections see post #1.......

Further note:

Since you have a SATA DVDRW you will probably need to use the AppleNForceATA Test kext and set maxmem=3072 under Kernel Flags in com.apple.Boot.plist because this kext does not work with > 3GB RAM......

OHR didn't solve the KP while shutdown or reboot. :|

What kernel are you running.......is it Voodoo 9.5.0 with matching System and seatbelt kexts?......if not, recommend you run Voodoo_Kernel_Release_1.0_Rev_A.dmg to install......

I get "Still waiting for Root Device". I Don't know why because I have set to AHCI and I make the right BIOS Setting...

Check your IDE jumper settings and cable connections for the optical drives very carefully......see post #1.......if these are correct, then we need to check if your SATA/PATA device IDs are compatible with AppleNForceATA.kext:

PATA: 0x01bc10de 0x006510de 0x008510de 0x00d510de 0x00e510de 0x003510de 0x005310de 0x026510de 0x036e10de 0x03ec10de

SATA: 0x008e10de 0x00e310de 0x00ee10de 0x003610de 0x003e10de 0x005410de 0x005510de 0x026610de 0x026710de 0x037e10de 0x037f10de 0x03e710de 0x03f610de 0x03f710de 0x045c10de 0x045d10de 0x045e10de 0x045f10de

Know AHCI SATA enabled chipset device+vendor id: 0x044c10de 0x044d10de 0x044e10de 0x044f10d 0x055010de 0x055110de 0x055210de 0x055310de 0x056010de 0x055410de 0x058410de

Know AHCI PATA chipsets device+vendor id: 0x056010de 0x056010de 0x056c10de 0x075910de

If your chipset is in the "Know AHCI SATA enabled chipsets" then you CANNOT USE THIS KEXT!

If your chipset is in the "Know AHCI PATA enabled chipsets" then you can try to use this kext for the pata handling, but this is not tested, so try at your own risk!

Try the following in order and see if you can boot successfully after each suggestion:

1. In BIOS set RAID to [AHCI]

3. From your BIOS settings you have the IDE HDD set as Slave with your SATA DVDRW set on SATA 2.......try with SATA DVDRW on SATA 1 and IDE HDD jumper set and connected as Master.....for IDE cable connections see post #1.......

Further note:

Since you have a SATA DVDRW you will probably need to use the AppleNForceATA Test kext and set maxmem=3072 under Kernel Flags in com.apple.Boot.plist because this kext does not work with > 3GB RAM......

How would I go abouts achieving this? Do I just type maxmem=3072 when I press F8 on DVD?

How would I go abouts achieving this? Do I just type maxmem=3072 when I press F8 on DVD?

When booting the DVD to install OS X I recommend you use -v cpus=1 maxmem=2048, and once OS X is installed, you do the following:

1. Go to the Terminal, and at the $ prompt, type in

sudo nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

2. Enter your password when requested. Use the arrow keys on the keyboard to move the cursor within the Terminal window.

3. Type in (without any spaces anywhere)

maxmem=3072

between <string> and </string> under <key>Kernel Flags</key>.

4. Move the cursor the Terminal window down until it no longer moves, then press Ctrl-O (i.e. ^O) and then Enter, to save the modified com.apple.Boot.plist file.

5. Press Ctrl-X (i.e. ^X) to Exit and type "exit" at the $ prompt to log out of the Terminal and then close and quit Terminal.

This only applies if I install MAC OS X successfully, and it boots right? What if it doesn't.

Yes......To get OS X to install successfully, try the following steps additively one after the other, booting up each time from an Install DVD and/or installed OS X on the HDD:

1. In BIOS set RAID Mode to [AHCI] but set RAID for the individual SATA drives to [Disabled]

Ok thank you, i will try it tommorow. what options should i select from the customization menu.

also if this is any help, i got ipc 10.5.6 installed on my dell latitude d610, is there some way i can use this as an advantage?

If you have got iPC 10.5.6 on DVD then install it with the following Customize options:

iPC OSx86 10.5.6 Base System (installed by default with AppleDecrypt.kext and Disabler.kext)

Language Translations - Optional

iPC OSx86 10.5.6 Intel AMD SSE2 SSE3

Kernels - 9.5.0 Voodoo Kernel

Drivers - Video Drivers - None

Drivers - Chipset Drivers - AppleNForceATA nForce Drivers (if your iPC version has AppleNForceATA Test kext, then use that, or install it afterwards using Kext Helper b7)

Drivers - Audio Drivers - None

Drivers - Ethernet Drivers - None

Drivers - USB Drivers - Patched USB Drivers

Fixes and Patches - Seatbelt.kext 10.5.5 (must be installed if Voodoo 9.5.0 kernel is installed)

Fixes and Patches - AppleSMBIOS Patch - AppleSMBIOS-27 Rev3 Mac Pro

Applications - Optional but can select all except Marvin's AMD Utility