Leopard on Pre-Series 7 NVIDIA nForce MCP + Intel CPU MOBOs - REBORN

verdant

468 posts in this topic

hi verdant i did what you said but after i installed the kext and the dawin the system boots but it hangs on a black screen before it doesn't allow me to do anything, literally i am stuck here if you can give me a hand repIring this issue how can i change it back to the way it was because i had some files on that partition and i don't wanna reinstall this and loose all my data. how can i repair this?

I assume you are on 10.5.6.......

Can you boot with -v -x......? If so, you can see what is in your Extensions folder.......delete the Ge* and NVD* and NVdarwin kexts.....then reboot with -v

Or,

boot with -s
mount -uw /
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/Ge*.kext
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/NV*.kext
exit

either way you can get back to basic Vesa mode......you can then use Pacifist to reinstall the Ge* and NVD* kexts off your install DVD.....assuming your system was working OK after the initial DVD install as regards vidio.......

Asus P5N-E SLI 650i

650i

Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 Wolfdale 2.66GHz 3MB L2 Cache

PATA Dvd burner

PATA 60GB HDD

I have a Sata 500GB Hdd with windows xp installed on it and i use the PATA for Mac but dont know how to dual boot them so i just disconnect the sata when i try to use mac

I have Windows XP SP3 I want to Dual boot using to different HDDs

XFX PVT98GYDLU GeForce 9800 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready

DIAMOND XtremeSound XS51 5.1 Channels 16-bit 48KHz PCI Interface Sound Card

I use Onboard Ethernet now on windows xp there is 1 esata i dont use it i dont use onboard audio there is 1 firewire i dont use onboard and there is 6 Usb not sure if they are 2.2 or 2.0 most likely 2.0

i have Kalyway 10.5.2 not usre what it is or anything about it

you can see if its good for me or not

well im not having problems installing it i got it installed and everything looks good but im on a 1080p monitor and the resolution wont change it will only lower from something like 1024x768 so i thought that might be video card drivers. another problem is when i was installing it got to the part where you set up internet and what not and i tried everything i know and it said nothing worded so i skipped it now there is no internet and i dont beliave it is even seeing that i have onboard ethernet. sound i have no clue if that works. So i think i just need help with drivers and setting up my internet. so if there is any of that kext thing i dont know how to do any of that i dont really know how to do anything so Please help!

also if you need bios screenshots i got them.

Asus P5N-E SLI 650i

650i

Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 Wolfdale 2.66GHz 3MB L2 Cache

PATA Dvd burner

PATA 60GB HDD

I have a Sata 500GB Hdd with windows xp installed on it and i use the PATA for Mac but dont know how to dual boot them so i just disconnect the sata when i try to use mac

I have Windows XP SP3 I want to Dual boot using to different HDDs

XFX PVT98GYDLU GeForce 9800 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready

DIAMOND XtremeSound XS51 5.1 Channels 16-bit 48KHz PCI Interface Sound Card

I use Onboard Ethernet now on windows xp there is 1 esata i dont use it i dont use onboard audio there is 1 firewire i dont use onboard and there is 6 Usb not sure if they are 2.2 or 2.0 most likely 2.0

i have Kalyway 10.5.2 not usre what it is or anything about it (here the link

you can see if its good for me or not

well im not having problems installing it i got it installed and everything looks good but im on a 1080p monitor and the resolution wont change it will only lower from something like 1024x768 so i thought that might be video card drivers. another problem is when i was installing it got to the part where you set up internet and what not and i tried everything i know and it said nothing worded so i skipped it now there is no internet and i dont beliave it is even seeing that i have onboard ethernet. sound i have no clue if that works. So i think i just need help with drivers and setting up my internet. so if there is any of that kext thing i dont know how to do any of that i dont really know how to do anything so Please help!

also if you need bios screenshots i got them.

There are quite a few questions here......so starting from the top:

First you have to delete the torrent link from your post; it is against forum rules!......

Dual booting: You can use tboot in Windows XP.....put it to the same directory as NTLDR (which is usually in C:\) and add the line

C:\tboot="Mac OSX Leopard"

to boot.ini.......as seen below, depending on which OS you want to boot as default

XP Pro Default

[boot loader]

timeout=10

default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS

[operating systems]

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

Leopard Default

[boot loader]

timeout=10

default=C:\tboot

[operating systems]

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

and you can use Chameleon 2.0 RC1 in OS X.......

For video you can try the new universal injector here.....or aqua-mac's procedure here.....

For connecting to the internet you need to enable onboard LAN in your BIOS.....and then use eno's nForceLAN.kext........see post #1......use his Installer, i.e. nForceLAN_0.62.13.pkg.....

Do not know of drivers for you sound card but onboard audio uses Realtek ALC883 chipset......Try VoodooHDA 0.2.2 kext or the ALC883 kexts here.....use Kext Helper b7 to install kexts....

everything worked except i set the res to 1080p and now drop down menus are all white i can click stuff if i know its exact place and when i click away for a blink you can see the words changed res still nothing and i cant use onboard sound because it has to be turned off for the sounds card in windows xp but i can go without sound. but if you can help with the drop down menus that would be awesome and the tboot link didn't work and i cant find it anywhere.

Thanks for all your help so far you've been a big help!!!!

everything worked except i set the res to 1080p and now drop down menus are all white i can click stuff if i know its exact place and when i click away for a blink you can see the words changed res still nothing and i cant use onboard sound because it has to be turned off for the sounds card in windows xp but i can go without sound. but if you can help with the drop down menus that would be awesome and the tboot link didn't work and i cant find it anywhere.

Thanks for all your help so far you've been a big help!!!!

Here is another tboot link.....

How did you set the res to 1080p.....? Did you modify com.apple.Boot.plist.....?

Switch your monitor cable connector to the other port on your graphics card.....see what happens to your resolution choices.....

i just went to preferences and chose the highest resolution which was 1920×1080

I assume that resolution is the natural resolution for your monitor?

Check under System Profiler > Graphics/Displays that you have hardware accelerated Core Image (CI) and Quartz Exteme (QE) support....

the CI and QE are how you said they should be. but nothing changed i switch the connector tot he other port nothin works oh and i have a new problem now i tryed to use acronis and it didnt work so i tryed a uninstall and now i dont know how to get rid of it ive deleted everything i could find with it and its still there.

the CI and QE are how you said they should be. but nothing changed i switch the connector tot he other port nothin works oh and i have a new problem now i tryed to use acronis and it didnt work so i tryed a uninstall and now i dont know how to get rid of it ive deleted everything i could find with it and its still there.

What version of Acronis did you use?

not sure but i tryed to uninstall it and i deleted everything that had that name on it or os selector in the name yet it still comes up when i start up and makes me choose my OS which xp is the only option becasue it told me there was an error but i got Chameleon 2.0 RC1 working and it starts before acronis but my drop down menus still are all white but i can see the options for a blink when i click away.

not sure but i tryed to uninstall it and i deleted everything that had that name on it or os selector in the name yet it still comes up when i start up and makes me choose my OS which xp is the only option becasue it told me there was an error but i got Chameleon 2.0 RC1 working and it starts before acronis but my drop down menus still are all white but i can see the options for a blink when i click away.

Have you repaired permissions on your HDD using Disk Utility?

i repaired the HDD it still shows the menus all white

Cut your losses and do a fresh install......

hey buddy hows it going ok this has been the biggest pain to me

here is my set up

motherboard: xfx680i lt

CPU: intel Q6600 @2.4 GHz

ram: 6GB ddr2 corsair (i know i can only have 2 GB)

GPU: 2x 9800 gt( iknow i can only use one)

dvd drive: sony IDE

sound: on board

HDD: 1x saegate 500GB sata 1x samsung 1TB sata

i have ideeneb 10.5.6

and can get any other versions im open to all

if i do need another one plz provide a link if posible

when i use this install i can fully install it i get the install successful check mark and it re booths and brings me to the apple icon with the spinning wheen (ie its loading osx)

then i get the no smoking symbol and it freezes this is as far as i have been b4

and i have dont the -x command to boot in safe mode same thing happens

plz help

cheers Adam

hey buddy hows it going ok this has been the biggest pain to me

here is my set up

motherboard: xfx680i lt

CPU: intel Q6600 @2.4 GHz

ram: 6GB ddr2 corsair (i know i can only have 2 GB)

GPU: 2x 9800 gt( iknow i can only use one)

dvd drive: sony IDE

sound: on board

HDD: 1x saegate 500GB sata 1x samsung 1TB sata

i have ideeneb 10.5.6

and can get any other versions im open to all

if i do need another one plz provide a link if posible

when i use this install i can fully install it i get the install successful check mark and it re booths and brings me to the apple icon with the spinning wheen (ie its loading osx)

then i get the no smoking symbol and it freezes this is as far as i have been b4

and i have dont the -x command to boot in safe mode same thing happens

plz help

cheers Adam

0) Physically remove one 9800 GT graphics card initially but no need to remove any of 6GB RAM on MOBO

1) Check your BIOS settings against template in post #1.....initially leave onboard LAN set to [Disabled]

2) DO NOT install video, network and audio selections from iPC Customize menu.....focus on getting the basic OS X system running......

3) Boot the Install DVD with -v cpus=1 maxmem=2048 and install from iDeneb 10.5.6 as follows:

Audio: None

Chipset: AppleNForceATA

Kernel: 9.5.0 Voodoo

Network:

- Ethernet : None

- Wireless : None

Fix:

AppleSMBIOS : AppleSMBIOS Mac Pro

Seatbelt Fix

Video: None

Applications : Your choice but at least

• BetterZip

• Kext Helper

• Menu Meters

• OSx86 Tools

• Pacifist

to see if with this setup you can run OS X with all 4 cores running......and PCIClassMatch FIX the Ge* and NVD* kexts.....see post #1 in this thread, and re-boot with -v -f

4) Then, if this Customize choice list gives you 4 running cores.....then install the appropriate audio driver only.....see if you still have stable running with 4 cores and no kernel panics......

5) Then, if this is the case.....then enable onboard LAN in BIOS and install nForceLAN.kext using the 0.62.13n Test installer .pkg, renaming nvenet.kext and removing forcedeth.kext and nForceEthernetController.kext if found.....see if you still have stable running with 4 cores and no kernel panics......

6) Then, if this is the case.....finally install just one NVinjector.kext........as well as NVdarwin, try CoreVidia v1.1 and netkas Universal injector with correct VRAM amount, or aqua-mac's drivers + GFX strings approach for both single and dual cards (see link within this link) .....see if you still have stable running with 4 cores and no kernel panics......

0) Physically remove one 9800 GT graphics card initially but no need to remove any of 6GB RAM on MOBO

1) Check your BIOS settings against template in post #1.....initially leave onboard LAN set to [Disabled]

2) DO NOT install video, network and audio selections from iPC Customize menu.....focus on getting the basic OS X system running......

3) Boot the Install DVD with -v cpus=1 maxmem=2048 and install from iDeneb 10.5.6 as follows:

Audio: None

Chipset: AppleNForceATA

Kernel: 9.5.0 Voodoo

Network:

- Ethernet : None

- Wireless : None

Fix:

AppleSMBIOS : AppleSMBIOS Mac Pro

Seatbelt Fix

Video: None

Applications : Your choice but at least

• BetterZip

• Kext Helper

• Menu Meters

• OSx86 Tools

• Pacifist

to see if with this setup you can run OS X with all 4 cores running......and PCIClassMatch FIX the Ge* and NVD* kexts.....see post #1 in this thread, and re-boot with -v -f

4) Then, if this Customize choice list gives you 4 running cores.....then install the appropriate audio driver only.....see if you still have stable running with 4 cores and no kernel panics......

5) Then, if this is the case.....then enable onboard LAN in BIOS and install nForceLAN.kext using the 0.62.13n Test installer .pkg, renaming nvenet.kext and removing forcedeth.kext and nForceEthernetController.kext if found.....see if you still have stable running with 4 cores and no kernel panics......

6) Then, if this is the case.....finally install just one NVinjector.kext........as well as NVdarwin, try CoreVidia v1.1 and netkas Universal injector with correct VRAM amount, or aqua-mac's drivers + GFX strings approach for both single and dual cards (see link within this link) .....see if you still have stable running with 4 cores and no kernel panics......

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys just thought i would see how you all are :)

Im not sure what to install for my os Ipc 10.5.6 or Iatkos v7 10.5.7 but if i install any i cant mount any dmgs using the voodo kernel

my specs

Asus p5n-mx 610i

8600GT

1.5 GB RAM

1 80 GB SATA

1 160GB PATA

Intel pentium e2160 @ 1.80 Ghz

2 dvd drives x1 pata x1 sata

Hi guys just thought i would see how you all are :)

Im not sure what to install for my os Ipc 10.5.6 or Iatkos v7 10.5.7 but if i install any i cant mount any dmgs using the voodo kernel

my specs

Asus p5n-mx 610i

8600GT

1.5 GB RAM

1 80 GB SATA

1 160GB PATA

Intel pentium e2160 @ 1.80 Ghz

2 dvd drives x1 pata x1 sata

You need some sort of matching Seatbelt.Kext

Thanks i got a fully working Hackintosh yeay youtube video coming soon :thumbsup_anim:

Just 1 thing is it safe to upgrade to 10.5.7 ??? if so how would i do it because sometimes on my laptop it frezzers

Thanks

Aly369

Thanks i got a fully working Hackintosh yeay youtube video coming soon :(

Just 1 thing is it safe to upgrade to 10.5.7 ??? if so how would i do it because sometimes on my laptop it frezzers

Thanks

Aly369

Use Mystiquemacus 10.5.7 updater........

"A mod closed it without warning or explanation......there is a new Pre-Series 7 thread....so please repost there and I will help you there......"

Thanks Verdant for the fast reply!

So this is the situation:

I've been reading it fully and I can't make boot any install (Kaly 1052, iDeneb 1055, LeoV3). Probably is my DSDT not compatible, I want to try iPC 10_5_6, but it has so many options that I don't know what to choose and as you have a huge experience with nforce chipsets I wonder if you would be able to help me with:

-Kernel

-Chipset Driver

-USB Driver

-Power Management

-Fixes and Patches

-DSDT Patches

-AppleSMBIOS Patch

-Alternate Bootloaders (If I select a DSDT patch, do I need to install Chameleon SMBIOS/DSDT? Im very comfortable with tboot...)

I'm not going to install any drivers for audio, lan or video, I just want to boot into Leo install and then look for the appropriate drivers.

Thanks in advance

"A mod closed it without warning or explanation......there is a new Pre-Series 7 thread....so please repost there and I will help you there......"

Thanks Verdant for the fast reply!

So this is the situation:

I've been reading it fully and I can't make boot any install (Kaly 1052, iDeneb 1055, LeoV3). Probably is my DSDT not compatible, I want to try iPC 10_5_6, but it has so many options that I don't know what to choose and as you have a huge experience with nforce chipsets I wonder if you would be able to help me with:

-Kernel

-Chipset Driver

-USB Driver

-Power Management

-Fixes and Patches

-DSDT Patches

-AppleSMBIOS Patch

-Alternate Bootloaders (If I select a DSDT patch, do I need to install Chameleon SMBIOS/DSDT? Im very comfortable with tboot...)

I'm not going to install any drivers for audio, lan or video, I just want to boot into Leo install and then look for the appropriate drivers.

Thanks in advance

Can you boot the iPC Install DVD without getting a "still waiting for root device" error and have you set up your BIOS as per the 610i settings recommended for OS X in post #1....?

Can you boot the iPC Install DVD without getting a "still waiting for root device" error and have you set up your BIOS as per the 610i settings recommended for OS X in post #1....?

I'm at work and I left burning the dvd at home, I'll try it at night when I get home, though I made the bios settings (*) and I was able to boot an installed all the distros mentioned before but I get the "Using XXXX buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers" error,

I think I was able to install them because I'm booting from ide an installing on ide, the Installer Disk Utility does not see my Sata HDD. Both drives are on the same 80 wires cable as you described and set as Cable Select thru jumpers. (Blue -> MOBO; Black -> HDD; Gray (middle plug) -> DVDROM)

(*) The only thing I can not set is "On Chip ATA Devices" -> Raid Mode: ACHI

I'm not using any kind of RAID, and when I set it up like that I couldn't boot to Win XP

Last night I tried to install Kaly like this:

Kalyway 10.5.2 Options:

Additional Fonts (Choose to suit your requirements)

Language Translations (Choose to suit your requirements)

Kernels -

kernel_9.2_sleep Y (Default choice)

kernel_9.2_speedstep N

kernel_922_kabyl N

kernel_922_modin N

kernel_92_nforce N

kernel_vanilla_92 N

Graphics _Drivers - N

Audio_Drivers N

Networks_ Drivers - N

Mobo_Chipsets - Default choices

Thirds_Applications – Choose to suit your requirements

SSE2_Jas1048_ACPI_APIC N (Default choice)

Patches -

Hardcoded_SMBIOS Default choice i.e. Lastnetkassmbios

boot_with-cpus=1_flag N

PCGenUSB_Fix N

Francais_pc_keyboard_layout N

TimeMachineFix Y

PowerManagement_bundle N

Intel Memory Controller N

AMD_1052_Patches Default N (Default choice)

And I got the buffer header error.

I have the hope that iPC is gonna work...

I'm at work and I left burning the dvd at home, I'll try it at night when I get home, though I made the bios settings (*) and I was able to boot an installed all the distros mentioned before but I get the "Using XXXX buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers" error,

I think I was able to install them because I'm booting from ide an installing on ide, the Installer Disk Utility does not see my Sata HDD. Both drives are on the same 80 wires cable as you described and set as Cable Select thru jumpers. (Blue -> MOBO; Black -> HDD; Gray (middle plug) -> DVDROM)

(*) The only thing I can not set is "On Chip ATA Devices" -> Raid Mode: ACHI

I'm not using any kind of RAID, and when I set it up like that I couldn't boot to Win XP

Last night I tried to install Kaly like this:

Kalyway 10.5.2 Options:

Additional Fonts (Choose to suit your requirements)

Language Translations (Choose to suit your requirements)

Kernels -

kernel_9.2_sleep Y (Default choice)

kernel_9.2_speedstep N

kernel_922_kabyl N

kernel_922_modin N

kernel_92_nforce N

kernel_vanilla_92 N

Graphics _Drivers - N

Audio_Drivers N

Networks_ Drivers - N

Mobo_Chipsets - Default choices

Thirds_Applications – Choose to suit your requirements

SSE2_Jas1048_ACPI_APIC N (Default choice)

Patches -

Hardcoded_SMBIOS Default choice i.e. Lastnetkassmbios

boot_with-cpus=1_flag N

PCGenUSB_Fix N

Francais_pc_keyboard_layout N

TimeMachineFix Y

PowerManagement_bundle N

Intel Memory Controller N

AMD_1052_Patches Default N (Default choice)

And I got the buffer header error.

I have the hope that iPC is gonna work...

Regarding "The only thing I can not set is "On Chip ATA Devices" -> Raid Mode: ACHI

I'm not using any kind of RAID, and when I set it up like that I couldn't boot to Win XP"......are you saying that

you can switch to AHCI mode in BIOS but that when you do you cannot boot to XP

or

you cannot switch to AHCI mode in BIOS.....?